2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

So despite it being 60* i couldn't play thanks to several inches of rain. I ended up heading to the shop to mess around and brought my Agera's with each OEM adapter. Again all are about the same CPM and same weight so it's apples to apples.

Winner today was clear -Rogue SZ - Nothing could hang with the 15* launch and 2000 spin i was getting. D/S setting. Again indoors is great but real test comes outside. Nothing takes the place of my G400LST until it beats it on a course. Was average around 114mph today which is good considering my elbow (tennis/elbow). Normally i can get 118-122 but no chance right now. Too much inflammation and pain :( Anyway it's still fun to try them out but i will have to give it a break at some point or my elbow might fall off. :D

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Sorry to hear about the elbow bothering you.

I'm down with something at the moment as well, but that just means it's time to clean house and build up stuff to test when I'm back :).

I've got a Rogue SZ head on the way. Will be keeping an eye on your testing as you hopefully start getting them out to the course for the real important testing!

Sorry for the injury issues. I've got a rogue SZ with Kuro Kage XT70-TX tour version on the way. It's replacing my G400 LST. Like you nothing could touch it. I had the weight in the back and was consistently getting 14.5 launch and 2200 spin.

My swing speed is around yours with your elbow issues of 113-115.

M3 is good but I still feel TM kind of missed the mark and will lose more ground to Callaway. The only thing keeping them afloat is there outstanding tour staff.

Sorry to hear about the elbow bothering you.

I'm down with something at the moment as well, but that just means it's time to clean house and build up stuff to test when I'm back :).

I've got a Rogue SZ head on the way. Will be keeping an eye on your testing as you hopefully start getting them out to the course for the real important testing!

Rogue SZ is a great head and I look forward to getting it on course for sure.

Sorry for the injury issues. I've got a rogue SZ with Kuro Kage XT70-TX tour version on the way. It's replacing my G400 LST. Like you nothing could touch it. I had the weight in the back and was consistently getting 14.5 launch and 2200 spin.

My swing speed is around yours with your elbow issues of 113-115.

M3 is good but I still feel TM kind of missed the mark and will lose more ground to Callaway. The only thing keeping them afloat is there outstanding tour staff.

Thanks, yeah the elbow situation sucks for sure but it's my own fault for not giving it time to heal. Too hard to pass up playing when it's nice outside :D I like the idea behind twist face but the problem is it's not really going to be that noticeable where most people test which is indoors. Ballspeed shows up and is very noticeable as is distance.it produces. Rogue SZ on the LM couldn't be matched. But again on course is where it matters not on the video screen. I don't care if it's trackman, gc2, flightscope, whatever.

Edel PROTO

Can't wait for warmer weather and on course thoughts. Shall we start a "J13" YouTube channel since other reviewers are becoming morons? I can be the camera man. :superman:

haha nobody wants to watch me hit clubs

Stop d*cking around and test out the 440 down low:)

I actually did test it but it was too low in spin for me plus i really like the shape of the 460 M3. Of course i'm tempted to build a 440 at 44" :D

Edel PROTO

Can't wait for warmer weather and on course thoughts. Shall we start a "J13" YouTube channel since other reviewers are becoming morons? I can be the camera man. :superman:

I actually did test it but it was too low in spin for me plus i really like the shape of the 460 M3. Of course i'm tempted to build a 440 at 44" :D

At this point just carry 6 drivers. :crazy2:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

At this point just carry 6 drivers. :crazy2:

haha I heard Paco does that :cheesy:

Edel PROTO

The m3/4 look quite white in the photo. I haven’t seen one in person, but didn’t like the grey, compared to the m2. These look much better, or is it a trick of the camera?

Taylormade M2 2017
Mizuno MX700 3W
Titleist 909h 19*
Srixon U65 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

So despite it being 60* i couldn't play thanks to several inches of rain. I ended up heading to the shop to mess around and brought my Agera's with each OEM adapter. Again all are about the same CPM and same weight so it's apples to apples.

Winner today was clear -Rogue SZ - Nothing could hang with the 15* launch and 2000 spin i was getting. D/S setting. Again indoors is great but real test comes outside. Nothing takes the place of my G400LST until it beats it on a course. Was average around 114mph today which is good considering my elbow (tennis/elbow). Normally i can get 118-122 but no chance right now. Too much inflammation and pain :( Anyway it's still fun to try them out but i will have to give it a break at some point or my elbow might fall off. :D

Thanks for the comparison pics. Honestly before looking at the pics I thought G400 would of been my least my favorite but surprising from the pics to me I think it looks the best (never thought I'd say over the other 3 heads.)

