APPLY HERE: Titleist 915 D2 and D3 driver-fitting testing thread!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color="#282828"]West[/color]
[color=#282828]Palos Verdes[/color]
[color=#282828]December 10[/color][list]
[*]Titleist 910 D2/Project X Stiff
[*]I need more distance on my tee shots. I'm getting older and don't have the distance I use to have.
[*]11- Current handicap
[*]Righty
[*]I have never been professionally fitted for a driver.
[*]Yes, if chosen, I agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where I am required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[/list]

I am willing to make any of the Midwest Region Houston dates.

Current set up is a Callway Big Bertha Alpha w/ Oban Black 65 05 shaft.

I would like to try the 915 because I have always played Titleist clubs until recently when I felt they were passed up technology wise.

.3 handicap index

Right Handed

I have been professionaly fit for a driver several times

I would be willing to write about my fitting and updates to give a review of my on course performance with the club

[quote name='atursky' timestamp='1415742554' post='10431033']
[attachment=2494865:TESTING_TITLEIST915.png]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/246529/titleist-915-drivers-fairway-woods-and-hybrids/"]Titleist 915 D2 and D3 drivers[/url] will be available in stores on November 14, but we're looking for three fitters -- one from the West, Mid-West and East regions -- to get an exclusive driver fitting from Titleist, a free driver built to their specs, then write about the new club and fitting experience in a forum testing thread.

Do you want to test the new Titleist 915 drivers and be part of the experience? Read how to apply below.

[attachment=2493673:WRXtitleist.jpg]

[color=#282828][color=#B22222][b]TO APPLY:[/b][/color][/color]
[color=#282828]Testers must be willing to drive/travel to one of the Titleist fitting locations on the following dates:[/color]

[color=#282828]WEST Region[/color][list]
[*]Burbank, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)
[*]Glendale, CA (Friday, Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Palos Verdes, CA (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]MidWest Region[/color][list]
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828]EAST Region[/color][list]
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Jacksonville, Fla. (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[/list]
[color=#282828][b]ENTRY:[/b][/color]

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color]In addition,[color=#282828] answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
[*]Your Current Handicap?
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[/list]
[color=#282828]Usually these testing threads fill up fast, so apply ASAP! Three winners will be chosen at random -- one from the WEST, MidWest and EAST regions -- on Nov. 26, 2014.[/color]
[/quote]

East Region. Jax, FL. Thursday Dec 11, or Friday Dec. 12, 2014.

-Titleist 909 D2 Diamana stiff, 10.5 degree

-I love my Titleist 909 D2 and just haven't found another driver to replace it. Titleist makes some of, if not the best golf equipment on the market and is very reliable. I want to test the new 915 driver to see how the new advancements since the 909 has changed and how it can improve my game off the tee.

-Current handicap 9.7

-Righty

-I have never been professionally fit for a driver.

- If I am chosen I will be more than obliged and happy to participate in an ongoing review thread and provide quality photos and a quality review/feedback of the new Titleist 915 driver.

[color="#282828"]I would be available for the 5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th dates in Houston.[/color][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Taylormade R510 TP, 9*, with a Strong MFS 65 shaft
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I LOVED the sound, feel, look and ball flight, and want something a little more forgiving than my R510 with similar performance.
[*]Your Current Handicap? 2
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Lefty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely!
[/list]
Thank you very much for this opportunity!

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

[color=#282828]EAST REGION, JACKSONVILLE, DECEMBER 6, 2014[/color][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Graphite Design MT6 Stiff
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I want to have a driver that is better than my current one.
[*]Your Current Handicap? 6.1
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes I have a few times.
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? I absolutely agree.
[/list]

Shawn Elmore
Player Development/Recruiter
Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy

[color="#282828"]EAST - Jacksonville - Dec 11 or 12[/color][list]
[*]Ping G30 9* with a Diamana W 70X
[*]All I have ever heard about this driver is good, and I am not a titleist lover which would provide an unbiased review. And I am always looking for the next greatest thing to improve my game!
[*]1-3
[*]Righty
[*]Yes I have
[*]Yes I do!
[/list]

EAST Region- Jacksonville, Florida- Saturday, December 6th, 2014

Current Driver- PING G5 with Graffaloy Blue Stiff Flex Shaft

Why do I want to test the new driver?- I am a fan of Titleist and haven't played with a new driver since 2006 (ping g5). I want to see what the newest in technology can offer over my old G5.

Current Handicap- 4.1

-I play right handed

Have I ever been professionally fit?- No I have not.

If chosen, do I agree to participate in an ongoing review?- I look forward to the thought of an ongoing review of this club! I enjoy helping people make informed decisions on what they should buy with their hard earned money!

East Region Jacksonville, Florida on December 12

What is your current driver / shaft combination?
- 12* SLDR w/ Matrix 7M3 X-flex

Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
- Have heard nothing but good things about the 915 so far and want to try it out for myself since I regret selling my 913.

Your Current Handicap? +1

Are you righty or lefty? Righty

Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver
- Was fit for my SLDR on a trackman

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
- Yes I fully agree to participate and am more than willing to write a full review with quality photos and give plenty of feedback as well as answer questions.

I[size=4]'m applying for the [color=#282828]WEST Region for [/color]Valencia, CA (Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014)[/size]

What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]Titleist 910 D3 with a UST V2 shaft [flex:s, wt:76g, torque:2.2degrees, butt stiffness: 267, mid stiffness: 7.0, tip stiffness: 28, tip parallel:4.0", tip OD .335"][/b]
[b] [size=4]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b] I [/b][b]love the emerging technology and brand. I've had Titleist clubs in my bag for more than a decade now. I'm a few years older and need to get re-fit to optimize my game.[/b][/size][/b]
[size=4]Your Current Handicap? [b]8.0[/b][/size]
[size=4]Are you righty or lefty? [b]Right[/b][/size]
[size=4]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]Yes (Titleist fitting booth at Roger Dunn in Santa Ana CA)[/b][/size]
[size=4]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]Of course! You want honest feedback, I'll be happy to supply it to you.[/b][/size]

[b]--edited to add more specific shaft specs[/b]

In for this for sure! Would love to do the December 12 session in Houston, TX!
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]Taylormade SLDR 10.5, Oban Devotion 7 05 (X flex) tipped 1.5"[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]I have always been a fan of Titleist Drivers but after the spin issues I experienced with both the 910 and 913 I have been on a search for something to replace the feel of the Titleist Driver line with the low spin characteristics I need.[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]8[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]Righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b] Yes, a few years back.[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b] Absolutely, I would do that if I purchased the club. [/b]
[/list]

Kyle

Taylor Made M6, 9*, Project X Hzrdus Black 6.5, 75g
Taylor Made RBZ Tour Spoon - Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
Taylor Made SLDR 19* Hybrid KBS C-Taper 130-X
Mizuno MP-53 4-9 DG X-100
Vokey 46,50,54,58 DG S-400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S
TaylorMade TP5X

[list]
[*]EAST - Jacksonville, Fla. - Sat. Dec. 6, 2014
[/list]
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Taylormade R11, Kai'li 70S
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? I have been wanting a Titleist driver since the 910s came out but didn't have the money to spend on a new driver!
[*]Your Current Handicap? 8
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely
[/list]

Bandon Dunes 2016
Scottsdale 2017
Pinehurst 2018
Masters 2019

Bandon Dunes 2022

[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]Titleist 913 d3 8.5 degree, aldila tour green xstiff shaft[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]I am a PGM student and like expanding my club knowledge.[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap?[b] 1[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]No [/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]Yes, love spreading golf awareness as a PGM student and golf ambassador.[/b]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][b]I would love any of the Jacksonville appointments![/b]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

[color=#282828]East[/color]
[color=#282828]Jacksonville[/color]
[color=#282828]Sat. Dec. 6, 2014[/color][list]
[*]Current Driver: 910D2. 10.5, Matrix Ozik HD 6
[*]Why? I've never been fit before, and still playing an "older" driver I would love to test the new technology especially since i hit the ball low on the face a lot.
[*]10 Handi
[*]Righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Nope
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely!
[/list]
[color=#282828]Thanks for the opportunity![/color]

East Region, Jacksonville
Friday December 12
[list]
[*]Current Driver: Titleist 913 D3 9.5* Tour AD-BB 7x
[*]Why? I have had every series of Titleist drivers since the 905R. I like the way they look and feel, so obviously I have to try the new one.
[*]+1 Handicap
[*]Right Handed
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes, of course I do.
[/list]

[color=#282828]MidWest Region[/color][list]
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
[*]Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)
[/list][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? - Fast 12 LS 10.5 Diamana S+ Stiff 44.5 tipped .5
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? - YES!
[*]Your Current Handicap? - 15
[*]Are you righty or lefty? - Righty
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? - No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? - Yes
[/list]

Midwest. Houston. Saturday 12/6 (pretty much any of the dates work for me as I live in Houston)

-Currently playing SLDR with stock R shaft
-Used to have a 910 and loved it. The 915 is definitely on my short list of drivers to look at this year
-Righty
-Never been professionally
-I would LOVE to be involved in an on-going review thread!

[color="#282828"]East Region Jacksonville, Florida on Friday December 12, 2014.[/color]
[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination?
[/list]
Titleist 910D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 72X[list]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver?
[/list]
Would like to learn about the ARC technology and see if I can improve distance/accuracy over my current driver[list]
[*]Your Current Handicap?
[/list]
3[list]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[/list]
Righty[list]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver?
[/list]
No[list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?
[/list]
Yes absolutely

I live in Austin, and can make it to any time/ date posted below..
I would prefer Fri Dec 5th or Sat Dec 6th.

MidWest Region
Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 4, 2014)
Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 5, 2014)
Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 6, 2014)
Houston, TX (Thurs. Dec. 11, 2014)
Houston, TX (Fri. Dec. 12, 2014)
Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)
Current Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS, Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 6.3 Tip 1/2 inch.
Why? I'm going to get a new driver and would love to try out the new Titleist 915 D3.
4.1 Handicap
Right
Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? No
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Yes

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

[color=#282828]In a post below, enter the REGION, LOCATION and DATE you wish to participate in a fitting for a new Titleist 915 driver. By participating in this giveaway, you agree to write about your fitting experience and review your driver in a testing thread. [/color][color=#282828]In addition,[/color][color=#282828] answer the following question [/color]

[b]East, JAX and either Dec 4 or 5 would be fantastic but any date would work :) I have plenty of wiggle room for time off.[/b][list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]Nike Covert 2.0 with Chrome 60S [/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver: [b]Because I used to have a 910 but sold it when wanting to try new drivers. I really miss the feel of the feel of the 910, but haven't bought another one due to not wanting to back track or being unable to get properly fit. plus my covert and I are getting along well, but always willing to see if there is anything out there that will beat it.[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]16[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b]no I just tinker alot. Not a lot of fitters around here that are able to do outside fitting without spending a whole lot of money which I haven't had[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club?[b] of course I do. This site has given me so much information on new products and tour related events that I would feel honored/obligated to do the same[/b]
[/list]
[color="#282828"]Thank you very much for this chance and good luck to everyone. [/color]

Forever Changing at this point.......

[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? Callaway Razr Fit TA with Graphite Design AD DI xstiff
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? Have testing it out on the course with the stock blueboard and was very impressed. I would love to see what getting fit properly into this driver could do for my game.
[*]Your Current Handicap? 6.4
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? Yes
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? Absolutely
[*]Date/location: Dec 6th/Jacksonville, FL (East region)
[/list]

Callaway Epic Flash 9 degree with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
Callaway Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with AD-TP 7S
Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-DI 85S
Callaway X-Forged with Nippon Modus 105X 
Edel 51, 56, 60 wedges with KBS 610 stiff shafts
Scotty Cameron NP2
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Great opportunity here! I would be able to travel down to Jacksonville, Florida (East Region) for Devember 6th.
I have been a Titleist enthusiast all my life since I was 8 years old, being 25 now nothing has changed...I love all of there products. This would be a dream come true.

Current driver: Taylormade SLDR 9.5 with GD Tour AD-DI 7x (right hand)
Why do I want to try Titleist 915 driver: I've always played titleist through my junior, college, and amateur days but recently just tried the SLDR but the look of the new 915 is amazing, clean, and classic looking as usual and can't wait to hit them.
Handicap: +2
Right hand
Have I been professionally fitted? I've been fitted by a titleist rep but to go to the actual Titleist facility and try all of the shaft combinations and have a track man session would be so awesome.
Write/take pictures of my visit: I would absolutely enjoy writing a review and taking pictures of every minute of being at the facility and treasure every moment of the opportunity being there and make my review as if people were there with me! Dream come true opportunity!

Thanks GolfWRX

East
Jacksonville
[color=#282828]Fri. Dec. 5, 2014[/color][list]
[*]Current Driver: Callaway optiforce 440 set to 11.5 diamana ahina 70 x
[*]I'm excited to see the improvements from the 913 series which i played for a long time with a tour ad di!
[*]6 handicap
[*]Right handed
[*]Yes I have been fit before
[/list]

I can make it to any of the dates listed in Houston, TX if I had to pick one- Houston, TX (Sat. Dec. 13, 2014)[list]
[*]What is your current driver / shaft combination? [b]Taylormade R11S 9* lowest setting, Matrix Ozik 7M3 black tie (X flex) 44 1/4" playing length[/b]
[*]Why do you want to try and test the Titleist 915 Driver? [b]The 915 is more foregiveing, lower spinning, and longer than my R11S. Would love to get fit for the right shaft. 915 looks sexy at address[/b]
[*]Your Current Handicap? [b]single digit[/b]
[*]Have you ever been professionally fit for a driver? [b] Yes[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the club? [b]Yes[/b]
[/list]