Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BALL TEST WINNER:       In the end, both the Bridgestone Tour B X and Taylormade TP5X are great balls.  The Tour BX is a little better in the durability department but the TP5X is a lit

Ping G425 LST 9* vs Titleist Tsi3 8*  * Ventus Black 6X in both *     Short and sweet:   Distance:  Center strikes the Tsi3 wins.  Off center strikes the LST wins. F

And so it begins...   1 round down, 2 more to go.      

Posted Images

18 hours ago, jt2gt said:

Looks like Michael Newton (Typical Long Hitting Youtube Reviewer) agrees....TSI3 knocking out his longtime G400 LST Gamer.  

Interesting I'll have to check it out.  Titleist got it right and to be honest its nice to see them go back to spending R&D dollars on clubs and not just balls.  I spoke with a Titleist employee and he said that's the biggest difference under the new leadership.  

Titleist TSi3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black 6X                  

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

53 minutes ago, toc said:

Great driver.  I'm surprised at how forgiving it is for such a hot club face.

Agree.  In my testing the LST was a little more forgiving but Tsi3 isn't far behind.  What gave the tsi3 the edge was the slightly better launch conditions, I gained around 5yds or so in avg carry distance while total distance was about the same.

Odyssey Versa #6

Great stuff!  I did not like the 425lst driver either [over the 410] and moved it pretty quickly.  I did not like what they did with the shape.  I think they made it look reverse pear shape with the back line being bulky in the rear heel and cut-in and on the rear toe.  Then the face looks toed in.... odd.  I'm curious if anyone has matted their TSI driver or if you have seen one?  I prefer a matte finish!

PING G410 [email protected] loft (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)
Nike vapor fly pro 2/3 Iron (HM3 105x, Modus105x HS)

Ping G410 19 Hybrid (Tensei ProWhite 100TX)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

21 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

Great stuff!  I did not like the 425lst driver either [over the 410] and moved it pretty quickly.  I did not like what they did with the shape.  I think they made it look reverse pear shape with the back line being bulky in the rear heel and cut-in and on the rear toe.  Then the face looks toed in.... odd.  I'm curious if anyone has matted their TSI driver or if you have seen one?  I prefer a matte finish!

You can add a matte finish yourself at home, not difficult to do.  I like the shape of the 425LST, reminds me more of the G400 but the Tsi3 shape is killer.  

Odyssey Versa #6

Happy Easter everyone

PM questions I'll answer here : Playing the Sim2 Ti but I do like the match fairway woods with driver so this has motivated me to give the Tsi stuff a more in depth shot.  Tsi2 and Tsi3 will be tested, first on a LM (trackman outdoors) then I'll grab the best head and get it on course.

• Like 3

Odyssey Versa #6

On 4/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, J13 said:

Happy Easter everyone

PM questions I'll answer here : Playing the Sim2 Ti but I do like the match fairway woods with driver so this has motivated me to give the Tsi stuff a more in depth shot.  Tsi2 and Tsi3 will be tested, first on a LM (trackman outdoors) then I'll grab the best head and get it on course.

J13 great stuff as always. Can’t wait to hear about the tsi2 vs sim2 ti comparison.  I hit the sim 2 ti last week and I was super impressed. I had the store hold me a g425 max 3w without hitting it and just happened to have enough time to hop on track man without walking out and it was eye opening. I did not get along with the ping very good at all. It was disappointing because I’ve sold myself on it for months. I really thought it was the one but the lst 3w prob fit better bit they didn’t have a lefty head. Insert the sim2 ti and instant stripe show. Club speed jumped from 101-105 with max to 105-109 with sim. So easy from deck also I never tee’d it up. But The tsi2 is what I most want to compare to the sim2 before I buy but they don’t have any lefties to hit. Got my popcorn ready 🍻

15 hours ago, bjno1300 said:

J13 great stuff as always. Can’t wait to hear about the tsi2 vs sim2 ti comparison.  I hit the sim 2 ti last week and I was super impressed. I had the store hold me a g425 max 3w without hitting it and just happened to have enough time to hop on track man without walking out and it was eye opening. I did not get along with the ping very good at all. It was disappointing because I’ve sold myself on it for months. I really thought it was the one but the lst 3w prob fit better bit they didn’t have a lefty head. Insert the sim2 ti and instant stripe show. Club speed jumped from 101-105 with max to 105-109 with sim. So easy from deck also I never tee’d it up. But The tsi2 is what I most want to compare to the sim2 before I buy but they don’t have any lefties to hit. Got my popcorn ready 🍻

SIM2 fairway is pretty great but I hit my TSi2 so well.  Also really like the Callaway epic speed and this is coming from a guy that doesn't necessarily like Callaway woods.  Have to take into account that I'm playing in super soft conditions over here in the PNW.  Both great clubs but the TSi2 just worked better for me.  

Titleist TSi3 9* Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 6TX

Titleist TSi2 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 8TX

Titleist 818 H2 21* Tensei Pro White 90TX

Taylormade P770 4-5 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 56.10S & 60.08D

Scotty Cameron Phantson X 5.5 2021 Version

Tyson Lamb BridgePort "Carpe Diem"

Titleist Pro V1x

16 hours ago, bjno1300 said:

Right now the SIM2 has been in the driver seat but I'm adding another club to the test (possibly 2).  Also might be doing something a little unconventional in the top end of the bag.  Not sure yet.  Once I get in the toys I'll build them up and post about what i'm doing.  First time i'm trying this so we will see 😬  Might be terrible haha.

Odyssey Versa #6

5 hours ago, nels said:

SIM2 fairway is pretty great but I hit my TSi2 so well.  Also really like the Callaway epic speed and this is coming from a guy that doesn't necessarily like Callaway woods.  Have to take into account that I'm playing in super soft conditions over here in the PNW.  Both great clubs but the TSi2 just worked better for me.  

SIM2 Ti is longer than the Tsi2.  Tsi2 so far is more consistent and player friendly.  The other head i have coming is a Cally Speed.  Great profile and long from my initial testing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Odyssey Versa #6

10 hours ago, bjno1300 said:

What shafts are you playing in the sim 2 ti and the tsi2 fairways?? 🍿 

Using Ventus black 7X. Both are really good for different reasons.  

Going to give my run down tomorrow. Today is a day of rest and smoking a pork butt for Masters Sunday 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Odyssey Versa #6