That sucks it seems a lot of guys are having small annoying issues (I'm having a left wrist issue and it sucks). Hope the elbow heals quick. Looking forward to hearing out the outdoor testing goes. Are M3/4 shafts much different then what's in the G400 and Rogue?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Thanks for the comparison pics. Honestly before looking at the pics I thought G400 would of been my least my favorite but surprising from the pics to me I think it looks the best (never thought I'd say over the other 3 heads.)

That sucks it seems a lot of guys are having small annoying issues (I'm having a left wrist issue and it sucks). Hope the elbow heals quick. Looking forward to hearing out the outdoor testing goes. Are M3/4 shafts much different then what's in the G400 and Rogue?

Getting old sucks :D

All the shafts are Agera's at 265-267CPM around 75g's. Same exact shaft just different color/finish. G400LST is a great looking head IMO.

Edel PROTO

The worst I got it was when I hit a bunch of balls off mats. I also had to go away from PX shafts when I first started playing a ton of rounds a year. Spending too much time here on your phone doesn't help!

When you say hitting off mats was it your wrist or elbow that got hurt/sore?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

The worst I got it was when I hit a bunch of balls off mats. I also had to go away from PX shafts when I first started playing a ton of rounds a year. Spending too much time here on your phone doesn't help!

Yeah the right mats can make a world of difference. At my club i plan on doing a majority of my practicing now on grass but there's a facility right down the street from me that has the pro tee system which is great. The ball sits on longer grass that provides a lot of cushion and doesn't give that constant pounding on the joints.

Pure is trying to convince me to come to the dark side of graphite iron shafts but we shall see :D

Edel PROTO

When you say hitting off mats was it your wrist or elbow that got hurt/sore?

Elbow. Just that extra force or vibration at impact. I don’t practice during the season now unless it’s on grass, if range is mats only I’ll just skip it and go play.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Yeah the right mats can make a world of difference. At my club i plan on doing a majority of my practicing now on grass but there's a facility right down the street from me that has the pro tee system which is great. The ball sits on longer grass that provides a lot of cushion and doesn't give that constant pounding on the joints.

Pure is trying to convince me to come to the dark side of graphite iron shafts but we shall see :D

Yea something like that would help. Not many options here in MI, you either hit off mats or don’t hit balls. Luckily the simulators that are popping up like crazy now are using higher quality than your typical driving range, I’ve been playing inside twice a week with no problems.

Haven’t hit what he’s playing, the recoil protos are nice. I did those the spring coming off the hurt elbow and was able to play 4+ times a week with no pain. They do help on the physical side so if you find a set that performs its worth at least keeping a backup set for days your worried might hurt.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Yea something like that would help. Not many options here in MI, you either hit off mats or don't hit balls. Luckily the simulators that are popping up like crazy now are using higher quality than your typical driving range, I've been playing inside twice a week with no problems.

Haven't hit what he's playing, the recoil protos are nice. I did those the spring coming off the hurt elbow and was able to play 4+ times a week with no pain. They do help on the physical side so if you find a set that performs its worth at least keeping a backup set for days your worried might hurt.

I'm not opposed to it but it's hard to try before you buy and as you said not a ton of options.

Edel PROTO

Better get some graphite....I got mine for my shoulder, I can play or practice now 3 times as long with steel. Just go straight to 125x SF or f5 recoil...

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Better get some graphite....I got mine for my shoulder, I can play or practice now 3 times as long with steel. Just go straight to 125x SF or f5 recoil...

I'm not opposed to it just a matter of trying some out. Going to see how this elbow plays out then decide come spring.

Edel PROTO

• 2 weeks later...

So the elbow is starting to get better from a combination of ice and anti inflammatory's (ibuprofen) at night. I've tried heat and ice, just heat, just ice, and finally found a combination of what works for me. It's not 100% yet but it's about 85% which is MUCH better then it's been.

With that said I played a few times this week and played really well (68, 72) which i'm thrilled with considering i haven't played in a month due to the elbow. Also tested out the M4 16.5* which sets up nice to the ball. I've been looking for a fairway wood that works well off the tee but not as long as my driver due to the course i typically play. I think i've finally conquered the demon that tempts me to get the 13* 3 woods :D

So the M4 is a good stick but not the right one for me. Definitely spun too much and launched WAY too high. I hit some great shots with it off the deck but off the tee I wasn't getting the distance i needed because of the spin. Balloon city. I'm going to try the 15* and also the Rogue SZ 15* which i think is going to be the winner. I've hit it indoors and everything seems to be perfect numbers wise so we shall see.

