SeeMore Putters...Here Is The Love!

Golfcat

Love my old FGP i got off ebay on a whim - turns out the square/rectangular lines and the center shaft both result in a putter i can aim...

19189237300_0db8ccda04_z.jpg

I'm intrigued by the counterbalanced - and the Giant version - as i just briefly felt a Cameron counterbalanced model and like the idea.

My Seemore is 34", and i've normally played putters as short as 32". The Cameron was 37" and while ok, it did feel like the top of the shaft was a bit close to the body and could tangle in a not particularly baggy shirt when swung...

I haven't seen Seemore's in Bangkok, unfortunately, although i will be making a trip to the UK in August so could pick one up then...and do make occasional visits to Chicago.

Also very curious about an arm lock version. i have an armlock Bettinardi, not too wild about the double bend shaft and the club doesn't sole when placed against the arm, which seems odd... But that counterbalanced Cameron again seemed to 'fit' in terms of length and weight as an arm lock ( although obviously the loft would likely be totally wrong).

I read somewhere mention that you do an armlock - how does that work? Does it still have the straight shaft and riflescope and then adjusted loft for the forward press?

Thanks.

"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." p. 134

[quote name='coops' timestamp='1435920987' post='11880962']

Love my old FGP i got off ebay on a whim - turns out the square/rectangular lines and the center shaft both result in a putter i can aim...

[/quote]

I'm sure others will answer your questions, but I just wanted to say that I too got a cheap FGP original bronze off ebay on a whim. Turns out it's my best putter - though it's close with my FGP mallet, M3 and M5.

I know we're all curious beings and like to try other stuff, but the FGP has an awesome reputation and it may just be the one.

I use a Superstroke 2.0 which is perfect - 50g and the weight of the grip is even all the way down, so at 34" I'm getting a C9 swingweight, which is OK for a lighter head.

Totally off-topic, coops, but that is a great looking cat. If you were in North America I'd say it was part bobcat, but I don't think those are too common in Thailand.

Cobra F8+ Diamana Blue S
Taylormade M1 15º, 19° Matrix Black Tie S
Royal Collection BBD VS, Shimada S 4-P
Axis1 Tour, 35"
Ben Hogan 51º
Anthem 56°
Miura 59°

Just got an FGP today. Slapped a SS 1.0 on it but was able to remove the stock grip. Haven't taken it to the course yet, that'll be tomorrow, but rolled it well in the store and on my practice mat. Feels a lot like my old bullseye which is the only putter I've ever had any confidence in. Thinking about stripping the black finish (any idea how other than sandblasting) and stamping "THE TERMINATOR" on the face. Just has that badass look to me and that would be a fitting stamp. Also is the black on the lower part of the shaft removable?

[quote name='BuckeyeGolf1981' timestamp='1435977779' post='11885074']

Also is the black on the lower part of the shaft removable?

[/quote]

I'm sure the black on the lower part of the shaft is removable, but it's there for a reason - it's part of the sighting system to cover the red dot when you set up.

My FGP has the opposite problem - the black is flaking off. Any suggestions for the right kind of matt black to cover chrome?

[quote name='pmcuk' timestamp='1435997375' post='11885868'][quote name='BuckeyeGolf1981' timestamp='1435977779' post='11885074']

Also is the black on the lower part of the shaft removable?

[/quote]

I'm sure the black on the lower part of the shaft is removable, but it's there for a reason - it's part of the sighting system to cover the red dot when you set up.

My FGP has the opposite problem - the black is flaking off. Any suggestions for the right kind of matt black to cover chrome?[/quote]

I would say black shrink wrap 3/4 or so from the electrical aisle at lowes Home Depot etc. I used some on an old ping pal as an experiment and it came out pretty good. Only problem is you would have to remove the grip. Not an issue for me because I use air but you may not have access to a compressor. I'm thinking the black on the fgp is a shrink type wrap.

• 3 weeks later...

I love my FGP Giant. It was awesome to the see the video on instagram of you all going wild in the office.

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq Red 8F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w VA Baddazz 70X

Titleist T100 ‘21 4-9 w/ TT X100

Vokey 46* w/ TT X100

Vokey 50, 54 and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

[quote name='SeeMore Putters' timestamp='1437431007' post='11987840']
[quote name='pmcuk' timestamp='1437428905' post='11987638']
I have a question - Which exact FGP did Zach use to win the Open? The brass original, the later version or a more recent milled type?

Absolutely brilliant win, and sounds like a really nice guy.
[/quote]

SeeMore FGP - SeeMore.com
[/quote]

I know it's a FGP, but which? I play an original brass one, with "The Seemore FGP" on the base. After that I believe came the steel face version with "Seemore FGP" on the base. Then there's another with "Seemore FGP, Made in USA" on the base. Then there are the milled versions which I believe are the mFGP ones.

They're also different weights. the brass one is around 320-325 head weight, and later versions are heavier.

I'd be very interested to know which exact one Zach is playing. Since he's had it about 10 years it could be a number of different versions. As far as I can see from photos it has "Seemore FGP, Made in USA" on the base and a steel coloured face, so not the original brass one like Payne Stewart used. He may have gone through a few versions in 10 years maybe.

Then there's like a commemorative version with "Seemore Original FGP" on the sole, which is on the Seemore website, where it says this putter won the 2007 Masters for Zach. That one's 230g.

Then also on the Seemore website there's the PTM1 at 335g where it also says:
[color=#636363]"The Precision Tour Milled (PTM1) is essentially the same special “tour” model that is played by the 2007 Masters Champion"[/color]

[color=#696969]Then there's [size=4] the MFGP SS - Nashville Studio Series........ and the gunmetal model..... and a couple of anniversary models.....[/size][/color]

[quote name='pmcuk' timestamp='1437432230' post='11987974']
[quote name='SeeMore Putters' timestamp='1437431007' post='11987840']
[quote name='pmcuk' timestamp='1437428905' post='11987638']
I have a question - Which exact FGP did Zach use to win the Open? The brass original, the later version or a more recent milled type?

Absolutely brilliant win, and sounds like a really nice guy.
[/quote]

SeeMore FGP - SeeMore.com
[/quote]

I know it's a FGP, but which? I play an original brass one, with "The Seemore FGP" on the base. After that I believe came the steel face version with "Seemore FGP" on the base. Then there's another with "Seemore FGP, Made in USA" on the base. Then there are the milled versions which I believe are the mFGP ones.

They're also different weights. the brass one is around 320-325 head weight, and later versions are heavier.

I'd be very interested to know which exact one Zach is playing. Since he's had it about 10 years it could be a number of different versions. As far as I can see from photos it has "Seemore FGP, Made in USA" on the base and a steel coloured face, so not the original brass one like Payne Stewart used. He may have gone through a few versions in 10 years maybe.

Then there's like a commemorative version with "Seemore Original FGP" on the sole, which is on the Seemore website, where it says this putter won the 2007 Masters for Zach. That one's 230g.

[/quote]

You are right. It says SeeMore Made in USA on the bottom. But like every tour player it is slightly different from a regular production model. In his MASTERS win he did use the Magnesium/Bronze (gold face) 320 gram head. Thanks.

It's interesting that the FGP was the putter the new owners of Seemore "inherited" with the company. Since then the designs have the stamp of the new models firmly on the brand, and nice they are, yet the FGP still comes back to haunt us! Yes - that ugly bit of basic engineering which against all the odds just makes putts.

I don't know if the current designers think of the FGP as the mad woman in the East Wing or whether they wholeheartedly embrace this relic of history. In its milled version it kind of fits in with the newer models, but it's such a unique icon of putting mythology that it pretty much inhabits its own world.

[quote name='theflash0000' timestamp='1437437520' post='11988598']
Question for SeeMore - did you all see a significant spike in sales following ZJ's 2007 Masters win? I picked up my FGP a few weeks ago on a whim and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm curious to see if more SeeMores show up in amateur bags as a result of the victory today.
[/quote]

huge sales increase - then and now - appreciate you making more putts with your SeeMore and telling your friends about it.

The SeeMore MFGP is a great feeling stick especially in the gunmetal finish.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Congrats to ZJ on the Open Championship victory. Purchased a few years back and still my gamer, M1B 385gram head, 30" with a SS Slim 3.0. If the putt is missed, its all on me. Love my SeeMore M1

[attachment=2867954:photo2.JPG]
[attachment=2867958:photo11.JPG]
[attachment=2867956:photo1.JPG]
[attachment=2867960:photo10.JPG]
[attachment=2867962:photo4.JPG]
[attachment=2867964:photo6.JPG]

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

[quote name='evoviiiyou' timestamp='1437572616' post='11998828']
Congrats to ZJ on the Open Championship victory. Purchased a few years back and still my gamer, M1B 385gram head, 30" with a SS Slim 3.0. If the putt is missed, its all on me. Love my SeeMore M1

[/quote]

Gamer looks great!!

Congrats to ZJ and SeeMore on another Major victory. My love affair with these putters started close to 20yrs ago when a girlfriend at the time bought me an original FGP g or a birthday gift, "cause everytime we go in golf store u play with one in there." Didnt have the heart to tell her that the reason was I was trying to figure out how a Pro like Payne could putt with something so hideous. Since she wasnt a golfer, I traded the "thing" as fast as I could. Like most "serious" golfers in the late 90's this new Scotty Cameron putter was a must add to the bag. Having played HS and small college golf and spent time in the PGA Apprentice program, I was a pretty decent player at the time, but putting had always been my weakness. No magic cure with the Scotty, just more of the same mediocrity. Finally I said u know, all those times u played around with that SeeMore, balls seemed to find the hole a lot. Bought another FGP and watched the VHS tape that came with it (how dated is this story???) Bought into the hide the dot method and with lots of evenings spent on a practice green, turned myself into what most people consider a pretty damn good putter today. The girlfriend is long gone but the FGP and 3 of her sisters still reside under my roof...lol. I recently became a fan of the new counter balancing of putters and like most golfers with too much darkness in a 24hr day and a workbench, redneck engineered my own CounterBalanced FGP that has turned into my gamer. If you are already a good putter, a SeeMore may or may not be for you....but if you have struggled as I did, I would encourage you to try one.

[quote name='evoviiiyou' timestamp='1437572616' post='11998828']Congrats to ZJ on the Open Championship victory. Purchased a few years back and still my gamer, M1B 385gram head, 30" with a SS Slim 3.0. If the putt is missed, its all on me. Love my SeeMore M1

[attachment=2867964:photo6.JPG][/quote]
Just curious how you got a seemore that's 385g? Was it a custom order? The reason why I never gravitated towards an fgp was that they were too light for me.

[quote name='SeeMore Putters' timestamp='1437575211' post='11999134']
[quote name='evoviiiyou' timestamp='1437572616' post='11998828']

[/quote]

Gamer looks great!!
[/quote]

Thank you for producing this for me. Its truly a love affair.

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0