Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

1 minute ago, Nard_S said:

For that money, it's a decent buy. Vega's are highly regarded and you can sell them if you don't like them. The other stuff you ballooned up are much more dicey in that respect.

Yeah, the Vega's are very interesting. After reading up, they sound great. My BGD's are due damn near any day. If the Vega's are still around I might have to.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

So they said they could machine it down to a blade, but $50 a head unfinished seems a bit steep for experimentation, so I passed. 

1623118130248.png

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

On 6/7/2021 at 8:12 PM, braincramp52 said:

You're a sick sick man.😂 In a good way.

Just realized that I had forgotten about another set of Wilsons and my Maxfli TM-92 Australian Blades that are lurking behind the door of my office.

I'll be selling the Wilsons (1973 X-31s), but I'm not sure about the Maxflis. Probably should sell them, but they're sooo pretty.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 10:22 AM, azgreg said:

Going to give these a tryout the next week or so.

675B.jpg

These are nice heads. The grips I used suck but that's for another thread. After a few range sessions and a few rounds it's clear I'm more of a players cavity guy. These just might go in the BST soon.

• Like 1

Driver: Adams 9088

Fairways: TM V-Steel

Irons: Maltby TE Forged

Wedges: Acer XB Satin

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

49 minutes ago, meh said:

I just purchased (but haven't received) some srixon z forged. For those that game them, what can I expect?

Don't play them myself but one of my playing partners does, very forgiving for a blade, plenty of real estate down at address, great feeling and a sole that works well if you have a decent negative angle of attack. 

• Like 3

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

Recently played a round with a good friend who had moved away. I didn’t bring my sticks as I didn’t think we would have the opportunity to play a round. Anyway…ended up with a few hours spare so played 18 with my friend and his sticks, a set of Mizuno MMC’s. I walked away after the 18 feeling disappointed, I hit most greens but struggled with these to generate the appropriate spin to hold the greens. Can’t wait to get back to my blades!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

On 6/8/2021 at 7:25 PM, azgreg said:

These are nice heads. The grips I used suck but that's for another thread. After a few range sessions and a few rounds it's clear I'm more of a players cavity guy. These just might go in the BST soon.

Ha, it inspired me and i found a set of Snake Eyes w/  #3i-PW plus  a 52 & 56 wedge. S300, sensicore, descending weight. Original grips. Smith & Wesson forged. I'm silly stoked to have them. There will be a day my wife takes a club to my head when she sees all the iron sets i have, lol.

2 hours ago, Nard_S said:

Right between the (snake) eyes.

..if I use iron head covers, will I need a CCW permit? 🤔

...should these irons be registered as lethal weapons, like my kung fu grip? 🤔 

...so far so good, just posted a 39 on the front, maybe I can break 80 on the back...daaammmn, my shirt is still looking sharp out here...wait, oh crap, did I leave the iron on!?! 😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got my first 18 in with the new MP20's. Can confirm they are amazing.  Seem to dig less than the MP68's and are more forgiving.  Surprisingly forgiving and the shafts are easier for me to load.  Posted a 79 on a course rated at 74.1, so you won't hear any complaints from me.  

• Like 3

TSR3 9° Ventus Black TR 6X - Stealth+ 3W Ventus Blue 6TX - Stealth+ 5W Ventus Black TR 8X - Mizuno 225 4i / MP 20 5-PW Proj X IO 6.0 - Titleist SM9 S200 50.12F 55.11D 60.04T - Rossie White Hot (Circa ~2002...I forget)

Indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

On 6/16/2021 at 9:59 PM, MattC555 said:

spacer.png

Posted this in the delivery thread, but figured I'd throw it up here too.  Waited 7.5 weeks.  These replaced my MP68's.  I'm pretty surprised how much more forgiving these seem vs the MP68 and longer.  The shaft definitely suits me better - Project X IO vs S300, but I think this head is more forgiving.  The 7 iron is .25" longer and 1 deg stronger.  That somehow has added 8-10 yards - 165 carry with the MP68 and 175 carry with the MP20.   Basically a club length everywhere. 

I've been toying with a set of MP20s at my local golf shop. Second hand, but they are a little longer than standard and have S400 shafts, so right in my wheelhouse.

They are really tempting me;so easy to hit. I'm trying really hard not to buy any more clubs until I sell off a few sets, but these are really tempting me. Only 6 clubs (5i-PW), so I'm sure I can hide them somewhere...

Plus I've already got the #4 Fli-hi to complete the set....

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I've been toying with a set of MP20s at my local golf shop. Second hand, but they are a little longer than standard and have S400 shafts, so right in my wheelhouse.

They are really tempting me;so easy to hit. I'm trying really hard not to buy any more clubs until I sell off a few sets, but these are really tempting me. Only 6 clubs (5i-PW), so I'm sure I can hide them somewhere...

Plus I've already got the #4 Fli-hi to complete the set....

Then what are you waiting for? 😂

• Like 1

$$$$

So I hit the Snake Eye's and impressed with the feel. Premium forging in these things. S & W know their stuff. Really dislike the offset, though. If i flatten the lie 2-3 degrees, think the offset becomes less of an issue. Upright lie + offset = lefty land.

Played again and still cannot break 85. Lot's of putter fail. Six putts under 5' with a right miss. It's beyond WTF but I came upon a swing "fix" that had me rocking nice ball flight and springs my step a bit. Intent is to swing through the gate of my body angle at setup. So If my body angle for a PW or driver is what it is at address, I hit the ball holding that very spine angle. Kind of like what you're supposed to do. But I never do that in reality. I  extend, stand up and crash or hope to hell my timing is exquisite. But yesterday, employed this and hit some ferocious shots that were highly controlled. It was quite liberating to swing this way. Even better to do in play and not just practice.

My next club test will be the Tom Lehman 300's. Doubt they kick my 681's out but they offer real nice alternative to classic blades and they have .08" of offset. 🙂

1 hour ago, Nard_S said:

So I hit the Snake Eye's and impressed with the feel. Premium forging in these things. S & W know their stuff. Really dislike the offset, though. If i flatten the lie 2-3 degrees, think the offset becomes less of an issue. Upright lie + offset = lefty land.

Played again and still cannot break 85. Lot's of putter fail. Six putts under 5' with a right miss. It's beyond WTF but I came upon a swing "fix" that had me rocking nice ball flight and springs my step a bit. Intent is to swing through the gate of my body angle at setup. So If my body angle for a PW or driver is what it is at address, I hit the ball holding that very spine angle. Kind of like what you're supposed to do. But I never do that in reality. I  extend, stand up and crash or hope to hell my timing is exquisite. But yesterday, employed this and hit some ferocious shots that were highly controlled. It was quite liberating to swing this way. Even better to do in play and not just practice.

My next club test will be the Tom Lehman 300's. Doubt they kick my 681's out but they offer real nice alternative to classic blades and they have .08" of offset. 🙂

They do look good but see what you're saying about the offset. There is a lot for a forged blade. Instead of bending them flat you could always strengthen the lofts 1-2* which would take off a bit of the offset and would allow you to keep the lie angle standard (if that what fits you lie wise)

1 hour ago, adamnbomb said:

They do look good but see what you're saying about the offset. There is a lot for a forged blade. Instead of bending them flat you could always strengthen the lofts 1-2* which would take off a bit of the offset and would allow you to keep the lie angle standard (if that what fits you lie wise)

Is it not that I have to weaken lofts to reduce offset? They do flight low, maybe it is because of offset? The lie is somewhat upright, more than standard or at least with MB's I own.  It's been apparent to me that I'm a "2 degree flat" guy but I'm lazy & hesitant to have some sets adjusted that way. My Maruman's are flat and they fit peachy. Still the SE are super good feeling, world class in that dept., so I may tweak lie, and perhaps tweak lofts  but I'm very neutral on lofts. Hate weak, hate strong. Would love to acquire a machine to DIY.

EDIT: It is quite possible these irons are tweaked upright and strong either for fit & preference or both. Need to measure. 

Edited by Nard_S

It's the opposite; weakening loft reduces offset.

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

****Bend weaker to reduce offset

6 minutes ago, deejaid said:

I recently sold a set of those S&W forged Snake Eyes here on the BST.  They might be one of the sexiest looking blades ever, but just way too much offset for me.

They may have been yours, lol. Offset is a bunch but the lie is a killer for me. I'm 5'9", With standard lie  have to work to lift handle at impact to evenly take a divot. Or if I "pure it" ball is left of target. Which is fine but I'm draw biased already. With SX irons that are comparably flat hit exact window and the lie is what's doing it.