J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

Rain..Rain..Rain :nono:

I was hoping to get out this week but it's been nothing but rain since Sunday. Anyway despite the weather I managed to get in some practice and dial in the driver so not a total loss. I have the same shaft (Ion Xphlexxx Agera) in the G400 LST as the Epic SZ and at the same length. Sound wise the hotmelt did the trick and the head sounds MUCH MUCH better. I might also throw the Taylormade M2 in the mix with Agera to have all 3 battle, why not right? :pimp: :pimp:

Also have 2 things on the way to throw into the mix..stay tuned :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Ping head ordered through ping wrx/ ordered spec?

Yes and had it measured and loft is 8.7* N

Very cool

Do they do lie angle also?

I'm not sure to be honest I didn't think to ask. Lie angle on my driver is 58* though so pretty accurate.

On a side note I finally got out to play and the driver performed very well. Feel and sound is so much better with the melt added, anyone playing a head and wants hotmelt added let me know and i can help you out you won't be disappointed. I'm going to play a round on Sunday for some $$$$ so I'll post my final thoughts after that ;)

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

You play the Rome for a while? Been thinking about putting a 888 in a G400 3 wood

Rome 888 has been one of the best fwy wood shafts I've ever owned. I HIGHLY recommend buying one but they certainly aren't cheap.

On a side note I got in 2 more full rounds and I'll post an update on my G400 Driver test tonight. Results are intriguing :D

Edel PROTO

Need More Pictures! :taunt:

Haha yeah yeah. Tonight I’ll post my readers digest review of the Ping and new toy

Edel PROTO

So how is the Ping G400 LST holding up?

I have 3 practice sessions and 3 rounds (1 being a big money game) in with the new driver and have to say it's really good. At first I loved the look but not the sound/feel. I added some hotmelt and problem solved it now sounds amazing, very much like the Epic SZ. Next I dialed in the settings with my shaft of choice (Agera) and i was ready to hit the course for some real golf.

Round 1:

After the first round I was impressed but thought there was more i could get out of it with the right shaft. Agera was great but it was cut so the driver played 44" which i've recently moved away from in my Epic SZ (45" Agera setup). I didn't want to deconstruct my Epic combo so I managed to kill 2 birds with one stone and scratch my itch for the Mitsu Kuro Kage Dual Core XT :pimp: All in all I hit a lot of fairways but was falling well short of my Epic SZ.

So fast forward a few days and what would you know but a Tour Issue Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70TX shows up :beach:

Round 2:

Ping/KK combo was in play for the first time with a few $$$$ on the line so it got thrown right into the fire. I know the profile fits me and I had an XT before so it wasn't like I didn't know anything about the shaft otherwise I would have never used it in a game like that. Anyway I played well and hit 8/11 fwys and hit BOMBS all day. The Kuro Kage at 45" in the Ping head was like PB&J and as i walked to my car with a pocket full of cash I couldn't help but smile and think i'm on to something.

Round 3:

No money on the line but I was in a game consisting of a D1 player, a former mini tour pro, and a current mini tour pro. It was all about bragging rights which to be honest is more nerve wracking then the money game. The smack talk alone is mind blowing. So anyway I proceed to hit 9/12 fairways and again hit some flat out bombs that didn't seem to move much which i LOVED. I like that I could go at it hard like the Agera and not worry about a hook. I gave it everything i had and at no time did it turn left on me unless i tried to hit a draw. Agera and now the KK are kings at this.

So who wins?

Ping G400 LST VS. Callaway Epic SZ

Distance: Same, both are stupid long and IMO better then anything else on the market. :smilie_ping: :smilie_cally:

Forgiveness : G400 LST, mishits go further. :smilie_ping:

Looks: G400 LST, the shape, color, and overall design is just superb :smilie_ping:

Feel/Sound : Epic SZ is tops, even with melt the G400 isn't quite as good. Callaway got it right and without any melt!!!!! :smilie_cally:

Spin : Callaway SZ weight forward is the lowest spin between the two, Ping G400 LST is next, then SZ with weight back in highest. The difference is like 100-150rpm of spin between each. It's not a major but it's a difference. :smilie_cally:

So what will stay in my bag?

Ping G400 with the KK is moving into the top spot for now. I've been playing the SZ since the spring and to be honest I kinda like having something fresh to look at until the new Callaway Rogue comes out (I know i'm a no good ho :D ) . Having fun with the Ping and again can't say enough about the KK DC XT. It's a GREAT shaft and IMO a big improvement over the XT.

Edel PROTO

Damn u J13

I know I know :D

Edel PROTO

Damn u J13

Seriously.

I stayed pretty quite through the summer because I moved so i have some catching up to do on the ho'ing. A new putter is also on the way :D Actually won it through WRX.

Edel PROTO

I've been successfully avoiding a G400 purchase up to this point. Now I'm probably going to fall off the wagon at some point this off season. I'll be interested to hear if the G400 sticks around in your bag for a bit.

Have you stuck with the Srixon XV this season? I'm not really interested in trying the TP5x thanks to your and other reviews about spin control issues with shorter irons and wedges, but I'm actually starting to mess around with the regular TP5. I like what I've seen so far. Did you ever do any additional testing with it?

Ping G400 with the KK is moving into the top spot for now. I've been playing the SZ since the spring and to be honest I kinda like having something fresh to look at until the new Callaway Rogue comes out (I know i'm a no good ho :D ) . Having fun with the Ping and again can't say enough about the KK DC XT. It's a GREAT shaft and IMO a big improvement over the XT.

Was working a multi-vendor demo day last week; during a lull in foot traffic got to compare a G400 LST 10* with Kuro Kage Dual Core 60X to my Epic SZ 10.5 with Rogue I/O 60X on TrackMan. My impressions and the data generated were nearly identical to what you found. TrackMan was showing the slightest of edges in ball speed and total distance for Epic, but could easily play the G400 and not miss a thing. Best ever sound/feel/looks in a Ping driver, and the G400 just gives you the impression that you have to make a REALLY bad swing to get a bad result.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

I've been successfully avoiding a G400 purchase up to this point. Now I'm probably going to fall off the wagon at some point this off season. I'll be interested to hear if the G400 sticks around in your bag for a bit.

Have you stuck with the Srixon XV this season? I'm not really interested in trying the TP5x thanks to your and other reviews about spin control issues with shorter irons and wedges, but I'm actually starting to mess around with the regular TP5. I like what I've seen so far. Did you ever do any additional testing with it?

Don't blame me for your poor decisions ;) Seriously the G400 is a good stick I highly recommend it.

Was working a multi-vendor demo day last week; during a lull in foot traffic got to compare a G400 LST 10* with Kuro Kage Dual Core 60X to my Epic SZ 10.5 with Rogue I/O 60X on TrackMan. My impressions and the data generated were nearly identical to what you found. TrackMan was showing the slightest of edges in ball speed and total distance for Epic, but could easily play the G400 and not miss a thing. Best ever sound/feel/looks in a Ping driver, and the G400 just gives you the impression that you have to make a REALLY bad swing to get a bad result.

Ping did a great job with this one you can't go wrong. Epic is just that good but it's getting into silly season and i want to give the Ping a shot before it gets too cold to play. Ping is def holding it's own and wow how good does the head look?

Edel PROTO

I've had that same shaft in play since the spring. Phenomenal. Best investment I made all year. It's the first shaft I've played where you can go as hard as you want or take some off without worry.

Yo Scott!! Yeah it’s a great shaft. Once I get really comfortable I want to do a shootout between the KK and Agera. Before I pull the Cally adapter off the Agera that is 45” I want to see the new Rogue stuff. So probably spring time.

So FYI but here is the hot spot. High, flat, and longggg

Edel PROTO

G400 LS is such a solid driver! I've been thinking of trying the DC in it, might have to give that a try.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

G400 LS is such a solid driver! I've been thinking of trying the DC in it, might have to give that a try.

Compared to your M2 the head will look like a 3 wood ;)

Edel PROTO

M1 440 with the KKDCXT 70TX is silly long too. The shaft is phenomenal. Now I want to try it in the G400 LST haha.

If you're playing the 440 you will enjoy the G400. You will have the same size head but WAY more forgiveness.

Edel PROTO

M1 440 with the KKDCXT 70TX is silly long too. The shaft is phenomenal. Now I want to try it in the G400 LST haha.

If you're playing the 440 you will enjoy the G400. You will have the same size head but WAY more forgiveness.

I kind of didn’t want to hear this haha!

I really like the look of that head though dang it

I've had that same shaft in play since the spring. Phenomenal. Best investment I made all year. It's the first shaft I've played where you can go as hard as you want or take some off without worry.

Yo Scott!! Yeah it's a great shaft. Once I get really comfortable I want to do a shootout between the KK and Agera. Before I pull the Cally adapter off the Agera that is 45" I want to see the new Rogue stuff. So probably spring time.

Fractionally high-toe was the best on my old G30, high forgiving bombs. It doesn't seem to be the same on the Epic.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Yo Scott!! Yeah it's a great shaft. Once I get really comfortable I want to do a shootout between the KK and Agera. Before I pull the Cally adapter off the Agera that is 45" I want to see the new Rogue stuff. So probably spring time.

Fractionally high-toe was the best on my old G30, high forgiving bombs. It doesn't seem to be the same on the Epic.

Epic was pretty center maybe slightly above center for me.

Edel PROTO

I live on the toe side, slightly up so you've peaked my interest Justin. I've never really gotten along with Ping drivers. But like what I've read so far. Dig the look for sure.

Both Cally DBD's were great for me with that hot spot on the G400. Found the M2 did well there too. Agree the Epic sz likes it more centered. It's been good to me this year but tinker time has begun.

Keep the updates coming brother.

I live on the toe side, slightly up so you've peaked my interest Justin. I've never really gotten along with Ping drivers. But like what I've read so far. Dig the look for sure.

Both Cally DBD's were great for me with that hot spot on the G400. Found the M2 did well there too. Agree the Epic sz likes it more centered. It's been good to me this year but tinker time has begun.

Keep the updates coming brother.

My pleasure and try it out you won’t be disappointed especially with your speed.

Edel PROTO

Where did u place the nectar of the gods - Aka the hot melt , tour Juice , al a book glue?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

What's your pay pal - so I can sent u an invoice on this driver I'm about to buy!!!

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

What's your pay pal - so I can sent u an invoice on this driver I'm about to buy!!!

Haha you can send me the head to hotmelt but don't send me an invoice. I only wanted to change the sound and add a little more weight so 2.5g center crown.

Edel PROTO

Epic was pretty center maybe slightly above center for me.

Which is a problem, since I can't find the middle of the face. :taunt:

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Haha you can send me the head to hotmelt but don't send me an invoice. I only wanted to change the sound and add a little more weight so 2.5g center crown.

Oh wow the crown

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM