2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

1 hour ago, nbphilippe said:

Man...that’s a meaaan looking 3-wood!! Looks like there should be a Batman logo on top!! 😍

She’s a looker but can she perform😆

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

9 hours ago, J13 said:

Nice 3w👍  Ventus red 9x in that head is 😍

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

11 hours ago, J13 said:

The prettiest ones are usually the laziest, that’s true, Lol!! I have a feeling this one is going to be one of the unicorns!! 🦄

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

10 hours ago, BallerNate said:

The prettiest ones are usually the laziest, that’s true, Lol!! I have a feeling this one is going to be one of the unicorns!! 🦄

Preach! haha

Update:

The TSI2 15* with Ventus Black 7X @ 42.5" is D0.

Practiced today and played a quick 9. Swing weight is super light but took it out just so i know now where i want to add the weight.  I'll be in my shop tomorrow setting it up and getting it to D3 for Sundays money game.  Update on it's first official outing coming up!  I will say i like what i'm seeing 👍

• Like 2

Edel PROTO

12 hours ago, J13 said:

Preach! haha

Update:

The TSI2 15* with Ventus Black 7X @ 42.5" is D0.

Practiced today and played a quick 9. Swing weight is super light but took it out just so i know now where i want to add the weight.  I'll be in my shop tomorrow setting it up and getting it to D3 for Sundays money game.  Update on it's first official outing coming up!  I will say i like what i'm seeing 👍

Sweet! I’d name that one Black Beauty! I was set on getting SIM or SIM Max when it’s time to switch up my Driver, 3-wood, & Hybrid (all Callaway Rogue), but after seeing your TSi2 and some of the other clubs on this site I’m starting to be more open minded. Going to get a fitting appointment ASAP and will try different clubs like TSi2/TSi3, Epic, Mavrik, G425 etc and see what the best option will be for my swing!

Edited by BallerNate

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 12/11/2020 at 8:43 PM, BallerNate said:

Sweet! I’d name that one Black Beauty! I was set on getting SIM or SIM Max when it’s time to switch up my Driver, 3-wood, & Hybrid (all Callaway Rogue), but after seeing your TSi2 and some of the other clubs on this site I’m starting to be more open minded. Going to get a fitting appointment ASAP and will try different clubs like TSi2/TSi3, Epic, Mavrik, G425 etc and see what the best option will be for my swing!

Getting fit is really the best option.  I love Ping drivers but struggle with the fairway woods.  And I love my Cally mav sz but struggle spinning it enough off the deck.  The Tsi2 seems to be a very balanced 3 wood in a sense that it's low enough in spin for tee shots but still easy to get in the air off the deck.

• Like 2

Edel PROTO

2 hours ago, J13 said:

Getting fit is really the best option.  I love Ping drivers but struggle with the fairway woods.  And I love my Cally mav sz but struggle spinning it enough off the deck.  The Tsi2 seems to be a very balanced 3 wood in a sense that it's low enough in spin for tee shots but still easy to get in the air off the deck.

Makes sense for sure! The more I read up about the new stuff for 2021 and the clubs from 2020, the more I think I’m going to probably game my Callaway Rogue Driver, 3W, and Hybrid for at least 1 more season. The TSi2 or TSi3 are the only clubs that excite me for this year (and SIM from 2020), but not sure it’s going to be worth the extra $$$. We’ll see how it goes once I can actually try them out in the Spring for a fitting though...

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

6 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Makes sense for sure! The more I read up about the new stuff for 2021 and the clubs from 2020, the more I think I’m going to probably game my Callaway Rogue Driver, 3W, and Hybrid for at least 1 more season. The TSi2 or TSi3 are the only clubs that excite me for this year (and SIM from 2020), but not sure it’s going to be worth the extra $$$. We’ll see how it goes once I can actually try them out in the Spring for a fitting though...

The Rogue line was a great one, tons of pga tour guys still play the Rogue FWY woods.

Just FYI - Ended up adding some weight to the Tsi2 and took it out for it's maiden voyage with a little cash on the line.  I plan on dropping the update tonight but it will have to be tomorrow.  I'm exhausted and still have to get done 2 things on my "honey-do" list before I get the privilege of sleeping 😐   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Edel PROTO

26 minutes ago, J13 said:

The Rogue line was a great one, tons of pga tour guys still play the Rogue FWY woods.

Just FYI - Ended up adding some weight to the Tsi2 and took it out for it's maiden voyage with a little cash on the line.  I plan on dropping the update tonight but it will have to be tomorrow.  I'm exhausted and still have to get done 2 things on my "honey-do" list before I get the privilege of sleeping 😐   

Looking forward to seeing how you liked it. 7 wood head is on the way. We seem to have similar taste in bag setups. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

31 minutes ago, J13 said:

Yeah, the Rogue lineup is underrated...just bought them in September and the more I play them the more I love them!

Feel you 100%, lots on my “honey-do” list too, Lol!! Look forward to hearing all about your new TSI2 adventures for sure!!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the new Titleist fairway.  It sure looks nice.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

12 hours ago, MPAndreassi said:

Looking forward to seeing how you liked it. 7 wood head is on the way. We seem to have similar taste in bag setups. 

Yeah we have similar bags for sure. You have a good taste 😆

1 hour ago, Hot Rod 71 said:

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the new Titleist fairway.  It sure looks nice.

When i get a chance today I'm going to give my run down of round 1.  Just have to make it through kids and virtual school first 😕

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's - WITB - Titleist TSi Round 1 update🎅🏽
6 minutes ago, J13 said:

Titleist Tsi2 initial thoughts:

Round 1 in the books, lets get right to it.  

Round 1  - With the TSi2 (hit it more than i normally would off tee's) - Hit 8/9 fwy's

Looks: The appearance of a deeper face gives me confidence at address. Usually deeper faced fwy woods can be temperamental due to low spin but I love the look of them.  This creates the age old dilemma of needs vs wants.  Good news is Tsi2 gives me the look I want but with the spin I need. 

Spin: For my game the spin seems to be perfect.  I've hit this on an LM but not with my shaft (only stock form).  I plan on jumping on flightscope soon to see where things are but it seems to be on the higher side of the acceptable range for off the tee and perfect for off the deck.  It's a fine line and why for so many the 3 wood is such a difficult spot to fill.

Launch: High launch off tee and mid/high off the deck.  I can tell that on really windy days I might have issues off the tee but fortunately I now have a 3 wood I can hit off the deck with a high level of consistency so I plan on practicing some stinger type shots.  The Mav SZ is great for this and I can hit low bullets, problem i have is I can't hit any other shots off the deck.

Sound/Feel: Sounds and feels great, especially after i dropped some hotmelt in 😎 But even before hotmelt it sounded solid, no issues here.

So far:

Strengths: Versatility and ability to be just as good off the deck as the tee

Weaknesses: Possibly spin but I'm still trying to find my setup in terms of loft, lie, and weight config.

Build: (as of now)

Ventus Black 7X

42.5"

Rear weight: 4g

Hotmelt: 4g added to face/toe 

Swing weight: D2.5

Setting: A1

Sounds like she performs as good as she looks!! For some reason I can’t see your WITB on your OP? All I see is links to videos/YouTube...

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

42 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Sounds like she performs as good as she looks!! For some reason I can’t see your WITB on your OP? All I see is links to videos/YouTube...

So far so good.  My WITB is posted in my signature not on the OP.  OP is links to content i've done for WRX or Callaway. The Callaway stuff was amazing and seems like a lifetime ago.  

Edel PROTO

1 hour ago, J13 said:

So far so good.  My WITB is posted in my signature not on the OP.  OP is links to content i've done for WRX or Callaway. The Callaway stuff was amazing and seems like a lifetime ago.  

Ah, Ok. Couldn’t see it cuz I usually use my phone...had to check your signature on an iPad. Cool bag for sure...never heard of Honma, but looked them up and they look gorgeous! So is the TSi2 going to replace your Mavrik SZ or the verdict still out? Will you get a TSi2 Driver too, or stick with the Ping G410LST?

Edited by BallerNate

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

28 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Ah, Ok. Couldn’t see it cuz I usually use my phone...had to check your signature on an iPad. Cool bag for sure...never heard of Honma, but looked them up and they look gorgeous! So is the TSi2 going to replace your Mavrik SZ or the verdict still out? Will you get a TSi2 Driver too, or stick with the Ping G410LST?

Cool.  Honma irons are great, nice soft forging with a great profile.  As for your question, yes the Tsi2 is being tested to see if it can replace my Mav SZ which has been a pretty good 3 wood for me.  Only weakness it has is off the deck.  Driver wise I would get the Tsi3 over Tsi2.  I've already hit both so I know the 3 gives me the numbers I'd want.  But not sure i'll switch from the 410LST.  

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

2 hours ago, FAbb said:

What's your typical usage profile for a 3w?  Based on what you're playing now, it seems like more of a tee club for you than a second shot club.

Good question, I'd say 70% off the tee and 25% off the deck.  The remaining 5% is reserved for punch shots out of the trees😆

On a serious note the 3w is heavily used off the tee but there are 2-3 times a round I'm using it off the deck.  Problem I run into with 3w off the deck is my angle of attack and swing path.  I tend to come from the inside and shallow so finding a fairway wood that helps me off the deck while maintaining reasonable spin off the tee is tough.  

Also, I'd argue the 2-3 shots off the deck are more game changing than the tee shots.  I have options off the tee but going into a green from 250yds leaves me with only 1 real option to get home and that's a 3w.  So i'm thinking if i can improve those 2-3 shots off the deck that will get me 1-2 more birdies per round.

Edited by J13
  • Thanks 1

Edel PROTO

That makes sense.  I don't hit the ball as far as you, so the 3 wood is essentially a pure second shot off the turf club for me.  The TS2 has been great for me, so I imagine the Tsi2 will work well for you in those off the deck second shot situations.  Looking forward to hearing how more testing goes.  Unfortunately it looks like it may take a bit to get more reps in, between the rain yesterday, and rain/snow coming wednesday. 

2 hours ago, FAbb said:

That makes sense.  I don't hit the ball as far as you, so the 3 wood is essentially a pure second shot off the turf club for me.  The TS2 has been great for me, so I imagine the Tsi2 will work well for you in those off the deck second shot situations.  Looking forward to hearing how more testing goes.  Unfortunately it looks like it may take a bit to get more reps in, between the rain yesterday, and rain/snow coming wednesday. 

I think you're right.  And yeah, the weather is not looking good.  Might try to sneak out today for a quick 9 and just deal with the cold. 

Edel PROTO

What grinds/lofts are you using on the MD5s?

I've always been a Ping guy for the wedges for whatever reason, but want something with some rust and to pair with the PM 64* that I randomly got and for some reason, really enjoy.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

2 hours ago, J_Tizzle said:

What grinds/lofts are you using on the MD5s?

I've always been a Ping guy for the wedges for whatever reason, but want something with some rust and to pair with the PM 64* that I randomly got and for some reason, really enjoy.

I really like Ping wedges, spin a ton too.  

MD5

50S 10*

54S 10*

MD4

60C 8*

Edel PROTO

Curious J, have you tried the Ventus Red in the driver spot at all?  Curious how you would compare it to the black.  

Cheers!

D

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

14 hours ago, DNice26 said:

Curious J, have you tried the Ventus Red in the driver spot at all?  Curious how you would compare it to the black.  

Cheers!

D

Haven't tried the Red and to be honest probably won't in driver.  Possibly in a 3 wood though, we'll see.   I see you're playing in 3w, how does it compare to the blue?

• Thanks 1

Edel PROTO

59 minutes ago, J13 said:

Haven't tried the Red and to be honest probably won't in driver.  Possibly in a 3 wood though, we'll see.   I see you're playing in 3w, how does it compare to the blue?

The red in the fw has been pretty good.  TBH, I think it could be better but that is because of my lack of club building skills.  I made the major booboo of essentially burning the tip off the shaft and so had to tip it.  So I'm gaming it (7X) in my TS2, but it is tipped probably 2 inches.  A bit much for me technically, but I've been able to manage it and I do like it.  

I now have the Blue 6X in my TSi2 driver and I like it, but I think a stiffer butt of the Red or Black might be a better fit for me.  I'm mulling over a purchase of a red or black.  Prob wait until the new season starts before any move though.  I have a black RDX coming, which is actually really nice in the TSi2.  

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

2 hours ago, DNice26 said:

The red in the fw has been pretty good.  TBH, I think it could be better but that is because of my lack of club building skills.  I made the major booboo of essentially burning the tip off the shaft and so had to tip it.  So I'm gaming it (7X) in my TS2, but it is tipped probably 2 inches.  A bit much for me technically, but I've been able to manage it and I do like it.  

I now have the Blue 6X in my TSi2 driver and I like it, but I think a stiffer butt of the Red or Black might be a better fit for me.  I'm mulling over a purchase of a red or black.  Prob wait until the new season starts before any move though.  I have a black RDX coming, which is actually really nice in the TSi2.  

Gotcha.  I had a Blue 6X for a minute and tipped it 2.5" and it was pretty good but the Black is much tighter dispersion and has less left in it.  The Red is intriguing for fairways but right now the Black 7X in the 3wood is working pretty well.  

• Thanks 1

Edel PROTO

3 minutes ago, J13 said:

Gotcha.  I had a Blue 6X for a minute and tipped it 2.5" and it was pretty good but the Black is much tighter dispersion and has less left in it.  The Red is intriguing for fairways but right now the Black 7X in the 3wood is working pretty well.  

My swing is certainly not in mid season form, but I think I've noticed the left side miss here and there with the Blue.  Maybe I should test a black 6S.  

20 hours ago, J13 said:

I really like Ping wedges, spin a ton too.  

MD5

50S 10*

54S 10*

MD4

60C 8*

I really do too, if they come out with the Glide 3.0 in stealth/raw finish I'll probably stay with those since I like the Project X LZ and those are like $40 upcharges from Callaway.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM