Jump to content

J13's - WITB- TM Mini 300 TESTING 🔥


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, J13 said:

 

I've hit it indoors already and it's a great head.  I'd love to add it to this test (on course) but unfortunately I can only do so much at once plus this is all done with money from my wallet not some sponsorship.  With that said I will get the TSi3 on course for testing and maybe on trackman.  All in due time.

Hotmelt work can only pay for so many drivers to test.🤣  Maybe its time for a youtube channel.  Looking forward to hearing the outcomes....really like the matching up of shafts for a true test.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BALL TEST WINNER:       In the end, both the Bridgestone Tour B X and Taylormade TP5X are great balls.  The Tour BX is a little better in the durability department but the TP5X is a lit

Ping G425 LST 9* vs Titleist Tsi3 8*  * Ventus Black 6X in both *     Short and sweet:   Distance:  Center strikes the Tsi3 wins.  Off center strikes the LST wins. F

SIM2 Ti 3w vs TSi2 3w   Short and sweet (especially since I typed this out and got some spam redirect and lost it all before I posted 😡)    Titleist Tsi2 15* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, J13 said:

 

I've hit it indoors but I don't count that for much.  I'd love to add it to this test (on course) but unfortunately I can only do so much at once plus this is all done with money from my wallet not some sponsorship.  Maybe once i'm done this test I'll see if I can grab one but we will see.  

 

Totally understand!  I only ask because myself (and others on this board) truly value your input and opinions!  Thanks for all you do here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J13 said:

 

I've hit it indoors but I don't count that for much.  I'd love to add it to this test (on course) but unfortunately I can only do so much at once plus this is all done with money from my wallet not some sponsorship.  Maybe once i'm done this test I'll see if I can grab one but we will see.  

 

Probably best to save it for last Justin. This way we can get all the good info on the runner ups before you fall in love.😉

  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jt2gt said:

Hotmelt work can only pay for so many drivers to test.🤣  Maybe its time for a youtube channel.  Looking forward to hearing the outcomes....really like the matching up of shafts for a true test.

 

haha if I had a setup like some of these Youtuber's I'd do it for sure.  And my shop work covers the disease so my wife doesn't kick me out of the house 🤣  I'm building one particular order for a fellow Golfwrx'er that's all Ping G425 stuff, melted with Ventus Red 7X, 8X, and 9X.  Sick setups.

 

 

5 hours ago, manima1 said:

 

Totally understand!  I only ask because myself (and others on this board) truly value your input and opinions!  Thanks for all you do here!

 

I appreciate that and it's a lot of work but fun to do.  If i had my way I'd have every driver and 3w on the market to test and take them on course.  I'd love that for obvious reasons 😀  Don't worry though, the Tsi3 will get it's shot.  Look at it this way, the TSi3 has a bye into the semi finals.

 

4 hours ago, scottaz said:

 

Probably best to save it for last Justin. This way we can get all the good info on the runner ups before you fall in love.😉

  

 

 

haha Scott whatsup brotha! Its a good one no doubt but this year the OEM's brought the heat.  So many good options, even from companies like Srixon.

  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FAbb said:

Is it still looking like SIM 2 Ti vs. TSi2 for the fairway wood spot?

 

Pretty much yes.  

 

Driver update will be at the end of this week, need 1 more time on course.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • J13 changed the title to J13's - WITB- 2021 DRIVER Battle RESULTS POSTED 3/18

@J13there is nothing like eliminating the left side in tournament play.  I go back and forth between the sim and the g410 lst for that reason.  Sim 2.0 with exact settings as original wasn’t as fade biased for me.  

WITB

 

SIM 9.0 Diamana TB Stiff or PXG Proto X+

XR Pro 18 Speeder stiff

PXG 22 Hybrid Evenflow 80G CB Stiff

Ping I210 or 2020 P770 

Glide 2.0 

Scotty 5.5M with custom welded neck

Pro V1X with Alignment aid

Way too many golf bags, but K1-LO walking and Ping Tour Stand riding

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DaltonSTL said:

Not surprised on the drive results seems like everyone is loving the Max LS and of course G425. Toss in the TSi3 and I think you have the 3 top dogs of this model year. Interested to see how the TSi3 compares. Its at the top of my list. 

 

Agree and i'm seeing that play out in real world conditions.  

 

11 minutes ago, goheels11 said:

@J13there is nothing like eliminating the left side in tournament play.  I go back and forth between the sim and the g410 lst for that reason.  Sim 2.0 with exact settings as original wasn’t as fade biased for me.  

 

 

This 1000%.  I can't have a two way miss as I might as well not even tee it up in a tourney.  IMO, last years SIM was a better driver in terms of spin and fade bias but I didn't like how shallow it was so I didn't play it (although i tested it a bunch).

Edited by J13
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few questions I've gotten more than once via pm

 

 

1. The Ping had the Ventus black 7X while the other two had Ventus Black 6X.  I am hitting the 6X a little further and why I've moved the 6X over to the Ping.  

 

 

2. Yes the TSI3 will have a Ventus Black 6X as well.  

 

3. There's only 1 more head after the TSi3 that i'm interested in trying and that's the Epic Speed TD.  The Epic Max LS was a great performer but it wasn't as fade bias and head has a little bit of a triangular shape.

  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • J13 changed the title to J13's - WITB- G425LST vs TSi3 - Driver Finals

So curious to see your results here.  

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour


[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 6:51 AM, J13 said:

...

 

 

SIM2 Max - Very large footprint and forgiving off the tee. If you primarily use 3 wood for the tee and want some extra forgiveness this is a great stick. 

Sound/feel - Good, no complaints

Distance - Fairly long, it's a TM 3 wood so they don't make short stuff.

Off the tee - This is it's strength, large and forgiving

Off the deck - I found it difficult to hit consistently due to it's size/shape

Verdict - Not for me👎

 

SIM2 Ti - Smaller footprint than SIM Ti (which i had).  I like the upgrade and slightly straighter lines and face

Sound/Feel - Good, solid

Distance - Rocket ship

Off the tee - Rocket Ship

Off the deck - fairly easy to elevate and still goes a long way.  I love the V Steel design

Verdict - I like it and will be in the running 👍 

 

...

 

I am looking to replace my GBB Epic SZ 13.5" but unfortunately, TM doesn't have that in the 3W for lefties...I was fit into an HL Sim2 Max 3W but IDK...it felt good.  The numbers didn't jump out at me but the fitter said "yeah, that's you, bro..." (not those exact words)...I may have to look at a Mavrik or Cobra SZ Big Tour to put in that spot as I like to have a back up for my driver...for those days that I can't remember how to "turn it on".  However, I love the TM feels...I'm torn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 7:37 PM, DNice26 said:

So curious to see your results here.  

 

 

Been busy so it's been tough to get on course over the last week.  I think i know the direction I'm headed but want 1 more round to make sure.  I will definitely get it in this week.

  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2021 at 1:15 AM, El Kabong2 said:

 

I am looking to replace my GBB Epic SZ 13.5" but unfortunately, TM doesn't have that in the 3W for lefties...I was fit into an HL Sim2 Max 3W but IDK...it felt good.  The numbers didn't jump out at me but the fitter said "yeah, that's you, bro..." (not those exact words)...I may have to look at a Mavrik or Cobra SZ Big Tour to put in that spot as I like to have a back up for my driver...for those days that I can't remember how to "turn it on".  However, I love the TM feels...I'm torn.

 

 

Cobra Big Tour was very underwhelming for me.  I wanted to like it but it was all over the place.  Check out the Titleist TSi2 3 wood.  Very consistent 

  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I could tell you which way I went after playing 410 LST/Black 7x  last year but wouldn’t want to influence your decision 😂

  • Like 1

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 6x

TSi3 13.5* / Ventus Red 9x

TSi3 19* / Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100•s 4-P / Dynamic Gold X7

SM8 50, 54, 58 / Dynamic TI X100

620 / MC X-Firm

 

WITB Thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MPAndreassi said:

Well, I could tell you which way I went after playing 410 LST/Black 7x  last year but wouldn’t want to influence your decision 😂

 

hahaha i appreciate that.  I'm playing today so update tomorrow and I'll declare a winner.  

  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the deal re: SIM2 lie angle?  I thought in its standard position, it was as flat as anything/same as past TM drivers at 56*?

[u][b]2020 Bag[/b][/u]
Titleist TS3 9.5 [i]Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S[/i]
Titleist TS3 15 [i]/Aldila Rogue Silver 70S[/i]
Titleist TS2 19 [i]/Project X Evenflow White 90 6.0[/i]
Titleist T100 4-PW[i]/True Temper AMT Tour White S300[/i]
Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 60M 
Evnroll 1.2 34"

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mixxedbag said:

What's the deal re: SIM2 lie angle?  I thought in its standard position, it was as flat as anything/same as past TM drivers at 56*?


it just sits upright for me.  I should have measured it before unloading it. I think it’s also party the design itself. Toe sits high and it plays with my eyes.  Sim2 is good though, much improved over the sim. 

  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • J13 changed the title to J13's - WITB- G425LST vs TSi3 -WINNER declared

I agree with all. The one thing that stands out for me, and you touched on it Justin, it's just easier to shape. I've played a Ping for the past 3 years and could always count on the power fade, with my miss being a little high and weak right. But I couldn't consistently hit a draw, when needed. It was a problem on a few holes per round for me. I could live with the Ping miss but the TSi3 opens doors for me.  

 

The TSi3/Ventus combo is very hard to beat.     

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome stuff, the TSi3 really is a special driver this year.  Sound, feel, looks, and it is very hot.  Surprisingly forgiving on miss hits.

 

I've only had one round with mine, but surprised to hear that it is launching higher than the ping for you.  My 9 degree TSi3 head launches bullets - lowest launching driver I've ever gamed, but that may be due to the AV Raw White TX 2.0 in it as well.  Need some more time with it for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scottaz said:

I agree with all. The one thing that stands out for me, and you touched on it Justin, it's just easier to shape. I've played a Ping for the past 3 years and could always count on the power fade, with my miss being a little high and weak right. But I couldn't consistently hit a draw, when needed. It was a problem on a few holes per round for me. I could live with the Ping miss but the TSi3 opens doors for me.  

 

The TSi3/Ventus combo is very hard to beat.     

 

 

Scott i'm with ya.  Both such great heads, but the Tsi3 is special for the player it fits.  LST is a little more forgiving but Ventus allows me get away with slightly less MOI.  

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, manima1 said:

Awesome stuff, the TSi3 really is a special driver this year.  Sound, feel, looks, and it is very hot.  Surprisingly forgiving on miss hits.

 

I've only had one round with mine, but surprised to hear that it is launching higher than the ping for you.  My 9 degree TSi3 head launches bullets - lowest launching driver I've ever gamed, but that may be due to the AV Raw White TX 2.0 in it as well.  Need some more time with it for sure.

 For me it was higher launching but obviously shaft plays a huge roll in that.  Agree though, Tsi3 is the first titleist driver I’ve played since the 905T

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been thinking about making the switch from my G410 LST to the TSi3 so I’m happy to see you put your testing thoughts here for us J. Like another member mentioned, my Ping driver is unabashedly fade biased. I love to hit a cut, but it’s not the only shot I need. What are your findings launch wise vs the g410? I’m thinking I may need to use a 10* in a TSi3 vs a 9 in the 410. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Breezy-3- said:

I’ve been thinking about making the switch from my G410 LST to the TSi3 so I’m happy to see you put your testing thoughts here for us J. Like another member mentioned, my Ping driver is unabashedly fade biased. I love to hit a cut, but it’s not the only shot I need. What are your findings launch wise vs the g410? I’m thinking I may need to use a 10* in a TSi3 vs a 9 in the 410. 

 

 

G410LST is a great driver, loved mine.  TSi3 launches more similarly to the 410LST but has lower spin.  G425LST launches a little lower for me compared to the 410LST

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • J13 changed the title to J13's - WITB- TM Mini 300 TESTING 🔥

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   2 members

  • Our picks

    • Post in Generation 3 P790 in 2021?
      Post in Generation 3 P790 in 2021?
        • Thanks
        • Like
    • 2021 3M Open - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #1
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #2
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #3
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #4
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #5
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #6
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #7
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #8
       
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #1
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #2
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #3
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #4
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #5
       
       
       
      TaylorMade MG3 wedges - 2021 3M Open
      Mizuno 225 2 iron - 2021 3M Open
      TaylorMade Mini Driver - 2021 3M Open
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2021 3M Open
      New Odyssey putter cover - 2021 3M Open
      Bettinardi wedges - 2021 3M Open
      Rypstick training aid - 2021 3M Open
      Bettinardi putters and covers - 2021 3M Open
      Kuch putting right armlock - 2021 3M Open
       
       
       
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 15 replies
    • 2021 TPC Colorado Champ. @ Heron Lakes WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #1
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #2
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #3
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #4
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #5
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #6
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #7
       
      Titleist T200 2& 3 irons - 2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes
       

       

       
      • 16 replies
    • 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos- Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here.
       
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #1
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #2
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #3
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #4
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #5
       
      Cameron putters - 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic
       

       
       
       
       
      • 15 replies
    • 2021 Travelers Championship - Discussion & Links
      2021 Titleist T100 irons (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      2021 Titleist T100S irons (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      2021 Titleist U 505 (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      Mitsubishi Tensei K series (red, white & blue US Open) shaft - 2021 Travelers Championship
       
      Rickie Fowler's custom Cameron putters - 2021 Travelers Championship
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2021 Travelers Championship
       
      2021 Travelers Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Travelers Championship - Tuesday #2
       
      • 20 replies

×
×
  • Create New...