J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

Looking at some pics from the pga show. This is my first year in a while i won't be down there. Damn!!!! :D

Liking the new odyssey insert on the Exo stuff. And man is Odyssey going all in on the mallet slant necks! Love it i'm so sick of double bend face balanced putters.

I love that they're incorporating the White Hot insert with the Microhinge. I may be in the minority, but I've never been a slant neck guy. It sits funny to my eye.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Looking at some pics from the pga show. This is my first year in a while i won't be down there. Damn!!!! :D

Liking the new odyssey insert on the Exo stuff. And man is Odyssey going all in on the mallet slant necks! Love it i'm so sick of double bend face balanced putters.

I love that they're incorporating the White Hot insert with the Microhinge. I may be in the minority, but I've never been a slant neck guy. It sits funny to my eye.

Same. To me the face balanced feel and mallet shape just go together. Mixing the feel of toe hang with a shape that "should" be face balanced weirds me out every time I try one. Same with long-necked, face balanced blades.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

I understand people are used to it but that's only because OEM's didn't give people other options. Face balance works well for a certain group just like a 30* or 60* toe hang does. Face balanced has been marketed as the best option for a majority of players and that's just wrong and completely made up.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I am loving the mid mallet slant neck putters, have 3 Odyssey's currently. I have definitely made more putts this year.

I am going Toulon this time, never had a milled, getting the Portland H4 Slant through the Garage when available.

Odyssey\Toulon are doing some great stuff.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I don’t think I’ve been this excited about Equipment in a while. I was counting on you to go haha

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

I don’t think I’ve been this excited about Equipment in a while. I was counting on you to go haha

lol sorry to disappoint. I wish i was down there, it's always great to see whats new and also visit family in the area. Most of my family actually lives around Orlando. Last year i hit the show during the day then caught of few of my cousins HS basketball games which was a treat.

Edel PROTO

Testing underway :D

Edel PROTO

I predict:

:busted_cop:

1 - G400 LST

T2 - Rogue SZ

T2 - F8+

4 - G400 Max

5 - M3

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

So i haven't been able to get these on course yet which is the end all be all for testing but i was able to hit them side by side with the exact same shaft (down to the cpm and weight) outdoors on a range with covered bays. Basically it's as good as it gets for winter in the northeast :D

Okay so here's what we got

Shafts

Xphlexxx Agera 76g 267cpm with TM adaptor

Xphlexxx Agera 75g 265cpm with Cally adaptor

In terms of testing it's as good as it gets for an apples to apples comparison for me. Agera is one of my go to shafts and i know what to expect out of it. Now i did have my G400LST w/ KK DC XT but i won't talk a ton about that as i already what to expect and save that for an on course comparison.

Heads

Taylormade M3 (9.5*) with both weights forward

Callaway Rogue SZ (9.0*) with heavy weight in front (14g)

Opened the M3 up a bit to get it to 9* but all things considered they are same loft and same forward weighted setup. Again as apples to apples as i could get.

Again keep in mind this isn't on course so i can't really comment on everything but here's what i saw from my first go around with both heads.

Aesthetics - Rogue SZ is a little longer then Epic SZ which IMO is an improvement, M3 is what the M1 wishes it could have been with it's new color scheme and crown. Overall M3 is the winner for me. It's just a great looking driver and looks very high end.

Sound / Feel - Rogue SZ keeps the great acoustics of the Epic SZ so 2 thumbs up for that, to be honest not sure they can improve as it's perfect. M3 is much improved IMO over the m1 especially with the weight forward. I found the M1 to feel harsh with the weight forward. Winner here is the Rogue SZ

Trajectory - Very different ball flights. Rogue SZ was mid trajectory while the M3 had a much higher ball flight. It was very noticeable and i'm told the m4 launches lower more like the Rogue SZ. Now i'm not saying its good or bad just what i noticed. I go back and forth on what i want from a driver in regards to flight (go figure :D) Winner here is really both, all depends on what the golfer needs and wants. I am anxious to get them on the course to get a gauge on distance.

Spin - I wasn't on trackman but neither had any issue with spin control. Rogue SZ might have been a little lower based on the launch but M3 was not ballooning. What i can say is both were lower spinning but very manageable on mishits. Agera is also a low spin low torque shaft so please keep that in mind.

Dispersion -

Twist face is what i was most curious about and i will say there's a little something to it. Now i'm not saying it's going to save your game and make you hit 90% of your fwy's but it does nudge the ball 5-6yds either way on heel or toe shots. I actually did notice it which was a little strange at first. I also didn't notice my misses to be any worse if I blocked one so that was good to see.

Rogue SZ was noticeably forgiving around face with very little drop in ball speed on slightly off center hits :superman2: You can really tell this thing is a ball speed monster with how fast it fly's off the face and shots were dead on target. Not a lot of curve to the ball which was really nice to see especially since i found the Epic SZ to be more draw bias. So overall dispersion was on point and better then Epic SZ.

Winner for disperion - if i have to go with a winner based on today i'd say M3 but it's really hard to judge if i'm not on a course.

So... overall winner from today was hard to tell. I really liked both for different reasons and look forward to getting on the course to see what they do when i have to hit a fairway or carry a bunker.

Random thoughts: I didn't like the M3 from pics but now that i see it in person i'm a fan. Looks high end and the silver is an improvement over the white. Rogue SZ looks more friendly and keeps the amazing SZ feel and sound. Muted goodness. Only issue / concern i have is how flat the lie angle is with the Rogue SZ. I've hit a few different demo's know and all were like 57-58* lie. I really hope I can find a head that’s 60-61* otherwise it might be a deal breaker. At address the toe is literally resting on the ground for me (granted i'm 6'2). The other slight issue is how light it is. For those who don't have access to weights or hotmelt it could be an issue. Now i actually like the light heads as i can then hotmelt to spec but just throwing it out there.

Comparison to my G400LST - Trajectory closer to M3 while Rogue SZ is lower (which i kinda like). Spin wise I think the Roguze SZ spins the least, then M3, then G400LST. I have some ballooning shots once in a while with it. Distance - too hard to tell. Dispersion - G400LST is really really solid can't say a bad thing about it.

Edel PROTO

Nice review. I’ve been really happy with the g400LST. Be interesting to see what makes your bag.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Nice review. I’ve been really happy with the g400LST. Be interesting to see what makes your bag.

Yeah no prob testing is always fun. Just a quick down and dirty of my first impression. Not sure if anything beats out the G400lst but we will see.

Edel PROTO

77baf3add0928d6bb46a1c03f7a95e03.jpg

;)

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Just wait until you get your hands on the 440 Justin. You're right, this line launches higher for sure IMO.

Turn it down to 7.5 and enjoy the show.

I did not look over the 440, but do want to. :idhitit:

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

Just wait until you get your hands on the 440 Justin. You're right, this line launches higher for sure IMO.

Take a road trip up with J and you guys can have at it.

How are the 730's treating you? I'm on the fence between them and the 750's, up to 6 or 7 at least.

;)

It helped that Tony Finau was using the Max haha He pounds the ball.

The 440 head is always so tempting haha. They definitely changed the internal workings of the M3 compared to the M1. My guess is the Y track stabilized the head a bit and changing the COG. Did they mention anything about that? LIke why the flight is higher?

Edel PROTO

;)

It helped that Tony Finau was using the Max haha He pounds the ball.

The 440 head is always so tempting haha. They definitely changed the internal workings of the M3 compared to the M1. My guess is the Y track stabilized the head a bit and changing the COG. Did they mention anything about that? LIke why the flight is higher?

Probably but it was just before our fitting and I was watching a hawk fly outside wondering why we were sitting in a conference room. Sorry! :)

Honestly, the 440 reminds me more of the 16' M2 than either M1. Very playable. At 9*, I'm higher than I'd like to be. Not ballooning, just higher. I don't think there will be a loft up campaign this time around.

Gotcha. I don't think the higher flight is a problem unless it's ballooning. Like i said above i go back and forth with what flight i like best.

Edel PROTO

Good review. If the M4 is lower than the M3, think it might fix the problem you’re having with the flight of the M3? Surprised you didn’t try the M4 first, seeing that you preferred the M2 over the M1. Also looking forward to your thoughts on the G Max compared to the 400.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

How are the 730's treating you? I'm on the fence between them and the 750's, up to 6 or 7 at least.

730's are just great when the Indian is in order. :crazy2: My game/score is not effected by the irons I play. I can play shovels or blades and record the same score. I played blades all through school and just love the look. The 730's have about no offset and when struck properly are just wonderful.

• P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

730's are just great when the Indian is in order. :crazy2: My game/score is not effected by the irons I play. I can play shovels or blades and record the same score. I played blades all through school and just love the look. The 730's have about no offset and when struck properly are just wonderful.

Get rid of the death move ;)

Edel PROTO

Good review. If the M4 is lower than the M3, think it might fix the problem you're having with the flight of the M3? Surprised you didn't try the M4 first, seeing that you preferred the M2 over the M1. Also looking forward to your thoughts on the G Max compared to the 400.

Didn't have the M4 option but I will soon. I'm surprised the Gmax is getting play in Finau's bag. You'd think a guy like that needs low spin but clearly the Gmax fits the bill.

High ball flight is a good thing, men hit moon balls.

I"m currently playing a high/flat ball setup and i'm enjoying it very much. Love maximizing carry but then hate when somebody sneaks me by getting 65yds of roll :angry22:

Here's another comparison crown pic for the Rogue SZ, G400LST, and M3

Edel PROTO

Tinker tinker....!

Finau plays a mid-upper 80 gram shaft tipped! That should help keep he spin down with any head! He beats on it!

On course thoughts will be interesting, but looks like around here might be a while J ..... :(

• P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

Tinker tinker....!

Finau plays a mid-upper 80 gram shaft tipped! That should help keep he spin down with any head! He beats on it!

On course thoughts will be interesting, but looks like around here might be a while J ..... :(

I wonder what length he plays it at, has to be like 44.5". Yeah the snow today didn't help but luckily it was only a dusting.

Edel PROTO

Remember that guy won’t get 65 yards of roll during an 8 am tee time round for a tournament or skins game unless your course conditions are much different than here in MI. High/flat with low enough landing angle and spin to get reasonable roll is where it’s at unless conditions call for something else.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Remember that guy won't get 65 yards of roll during an 8 am tee time round for a tournament or skins game unless your course conditions are much different than here in MI. High/flat with low enough landing angle and spin to get reasonable roll is where it's at unless conditions call for something else.

I agree with that which is why i'm playing the setup i am. It's more advantageous to be able to carry corners or bunkers.

#moonballstobabyjesus

#moonballtosweettinybabyjesus

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM