Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

On 10/23/2020 at 4:30 PM, Jonesy said:

They Apex feel is different, almost more dense but still really soft, like middling a cricket bat through the covers for 4, feels dense but so pure. 

I was more of an "edge it through the slips for 4" type of batsman. Which, oddly enough, mirrors my recent ball-striking on the golf course.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 1:30 AM, Jonesy said:

You're going to enjoy it! 

They both feel great, the MP68's have that iconic Mizuno soft feel, the ball sort of melts into the face and everything seems right in the world

They Apex feel is different, almost more dense but still really soft, like middling a cricket bat through the covers for 4, feels dense but so pure. 

I must say I think I prefer the Apex... blasphemy I know

So I just got the Apex 7-iron in and I will say, I think I prefer the Apex MB as well.  You really described it well, very solid but soft feel.  Might not be a fair comparison though, the MP68s have dynamic gold s300 and the Apex have Tour modus 120

• Like 1

Another great round for me this last weekend, -4 at the home track. Irons were flawless, I hit 15/18 greens and the ones I missed were on the fringe, really does make a difference hitting greens. So @cb24 definitely get involved with a set of Apex MB! 

On the other end of the spectrum I've switched back to my old 910D3 and I'm hitting so many more fairways, I reckon it's because of the shaft though, Aldila RIP alpha 60x, seems like overly stiff shafts agree with my swing... Might have to try find another one and get it in the 816DD head.

• Like 3

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

5 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

Great round, @Jonesy. Hitting that many greens in regulation is great, but you must have made some putts to go 4-under. Isn't your season just starting? That's some confidence-inspiring form to be going forward with.

Thanks @No_Catchy_Nickname oddly enough I had 30putts for that round, so it wasn't anything special but it was solid. We are lucky enough to play all year through so our season never really ends 😄 We do have our club champs matchplay this coming weekend which I am feeling confident for, just hope the weather holds up as it's rainy season now... 

• Like 2

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

On 10/26/2020 at 7:36 AM, Jonesy said:

Another great round for me this last weekend, -4 at the home track. Irons were flawless, I hit 15/18 greens and the ones I missed were on the fringe, really does make a difference hitting greens. So @cb24 definitely get involved with a set of Apex MB! 

On the other end of the spectrum I've switched back to my old 910D3 and I'm hitting so many more fairways, I reckon it's because of the shaft though, Aldila RIP alpha 60x, seems like overly stiff shafts agree with my swing... Might have to try find another one and get it in the 816DD head.

well done indeed!  I am waiting for the Rose proto club I ordered to compare that against the callaway MB.  I love the look of the rose and would prefer that, but the Apex MB would be great too.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, idontnoh said:

Just joined the blade club after getting a set of MPs for a great price. 700+ pages of reading to do but I'm incredibly excited.

Welcome to the club !

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

On 10/27/2020 at 11:27 AM, idontnoh said:

Just joined the blade club after getting a set of MPs for a great price. 700+ pages of reading to do but I'm incredibly excited.

welcome to the club!  What MP set did you go with?  

also you can into the club on the 5-year anniversary of the thread, that’s reason to celebrate!

Courses reopening after our 7 inches of snow a week and a half ago.  Need to get after it on my reshaft work, get some stuff done to take to the course next week.

Also picked up an Original One in 11.5* loft.  All set to try it with the RIP Alpha 80 that I'd bought to use with my SLDR.  Will be interesting.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

On 10/27/2020 at 3:13 PM, Jonesy said:

Thanks @No_Catchy_Nickname oddly enough I had 30putts for that round, so it wasn't anything special but it was solid. We are lucky enough to play all year through so our season never really ends 😄 We do have our club champs matchplay this coming weekend which I am feeling confident for, just hope the weather holds up as it's rainy season now... 

30 putts is pretty good (it's bloody amazing for me); Don't Tour Pros average between 28~29? And I'd assume they're hitting closer to the pin more consistently for shorter putts overall. 

Looking forward to hear how you get on in the  matchplay tournament. I hated and loved matchplay at the same time. I preferred stroke play medals, but nothing beats winning a good matchplay battle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

Courses reopening after our 7 inches of snow a week and a half ago.  Need to get after it on my reshaft work, get some stuff done to take to the course next week.

Also picked up an Original One in 11.5* loft.  All set to try it with the RIP Alpha 80 that I'd bought to use with my SLDR.  Will be interesting.

7 inches of snow in October??

Mind you, we've been enjoying temperatures in the low 70s here for the past week, but unfortunately I've been too busy to play any golf. That hurts.

7 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

Loving my RIP alpha 60 in the driver at the moment, it's so stable.

Any idea what a modern equivalent shaft would be? 

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

3 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

30 putts is pretty good (it's bloody amazing for me); Don't Tour Pros average between 28~29? And I'd assume they're hitting closer to the pin more consistently for shorter putts overall. 

Looking forward to hear how you get on in the  matchplay tournament. I hated and loved matchplay at the same time. I preferred stroke play medals, but nothing beats winning a good matchplay battle.

Thanks @No_Catchy_Nickname I suppose I can't be too upset if the pros are averaging 28/29! 

I do prefer the strokeplay tournaments as well, I can fall asleep in matchplay cause score is not really important, you can win with a double in some cases 😄 but it can be exciting when you're playing for a team... 

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

6 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

Mind you, we've been enjoying temperatures in the low 70s here for the past week, but unfortunately I've been too busy to play any golf. That hurts.

Yeah, it's been a record setting last half of October.  Earlier this week, we set a record for lowest high temp for that day.

I've been less than excited about the whole thing.  

2 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Loving my RIP alpha 60 in the driver at the moment, it's so stable.

Any idea what a modern equivalent shaft would be? 

I'm sorry to say I don't know.  I haven't kept up on the latest shafts all that well.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

just getting into this "club" of golfers my mp20 blades should be here soon once Mizuno sends stuff out hopefully soon I ordered a couple weeks ago 

SrixonZX7 9.5 degreee, HZRDOUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 60g 

Callaway- Rouge SZ, Hazardous Yellow 6.5 76g 

MizunoMP18 MMC Fli High 2 Iron, C Taper 130x 

Mizuno- MP20 MMC 4-6 1Degree Week, MP20 Blade 7-PW 1 Degree Strong, C Taper 130x

Titlelist- SM8 52 12F, 56 12D, 60 10S, C Taper 130X 

Putters - Evenroll ER2 Black 35.5in 

10 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

We got 12 inches of snow in Fort Collins over the weekend!  It’s melted quickly but they still haven’t opened our course 😞

• Sad 1

On 10/30/2020 at 6:19 PM, Jonesy said:

Thanks @No_Catchy_Nickname I suppose I can't be too upset if the pros are averaging 28/29! 

I do prefer the strokeplay tournaments as well, I can fall asleep in matchplay cause score is not really important, you can win with a double in some cases 😄 but it can be exciting when you're playing for a team... 

I prefer match play. I usually play 14-16 holes like a pro. The others I prefer not to speak of. With match play you can leave it behind. Stroke play, you have to drag them with you. 

• Like 1

Those 4’s look great. 
I really don’t know why I waited so long to try the MP-33 line.  But recently scored a set of heads and put some s300’s in them. They look and play amazing.   Can anyone help with who can refinish Mizuno iron sets?  I know a few options out there.  But really just want the grooves re-worked.  

Taylormade M4 tour 8.5*   Attas 4U 6X

Srixon Z H45  16*

Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW  

Cleveland 588    52,60

Scotty Newport the art of putting

-----------------------------------------

2 hours ago, Marmion said:

I'll add some blade beauty 

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

Some quality sticks there sir 

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

6 hours ago, Marmion said:

I'll add some blade beauty 

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

Nice to see the MD2s in the bag. I played those for until this year, when I finally switched out my 52 and 58 for Cleveland RTX4 Forged, but I'm still hanging on to the 54, 56 (T-grind), and a 58* T-Grind that I bent to 60*. Probably my ideal wedge.

I bought a used latest model of the Mizuno Fli-hi #4 the other day. It came with the revamped NSPRO GH950 Neo shaft with a stiff flex, which is supposed to produce a high ball flight. 

I took it to the range the other day and hit it alongside my normal MP4 4i. Now my normal 4i shaft is an Attas 115X carbon shaft for irons at 38.75" (1/2" longer than standard), and the loft is 24*. The Fli-hi shaft is a regular 38.25", and the loft is 22*.

Here's what was odd. I was seeing a much higher ball flight with the MP4 4i than the fli-hi, much more than could be explained by the 2* difference in loft. 

The GH 950 Neo is supposed to get the ball up in the air, but I was just hitting low bullets. Funny thing is, I wasn't seeing much difference in carry. What's up with that?

As for results, well, overall the fli-hi was easier to hit. I think the shorter shaft helps there (I like longer shafts in my short irons, but not so much in the long irons). But I *want* the ball flight I was getting with the MP4 4i.

One final disclaimer. I had a dodgy back yesterday, so I was only swinging about 75% of my normal swing. May get a higher ball flight with my normal thrash.