APPLY HERE: Titleist 915 D2 and D3 driver-fitting testing thread!

Jacksonville, FL Thursday December 4
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?
[*]Cleveland Classic 290/Miyazaki Kusala Black 72 Stiff
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
[*]Im always looking to put the best equipment in my bag to give me a competitive advantage!
[*]Your Current Handicap?
[*]+2
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[*]right handed
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[*]No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[*]I will post every round I play with feedback!
[/list]

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like an awesome opportunity!

I am in the West region, and would love to participate in Valencia, CA on Saturday, Dece. 6.
[list]
[*][b]What is your current driver / shaft combination?[/b]
[/list]
For the past year I have been playing the Taylor Made SLDR (10.5* 460 cc) with a UST VTS Silver 6x[list]
[*][b]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?[/b]
[/list]
My previous driver was the 975 from Titleist, and I have always loved the feel of Titleist drivers. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get my spin low enough with them to really justify putting one in play. I would love to see if a professional fitting could accomplish that, as they are classic looking clubs that always perform well. [list]
[*][b]Your Current Handicap?[/b]
[/list]
+2.5[list]
[*][b]Are you righty or lefty?[/b]
[/list]
Righty[list]
[*][b]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?[/b]
[/list]
Yes (I would say semi-professionally fit though....the fitter had limited options available)[list]
[*][b]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?[/b]
[/list]
Yes, I would love to be a part of a review/discussion thread and would have no problems posting pictures and giving objective feedback on the club and fitting process.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

MidWest Region - Houston Texas - avail for any date (Dec 4,5,6,11,12,13)

What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]Taylormade R1 RIP Phenom [/b]
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?[b] looking for a better sounding/feeling driver with more forgiveness and more distance wouldnt hurt either [/b]
Your Current Handicap? [b]14[/b]
Are you righty or lefty?[b] righty[/b]
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?[b] once previously[/b]
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?[b] yes [/b]

Any of these dates i could make work. These two would be preferred.[list]
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)
[/list]
[list]
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[/list]
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? SLDR TP 12* Oban Kiyoshi White 05 Flex
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I have played Titleist drivers for the last 15 years. Recently the SLDR bumped out my 913D3.
[*]Your Current Handicap? +1
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely!
[/list]

Callaway Epic SZ  triple diamond 9* AD IZ 6x
Callaway Epic SZ 15* Hzrdus smoke 70 6.5
Srixon u85 3 iron 
Srixon z785 4-p DG TI AMT x100
RTX4 52,56,60 DG s400 TI

[list]
[*]Midwest Region
[/list]
[list]
[*]Titleist 913 D2 10.5 loft / Diamana Flex- S
[*]I want to try and test the 915 to see if there is a large difference between the 913 and 915, because I have such a high handicap and am not consist when it comes to striking the ball, the active recoil channel on this club is very appealing to me. I need all of the help I can get when it comes to lowering my score.
[*]15
[*]Righty
[*]No
[*]ABSOLUTELY!
[/list]

[list]
[*]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)
[/list]
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? 910 D2 W. Fujikura Fuel 70x
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Because I was told by a Titlest rep I played with that my equipment didn't fit me. Hit one drive with his 915D3 and smoked it further and straighter than I have ever hit my driver.
[*]Your Current Handicap? 15
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Negative ghost rider.
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely.
[/list]

[quote name='atursky' timestamp='1415742554' post='10431033']
[attachment=2494865:TESTING_TITLEIST915.png]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/246529/titleist-915-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/"]Titleist 915 D2 and D3 drivers[/url] will be available in stores on November 14, but we're looking for three fitters -- one from the West, Mid-West and East regions -- to get an exclusive driver fitting from Titleist, a free driver built to their specs, then write about the new club and fitting experience in a forum testing thread.

Do you want to test the new Titleist 915 drivers and be part of the experience? Read how to apply below.

[attachment=2493673:WRXtitleist.jpg]

[color=#282828][color=#B22222][b]TO APPLY:[/b][/color][/color]
[color=#282828]Testers must be willing to drive/travel to one of the Titleist fitting locations on the following dates:[/color]

[color=#282828]WEST Region[/color][list]
[*]Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
[*]Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]MidWest Region[/color][list]
[/list]
[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color][list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828][b]ENTRY:[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[/list]
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]
[/quote]
[list]
[*][b]EAST - Jacksonville Thurs Dec 4 or Thurs Dec 11[/b]
[*][b]Titleist 910D2 9.5 Diamana ahina 72 Stiff[/b]
[*][b]Eager to move up to latest technology[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]11.6 index[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]Righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]YES[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]YES[/b]
[/list]

I am able to participate in[b] Glendale, Burbank[/b], AND [b]Palos Verdes[/b] CA on the dates.[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Vival Alpha 9.5 head w/ Kick2 Pro 60 S (both Japanese)
[/list][list]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I've never tried Titleist clubs. I have been looking forward to make a change to Titleist with the release of this club.
[*]Your Current Handicap? Handicap 5
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? I have been professionally fitted on numerous occasions. (Putter to Driver)
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? I agree to do so to my best effort.
[/list]

This is awesome! Thanks wrx! I live in Jax so EAST region and I could make any date work but I'll say the 4th, 5th, or 12th!
I'd love to participate in the thread and provide pics as well!
I'm using an SLDR 9.5 with Fuji speeder 757, never been professionally fit aside from demo days, currently about a 7, right handed and I'd love to hit a titleist driver again. Haven't really hit one since a 905t, demo'd the 913 and we did not get along. From what I've heard of the tech, this could be the year!

LTD 9.5*D Project X HZRDUS 6.5 75g
Cobra Bio Cell + 14.5* Fuji Speeder 757x
CobraBio Cell + 17.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70x
Adams CMB 4-G KBS C-Taper X
Vokey TVD54*

SM? 58*K
Scotty Circa 62 #3 /Kingston GSS KP2
ProV1 / Snell MTB / Snell MTB Prime

I'm 3 hours away from the western region (California). I can make any of the dates and locations work. I would love to be a part of the testing. I'm a 2hcp, right hand. Current driver, Nike VR Pro Ltd 10.5 with stock Diamana stiff. I have never been fit professionally I will follow all qualifications. Thank you!

Callaway Epic Speed 9.0* Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Epic 15* Hazurdus 65
Callaway Epic 18* Hazurdus 65
Takomo 101t 4-pw Steelfiber fc90cw 
Bridgestone J15 56* Project x PXI 5.0
Scotty Cameron Squareback 34"

[quote name='atursky' timestamp='1415742554' post='10431033']
[attachment=2494865:TESTING_TITLEIST915.png]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/246529/titleist-915-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/"]Titleist 915 D2 and D3 drivers[/url] will be available in stores on November 14, but we're looking for three fitters -- one from the West, Mid-West and East regions -- to get an exclusive driver fitting from Titleist, a free driver built to their specs, then write about the new club and fitting experience in a forum testing thread.

Do you want to test the new Titleist 915 drivers and be part of the experience? Read how to apply below.

[attachment=2493673:WRXtitleist.jpg]

[color=#282828][color=#B22222][b]TO APPLY:[/b][/color][/color]
[color=#282828]Testers must be willing to drive/travel to one of the Titleist fitting locations on the following dates:[/color]

[color=#282828]WEST Region[/color][list]
[*]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]MidWest Region[/color][list]
[/list]
[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color][list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828][b]ENTRY:[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[/list]
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]
[/quote]

Available any of the dates in the midwest region.
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [color=#0000ff]Ping i25 Tour Ad Di 6 Stiff[/color]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [color=#0000cd]Previously played 910 D3, but competitors stole me away. Wondering if your technology has improved. [/color]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [color=#0000cd]GHIN 9.9[/color]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [color=#0000cd]Righty[/color]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [color=#0000cd]Yes[/color]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [color=#0000cd]Yes[/color]
[/list]

I'd love to do the fitting in the east region on December 4th in Jacksonville.
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Taylormade R11, speeder 6.0 Stiff
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? This is a driver I wanted to get fit for, its time for an upgrade from the R11. Been wanting to find a driver that can beat it.
[*]Your Current Handicap? 6
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes, a few times including fittings at club champion.
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes, I've been wanting to do one of these.
[/list]

[color=#282828]I was looking at Jacksonville on Saturday December 6th[/color]
[color=#282828] 1. 910D3 Fubuki White 60X[/color]
[color=#282828] 2. Ive been a Titleist driver guy since the 910 came out. Tested the 913 and got better numbers with the 910d3. Hoping the slot gives me 10 yards.[/color]
[color=#282828] 3. Current Handicap is 1[/color]
[color=#282828] 4. Im a Righty[/color]
[color=#282828] 5. Negative[/color]
[color=#282828] 6. Absolutely, I would really enjoy doing something like this.[/color]

[color=#282828]East, Jacksonville, FL Saturday, December 11, 2014[/color]
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? TaylorMade SLDR 460, Matrix Black Tie S
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I switched from a 913 after playing Titleist drivers exclusively for many years. I switched because the 913 just simply isn't as long as other offerings. With the new compression slot behind the face, I want to see if Titleist has caught up in the distance game.
[*]Your Current Handicap? 2.5
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes.
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely
[/list]

awesome opportunity!
[list]
[/list][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination
[/list]
[b]Currently playing a 2007 burner with original grafalloy blue in regular flex[/b][list]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver
[/list]
[b]I am looking for a new driver to and shaft combo fit to me to get the most out of my drives since I am a short hitter.[/b][list]
[/list]
[b]I do not an official handicap, but I play between a 14-16[/b][list]
[/list]
[b]I am a righty.[/b][list]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver
[/list]
[b]I have never been professionally fit for any clubs in my bag.[/b][list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club
[/list]
[b]Without a doubt; I am on here constantly and would love to help contribute more.[/b]

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

[b]Midwest, Houston TX, Friday Dec 12th.[/b][list]
[*][b]Titleist 913D3 9.5 Fuji Fuel 60 Stiff[/b]
[*][b]Having just moved over to the Titleist Driver From my Bridgestone, I'm eager to see if the new combo can preform better than the 913D3 did against the J33P I was playing.[/b]
[*][b]2.4[/b]
[*][b]Righty[/b]
[*][b]No[/b]
[*][b]I agree to participation requirements stated here. JCA[/b]
[/list]

I would love to do the one in Jacksonville December 4!
Current Driver: 910 D3 with Project X 6.0 shaft
I want to test the 915 because I want to experience the best Titleist has to offer, which is still the 910 IMO, but the 915 could change that!
Current Handicap: 11
Right handed
Professionally fit for a shaft, not a driver thoigh
I would love to be able to document my time and show off what Titleist has to offer!

East, Jacksonville December 6th.

What is your current driver / shaft combination? Cobra bio cell +, matrix black tie stiff

* Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I don't think have ever actually hit a titleist driver and I know I've never hit one on a course. Super odd since I used to work in golf retail.

* Your Current Handicap? 7

* Are you righty or lefty? Righty

* Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes

* If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely, I love to write.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

I would love to participate in Jacksonville, FL on December 11th.[list]
[*]I am currently playing a Taylormade R11S with a Diamana Whiteboard 73X.
[*]I want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver because I have been looking for the opportunity to get fitted correctly for a driver.
[*]My current handicap is a zero.
[*]I am a righty.
[*]I have not been professionally fit for a driver but I have been wanting to for a while.
[*]If chosen, I would be absolutely participate with a review of my experience to help educate potential buyers.
[/list]

WEST region (any dates/locations)
What is your current driver / shaft combination? BB Alpha with Fubuki ZT stiff
Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I have never used Titleist drivers before even though I play with MB 712 irons. I'm curious as to how much better things could get with a full fitting and with a new Titleist driver!
Your Current Handicap? GHIN 8.4
Are you righty or lefty? Righty
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? YES

If selected, I'd like to go to Houston on December 6th. Answers to individual questions below:

1) My current driver is a TM SLDR with a Diamana D+ 62x shaft.
2) I'm a complete equipment junkie who is always looking for something better. I have an engineering background, so I'm not just interested in the results, I also want to know why a given club performs better/worse than its competitors.
3) Currently a 7.4 index.
4) Right handed.
5) I have been professionally fit several times. Most recently in connection with the SLDR challenge. Doing this would give me the opportunity to do an apples to apples review of the SLDR vs. the 915.
6) Absolutely. The review I wrote in connection with the SLDR challenge is here: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/996759-live-updates-the-5000-taylormade-sldr-guarantee-event-beforeafter-results-added/page__st__870__p__9040641#entry9040641

[color="#282828"] WEST Region[/color][list]
[*]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014
[/list]
[list]
[*]Titleist 913D2 9.5* w/ Matrix White Tie 6X3 Stiff
[*]Heard about the distance gains with the 915 and want to see how the numbers compare to my 913.
[*]Handicap: 7.9
[*]Right handed
[*]Yes, I was fit for my 910D2 a few years ago at a Titleist Fitting Day.
[*]Yes, I agree to participate in an ongoing review thread, will take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club.
[/list]

**WITB** **Driver**: Titleist TS2 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Elite Orange S **3 Wood**: Adams Idea XTD 15* Super S Hybrid w/ Fubuki AX350 S **Utility**: Titleist 818H2 19* and 23* w/ Fujikura Motore TS HB 8.8 **5-PW**: Titleist AP3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lites **WEDGES**: Titleist Vokey SM7 52* and 56* **PUTTER**: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 w/ Superstroke

Would love to participate!

Entry:

Midwest/Houston Dec 6
(could also do the 5th)

Current Driver: Titleist 913 D2 8.5, Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 g 05 flex
Why?: I've been a Titleist Driver player since the 975D! Can't wait to see what they've been working on!
Handicap: 6
Dexterity: Left handed
Fitting History: Haven't been fit by a professional since high school

I would definitely be willing to participate in the review discussion and contribute my thoughts and photos.

Thanks so much!

*MidWest Region- Houston, TX Dec. 13th
*Current Driver- TaylorMade SLDR 430 w/ Motore Speeder 7.3 TS X-flex
*Why- Titleist is known for producing quality equipment. Their new technology in the 915 drivers should help with my high spin swing.
*Handicap- ~11
*Right handed
*I have only been fitted for a driver during a demo day.
*Yes, I would be happy to participate in an ongoing review thread.

[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color]

Either of the following dates:[list]
[/list][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [i][b]Titleist 913 D2/ Diamana 62 X-flex[/b][/i]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b][i]To find a driver with lower spin[/i][/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [i][b]4.9 index[/b][/i]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b][i]Righty[/i][/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [i][b]Yes[/b][/i]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b][i]Would be glad to.[/i][/b]
[/list]

Hello,

I live in Jacksonville so I can do any date here.

I would love to be properly fitted and I have heard great things about 915 line.

7 handicap.

I am left handed 12 degree SLDR with Matrix white tie stiff. Roughly 105 club head speed in driver.

I have been fit but probably not properly.

Thank you