Edel PROTO

I had both medial and lateral epicondylitis, and unfortunately, I ended up requiring surgery, as all the conservative treatments didn't provide long lasting results. Take the time to get this to heal up before you follow me down the rabbit hole. There are stretches, in addition to ice, rest and NSAIDs that will help. There are also exercises to do, once it feels better. Next line treatment is steroid injection, followed by PRP injection. Surgery is the last alternative, when all of the above fail. I switched from steel iron shafts to graphite, and this has been a big help in allowing my to play golf without it flaring up. There are so many good graphite iron shafts out there, it is worth finding a match. Another thing to think about is that if you plan to play for another 20 years, reducing the stress on your elbow with graphite will lengthen your playing career. Good luck!!

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Did the M4 fw set up a little too upright? To me, it seemed like the regular model sets up pretty upright. Found that I liked the M3 fw much better, probably due it looking less upright and being able to have more options with the adjustments.

On the Rogue SZ fairway, I really like the new model much better than last years Epic SZ fw. Something about last years model looked too shallow. This years model looks much better. Doesn’t look like I may go under ball if I come in too steep. Not sure if the face is actually any deeper on the new model, but just doesn’t look as shallow to me and sets up to the ball perfectly to my eye.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I had both medial and lateral epicondylitis, and unfortunately, I ended up requiring surgery, as all the conservative treatments didn't provide long lasting results. Take the time to get this to heal up before you follow me down the rabbit hole. There are stretches, in addition to ice, rest and NSAIDs that will help. There are also exercises to do, once it feels better. Next line treatment is steroid injection, followed by PRP injection. Surgery is the last alternative, when all of the above fail. I switched from steel iron shafts to graphite, and this has been a big help in allowing my to play golf without it flaring up. There are so many good graphite iron shafts out there, it is worth finding a match. Another thing to think about is that if you plan to play for another 20 years, reducing the stress on your elbow with graphite will lengthen your playing career. Good luck!!

Appreciate the advice and I think I’ve found a way to play and practice while not messing with it too much which has helped. I’m giving it a lot more rest then I was which has helped tremendously. I’m also changing up my gym routine that was also stressing it. Graphite is certainly on the table I just have to find some that work for me.

Did the M4 fw set up a little too upright? To me, it seemed like the regular model sets up pretty upright. Found that I liked the M3 fw much better, probably due it looking less upright and being able to have more options with the adjustments.

On the Rogue SZ fairway, I really like the new model much better than last years Epic SZ fw. Something about last years model looked too shallow. This years model looks much better. Doesn’t look like I may go under ball if I come in too steep. Not sure if the face is actually any deeper on the new model, but just doesn’t look as shallow to me and sets up to the ball perfectly to my eye.

M4 was perfect while M3 is too flat for me. Rogue SZ looks perfect to my eye. Reminds me of the 2016 M2 which is a fairway wood I regret selling.

Edel PROTO

The Rogue SZ fw is deeper than it appears to be at address, and I think it's because there's a decent amount of face area above the top score line.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

The Rogue SZ fw is deeper than it appears to be at address, and I think it's because there's a decent amount of face area above the top score line.

Agree but it's not like the m4 tour head for comparison sake.

Edel PROTO

Appreciate the advice and I think I’ve found a way to play and practice while not messing with it too much which has helped. I’m giving it a lot more rest then I was which has helped tremendously. I’m also changing up my gym routine that was also stressing it. Graphite is certainly on the table I just have to find some that work for me.

M4 was perfect while M3 is too flat for me. Rogue SZ looks perfect to my eye. Reminds me of the 2016 M2 which is a fairway wood I regret selling.

i still have mine (2016 m2) - even though i don't game it. one of those clubs you don't mind hanging on to...

Yeah the m2 2016 fwy wood is legit and has a great shape and size to it. The latest M3 fwy looks awful to me and SUPER flat, the M4 looks better to my eye. Overall though the Rogue SZ is perfection and can't see anything touching it in the looks and performance categories.

On a side note the new Odyssey S release is filthy. Loving the marxman

Edel PROTO

Wow, thats a great looking putter. I have been gaming a White Hot Marxman Blade for about 8 years, nothing can kick it out of the bag.

Will definitely give that one a look

[size=2][color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade RBZ 10.5°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade Burner 3W 15°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Nike Sumo² 3H 21°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist AP1 710 4-P [/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist Vokey 52°/56°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wilson Staff TW7 60°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Odyssey Versa #9[/font][/color][/size]

Wow, thats a great looking putter. I have been gaming a White Hot Marxman Blade for about 8 years, nothing can kick it out of the bag.

Will definitely give that one a look

The alignment is so easy i'm tempted to grab one with the S neck to see if it fares better then the double bend version. Through my putter testing last summer i realized a few things and one of them is double bend putters are no bueno for me which limits your options with mallets.

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM