srixon 745's WOW!!!!!!

fujiman.757

Can anyone compare the 765/745s to the MP57s or MP53s?

I used to play the 53s and while they were my favorite Mizzy I tried, they still didn't have the feel or distance of the 745s. I get the 745s may be lofted stronger so that plays in but I can directly compare since I had the 5.5 flighted shafts in both... The 53 head was a little bigger and I noticed more offset with them, too. Not a bad thing but I prefer the look of the sharper toe and hidden offset of the 745s. The 745s are also, for me, much better through the turf.... toe hits seem to be much more forgiving with the 745s as well. I found the long irons in both sets to be pretty easy to hit, which is always a positive. The 53s are great irons but nothing has impressed me like my 745s yet and with the prices coming down on them, they are just an incredible value.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Picked up a set of the 765's a week ago. Then found the 745's on christmas special for 198 dollars. I think I may just try to sell off the 765's at cost and keep the 745s. That deal was just too good to pass up.

Has anybody had any success with bending them a bit stronger to match the lofts of the 545's? I would like to be able to blend them and/or not have to get new wedges to fit the gaps.

What shaft do you have in the 765's? I might be willing to take them off of your hands. :)

I used to play the 53s and while they were my favorite Mizzy I tried, they still didn't have the feel or distance of the 745s. I get the 745s may be lofted stronger so that plays in but I can directly compare since I had the 5.5 flighted shafts in both... The 53 head was a little bigger and I noticed more offset with them, too. Not a bad thing but I prefer the look of the sharper toe and hidden offset of the 745s. The 745s are also, for me, much better through the turf.... toe hits seem to be much more forgiving with the 745s as well. I found the long irons in both sets to be pretty easy to hit, which is always a positive. The 53s are great irons but nothing has impressed me like my 745s yet and with the prices coming down on them, they are just an incredible value.

One thing I noticed with my MP53s was they launched too high (DG S400). So I went back to my MP57s. Can you compare the flight of the MP53s and z745s?

Picked up a set of the 765's a week ago. Then found the 745's on christmas special for 198 dollars. I think I may just try to sell off the 765's at cost and keep the 745s. That deal was just too good to pass up.

Has anybody had any success with bending them a bit stronger to match the lofts of the 545's? I would like to be able to blend them and/or not have to get new wedges to fit the gaps.

What shaft do you have in the 765's? I might be willing to take them off of your hands. :)

Modus tour 120 stiff

One thing I noticed with my MP53s was they launched too high (DG S400). So I went back to my MP57s. Can you compare the flight of the MP53s and z745s?

I would say the 53s did launch a little higher throughout the set but I figure that's just because the 745s have a little stronger lofts. I tried the 53s briefly with the S300 that came in them and they were higher for me, I have always hit those shafts higher for some reason, maybe just more spin?? With my flighted PX, I feel like I get a nice piercing mid trajectory that will still hold the greens when needed. They are just the right fit for me. Also tried the CTL 110 in the 745s. Lower flight, but dispersion was not as good as the PX for me, and they felt kind of dead. I know lots of people love the Mizzy feel, but no Mizuno I have tried feels like these 745s, its the biggest reason I stick with the Srixons.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Modus tour 120 stiff

Sweet. I'll send you a PM. Thanks.

spot on.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

The 745s are also, for me, much better through the turf....

spot on.

This part was actually an issue for me with the MP53s too. They seemed to dig on me a little bit. The soles look similar in the z745s..?

It's been a while but from what I remember, not at all the same. I think the soles on the 53s are closer to that of an AP2, but the 745 V sole reminds me of an exaggerated J40 CB sole where the leading edge has some really nice relief. I have not hit an iron yet that has been this friendly through the turf. You can get a little fat and get away with it, but really chunky shots are still, exactly that.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

• 1 month later...

Im still on the fence on selling the 745's.

The head shape is perfect to my eye but the Titleist bug bit me hard and I now have 3 sets of irons. One needs to go...

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

• 1 month later...

Heated battle between my 745s and my 716 AP2 LZ combo.... took the 745s out today and had 16 pars with a triple on 7 and a 3 putt bogey on 17 but the 745 approach shots today were insane. It's been a while since I have had a good ball striking day with them but I remembered today why I love them so much. I was considering selling them, but I think they'll get another shot at being the starters. It's amazing how forgiving these are...

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Ok, enough...I'm going to find a set now.

Srixon Z565 10* 1* open Fubuki J S
Titleist 904F 13* Graffaloy Comp NT Blue Hybrid R tipped
PXG 317X 19* Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S
Srixon H45 Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S or 545 4i Steelfiber i95 S (depending on course)
Srixon 745 5-PW Steelfiber i95 S
SM6 Vokey 50* F grind, 56* S grind, 60* M grind--all with KBS 610's
Betti BB53C counterbalanced

• 2 weeks later...

I'm super excited to get mine in, should be here Friday! Got them in modus 125

Driver-TM Sim 9 GD- Tour ADDI 6x

Fairway- Nike VR Pro 15- Fubuki Alpha 70x

Irons- Mizuno MP20 6-PW MMC-4,5- PJX LZ 6.5

Wedges- RTX4  50,56,60- DG s400 

Putter- Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 w/Hula Girl 2006 cover

Just got mine this week, with steelfiber i95; my 825 pros and recently acquired pxg 0311 have i110s. Shootout happening over the next 2 weeks to see what stays in the bag.

Srixon H45 Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S or 545 4i Steelfiber i95 S (depending on course)

• 2 weeks later...

The feel of the 745 iron far surpassed my wilds dreams. By far the the softest feeling iron I've hit. I used to play 710 MBs and I love the more penetrating flight and enhanced trajectory control due to the sole grind on the 745.

I don't believe Wobgon knows what feel is if he is placing the cmb, apex, ap2 and s55 above these. I have hit them all and I can honestly say they pale in comparison to the feel of the 745.

Perhaps you could set something up so the members of wrx could come down to Florida and have you conduct a clinic showing us all how to tell what feel is.

Ok. I'm probably a couple of years behind the curve with this post but here goes.

A bit about me, 7hcp, very fast tempo (which I have tried and failed to slow), play at the home of golf mostly on the New and Jubilee courses as the Old is clogged up with bloody foreigners (only joking, love you really just not the week of the Ryder Cup) during the summer and you have to play off those damned mats in the winter (which in Scotland is from October to April). The rest of the time it's Spring or Autumn. Summer is usually the second week of July and the third week in May.

Swing speed with 6 iron is about 87 mph and 105-109 with driver.

I went to get fitted for z765/z965 combo set but the fitter had a set (4-P) of z745s and I bought them not because I'm Scottish and he did me a great deal but because I actually prefer the look of the z45 series more. Honest.

They have the Modus 130 in Stiff with standard lie and length.

So far I've only hit them on a grass range and off mats. I'm coming from ping s56 which are 0.75 upright. I have had quite a few lessons recently and that probably explains why I was fitted for standard lie in the 745s.

Performance: 6 iron about a club longer than my s56 6 iron with a tighter dispersion.

Feel: soft loveliness on a pure hit but with great feedback on slight (and massive....ouch!) mishits. Not the sublime feeling of my old mp33s, but close. Very similar to the mp5s I demoed. Quite a bit more buttery than the s56s. But please don't start shouting at me for comparing a cast vs a forged head etc.

Looks: Stunning. Would love a combo set of these with z945 (which I think are sweet mother of god gorgeous) in the shorter irons but since they don't make them any more....

Forgiveness: More forgiving than anything I've played. But since I've only ever played and owned the following is not surprising: tp9, mp14, mp30, mp33, 690mb and s56.

Turf interaction: Now, I don't really claim to know what that means but I will say this; I find it very hard to hit fat shots with these clubs (thin ones? Sure, plenty of them but that's not really turf interacting now, is it) and the ball comes out of bad lies better than any club I've hit. So I think th 'v' sole thing is a real winner.

Flight: oh my god I've never seen anything like it. I was hitting the six iron into a three club wind and these things absolutely refused to balloon on me. Rainbow flight every time about 130 yds. Does anyone know why? Could this be the shaft? Only played dg300s before.

Please be aware that I'm still in the honeymoon period with these so I'll post again in a few months after I've played 20 rounds and I've learned to hate them.

Cheers.

I will have to say it seems Srixon owners have a better sense of humor. I have owned lots of irons and participate in threads that are related to the irons I am playing at that time. I can't think of any other thread that everyone is helpful and playful without someone getting his/her feelings hurt. Well done all.

You've hurt my feelings with that comment. I am NOT playful.

Just got mine this week, with steelfiber i95; my 825 pros and recently acquired pxg 0311 have i110s. Shootout happening over the next 2 weeks to see what stays in the bag.

My setup. Love the heads and the shafts.....

Agreed...utterly amazed at these heads and the shafts are a perfect fit for my swing/flight desires. So far the PXG's have been better in terms of forgiveness, but I can see as my striking keeps improving, that the 745's become by gamers. Need a few rounds in the bag first.

ive made this observation in other topics but it seems none of the srixon staff have replaced their 745s with the 765s??

Maybe more to do with the head shape? I love the 545 square look, low offset, but the 565 looks really round with a bit more offset to my eye. The top and bottom of the toe is really rounded off.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

I love my z745s! I've had 2 rounds and 2 practice sessions. I won 3 greenies and 2 skins from accurate iron play the last time I played. Something about these irons is special, I was a blade player but the forgiveness and feel of these irons are unrivaled.

Driver-TM Sim 9 GD- Tour ADDI 6x

Fairway- Nike VR Pro 15- Fubuki Alpha 70x

Irons- Mizuno MP20 6-PW MMC-4,5- PJX LZ 6.5

Wedges- RTX4  50,56,60- DG s400 

Putter- Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 w/Hula Girl 2006 cover

ive made this observation in other topics but it seems none of the srixon staff have replaced their 745s with the 765s??

Maybe more to do with the head shape? I love the 545 square look, low offset, but the 565 looks really round with a bit more offset to my eye. The top and bottom of the toe is really rounded off.

I agree. I'm really not a fan of the new rounded off head shape and much prefer the squarer look of the 745's, which is why I will be sticking with them for the foreseeable future.

• 3 weeks later...

Found a set with my favorite shafts in them and couldn't resist. Can't wait to hit them, they look sooooo good.

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Ventus Blue 6 or Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Tour Edge Exotics E723 15* Ventus Blue 6

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

I will have to say it seems Srixon owners have a better sense of humor. I have owned lots of irons and participate in threads that are related to the irons I am playing at that time. I can't think of any other thread that everyone is helpful and playful without someone getting his/her feelings hurt. Well done all.

ya need more haggis in ur diet.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

ya need more haggis in ur diet.