Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

4 hours ago, Christen_The_Sloop said:

The first few are the satin and the last two are the chrome. I took the chrome out to the range on Monday and hit a couple hundred balls. I didn't intend to, but there was some deal at the range. I ended up playing a couple rounds on the skytrack and beat my pb on two courses. I brought the founders and my tourstage mr23 us cbs. I didn't hit one with the mr23s which says something. The founders have a slightly larger head and squarer bottom line, the chrome's face is slightly lighter which really helps depth perception and is really appealing (anything to help the focus, right?).

Anyway, they'll go in the bag for my next game, which creates problems at the top and the bottom end of the bag with gapping. 23' 3 iron and 49' pw. The blade 3 and 4 are pretty and pretty inconsistent. I'll probably keep them in for a little while, but realistically I'm looking for some help there... as for the bottom I might throw in my original Miura 54' and then stick with the same 60. No problems with the 6-Pw in the founders though. Slightly shorter than the Mr23, but man do they feel good. Might have to keep working on them long irons.

Image(33).jpeg

Image(32).jpeg

Image(31).jpeg

Image(29).jpeg

Image(28).jpeg

Image(27).jpeg

I’ve added a newly purchased SIM DHY as my hybrid🤣at 19* to help the gap with my 23* 3 iron. We shall see in today’s regular Wednesday morning shamble how it fares. Only get hit on the par 5s pending who I’m teamed with today. Our son is usually driver, 4/5 iron out on par 5s at the regular course we play. 

On 11/22/2021 at 9:15 PM, Christen_The_Sloop said:

https://sports.dunlop.co.jp/lgolf/products/clublibrary/iron/?rt_bn_recommend_list_skip=&rt_bn_golf_category_list_skip=100

Bottom of this page and the next will cover you for all but the DP101.

I have a set of the DP201, the DP601 and the DP30 (JP Aussie blade). All very nice sets. Had a set of the DP212 though... that was a mistake. Way too much offset. The DP601 have the same finish as the Miz Super 11. They loved that gold hue back in the day. They do feel sweet.

Do any of the series you have contain the reverse offset in them? 

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

On 7/17/2021 at 11:52 PM, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I agree that the r58s don't seem to come up much now, as I have been looking to get an idea of popularity/pricing. However, there's a 6i-SW set of r58s on auction at the moment, which I'm following out of curiosity. I think the seller started at ¥16,000, got no bids, so has since dropped to ¥12,000. Still no bids. Maybe a full set would get more interest.

Good to hear about the stripping job (!?). So far, I've only one wedge I want doing, but that will change. Once I've got a few more I want doing,

Dreaded double post. Grrr.

Edited by PeanutsDaddy
I am simple.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

1 hour ago, Kingcat990 said:

Do any of the series you have contain the reverse offset in them? 

The one's I listed no. You can see that the DP212 have a low number face progression (フェースプログレッション).  That means a lot of offset. The MR 23, which are really nice have 4.15 in the long irons and 5.25 in the 9 and W, which is virtually no offset. The 201 are 4.5 in the long irons and 5 from 7 on down. Nice! The 601 are constant 4.5 through the set, so the short irons appear to have a little more offset, but it's not that bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Christen_The_Sloop said:

Welcome to the R58 club. 

You were one of the influencers : ) 

• Like 2

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

59 minutes ago, OsnolaKinnard said:

I recently started gaming an older set of Ram FX Tour Grinds with the 5.5 Fm steel shafts. 

I wish I could say that I am some super player and like to shape shots amd control the ball, but that is crap.  I am just not that good.

I was gaming a set of Edel SL 01 irons and love them.  2 years ago Inwas diagnosed with renal cancer and 3 surgeries later I have no kidneys and am a peritoneal dialysis patient.  In the past 6 months I have lost about 45 pounds...most of it muscle. I simply cannot swing the club as fast as I did a year ago.

I started noticing that none of my clubs felt very good at impact and I was about a club short on my irons.  I took lessons...had rhe pro watch my swing etc.  He handed me a regular flex club amd the improvement in feel and ball flight was immediate.

Getting my Edel's rebuilt is cost prohibitive so I swapped out th4 shafts in my driver (tsi2) and acquired a Ping 3 wood with r flex shaft and then threw my Rams in the bag.

They are very demanding clubs....do not miss fat, or they dig like a plow behind a team of mules....hit them well and they are incredible!  I like to describe it as a "smoosh/click"...and I get a nice high ball flight...tight little draw and great results. 

The shafts fit me perfectly and feel great.

I know this is a blade users thread, but I also changed my Smoke RDX black 6.0 for a Blue Rdx smoke in 5.5 amd had great results as well.

My scores have not impeoved...yet....but they have not gotten worse either.  My confidence in these irons grows with each round....and the short game...chipping sndnpitxhing with the 7 iron to PW IS A JOY.

Like I said....I love my Edels and had I not lost my strength and speed...the Rams would be in the closet...but I really do enjoy playing with these.

I am thinking of finding a set of MP20s or something s bit newer for giggles...but man...I do love the feeling of hitting these on the button.

If I'm not mistaken those are made with nickel (maybe cast, like Maxfli Revolution, A55?) Those would be one of the softest irons out there. 

The Precision FM are also a very sweet shaft. I have the 6.5 in some Mac Pro82s. They really make for playable long irons for me. 

6 hours ago, Christen_The_Sloop said:

If I'm not mistaken those are made with nickel (maybe cast, like Maxfli Revolution, A55?) Those would be one of the softest irons out there. 

The Precision FM are also a very sweet shaft. I have the 6.5 in some Mac Pro82s. They really make for playable long irons for me. 

These are the forged in USA model that were played by Nick Price, not the cast nickel variant.  I had a set of those way back when…and they were nice clubs as well.  Very VERY soft, especially with the sensicore shafts they had.  Here is a picture of my bag.

I was a huge fan of the original Royal precision rifle shafts and the “real” project x shafts…these are similar to the original rifles in terms of feel and performance.

71041E5E-265D-43FB-B15F-8AF03A4454BD.jpeg

Edited by OsnolaKinnard
  • Like 1

Anyone here have experience pairing Mizuno blades (or other blades) with Steelfiber shafts. Considering some Steelfiber 110 for my Mp-20s (+1/2 over length). But don't want to go too light or get my launch too high. Coming from Modus 120. 

Mizuno Stg 220 / Rdx Blue

Mizuno Stz 3w 5w / Rdx Black

Mizuno Pro 225 5-G / Project X

Miura Milled 52 56 60 / Project X

Mizuno M-Craft VI / Titleist Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Tupperwolf said:

Working part time in a golf shop has opened up a whole new world of feeding my love for equipment, I pulled out the X100s in these blades and installed some Pure'd Elevate Tours with BB&F ferrules 💖

PXL_20211215_211602999.jpg.b37c47642dabb1798e8d5bfe6e2f26d8.jpg

PXL_20211215_211625391.jpg.c8cd501f0a9c79306c7655acdd878786.jpg   

I played a set of those for years with S300’s.  They felt really soft. Made an ace with the 7 iron. 

• Like 1

Taylormade M6 9.5*   Attas 4U 6X
Srixon H45   16*    Kurokage

Callaway Apex MB 18 raw - 4-PW Modus 120X 

Titleist SM8 - 52,56,60

Switch hitting with the PROBE
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/

16 hours ago, Kingcat990 said:

Recently came into a couple of sets of blades. Big thanks to NCN, Nard, and CTS for the wealth of information they have provided. My wife bought me a 2-SW set of Mizuno MS7's here locally from a pro (still looking for the 1 iron). I had never seen them before, but a quick message to NCN yielded more than enough information that I could otherwise not be exposed to. One of the more beautiful sets I've had my hands on. As my wife was buying those, I was already in search of some older Marumans (thanks to CTS) and got my hands on a 3-SW set of 304E's. Which again, a quick message to Nard yielded more information than I could find. The cambered soles is what sold me. I ended up grabbing a few 6 irons from a few sets (raw Tourneys, Masdas, Jbeams, MS7's and 304E's) and noticed some resemblance in the faces of the Mizunos, Marumans, and Tourneys. I was timid with the Marumans considering their history of offset, but found this set to have a very standard and marginal amount. They appear to be unhit and have sat in their box since product inception. The Jbeams have a reverse offset that descends through the set which is really not easy to get used to but has been a funky set to play the last few months. 

20211218_154837.jpg

20211218_155151.jpg

20211218_155258.jpg

Those MS-7 are perfect. I need a set 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2021 at 9:08 AM, Kingcat990 said:

Recently came into a couple of sets of blades. Big thanks to NCN, Nard, and CTS for the wealth of information they have provided. My wife bought me a 2-SW set of Mizuno MS7's here locally from a pro (still looking for the 1 iron). I had never seen them before, but a quick message to NCN yielded more than enough information that I could otherwise not be exposed to. One of the more beautiful sets I've had my hands on. As my wife was buying those, I was already in search of some older Marumans (thanks to CTS) and got my hands on a 3-SW set of 304E's. Which again, a quick message to Nard yielded more information than I could find. The cambered soles is what sold me. I ended up grabbing a few 6 irons from a few sets (raw Tourneys, Masdas, Jbeams, MS7's and 304E's) and noticed some resemblance in the faces of the Mizunos, Marumans, and Tourneys. I was timid with the Marumans considering their history of offset, but found this set to have a very standard and marginal amount. They appear to be unhit and have sat in their box since product inception. The Jbeams have a reverse offset that descends through the set which is really not easy to get used to but has been a funky set to play the last few months. 

20211218_154837.jpg

20211218_155151.jpg

20211218_155258.jpg

Since I grew up playing in the late 90's I've always been intrigued with Conductors. They had a kind of mythic status. Woosnam, Strange, Olazabal all bagging them at one time or another... Just about everything else you could see at the old club - Mizunos were pretty rare over in Western Canada, but you saw the odd set, gleaming away. You'd see a lot of Wilson, Hogan, the odd Maxfli, occasionally a Titleist, but a lot of Tommy Armour 845 and Eye2s. Maruman were essentially Unicorn. I had a set of Ping Eye2s to start, which I don't think is a bad idea. I played them for about 3 years and they even got long in the tooth, so imagine how a soft forging would have faired?

I finally got a set a few years ago of YA and they were so sweet, and I count that set among my biggest selling regrets, maybe the biggest. The other 3 sets I now have are really nice, but they don't meet my personal preference near as much... Just looked - the 41CX.. They were stout, shorter blade length. So, that's probably the set I'll end up with after all others.

But, those 304e are really nice. If I am not mistaken they were played by Curtis Strange. I do have a set of straight Conductor Pros (no number) they are simialr to the 41CX, but slightly longer blade and more offset. I actually found them with X100s, so I haven't sold them yet - anyway, they came out at the same time as the 304e, along with one other. I found an old advertisement for them in a magazine here in Japan. I will try to find it. 

The Mizuno are nice too. Coincidentally Macgregor Japan put out the R68 which is a Miura-image of them. That might explain the similarity between the Mizuno and the Conductor. 

Edited by Christen_The_Sloop
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2021 at 4:08 PM, Kingcat990 said:

20211218_154837.jpg

20211218_155151.jpg

20211218_155258.jpg

My goodness, those Conductor 304’s might be the most perfect shape head I’ve ever seen.   I’m scouring eBay for a set immediately!

• Like 4

The bag...

Tour Edge ESX Pro driver/ Evenflow Black

Louisville Smart persimmon 3, 5 woods

KZG Forged CB 3-PW KBS TGI 95

KZG Forged 52*, 56* KBS TGI 95

Spalding brass custom milled putter

On 12/14/2021 at 11:50 AM, Kingcat990 said:

Who here has played Golfcraft Continental/Coronado irons? I know you guys won't disappoint. That's the epitome of iron shape IMO. Read that Titleist bought them in the 70's 

I've an almost complete set of Joe Kirkwood Personal Model irons, which were also made by Golfcraft, and I think date from around the same time as the Coronados. Nice looking iron, but they have aluminium shafts (dating them to about 1968~71), which feel a bit funky. 

Nice head shape, and funnily enough not totally unlike my 1979-80 Titleist Tour Models...

832606090_GolfcraftJoeKirkwoodlineup.jpg.24bb0e2111ae04f2622f599a23a697f9.jpg1725125085_GolfcraftJoeKirkwoodPWback.jpg.31ed33c58ca4fbbb9fc229cf66209b69.jpg

1118828931_TitleistTourModel5iback.JPG.b8ebdb977ca675ee039308590029ee1d.JPG

Edited by No_Catchy_Nickname
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2021 at 9:08 AM, Kingcat990 said:

20211218_154837.jpg

20211218_155151.jpg

20211218_155258.jpg

Those MS-7s look to be in great condition👍

I'd also like to get my hands on a set of 90's Conductors (and some Daiwas, for that matter), but I'm running out of storage.

OK, I've run out of storage.

3 hours ago, Kmagnuss said:

I did a 'taste test' out on the range yesterday between my MP33's, MP20 (MB), and 718 AP2's.... the 33's are back in the bag.  I have no idea why, but I just mesh well with them.  (no pics... sorry.)

I think I'll get them refinished someday... maybe.

-Mag

Be a they just work!

3 hours ago, Kmagnuss said:

I did a 'taste test' out on the range yesterday between my MP33's, MP20 (MB), and 718 AP2's.... the 33's are back in the bag.  I have no idea why, but I just mesh well with them.  (no pics... sorry.)

I think I'll get them refinished someday... maybe.

-Mag

MP-33s timeless design if you ask me--- I played a set for a couple of years that were half worn out when I got them and between me playing and or practicing them darn near every day I finished them off. The sand and salt environment I live in did not help either. Went back to Mac blades which I have plenty of and have played most of my life

• Like 3

Driver--- TM M-6 Evenflow 65gm R set to 9.5

3W  TM V-Steel 15* bent to 14 NVS green Aldila 65gr R

7W TM V-steel 21* Ust Pro Force Gold 65 R

Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs--- Steelfiber 95 R shafts

GW  Ping Eye2 + Cleveland wedge shaft 51* 

SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind -- Modified grind to 10* KBS Wedge shaft

Putter Rusty Scotty Sante Fe Fluted Bullseye shaft--- No it aint going no where

Bag Old TM R-7 stand freebie works good on range and cart

Balls Some kind of Srixon since I have won so many-- Hey new freebies hit good