Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

19 hours ago, lefthack said:

I saw a set of 716's for $400 and that's a chunk less than the others. I think I'll wait until winter and see what's out there.

I'm already in line for the Haywood MB's so it's not like I NEED another set of blades. But you know...  🤣

I don't think there is anything wrong with the 716's.  Titleist made solid blades every year.  I'm not aware of any specific problem with them.  I would gladly own a set of 716 or 718's.   

I agree with Nard that the early 2000's releases were something special and they've stood the test of time.  I own 681's and 695's and like them both.  Very different from each other though. I plan to add a set of 690's when I find the right deal.  

1 hour ago, Joe S said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with the 716's.  Titleist made solid blades every year.  I'm not aware of any specific problem with them.  I would gladly own a set of 716 or 718's.   

I agree with Nard that the early 2000's releases were something special and they've stood the test of time.  I own 681's and 695's and like them both.  Very different from each other though. I plan to add a set of 690's when I find the right deal.  

Yeah, I don't mean to disparage the 7 series, they may be fine but the amount of buzz the 620 gets in comparison is a bit noticeable.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:05 AM, lefthack said:

Having never owned Titleist clubs, are the 716 MB's just not as exciting? They seem to be somewhat cheaper than the 6 series. Was it just a bad year? I don't want my first run with Titleist be awful because I picked the wrong club 

There's a used set of 716s (right-handed) in my local golf shop, and I've hit them a few times in the net. They look great, and I think they are decent blades, feel-wise they are a bit underwhelming. Of course, that's a very subjective thing so YMMV. 

One thing I have to say for Titleist is that they do get the PW right.

20 minutes ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

There's a used set of 716s (right-handed) in my local golf shop, and I've hit them a few times in the net. They look great, and I think they are decent blades, feel-wise they are a bit underwhelming. Of course, that's a very subjective thing so YMMV. 

One thing I have to say for Titleist is that they do get the PW right.

I find the Titleist's some of the best looking blades at address on the market, I just wish they felt as good as they looked!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

Just picked up a set of Titleist 712MBs in excellent condition for $229.  I used to play some of my best golf ever with Titleist blades.  Had a 135 hole stretch where total overall score was +1.   There is a certain joy about playing blades that just never leaves your soul.  

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Titleist TSI2 18 Tensei White Stiff

Titleist 818 21 KBS PROTO Stiff
Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Senita 38 Putter

5 hours ago, craz-e said:

I find the Titleist's some of the best looking blades at address on the market, I just wish they felt as good as they looked!

I guess this is my fear. I think they look fantastic, but I would like to try them first. 

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

15 hours ago, craz-e said:

Are you talking about the 71X series of blades? Haven't hit any of those so I wouldn't know. The 620 MB on the other hand is the only current Titleist iron that actually feels good imo. CB and T series are meh, AP2 felt much better. 

• Thanks 1

Srixon ZX5 10.5° - Diamana TB 6TX

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Ping G430 21° - AD IZ 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno T22 50S, 54D - S400 TI

Vokey SM9 60T - S300

Gamer Putters Son of a GOAT - 326g, 34"

Bridgestone Tour B X

Went out earlier today with the MP-4s with Attas 115X carbon shafts. Conditions were hot and dry, with well-watered greens, so really pretty easy. 

Ball striking wasn't great, still flipping a little, which means I'm basically hitting second shots from the left side of the fairway or left rough, and if I miss the green, I'm missing left. The right side of the course is complete stranger, which is actually manageable.

Hit some good shots. A 9i to a 150y pin on a par 3 to 6~7ft was one of the best, but I didn't make the putt. Everything about it said it was going to break right (slope and grain), but it stayed straight. I'd read that as a left-right breaker every time.

Hardly any serious misses, and chipping and putting were good, so I managed a 39-37 for a four-over 76. Back nine was one bogey and 8 pars....

Still, 3 over for the par threes (including my only 3-putt), and 3 over on the par fives (including one lost ball) stung. 2-under on the par fours took the sting away a little, though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

Went out earlier today with the MP-4s with Attas 115X carbon shafts. Conditions were hot and dry, with well-watered greens, so really pretty easy. 

Ball striking wasn't great, still flipping a little, which means I'm basically hitting second shots from the left side of the fairway or left rough, and if I miss the green, I'm missing left. The right side of the course is complete stranger, which is actually manageable.

Hit some good shots. A 9i to a 150y pin on a par 3 to 6~7ft was one of the best, but I didn't make the putt. Everything about it said it was going to break right (slope and grain), but it stayed straight. I'd read that as a left-right breaker every time.

Hardly any serious misses, and chipping and putting were good, so I managed a 39-37 for a four-over 76. Back nine was one bogey and 8 pars....

Still, 3 over for the par threes (including my only 3-putt), and 3 over on the par fives (including one lost ball) stung. 2-under on the par fours took the sting away a little, though.

I always find the game easier with a one way miss. I always felt good knowing I was coming to the course with a shot I could depend on. Right now I feel like I have that happening. A little fade with the driver and a slight draw/straight ball with the irons. I get in trouble when I start drives left and they go a little more left or I don't get aggressive enough with the irons and they kind of flare.

Sounds like you must have putted okay too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Christen_The_Sloop said:

I always find the game easier with a one way miss. I always felt good knowing I was coming to the course with a shot I could depend on. Right now I feel like I have that happening. A little fade with the driver and a slight draw/straight ball with the irons. I get in trouble when I start drives left and they go a little more left or I don't get aggressive enough with the irons and they kind of flare.

Sounds like you must have putted okay too

Absolutely, and the miss is not too huge now. However, the flip, caused by an early release caused by a block somewhere on the left side, also mens a loss of distance, so today for example I was hitting 8-irons where I'd normally be hitting a 9i or PW, and so on.  I actually left the PW at home in a different bag as well, which led to some fun and games on a couple of holes. 

But, yeah, a two-way is much worse to play with. I've been playing with this flip for a nearly two years now, and while it was unmanageable as a snap/smothered hook, it's now just about usable as an "over-draw".

Putter was good today. 29 putts. Lots from within 6-feet, but many of those I would normally miss. Holed two good length putts for birdie, one of which was about 30ft. That's a one-in-a-year for me. The new putter is paying for itself*

*This is my opinion. My wife will doubtless see it differently.

858815177_RomaroSchoonerPrototypeaddress.JPG.c466d203906dde99fa6cb5d60f434ba2.JPG896978352_RomaroSchoonerPrototypesole.jpg.3c5a229ac52d50ab01aa8c0050cd6474.jpg

• Like 3

I'e

19 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

Absolutely, and the miss is not too huge now. However, the flip, caused by an early release caused by a block somewhere on the left side, also mens a loss of distance, so today for example I was hitting 8-irons where I'd normally be hitting a 9i or PW, and so on.  I actually left the PW at home in a different bag as well, which led to some fun and games on a couple of holes. 

But, yeah, a two-way is much worse to play with. I've been playing with this flip for a nearly two years now, and while it was unmanageable as a snap/smothered hook, it's now just about usable as an "over-draw".

Putter was good today. 29 putts. Lots from within 6-feet, but many of those I would normally miss. Holed two good length putts for birdie, one of which was about 30ft. That's a one-in-a-year for me. The new putter is paying for itself*

*This is my opinion. My wife will doubtless see it differently.

858815177_RomaroSchoonerPrototypeaddress.JPG.c466d203906dde99fa6cb5d60f434ba2.JPG896978352_RomaroSchoonerPrototypesole.jpg.3c5a229ac52d50ab01aa8c0050cd6474.jpg

I've also started looking at new putters. For me, it's for no reason at all. I'm liking the stroke lab Rossies. I made a lot of putts in the local Golf5 the other day... Still gotta put together those Daiwas I got stripped. Probably play next end of August, so - not much pressure...

29 putts though... I bet that doesn't happen often. What did you change beside the flatstick? I don't think I've ever seen a Romaro...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Christen_The_Sloop said:

I'e

I've also started looking at new putters. For me, it's for no reason at all. I'm liking the stroke lab Rossies. I made a lot of putts in the local Golf5 the other day... Still gotta put together those Daiwas I got stripped. Probably play next end of August, so - not much pressure...

29 putts though... I bet that doesn't happen often. What did you change beside the flatstick? I don't think I've ever seen a Romaro...

I've come close to buying a centre-shafted putter before, but always backed off at the last minute because I get a right miss that creeps in with them.

The bend in the shaft in this one gives me some offset, which helps with the push. On long putts (like 30ft and more), I noticed I still get a push now and again, but it's not that extreme, and as I'm only looking to get close, it's manageable. I'll just be a foot or two off-line to the right, but as long as I get the weight right, I'm still close. Putting the ball back in stance on long putts seems to help remove the push as well.

There's also something about this putter that helps me set up comfortably, like I get my eyes in the right position over the ball. But one of the main reasons I only had 29 putts was that I chipped well. Five chips, and the worst left a 5~6 footer (which I made).

So you're next playing at the end of August? Trying to avoid the July/August heat, or just busy? I'm looking to go for a 5.30am start time next week to try and avoid the daytime heat. We finished just before noon the other day, and the heat was brutal. I was watching the Olympic golf earlier today, and I'm sure the players were suffering in the heat. 

