srixon 745's WOW!!!!!!

fujiman.757

Has anyone hit the 65s and liked the 45s better? As someone that hits it a bit more heelside of center, it just doesn't seem like I'd get the slight benefit of the 65s.

Nice to see a +1 playing the L4VX.........I had mine out the other day, and as always, not sure why I play anything else.

I sold my original one to ROBOPTI back in the day. Struggled with driver this year and waited forever but finally picked one up from the Bay. I have a TI M2 being built but never again will I sell my L4VX. Just too easy to hit.

Cobra LTDX 9* Ventus Blue 6X
Cobra LTDX LS 16.5* Ventus Black 8X
Cobra Tour 4-PW PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX6 50*/54*/58* PX 6.5
Ping PLD Anser D

Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

Has anyone hit the 65s and liked the 45s better? As someone that hits it a bit more heelside of center, it just doesn't seem like I'd get the slight benefit of the 65s.

Nice to see a +1 playing the L4VX.........I had mine out the other day, and as always, not sure why I play anything else.

I sold my original one to ROBOPTI back in the day. Struggled with driver this year and waited forever but finally picked one up from the Bay. I have a TI M2 being built but never again will I sell my L4VX. Just too easy to hit.

Last time I was down at Roboptis place we took your l4v out to the course haha not kidding :D

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Last time I was down at Roboptis place we took your l4v out to the course haha not kidding :D

LOL, that's awesome!

Cobra LTDX 9* Ventus Blue 6X
Cobra LTDX LS 16.5* Ventus Black 8X
Cobra Tour 4-PW PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX6 50*/54*/58* PX 6.5
Ping PLD Anser D

Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

LOL, that's awesome!

Yeah it's still an amazing stick. He has a tour issues one as well that was a special gift from Cobra. They were ahead of their time.

Edel PROTO

• 1 month later...

I have to admit I thought this string was a bit overrated with all the love for the 745's last year. I did think they were gorgeous irons but the thread was constantly going on and on about these clubs to the point of insanity. Now that I'm a proud owner of Srixon (only a week)....I get it now. Great looking sticks, feeling sticks, and performing sticks....consider me a believer. Still not going back and rereading the 65 pages I'm behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping someone would be able to answer this questions for me. I have a set of 545's with steelfiber shafts. I love them, but in the winter and in the wind they launch a bit high for my liking. Also, in the dead of summer, they are a bit too low spinning to hold greens. I found a set of 745's online for a ridiculous price with DG s300's in them. I am looking for a shaft that i could pair with them to lower the ball flight and increase the spin on them. Any body have any suggestions?

Edit: For example, my 7 iron in the 545's spin around 5400 on average. I would like to get that up to around 6000

just pull the fibers from the 545s and throw them in the 745s (assuming you like them). The 545s are fairly high launching heads (which play more of a role than shafts)

the 7's are higher spin than the 5's and the 9s higher than the 7 series

im a HUGE fan of this shaft and had great luck in the 7/945s and 7/965s (albeit ssxq1)

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

just pull the fibers from the 545s and throw them in the 745s (assuming you like them). The 545s are fairly high launching heads (which play more of a role than shafts)

im a HUGE fan of this shaft and had great luck in the 7/945s and 7/965s (albeit ssxq1)

I kind of like that idea. Do you think going with the i125's would lower the ball flight a bit more than the 110's?

so the 125s play a bit different than the 110s in that they 'feel' firmer. They should take some of the flight down.

Damn it wheres stuart or nessism... they are the gurus on this.

I use 125s in my wedges as the 110s in them, were just a disaster.

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

Still have mine in the bag too... sold my back up set of J38 DPC today as I do not see anything beating the 745s out.

On a side note, those RTX-3 look insanely badass..... have to add those to the list....

Go for the RTX-3's, they are that good. I just got the standard V-MG grind and stock Dynamic Gold wedge shaft. Hard pan fairway shots are so much better with this new sole tech they've got going. I can finally hit down on a full wedge shot and not worry about digging up earth, shank, or skull. Just swing straight through no problem. Around the greens are just as good. Best all around wedge I have ever played, it's put some confidence back in my short game for sure!

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

I bought a set of 765's to upgrade from the 745's but honestly, I like the feel and look of the 745's better. The 765's seem to be more rounded and I prefer the finish of the 745's. Keep your 745's if you can!!!

Driver: TaylorMade QI10 9 degree Tour AD VF 6TX
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Cobra Armlock
Ball: 2024 Bridgestone BX / 2024 Chrome Tour X

how much higher launching are the 565 over the 765. i have tmb and trying to compare

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

Still have mine in the bag too... sold my back up set of J38 DPC today as I do not see anything beating the 745s out.

On a side note, those RTX-3 look insanely badass..... have to add those to the list....

Go for the RTX-3's, they are that good. I just got the standard V-MG grind and stock Dynamic Gold wedge shaft. Hard pan fairway shots are so much better with this new sole tech they've got going. I can finally hit down on a full wedge shot and not worry about digging up earth, shank, or skull. Just swing straight through no problem. Around the greens are just as good. Best all around wedge I have ever played, it's put some confidence back in my short game for sure!

I bought a backup set of J40 wedges, I actually like them a lot but the 56 has too much bounce and I would like to grab something like a 56 or 58 with lower bounce to try out. Ground is firm for the most part where I am, what would you recommend? For the most part, I am a picker....

Also, on a side note.... wife bought me a set of 716 AP2 with the LZ 5.5... should be here in a week or two, but so far nothing has been able to dethrone the 745s but it will be a fun test! Just love my 745s so much.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I bought a set of 765's to upgrade from the 745's but honestly, I like the feel and look of the 745's better. The 765's seem to be more rounded and I prefer the finish of the 745's. Keep your 745's if you can!!!

Agree with you on this. I'm not a big fan of the rounded toe look and much prefer the squarer, boxy appearance of the 45's which I still have in the bag.

That said, I am tempted to try the 565's for a little more forgiveness. Decisions, decisions...

I think Srixon made a big mistake with the 65's. They now look like the Bstone's with the pregnant toe section. I have ZERO desire now to switch in fact if Srixon sticks with the new look I'll be off the Srixon bandwagon when it comes time to get new irons. They really messed up a good thing. :(

Edel PROTO

how much higher launching are the 565 over the 765. i have tmb and trying to compare

I tried the Z565 and Z765 with multiple shafts. I got similar numbers with the Modus 105 and 120's.

The Z565 launched about a degree lower and spun about 500 rpms less. The difference was about 5-7 yds more carry with the Z565.

I think Srixon made a big mistake with the 65's. They now look like the Bstone's with the pregnant toe section. I have ZERO desire now to switch in fact if Srixon sticks with the new look I'll be off the Srixon bandwagon when it comes time to get new irons. They really messed up a good thing. :(

Couldn't agree more. Idk why I didn't notice it when I got fit but I played for the first time with my new 765s the other day and was just tuned off by it. It's probably all personal preference but I just like straighter lines and these are certainly rounded. They should have stuck with the shape of the 745s but just added the new sole and placement of the weighting.

Couldn't agree more. Idk why I didn't notice it when I got fit but I played for the first time with my new 765s the other day and was just tuned off by it. It's probably all personal preference but I just like straighter lines and these are certainly rounded. They should have stuck with the shape of the 745s but just added the new sole and placement of the weighting.

This. Let's be clear, the 65 series is still outstanding but not so sure they're an aesthetic upgrade.

This. Let's be clear, the 65 series is still outstanding but not so sure they're an aesthetic upgrade.

THe 965's are outstanding but the 5 & 7 series is just ok now. Shame, real shame.

Edel PROTO

THe 965's are outstanding but the 5 & 7 series is just ok now. Shame, real shame.

Yeah I think I just went into my fitting expecting to be upgraded into the 65's bc I'd be properly fit instead of playing my OTR 745s but I honestly just wish I had bought the shafts I was fit for to reshaft the 745s instead of ordering new clubs. Oh well you live and learn I guess.

performance is still outstanding, regardless of opinion of how they look. i personally love the way they look

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

performance is still outstanding, regardless of opinion of how they look. i personally love the way they look

I'm a lefty so my only option is 5/765 and I think the whole line looks fine....didn't care for the feel of the 565 though and that was with different shafts....if I get a set , it will be a U65/Z765 combo

Of course when I write all this "I miss my 745" comments I go out and have the best ball striking day of my life. Hit a 5 iron to 3, 4, 6, and 12 feet and hit a 6 iron from 190 to a frickin foot. I still do prefer the looks of the 745 but man do these 765 perform!

Of course when I write all this "I miss my 745" comments I go out and have the best ball striking day of my life. Hit a 5 iron to 3, 4, 6, and 12 feet and hit a 6 iron from 190 to a frickin foot. I still do prefer the looks of the 745 but man do these 765 perform!

Did you make all of them is the serious question?

Oh! You had to go there didn't you?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Oh! You had to go there didn't you?

We play like it's the gear.....but U N I know it's all about the score! ;-)

Hahaha..... no. My putting is horrendous right now. Made 3 of 5. Missed the 6 footer and the 12 footer. Could have been a special last round of the year that's for darn sure!!!

Picked up a set of the 765's a week ago. Then found the 745's on christmas special for 198 dollars. I think I may just try to sell off the 765's at cost and keep the 745s. That deal was just too good to pass up.

Has anybody had any success with bending them a bit stronger to match the lofts of the 545's? I would like to be able to blend them and/or not have to get new wedges to fit the gaps.