Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Interesting how contemporary club head material's don't allow that notable impact mark in the center of the club face, nearly as much as older materials.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Hzrdus Smoke Red 75 5.5
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421419650' post='10756891']
Brunswick precision fm 6.5.....

They are an older JDM set...
[/quote]

yes that's the original .... they will play very close to the project x 6.0.... softer mid and butt section is what it feel like to me... I like them...very smooth compared to PX 6.5

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

When we say blades, are we referring to purely musclebacks or cavity-backs as well?

TM 2017 M1 440 10.5* Tensei Orange V2 | TM 2017 M2 Tour Issue 9.5* Oban Tour Limited 65X Proto
TM 2016 M2 DF Proto 15* Fuji Rombax P75 | TM Jetspeed Proto 15° ZCom 95
TM 2017 M2 Tour Proto 18* Fuji Rombax P75 | TM Jetspeed Proto 19° ZCom 95
Vega VM-02 Raw 3-PW Modus 120 | Vega RAF-CM Raw 3-PW Nippon SPB
Nike Engage TS 56° & 60° | Nike VR Forged 56° & 60°
Byron Morgan DH89 GS | Byron Morgan DH89 Solid Copper
Best Grips MicroPerf

ahhhh face pics, let's do some impact zone bragging!
Clubs are tools to used and abused, treat 'em bad.
Sorry the Miura looks so clean its new to me and haven't hit it much, slammed some rusty old S300 shafts in them, melted the ferrules of course and a mixed selection of old grips that were lying around.
[attachment=2572931:heads_2575w.jpg]

Extra note: I haven't yet played with the Miuras, i thought they felt a bit light, but hit them on the range last night and they weren't bad but do need extra weight.
Lead tape is almost impossible to buy near me but i have some lead flashing used in building houses so i will cut some of that up and glue it on the back and play them today i think.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421436828' post='10758701']
No cbs.

Out of curiosity, How do you like your raf cms?
[/quote]

They're truly one of the best iron sets I've had. I've played a few Titleist MBs in the past and Mizunos, but the Vegas just feel different. It's a heavy hit for sure and launches much lower than the 660s I played previously. Combined with the Nippon SPBs, I think these irons compete against the very best (Miura, Epon, etc.).

I like these so much that I bought a set of raw VM-02s (wanted a set with conforming grooves). Plan to shaft those up with Nippon Modus 120s and have it as my gamer set (with the RAF-CMs as backups). One thing to note about the RAF-CMs...they absolutely shred golf balls!

TM 2017 M1 440 10.5* Tensei Orange V2 | TM 2017 M2 Tour Issue 9.5* Oban Tour Limited 65X Proto
Best Grips MicroPerf

No cbs.

They're truly one of the best iron sets I've had. I've played a few Titleist MBs in the past and Mizunos, but the Vegas just feel different. It's a heavy hit for sure and launches much lower than the 660s I played previously. Combined with the Nippon SPBs, I think these irons compete against the very best (Miura, Epon, etc.).

I like these so much that I bought a set of raw VM-02s (wanted a set with conforming grooves). Plan to shaft those up with Nippon Modus 120s and have it as my gamer set (with the RAF-CMs as backups). One thing to note about the RAF-CMs...they absolutely shred golf balls!

Pin splitter is my new favorite poster. AF tours, screw it, melt the ferules. Miuras, rusty s300's please, perfect for beating up, buy lead tape on the internet? That is for losers, I got some flashing laying around. I agree, tools to be used. I melted bass fishing worm bullet weights and pounded them to shaft shape for when I redid my Vegas. I should have taken pics of my mp 14s and faxon wedge before I refinished them, that was pre wrx days for me. here is the faxon wedge after the range, refinished of course, got a long way to go again to get it back to beat. Sanded the face, and refgrooved, surprisingly it is straight as crap, so all that flat milled crap is crap. This is hand sanded garage style and goes where it should :)

BF1_zps7b1a4395.jpg

Well, blade hunter, you owe $425......that last post was the push I needed. I am such a pig. I haven't even got my Cleveland's yet, and I Ho'ed again. I am so full of shame right now. I must sell taylormades and mp37s to atone for my sins, going on the bay this weekend...I can't even look at myself in the mirror. I am going to get a bottle of vodka tonight and drink my shame away....this injury has made me a worse ho than ever because I can't play, so all I can do is Ho and build in the garage...

I have wanted these since I first saw them a year ago, they look stunning to me. They don't come up often, and Americans ask a ton for them (there is another set on eBay for like $700, bought from same seller I am sure). Last set I stalked had watchers like this one and sold at the next $25 price drop by same seller that is only one that ever comes across them to list I have seen, presumably to one of the watchers, I didn't want to play around for $25. I couldn't find out jack about these, they look to be late 80s/early 90s? If anyone has any info on them I would appreciate it. They should be turn key as I played velvet for years and hopefully like the shafts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231453390087?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

No cbs.

I mentally struggle with the rounded toe. I like a square toe. I bought mine on eBay for $350 in actually not terrible shape, surprised really for the price, but the pics below were my intention from the start. Here is my set:

Vegas8_zps62e741f3.jpg

Vegas13_zps2de98b85.jpg

Vegas12_zps9da94154.jpg

I'll try to get some pics up of my RAF-CMs and VM-02s. They sure do draw a lot of attention whenever I'm playing with someone new.

Best Grips MicroPerf

No cbs.

Pin splitter is my new favorite poster. AF tours, screw it, melt the ferules. Miuras, rusty s300's please, perfect for beating up, buy lead tape on the internet? That is for losers, I got some flashing laying around. I agree, tools to be used. I melted bass fishing worm bullet weights and pounded them to shaft shape for when I redid my Vegas. I should have taken pics of my mp 14s and faxon wedge before I refinished them, that was pre wrx days for me. here is the faxon wedge after the range, refinished of course, got a long way to go again to get it back to beat. Sanded the face, and refgrooved, surprisingly it is straight as crap, so all that flat milled crap is crap. This is hand sanded garage style and goes where it should :)

BF1_zps7b1a4395.jpg

Well, blade hunter, you owe $425......that last post was the push I needed. I am such a pig. I haven't even got my Cleveland's yet, and I Ho'ed again. I am so full of shame right now. I must sell taylormades and mp37s to atone for my sins, going on the bay this weekend...I can't even look at myself in the mirror. I am going to get a bottle of vodka tonight and drink my shame away....this injury has made me a worse ho than ever because I can't play, so all I can do is Ho and build in the garage...

I have wanted these since I first saw them a year ago, they look stunning to me. They don't come up often, and Americans ask a ton for them (there is another set on eBay for like $700, bought from same seller I am sure). Last set I stalked had watchers like this one and sold at the next $25 price drop by same seller that is only one that ever comes across them to list I have seen, presumably to one of the watchers, I didn't want to play around for $25. I couldn't find out jack about these, they look to be late 80s/early 90s? If anyone has any info on them I would appreciate it. They should be turn key as I played velvet for years and hopefully like the shafts.

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

lol you and me both brother! I accomplished mine with a trade though....but I did loose my butt in a way..... I have a 2-pw set of tour issue callaway Razr x MB on the way via good ole Postal office...I have wanted a set for a while ....when this set popped up with the 2 iron head (pretty hard to find) I had to go after them... So I know the feeling... all this while the weather will be good here tomorrow so I can finally get on the course all day (whoppie!) so im sure ill be in love with my 68s all over again and that makes the Callaways an unneeded and expensive display set....

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Great thread. I've been a blade player forever. Currently gaming black oxided mp29's. Have another original set in closet. Also have a a set of tour issue TA1 blades that are great. May have to reshaft them up this spring. Miss my mp14 set. Oh and gave away a set of ta1 gunmetals. ? why oh why..... Stupid. I would love a set of miura 57 baby blades or Vegas. Also had a set of wilson fg 17s which were nice. Have bout pulled the trigger on a couple of mp33 and 14 sets in the last month.

I seriously want to butter a piece of toast with a blade. I just want to hear that crisping noise the toast makes. I can't be the only one...

[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno MP-650 8.5[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- Fubuki alpha 73s, D4[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB5 16.5[/font]° - Kai'li 73s, D5[/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB2 21[/font]° - Fubuki tour 73s, D6
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-32 4-P [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D6 - D9[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-T 51.07[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D9.5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist SM 56.08[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]E0[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sonartec t35 60.09[/font][/size][size=2]° [/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]- PX 5.5 E0.5[/size][/font]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CAN'T PUTT WITH ANYTHING[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bridgestone B330 RX[/font][/size]

BH, those are pretty clubs, I am not a big callaway fan in general, but those are really a set that have appeal. People seem to love them as well. And you just got a set of bridgestones too! My problem is I can't play and I have been worse than usual ho with replacing playing with hoing. On the bright side, I probably am dead even with my last 2 sets compared with greens fees if I was playing scattered seasonal rounds here, so it is a financial wash........It has also been good for my short game because I have been doing a lot of that, but even last night my buddy I play with was like "when are you gonna be good to go" and I am thinking end of February. I could play a round tomorrow I think, I mean hitting a small bucket at the range is a round of strikes, but I have bigger goals this summer and I don't want to rush back or start until I am good enough to beat balls 3 days a week and play once and I am not healed up enough for that just quite yet.

Biggie, you're right, those are the 78 Staffs that CB just picked up, produced from 1978 to 1980. Very similar to the FG17s, which were from 1981 to 1983.

Generally speaking. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

[quote name='kylemd' timestamp='1421468120' post='10761911']
Crap. My very very pregnant wife caught me looking at eBay for blades.... She said I'd be divorced by next Tuesday if I bought another iron set before baby was born......I'm so gonna miss her. Lol. Kidding aside those kids do drain a bank account faster than club hoing.
[/quote]

Ahhahah, that is totally something my wife would say and what I would respond with, hahah.

[quote name='JimNewton' timestamp='1421474560' post='10762363']
I seriously want to butter a piece of toast with a blade. I just want to hear that crisping noise the toast makes. I can't be the only one...
[/quote]

ahahah, I have never ever thought of this but I can't help picturing the fanciest of the fanciest Monopoly guys saying, "Indubitably, yes, quite." while he's doing this.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421495234' post='10763041']
BH, those are pretty clubs, I am not a big callaway fan in general, but those are really a set that have appeal. People seem to love them as well. And you just got a set of bridgestones too! My problem is I can't play and I have been worse than usual ho with replacing playing with hoing. On the bright side, I probably am dead even with my last 2 sets compared with greens fees if I was playing scattered seasonal rounds here, so it is a financial wash........It has also been good for my short game because I have been doing a lot of that, but even last night my buddy I play with was like "when are you gonna be good to go" and I am thinking end of February. I could play a round tomorrow I think, I mean hitting a small bucket at the range is a round of strikes, but I have bigger goals this summer and I don't want to rush back or start until I am good enough to beat balls 3 days a week and play once and I am not healed up enough for that just quite yet.
[/quote]

yea..I pulled the rifle shafts and traded off those J33 heads.... really wanted the shafts.. heads were fine but a good bit of chatter...found a guy who wanted to smooth them out and have them black ox coated...so it worked..got the shafts for Free! ...The callaways I have wanted for a while but main draw was the PX 6.5 flighted shafts... that makes a px 6.5 flighted, a px 6.5 straight in set and a rifle 6.5 set of shafts... Im going to find my holy grail set in there somewhere.... I have hit the flighted 6.5 and love them in the long irons but love the straight in 6.5 in the shorts... Im gonna find the combo that hits the ball through the "windows" I want with each iron... and then stay put ..lol Started back with swing instructor this morning.... set our goals for the year so away we go!

but you don't rush it.... nothing worse than re-injuring oneself and starting over..youll know when your good...don't let anyone push you if you know you aren't there

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I really wish I knew more about shafts, I just don't.

Yeah, The fact I broke it again in October or whatever mid swing at the range from getting back into hitting balls too soon (felt the pop, it was gross and happened in lag just before impact, which thank god was pured to not pour salt on it) has me very, very cautious. I also have a plan to implement, and lots of time before the rates drop and my work has a lull. This particular rib on my right side takes a lot of muscle strain on my way down. I have been 100% healthy by all accounts for a month and a half, but the golf swing puts an uncommon strain there, just a bad luck injury for a golfer. I am going to the range later, I thought about a small bucket, but I may just putt and chip....again..... I probably look like I know what I am doing there, they see me putting and chipping 2/3 days a week and never hitting balls. Hahaha.

I have always been a soul golfer of sorts, and I hate focusing on score, but this summer for the first time ever I am going to be very score oriented. How did you go about finding your swing instructor? How do any of you guys? This to me is the problem. After one bad experience, I am really anti outside paid help, but I am 100% for it if I could be reasonably sure I had a guy that would work with me and what I have. Last guy was real technical, and I am diligent and committed so I followed through some of the changes, and it was a nightmare. Finally got back on track with simple "feelings" I wanted to have depending on the shot. Like staying down, moving weight to my left leg, right elbow close to the body. Just no mechanics, but simple thoughts and feelings. Last guy was wayyy to mechanical for me, not my game. But at the same time, I know I need mechanical help, but it can't be that much, just some tweaks for consistency I would imagine. I am just trying to be weekend good, plenty of not textbook near scratch swings out there.

wouldn't you know it...my mp68s heard that the callaway MBs were on the way and Boom! I had easily one of the best iron striking days in a long time.... 7 iron down I was on fire... not kidding a string of darts into all 4 par 3s ....one 9 iron on the shortest par 3 backed up (down a slope not zipping back) and sat 3 inches from the cup...Ive never made a hole in 1 and ive had this happen twice in a year on the same hole ....The 68s clearly want to stay... lol and they will as long as they behave like that ... Now I know I know it wouldn't have mattered much which I had been swinging...But I don't know if I even want to hit the callaways now..lol

Bigmean on your instructor question.... You just have to shop them until..... until you find the one that gells with your thoughts...Azinger says it best..Its YOUR lesson..YOU control the direction...that's not to say you tell the guy how to do his job..But you ask WHY a lot.... I made that an upfront issue... I fi couldn't question something he wants me to do then its a no go... Now I do 99% if not 100 of what he asks..But I will always ask WHY so I understand the reasoning not just do it because he says so.. That's my personality you have to make it make sense to me and for me or else im not all in.. on anything.. iif you get an instructor whos ego is large enough to not want to explain WHY...Then look for another one.. In short you just have to set forth these ground rules form the get go..before you even start lessons.. He should be interested in your goals and needs before hand.. There are some very good teachers out there ..and there are some clowns who have trouble breaking 80 themselves..

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

That is good advice. Didn't want to come off like a know it all, and I am willing to commit 100% and put in the time! but I need assurance it will pay off, and I think any good instructor that works with single digit guys would appreciate that. I think a majority of instructors are just guys that give lessons to 20s for a paycheck, but I think your idea of asking why or just guaging their interest in me stating my goals is the way to go...

I did hit balls today, about 45 or so. Feel good, really good so I think I can go do that once a week and shake some rust and by end of February be ready to go at it. My goal is to cut my cap in half by Thanksgiving. I was playing to a 7 when I got hurt and was hitting literally 4-5 fairways a round and averaging 2 birdies and probably 9/10 greens. If I can change that fairways number and turn even 2 of the punchy running hook 5 irons from 160 to have a chance to roll up near the green to an 8 iron from the fairway, and tighten up my greens a little by default I am right there.

In other news, the miura 57 blades are seriously the best iron on the planet in my mind. I brought 3 7 irons (miura, palmer, vega). I hit the ball well today. Hit the miura last. Effortless ropes that just fall soft, and my dispersion with it was like +/- 5 yards to the side of the target except for one all out shank where the club turned in my hands at impact because when I get in a groove at the range I have a tendency to grip the club super light, I never do it on course thank God, but it was funny because someone was watching me in between their shots and horrendous shanks are just that much better when other people see them.