Incidentally, Kasumigaseki looks nothing like any of the courses I've played in Japan! Where are the internal OB on every hole??🤣

9 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I've come close to buying a centre-shafted putter before, but always backed off at the last minute because I get a right miss that creeps in with them.

The bend in the shaft in this one gives me some offset, which helps with the push. On long putts (like 30ft and more), I noticed I still get a push now and again, but it's not that extreme, and as I'm only looking to get close, it's manageable. I'll just be a foot or two off-line to the right, but as long as I get the weight right, I'm still close. Putting the ball back in stance on long putts seems to help remove the push as well.

There's also something about this putter that helps me set up comfortably, like I get my eyes in the right position over the ball. But one of the main reasons I only had 29 putts was that I chipped well. Five chips, and the worst left a 5~6 footer (which I made).

So you're next playing at the end of August? Trying to avoid the July/August heat, or just busy? I'm looking to go for a 5.30am start time next week to try and avoid the daytime heat. We finished just before noon the other day, and the heat was brutal. I was watching the Olympic golf earlier today, and I'm sure the players were suffering in the heat. 

Incidentally, Kasumigaseki looks nothing like any of the courses I've played in Japan! Where are the internal OB on every hole??🤣

Interesting. Isn't it funny how much it comes down to simple things like getting the eyes in the right place. I always try to have it so my eyes look out at the ball, ever so slightly. I don't like them directly over the ball because I never would want to have my eyes looking back, if that makes sense. That's when things start to get awry.

As far as golf - yeah, it's too bloody hot. I've never enjoyed hot, summer golf all that much - In Canada it feels like the weekend from mid June all the way to the beginning of September... Unless I can get a tee-time at the beginning of the day, it's not worth and then I am tired all day. The 3 girls in my house will tear me apart, if I try it now I think. And Japan is much worse for heat. I played a few times in the Summer that were downright dangerous.

I do get to the range. I'm really enjoying the Pro-82 for mbs. They are competing with the Mr23 Cb for bag time. But, it'll probably be September, before I get near a fairway. So far, I've only played once this year. Crazy to think about it... The last time before I played in May was September too.

The Olympic course - I think they take the OB states out for pro tourneys a lot. The white stake - I don't know the reasoning behind having so many. I don't think it's all about penalizing. It's more about speeding up play. It's unfortunate because it takes out the miraculous recovery which is a huge part of the game. Hitting a sky high wedge/iron or bending one low around trees is an art that people here don't get to appreciate. I can't tell you how many times I hit a ball out of bounds and then actually hit the next shot and have a reasonable chance at par or bird - and it doesn't slow down play. I always figure, if I can find my ball I can make a par. The course is really nice though.

So far this season I have yet to put two good nine's together. Got to admit, fatigue and being generally out of shape plays a big role. So I decided to rent a cart that follows you around. Have to say I loved it. Thing stays 4 feet behind you, flip a toggle switch it locks down, Flip the switch follows you like a dog. Funny did not change my fortunes, I still can't put a solid 18 together, lol but for $20 it's the best way ever around a golf course. Funny too, I was still tired after the round.

I played garbage for a 43 on front, so on back I go +1 first 5, okay, I'm in, push a tee shot into the woods pull a double, I throw rest of 4 holes in the dumpster.. Arghh!

At this point my troubles are between the ears because I blow a hole or even a shot later in round, I'm ready for AC and beer because playing for scores I've hit a zillion times just blows. I have to find a new motivation because "score" is not it for me. I'll figure that out with my sports psychologist or maybe not, but for sure though, robot following me will probably happens a lot more. But truth is carrying a bag does not kill game near as much as popularly thought. Poor attitude is another thing altogether.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 4:39 PM, deejaid said:

Was at the range today and was absolutely puring my 40 year old Spalding Top-Flite irons.  Just a great range session after having one of my most horrendous sessions yesterday.  Anyway,  the kid working the range comes by, looks in my bag and says “I love those irons”.   

I was shocked.  Most people don’t even notice my bag as it isn’t flashy, and if they do notice it is to comment on the age of my clubs.  Felt good to see a young guy think my clubs were cool.   Hell, I think they are cool!

There's an interesting thing happening right now.  Tons of young people came into the game due to COVID and don't have the money to front a full set of new clubs.  Tons and tons and tons of relatively inexpensive old clubs out there, and a youthful disregard for tradition (collared shirts etc) means that there are a lot of young players going their own way, and that means thinking old clubs are cool.  There are probably lots of younger players that think your clubs are cool.  I'm younger than your clubs and I do as well!

• Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:39 PM, deejaid said:

Was at the range today and was absolutely puring my 40 year old Spalding Top-Flite irons.  Just a great range session after having one of my most horrendous sessions yesterday.  Anyway,  the kid working the range comes by, looks in my bag and says “I love those irons”.   

I was shocked.  Most people don’t even notice my bag as it isn’t flashy, and if they do notice it is to comment on the age of my clubs.  Felt good to see a young guy think my clubs were cool.   Hell, I think they are cool!

87BF1C00-5605-4163-B042-6B8C0A77AF00.jpeg

Awesome!  Love the Top-Flite's and it's always cool when someone compliments the OG WITB.  Had a kid ask me about my CB92's...he hit one solid and said he'd never felt anything close.  🙂  Serious question: does Howard Hessman play golf?

• Like 1

Ping G410 Driver
Cally Epic 4 Wood

Founders Club 200 Series MBs or BeCu Ping Eye2 or MacGregor CB92s, Ping Eye2 SW

Ping Zing2, MyDay in BeCu or Goodwood SS Sunday

I game the baby blades. Have since 2016. Used to be single digit (7) but now at 42 and back from a 3 yr break from golf I’m having a hard time with my ball striking. Today I hit 64% of fairways but 22% GIR. Sigh. Second shots were terrible. 

I’ve been mainly focusing on the driver and 3w (both new this year), going to the range 3-4 days a week. Going to focus on irons now esp 8 iron on down. 

It gets better right? Worried I may have to get lessons or cavity backs. 😭😭😭

On 8/1/2021 at 9:08 AM, Christen_The_Sloop said:

The Olympic course - I think they take the OB states out for pro tourneys a lot. The white stake - I don't know the reasoning behind having so many. I don't think it's all about penalizing. It's more about speeding up play. It's unfortunate because it takes out the miraculous recovery which is a huge part of the game. Hitting a sky high wedge/iron or bending one low around trees is an art that people here don't get to appreciate. I can't tell you how many times I hit a ball out of bounds and then actually hit the next shot and have a reasonable chance at par or bird - and it doesn't slow down play. I always figure, if I can find my ball I can make a par. The course is really nice though.

I agree that the internal OB is more about speeding up play than penalising. I'll add one more: in some cases it's about safety, or keeping players from wandering into steep ravines and the like.

But it's really frustrating to be "out of bounds" and yet in the boundaries of the course and completely able to play the next shot.

As an update, I had reshafted some quality used 620 MBs for my son, 17 years old.  Summer season has ended for him and he won 3 of 7 tournaments where he finally played them and rest were top 5 finishes.  GIRs went up and scoring average dropped.  

Son said they aren't any more of a challenge for him to hit than the T100s he has.  Distance is a bit less due to loft but spin and distance control are superior.  Also likes how a blade doesn't get deep into the turf and gets in and out of it quickly.  Latter being key for him so he can accelerate hard through the ball and not have to worry about an abrupt stop in the ground that could cause injury.  

He is now one of the converted 

• Like 4

Finally finished pulling the shafts from my Golden Rams, as part of my reshaft project.  Letting them cool, I'll probably assemble them tonite.  Yay me.

About bloody time...    LOL

• Like 4

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I dropped by a second-hand golf shop today, and found a few interesting sets. First was a 3i^PW set of Mizuno MS-801, which are fairly rare because they were only made for a year. Very similar to the MS-2, they feature a bit of a what I think is called a reverse muscle, whereby the top half of the muscle bad is thicker than the bottom, like the Cobra Greg Normans.

Anyway, I'm not looking to buy new irons, and the DGR400 shafts weren't enticing either, so I passed.

Next was a 3i-PW set of Nike VR TW irons. The odd thing was that the "TW" was only on one club, the six iron IIRC. I thought the whole set had the TW stamped on the back? Anyone got any information on these? I tried the 6i and it felt beautiful, but I'm not looking to buy new irons, and the DGX100 shafts are a bit too much for me now, to be honest.

Last was a set of Titleist 681 T irons, 21-PW. Damn, these are pretty. But like so many pretty things, also very demanding. I'm not looking to buy new irons, but the DGS400 shafts are fine, and they would look mighty fine in the bag....

1 hour ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

But like so many pretty things, also very demanding. I'm not looking to buy new irons, but the DGS400 shafts are fine, and they would look mighty fine in the bag....

Funny the best looking shots I hit yesterday were two #6i's w/ DG S400. My 681's have Rifle X which are heavier. One was with my back against a bush on a fade lie, needed to run a draw from 160 to a +1 club elevated green. Put the ball 15 feet directly past the stick.

My season is milk toast and my conclusion is since I'm not ingesting a minimum of 250 balls a week at the range, I'm too soft for TX shafted 681's. My range ratness is derived from my son's excursion to playing high level AAU ball. This meant 20 hours a week, driving him to practice 45 minutes away and hanging out for 2 hours. So hence, lots of range time. He got his license and that ended that fun. And I mean it was fun and a joy He's done with all that and the upshot is we're driving him to a college this week that wants him on the team, so I guess it all worked. But my game is not the same without the fitness of mega buckets. So I'm backing down on gross weight and going with an S400 setup with average club dropping 8 grams. VR Pro II w/ new grips or fresh epoxy on my Maruman SZ's get the call. I have T-stamps w/ S400 but if diet remains soft at 100 balls a week, it's a no go. I hope to hit the gym and the range a lot more in the coming months but work and home renovation plans may thwart all that. Cheers.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

Funny the best looking shots I hit yesterday were two #6i's w/ DG S400. My 681's have Rifle X which are heavier. One was with my back against a bush on a fade lie, needed to run a draw from 160 to a +1 club elevated green. Put the ball 15 feet directly past the stick.

My season is milk toast and my conclusion is since I'm not ingesting a minimum of 250 balls a week at the range, I'm too soft for TX shafted 681's. My range ratness is derived from my son's excursion to playing high level AAU ball. This meant 20 hours a week, driving him to practice 45 minutes away and hanging out for 2 hours. So hence, lots of range time. He got his license and that ended that fun. And I mean it was fun and a joy He's done with all that and the upshot is we're driving him to a college this week that wants him on the team, so I guess it all worked. But my game is not the same without the fitness of mega buckets. So I'm backing down on gross weight and going with an S400 setup with average club dropping 8 grams. VR Pro II w/ new grips or fresh epoxy on my Maruman SZ's get the call. I have T-stamps w/ S400 but if diet remains soft at 100 balls a week, it's a no go. I hope to hit the gym and the range a lot more in the coming months but work and home renovation plans may thwart all that. Cheers.

I can believe that the 681 T-stamps require lots of range time. 

I know that many golfers find blades really unforgiving, but I think that does many blades a disservice. I don't find my MP-4s any harder to hit than my friends Honma CBs, which I tried alongside my MP4s a few times now. The sweet spot doesn't seem very different, and the distance loss on mishits is about the same.

But those T-stamps...they're something else. Hit the sweet spot, and the ball cannons off. Miss a little, and the ball speed just seems to plummet. I'm kind of keen to get them just so I can find out how demanding they really are.

And congratulations to your son.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

ut those T-stamps...they're something else. Hit the sweet spot, and the ball cannons off. Miss a little, and the ball speed just seems to plummet. I'm kind of keen to get them just so I can find out how demanding they really are.

And congratulations to your son.

I have hit my T's once and they are a tiny bit more demanding than 681's. Blown away with the short irons, even the mids, (T wins over 681) the longs are challenge (681's win). To me what makes them & 681's " hard" is the added mass. I'm gonzo for heavy but these are near top of the range heavy. Lots of reps needed. Great clubs though. They will get bag time someday. I'm fine with my 681's on the range, flat lie, no walking, just chilling on good rhythm, I can do it. On the course, funky terrain, fatigue, interruptions by rhythm of round, changes the alchemy. I lose that artsy fartsy feel that "my good golf" kind of requires, I get armsy and slashy when it's not all needed. The shot I described above is all feel, not sure if that was happening w/ a 681 /7.5 Rifle. Cake with VR ProII w/ S400 though. My all time best ball striking was attained with the S400 shafted Maruman's which come in about 8 grams lighter, VR Pro with corded 58g grips pretty much matches that too.

Thank you on my son, we are super happy for him. He's 5'8", 135 lbs. has a 39" vertical. College is D2 school. His coach taught him ball the right way. My son has a lion's heart, it shows in his play, so credit ultimately goes to him. My personal pride is that I let it happen, I did not make it my dream, made sure it was his and his alone. Just supported it. Funny my passion for golf was fueled by serving his passion, which is something I will always cherish.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 4:19 PM, NRJyzr said:

Finally finished pulling the shafts from my Golden Rams, as part of my reshaft project.  Letting them cool, I'll probably assemble them tonite.  Yay me.

About bloody time...    LOL

Because its me, I decided to switch tracks.  I'm reshafting my TW282 set, instead.  Have about half the clubs taken apart, will finish that soon,and on to the RIP Tour shafts.

I guess it's taken this long, why not.  LOL

• Haha 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors