Happy to help

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

18 hours ago, jt2gt said:

Looks like Michael Newton (Typical Long Hitting Youtube Reviewer) agrees....TSI3 knocking out his longtime G400 LST Gamer.  

Interesting I'll have to check it out.  Titleist got it right and to be honest its nice to see them go back to spending R&D dollars on clubs and not just balls.  I spoke with a Titleist employee and he said that's the biggest difference under the new leadership.  

Edel PROTO

53 minutes ago, toc said:

Great driver.  I'm surprised at how forgiving it is for such a hot club face.

Agree.  In my testing the LST was a little more forgiving but Tsi3 isn't far behind.  What gave the tsi3 the edge was the slightly better launch conditions, I gained around 5yds or so in avg carry distance while total distance was about the same.

Edel PROTO

Great stuff!  I did not like the 425lst driver either [over the 410] and moved it pretty quickly.  I did not like what they did with the shape.  I think they made it look reverse pear shape with the back line being bulky in the rear heel and cut-in and on the rear toe.  Then the face looks toed in.... odd.  I'm curious if anyone has matted their TSI driver or if you have seen one?  I prefer a matte finish!

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

21 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

Great stuff!  I did not like the 425lst driver either [over the 410] and moved it pretty quickly.  I did not like what they did with the shape.  I think they made it look reverse pear shape with the back line being bulky in the rear heel and cut-in and on the rear toe.  Then the face looks toed in.... odd.  I'm curious if anyone has matted their TSI driver or if you have seen one?  I prefer a matte finish!

You can add a matte finish yourself at home, not difficult to do.  I like the shape of the 425LST, reminds me more of the G400 but the Tsi3 shape is killer.  

Edel PROTO

Happy Easter everyone

PM questions I'll answer here : Playing the Sim2 Ti but I do like the match fairway woods with driver so this has motivated me to give the Tsi stuff a more in depth shot.  Tsi2 and Tsi3 will be tested, first on a LM (trackman outdoors) then I'll grab the best head and get it on course.

• Like 3

Edel PROTO

On 4/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, J13 said:

Happy Easter everyone

PM questions I'll answer here : Playing the Sim2 Ti but I do like the match fairway woods with driver so this has motivated me to give the Tsi stuff a more in depth shot.  Tsi2 and Tsi3 will be tested, first on a LM (trackman outdoors) then I'll grab the best head and get it on course.

J13 great stuff as always. Can’t wait to hear about the tsi2 vs sim2 ti comparison.  I hit the sim 2 ti last week and I was super impressed. I had the store hold me a g425 max 3w without hitting it and just happened to have enough time to hop on track man without walking out and it was eye opening. I did not get along with the ping very good at all. It was disappointing because I’ve sold myself on it for months. I really thought it was the one but the lst 3w prob fit better bit they didn’t have a lefty head. Insert the sim2 ti and instant stripe show. Club speed jumped from 101-105 with max to 105-109 with sim. So easy from deck also I never tee’d it up. But The tsi2 is what I most want to compare to the sim2 before I buy but they don’t have any lefties to hit. Got my popcorn ready 🍻

15 hours ago, bjno1300 said:

J13 great stuff as always. Can’t wait to hear about the tsi2 vs sim2 ti comparison.  I hit the sim 2 ti last week and I was super impressed. I had the store hold me a g425 max 3w without hitting it and just happened to have enough time to hop on track man without walking out and it was eye opening. I did not get along with the ping very good at all. It was disappointing because I’ve sold myself on it for months. I really thought it was the one but the lst 3w prob fit better bit they didn’t have a lefty head. Insert the sim2 ti and instant stripe show. Club speed jumped from 101-105 with max to 105-109 with sim. So easy from deck also I never tee’d it up. But The tsi2 is what I most want to compare to the sim2 before I buy but they don’t have any lefties to hit. Got my popcorn ready 🍻

SIM2 fairway is pretty great but I hit my TSi2 so well.  Also really like the Callaway epic speed and this is coming from a guy that doesn't necessarily like Callaway woods.  Have to take into account that I'm playing in super soft conditions over here in the PNW.  Both great clubs but the TSi2 just worked better for me.  

PING G430 LST - 9* Ventus Black 6X
Callway Paradym AI Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 15* Graphite Design Tour AD Di 8X
PING G430 Hybrid- 19* (turned down to 17*) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X Hybrid
PING Blueprint S- 4-PW DG Tour Issue X100 
Titleist Vokey SM9 - 54.10S & 60.04T Wedgeworks DG TI S400
PING Custom PLD Anser

Titleist Pro V1

16 hours ago, bjno1300 said:

Right now the SIM2 has been in the driver seat but I'm adding another club to the test (possibly 2).  Also might be doing something a little unconventional in the top end of the bag.  Not sure yet.  Once I get in the toys I'll build them up and post about what i'm doing.  First time i'm trying this so we will see 😬  Might be terrible haha.

Edel PROTO

5 hours ago, nels said:

SIM2 fairway is pretty great but I hit my TSi2 so well.  Also really like the Callaway epic speed and this is coming from a guy that doesn't necessarily like Callaway woods.  Have to take into account that I'm playing in super soft conditions over here in the PNW.  Both great clubs but the TSi2 just worked better for me.  

SIM2 Ti is longer than the Tsi2.  Tsi2 so far is more consistent and player friendly.  The other head i have coming is a Cally Speed.  Great profile and long from my initial testing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Edel PROTO

10 hours ago, bjno1300 said:

What shafts are you playing in the sim 2 ti and the tsi2 fairways?? 🍿 

Using Ventus black 7X. Both are really good for different reasons.  

Going to give my run down tomorrow. Today is a day of rest and smoking a pork butt for Masters Sunday 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's - WITB- Sim2 Ti vs Tsi2 winner

Going back a topic, but wondering if you have found the 425 LST to be a bit less fade biased than the 410? I’ve tested them against each other, and I seem to find the left side a little bit more frequently with the newer generation. Perhaps it’s just a head that I’ve been testing?  I know we’ve messaged about this before, but a driver that moves left under pressure is not a lot of fun to have in the bag.

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

14 minutes ago, goheels11 said:

Going back a topic, but wondering if you have found the 425 LST to be a bit less fade biased than the 410? I’ve tested them against each other, and I seem to find the left side a little bit more frequently with the newer generation. Perhaps it’s just a head that I’ve been testing?  I know we’ve messaged about this before, but a driver that moves left under pressure is not a lot of fun to have in the bag.

I found the opposite but then again I hotmelted the 425LST in my shop pretty early on.  I honestly forget what it was like in stock form in terms of it's subtleties 

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

On 4/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, J13 said:

SIM2 Ti 3w vs TSi2 3w

Short and sweet (especially since I typed this out and got some spam redirect and lost it all before I posted 😡) 

Titleist Tsi2 15* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Titleist has come a long way in the last few years.  I spoke to a few people inside Titleist and they all said the difference is the major investment in R&D for clubs and not just balls.  The TS line was a big step forward but the TSI line puts them neck and neck with the big boys like TM and Cally.  The Tsi2 fairway wood is incredibly well balanced for off the tee and fairway.  Maybe the most well round fairway wood I have hit in a long time.

SIM2 Ti 15* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Lets be honest, Taylormade knows how to make woods.  Last years SIM Ti was great off the tee but I struggled with it off the deck and moved to the Cally Mav SZ.  So when they released the Sim2 Ti I wasn’t sure if I wasn’t even going to both with it.  Fortunately, I did test it and I was impressed.  My swing path is more in to out and shallow so I can struggle elevating 3 woods off the deck.  The Sim2 Ti repositioned weight so it was noticeably easier to hit from the fairway while still maintaining lowish spin off the tee.

The Rundown:

Looks – Tie, both look great to me for different reasons

Feel/Sound – Sim2 Ti, it has that crack I like.  The tsi2 is solid, no complaints.

Distance off the tee – Sim2 Ti is a cannon

Distance off the deck – Sim2 Ti again is a cannon

Forgiveness  - Tsi2 by a hair, it’s not a big difference but it is a little more player friendly

Dispersion – Tsi2 by a hair.  Really solid and consistent

Winner – Have to give it to @taylormadegolf . The Sim2 Ti is a noticeable improvement for me from last years model.  It’s easier to hit off the deck while still maintaining it’s performance of the tee.  I really like the changes TM made to it, especially with the weight redistribution on the V steel sole.  With that said, the Tsi2 is a great 3 wood and don’t be shocked if it goes in the bag at some point.  Both clubs were really impressive. 

So up next is a bit of a wild experiment ….stay tuned.  😬

image0.png

I would love to use that club, but that closed look when "un-manipulated" just wouldn't work mentally for me

Titleist Tsr2 9*

PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 15*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Ping i210 5-P (26*-45*)

Ping iE1 50*

Ping Glide 3.0 54*/58*

Ping Fetch

53 minutes ago, spring7 said:

I would love to use that club, but that closed look when "un-manipulated" just wouldn't work mentally for me

It sits 1.5* open at neutral.  It's just the camera angle that makes it looked closed.

Edel PROTO

17 hours ago, Breezy-3- said:

@J13 what swing weight (and head weight) are you playing your TSi3 at?

Tsi3 is D3 @ 45" with Ventus Black 6X

Edel PROTO

12 hours ago, Breezy-3- said:

Thanks J, just got my TSi3 with Ventura Black 6x and it was delivered light @ D1. I’m going to try to add a second weight in the track (one at T2 and one and either H2 or neutral) and see how it goes before sending it off for some melt. 

Gotcha.  It's a great combo and if you need assistance with Hotmelt I'm happy to help.  Do it for tons of guys on here and locally in my shop.  Anyway, hit em well my man

Edel PROTO

Interesting on the 3 metal , I know you like to have the three metal match the driver does is create a quandary for you?

test tsi3 in the fairway at all?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

16 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Interesting on the 3 metal , I know you like to have the three metal match the driver does is create a quandary for you?

test tsi3 in the fairway at all?

ideally yes and I have tested the Tsi3, in fact I met with a titleist rep outdoors on trackman and compared them head to head 2 days ago.  Problem was the rep brought a knife to a gun fight. My spec’d out sim2 With Ventus black against the Tsi3 with random stock offerings. It honestly wasn’t close. Head looks great though as does the tsi2. Maybe at some point in the future I’ll mess with it but I’m kind of exhausted testing to be honest.  I like my bag to be set by May. Not saying I won’t test anything after that point but I need a break with it all. 

A little more on the fitting.  I didn't plan on posting much as I don't feel it's a fair representation of the Titleist fairway woods.  I had the Tsi2 and tested on course with a Ventus black and it was MUCH better than anything I tested with the rep.  And to be honest, the demo day rep knew enough to be dangerous. He was putting stuff in my hands that I wanted to hand right back to him but I didn't want to be rude so I'd hit a couple and say it wasn't a good fit.  For reference, I have Tony Finau type swing (not the same speed but transition and length of swing) and he handed me a Aldila ATX Blue 75S.  I hit 2 shots and I couldn't hit the ocean if I was standing on the beach.  His response was numbers were pretty good.  Keep in mind if I hit the same drives on the golf course I would've had to travel to the state to my east or west to find the ball.  I looked over the shafts he had and the best option was HZRDUS Black smoke.  Gave decent numbers but again, not close to what i'm playing.  

Edited by J13
  • Thanks 1

Edel PROTO

Quick update on some shaft testing:

Been messing around with a few things, one being the Mitsubishi Tensei 65TX 2.0 Prototype.  I actually had this on the BST then pulled it after a testing session.  This thing crushes spin, i'm talking another 300rpms lower than the standard 65TX.  It's also very anti left which is never a bad thing for me.  It's going neck and neck with the Ventus so we shall see what happens.  Anyone else try this cannon out?  Be interested to hear other experiences.  I know there aren't many around but i've been very impressed and it's not as difficult to hit as I thought it would be and im' not even swinging full speed due to a little shoulder issue.

IMG_9972.PNG

IMG_9973.PNG

IMG_9852.jpg

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's - WITB- Tensei 65TX 2.0 Proto Shaft testing..Very impressed
10 minutes ago, J13 said:

Quick update on some shaft testing:

Been messing around with a few things, one being the Mitsubishi Tensei 65TX 2.0 Prototype.  I actually had this on the BST then pulled it after a testing session.  This thing crushes spin, i'm talking another 300rpms lower than the standard 65TX.  It's also very anti left which is never a bad thing for me.  It's going neck and neck with the Ventus so we shall see what happens.  Anyone else try this cannon out?  Be interested to hear other experiences.  I know there aren't many around but i've been very impressed and it's not as difficult to hit as I thought it would be and im' not even swinging full speed due to a little shoulder issue.

IMG_9972.PNG

IMG_9973.PNG

IMG_9852.jpg

Ive been so happy with the Ventus line, I didn’t need to see this. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM