Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

"Had not joined this site and knew MB was the devil". AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .

The crux of the argument that is so hard for people to believe, is that score is not effected at a certain point of being decent at golf. I know it doesn't effect me and you and gaucho are a lot better. I mean, I hit some bad shots on the range. If I played, and played same round of striking, and I hit a 7 fat with my blades and it goes 150 to a 170 green, does it really matter if a cb would have gone 158? I am still looking at up and down. Bad shots are more effected by your lie and green to work with than distance, of which, cbs don't manipulate the course itself last I checked. And to boot, my good shots are better. I would rather get up and down from 8 yards further on one hole in trade for a birdie putt 4 ft. Closer the next hole. I don't know how this is not more widely accepted.

Big box salesman are terrible. And don't think for a moment that different brands don't have different margins, ergo, more incentive to push TMag over say mizuno. I would be willing to bet Tmag has better incentives to move volume......

Started with Adams MB2 Last season, went to a cb for the first time. No real difference in scoring so I picked up a new set of Fourteen FH-1000'S. Cant wait to get them on the course in the spring.

MP 14's here. I am a high 70s low 80s player. I have been playing the same irons since high school (35 now). I really want to change but never pull the trigger. I just love the way my irons look & feel. I bought some J38cb and promptly sold them. Pretty stupid really, they are great irons. They just aren't my irons. I actually really like the S55's but something always holds me back.

Hey Bigmean, I read somewhere in one of your threads that you have raw MP 14's. How has the wear been on those? I am seriously considering doing that to mine. Pics would be much appreciated.

My mp 14s.

Needles to say they were beat up before this. Some browning on scoring clubs, lots of bag dings, and my 7 had a nice gauge on the leading edge. This is them

After I had the chrome stripped and spent a lot of careful time sanding them. Straight raw.

clubs1_zpscf9edd7b.jpg

After black oxide.

clubs3_zpse8830cc3.jpg

clubs2_zps46a3803b.jpg

And, The reality of raw irons in Florida humidity

clubs7_zpsc8bd7a43.jpg

However, just wipe down with WD 40 or better yet a gun metal rust preventer, and they look almost newish again. I keep them in the garage and WD them randomly every 3 weeks or so and just do same after use. This pic was day after use with no wipe down. The maintenance doesn't bother me, and I really like the raw iron look with no paint fill, they are mean as hell in person. Also, the rust looks way worse than it is, it effects the clubhead zero, and they actually are a tad softer after I did this.

How much did that drop the swing weight?

Amen Bigmean. A blade never hurt my score as a 16 index to 7.5. I don't anticipate they ever will. Moreover my good shots are even better with a blade and that is why I can score my very best with them.

No scoring data was ever used by manufacturers to determine what handicap level should play a blade. Too many golfers at varying skill levels have proven this wrong time and again.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

SW is still D2. I don't think the chrome weighs as much as you would think. I did those before I had my SW scale, and I threw them up one night expecting to add some lead tape and they were pretty much dead on through the set by shear luck, so cool. Hell, the bigger ferrule probably made up for the chrome loss. I was worried a little when sanding, but as the guys from the back to reality thread remember or not, I have a marble and granite slab fabrication company, and I have had a grinder in my hand since I was a kid, so I was able to refinish my irons in a really professional and unobtrusive manner by applying my experience of same principles, just a different medium. I am not sure that a refinish would be really hard for a tinkerer, but it would take some kind of grit and grinding know how ahead of time.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421757251' post='10782219']
Vaterman, you laughed it up at me, but exactly why I said that about lessons and my Miuras. The Miuras are worse because then not only am I playing something I can't, but I am also a pretentious a******. So to answer your question gaucho, no I haven't and I am trying not to, but the thought crossed my mind.

Ninny, regarding softness, I am the one on hear that tries to explain how "feel" is not softness. Now that said, I like soft irons. I love mizunos, and further love SOME of the JDM stuff I have tried from a feel standpoint that are softer than mizzys by a good amount with the baby blades being the best interactive head I have ever hit for my nervous system, your milage may vary. The Vegas when flushed are almost too soft to me. I want to love them so much, but they don't talk to me like my mp 14s and BBs. It is just personal preference is all. I think my vfoils are awesome too, but for me the only clubs that really speak to me in a stand out way are those 2.
[/quote]
Just to make sure that we are not misunderstanding each other. All I meant was that you are a really good golfer with a 7 hcp

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421727408' post='10781283']
NR and I do not disagree much, but we have to in this one. I have hit enough irons to know, and I absolutely am only talking about the small blades when I say this, their other clubs could be very overrated, but those small blades are Gods gift to ballstriking, period. People rave about Vegas, and I can tell you, they are super stupid soft, and really nice, but my small blades impact just connects with my soul. They are the right amount of everything. The right feedback, the right stickiness on the face, the right density, effortless ropes, I can even hit lots of bad shots with them! :) I am not saying all would agree, or right for everyone and their swing, and certainly they are bend over luxury tax, BUT, the difference is certainly discernible, and that is more than can be said for a lot of material goods akin to Miuras.
[/quote]

I freely admit part of my reasoning in thinking they're overrated is the cost. :)

I also freely admit that if I had the coin, I might be interested. Just as I'd probably think seriously about getting something really interesting from the Scratch custom shop.

Another part of my opinion is formed from having hit the 1999 Maxfli Australian Blades. By far the softest irons I've ever hit. Hitting a Revolution ball was like hitting a marshmallow with a pillow. They're cast. :pimp:

Those 99 Aussies, as well as other cast blades from soft carbon I've hit or owned, are why I also don't get into which forging house produced the irons; it hasn't made a difference in my experience. That might be fodder for a different thread. ;)

A caveat for those who didn't partake in the earlier thread that went for 50+ pages (LOL).... I also have hit a lot of different blade irons over the years, so I'm not just speaking from my hindermost quarter. ;)
(I'll also add, I fully believe in "different strokes for different folks," I don't think I'm the only one with a clue, lol)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Vaterman, I know what you mean, but like gaucho and blade hunter said, there is a stigma outside wrx. Also, in south Florida, a 7 is not exactly balling, just good enough to have people invite you and pay your way in Catholic Church scrambles :)

NR, I definitely never meant to infer you would be talking out of anything but your mouth :). You are easily one of my favorite posters because you bring a lot to the table that I respect.. I am very skeptical. I spent the money on fourteens, thought they were overrated and worse than mizuno to me, sold them fast. I gave JDM one more leap of faith with the BBs and it was like an epiphany, just my experience. The Vegas I could take or leave, but you certainly can't buy anything at my pga superstore that feels like them, so they fore sure have that going for them. I am really objective, and if anything I am the kind of person that would like to say miura is overrated if I felt that way deep down. The small blades, are really something you just have to hit if ever given the chance, that is all I can say. They are just different, and soft has little to do with the difference.

Also, I would never pay $1700 or whatever for a new set. I got mine for $1050, which is still outrageous, but somehow mentally more acceptable considering what new iron sets cost. At full new price, I am not playing miura even though I could afford to.

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1421761765' post='10782463']
in my pocket and this jackwagon couldn't get over his own shortcomings and let me buy what I wanted. Weirdo..
[/quote]

'his own shortcomings'? How do you know the salesman had shortcomings? Have you ever seen him play? Why do you believe everyone who doesn't play blades isn't good enough to play them?

I think this is a perfect example of how blade guys miss the point. For every customer such as yourself, there are 10 other customers who buy blades and then complain about the lack of performance.

It isn't good for the game for a salesman to sell equipment that won't benefit a player. All it does is encourage players to quit playing if it seems too hard.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1421776536' post='10783987']
Vaterman, I know what you mean, but like gaucho and blade hunter said, there is a stigma outside wrx. Also, in south Florida, a 7 is not exactly balling, just good enough to have people invite you and pay your way in Catholic Church scrambles :)

NR, I definitely never meant to infer you would be talking out of anything but your mouth :). You are easily one of my favorite posters because you bring a lot to the table that I respect.. I am very skeptical. I spent the money on fourteens, thought they were overrated and worse than mizuno to me, sold them fast. I gave JDM one more leap of faith with the BBs and it was like an epiphany, just my experience. The Vegas I could take or leave, but you certainly can't buy anything at my pga superstore that feels like them, so they fore sure have that going for them. I am really objective, and if anything I am the kind of person that would like to say miura is overrated if I felt that way deep down. The small blades, are really something you just have to hit if ever given the chance, that is all I can say. They are just different, and soft has little to do with the difference.[/quote]

That's why I prefaced that comment for "those who didn't partake in the earlier thread." :) It was for anyone who might happen along and assume I hadn't hit anything more than a half dozen different sets, and wanted to take issue.

I appreciate the nice thoughts, too. And right back atcha. ;)

[quote]Also, I would never pay $1700 or whatever for a new set. I got mine for $1050, which is still outrageous, but somehow mentally more acceptable considering what new iron sets cost. At full new price, I am not playing miura even though I could afford to.
[/quote]

I'm with ya. Considering the beating they take from use, it can be hard to spend on irons....

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

[quote name='Startzel' timestamp='1421776800' post='10784027']
in my pocket and this jackwagon couldn't get over his own shortcomings and let me buy what I wanted. Weirdo..
[/quote]

'his own shortcomings'? How do you know the salesman had shortcomings? Have you ever seen him play? Why do you believe everyone who doesn't play blades isn't good enough to play them?

I think this is a perfect example of how blade guys miss the point. For every customer such as yourself, there are 10 other customers who buy blades and then complain about the lack of performance.

It isn't good for the game for a salesman to sell equipment that won't benefit a player. All it does is encourage players to quit playing if it seems too hard.
[/quote]

not trying to bag on the guys Physique...but lets just say his swing had to be rotational as an upright plane would not be possible as he couldn't see the ball if it were within 4 feet of his toes.....get the picture?

Im not missing any points... I get what your saying...but I have yet to see a documented case of any single iron running any players out of the game...It may cause them to loose money but you either want to play or you don't... if buying a small iron runs you out you were never in to begin with.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I'm surprised it took him this long to show up in this thread /rolleyes

Startzel.... to go further... I have been "testing" a lot of irons over the winter..AP2 callaway X forged callaway apex pros adams CMB etc... I have not found one ounce of forgiveness in short irons (6 7 8 9 ) over my MP68....I swear they are the easiest to hit MB on earth... now I do have the apex pro 3 4 5 iron currently in my bag.. I have found a nice combo to hit the "windows" I want... The apex pro is weighted to launch higher.. I have combined these with straight in px 6.5 shafts (rest are HS once) and have found the tip strong shaft (slightly lower launching) plus the higher launching head is the perfect combo... but they still are dead if you miss toe side or high... so I see no difference there... But loving the combo for higher soft landing shots.. and the dispersion is better than the other trial combo which was the MP68 into a HS px6.0 ..The dispersion is much broader with the 6.0 ...would be fine in a driving iron..but not for hitting greens... You really should hit some of these irons ....no way on earth you find them hard to hit vs your AP2s....just no way

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1421777126' post='10784071']
[quote name='Startzel' timestamp='1421776800' post='10784027']
[/quote]

[/quote]

not trying to bag on the guys Physique...but lets just say his swing had to be rotational as an upright plane would not be possible as he couldn't see the ball if it were within 4 feet of his toes.....get the picture?

[/quote]

You mean like Kevin Stadler, Mark Calc, Duffy Waldorf, John Daly, Tim Herron, Colt Knost, and etc......got it

j33 460 9.5 ACCRA DyMatch 2.0 MT M4
Exotics cb1 13 Matrix Ozik
Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
j38cb's - 3-pw s300sl pro soft & j36pc GAT 95
j40 52,56 & Odyssey Metal-X #7H
average score = 75

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1421777565' post='10784119']
Startzel.... to go further... I have been "testing" a lot of irons over the winter..AP2 callaway X forged callaway apex pros adams CMB etc... I have not found one ounce of forgiveness in short irons (6 7 8 9 ) over my MP68....I swear they are the easiest to hit MB on earth... now I do have the apex pro 3 4 5 iron currently in my bag.. I have found a nice combo to hit the "windows" I want... The apex pro is weighted to launch higher.. I have combined these with straight in px 6.5 shafts (rest are HS once) and have found the tip strong shaft (slightly lower launching) plus the higher launching head is the perfect combo... but they still are dead if you miss toe side or high... so I see no difference there... But loving the combo for higher soft landing shots.. and the dispersion is better than the other trial combo which was the MP68 into a HS px6.0 ..The dispersion is much broader with the 6.0 ...would be fine in a driving iron..but not for hitting greens... You really should hit some of these irons ....no way on earth you find them hard to hit vs your AP2s....just no way
[/quote]

Ability isn't an issue for me. You and I are similar handicaps and I know I would be fine with blades. At our level you're right we don't see a lot of benefit in the scoring irons. It's all about diminishing returns. A 10 handicapper will see more benefit than we would.

At the same time I don't see any benefit from the blade on short irons. I hit my ap2s well enough it's hard to believe a mb is going to suddenly make me 2 feet closer.

But even at our level we benefit in the long irons. Hard to take some of the middle cappers seriously when they argue they need blades.

I would like to remind everyone to re read the first post, as well as remind the very awesome contributors of this thread, who are very aware where certain people will take things to politely ignore. Thank you to those who have to forgo logical personal explanation for keeping this thread positive! Everyone that has this threads best interests understands and you don't need to justify anything :)

So my wife has not texted me, but I am pretty sure I have an awesome present at home.......

I will post some club porn when I get a chance. i am also kinda pumped to take the 1 iron to the range and get my ego smashed..........pretty sure the lee travino quote applies to me since I don't carry less than a 4 iron :)

NR, my blade hoing really started to go overboard when I realized I couldn't beat up my miuras at the range. I don't think it will effect my practice much to rotate sets, but everything I own can be destroyed in 2 years of it was all I hit with the time I am looking to dedicate to get better. I think the 14s will see the most range time, since they are the best value in golf to replace at a whopping $110 for a set.

That's the nice thing about the sets I have, also; they didn't set me back much at all.

I've got enough Ram Tour Grinds to last me for a while. :)
(kind of wish I hadn't sold the two sets I unloaded)

[quote name='Mudguard' timestamp='1421217069' post='10743863']
I do wonder if the blade v cavity technological debate is carried out anywhere else? Tennis players using older racquet's, mountainbikers riding hardtails etc etc.

[/quote]

I quickly scanned this thread and would like to comment based upon the above request

As a tennis teaching pro and compensated blogger on things tennis, I can tell you with certainty that there USED to be exactly these same discussions on tennis forums w. exactly the same results and personal assaults being slung about by blade zealots (yes, there used to be blades in tennis (small headed, heavy, thin beamed, low powered frames)). There were the same ridiculous claims how players racquets (blades) force you to have great technique even if you dont have such a thing, how miss hits dont really punish you, how blades give you better control, how the feel is so much better, and etc (all of which is absurd). On court over the years I;ve had to give hundreds of tennis lessons to blade players. they were (by far) (in general) the hardest to teach and the least enjoyable to be with (smug, arrogant, elitist, know it alls, etc)..some used to try and tell me how to teach and play.. We used to flip coins or play chino to see who would get stuck giving the blade lesson. we'd rather give up the cash than have to endure. There were a handful of very good players i;ve worked with who played demanding frames, but they were very much in the smallest minority. Good players used all manners of racquets..huge widebody's down to a very small few using blades and everything in between (more the in between aka 'tweeners'...they all work. i;ve taught tennis players of all abilities including some of the best juniors and collegiate players in the country,
Thankfully when Federer finally upgraded his racquet to a 'tweener (he was the last significant pro to do that) and the blade zealots started bleeding from their ears, all the absurd threads about blades/players racquets went away and there is now peace and harmony in tennisland. now conversations about blades/players racquets have been relegated to the vintage sections of tennis forums.
Feel free to draw your own analogies to golf.

Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
average score = 75

[quote name='vaterman' timestamp='1421781621' post='10784655']
T.
Just a polite reminder that your last post is not the subject of this thread.
[/quote]

suggest you tell that to the guy who posed the question. i think i am permitted to respond to a query especially since i've had a myriad of real life experiences related to the query. think that is how life works...i guess blades are different. Blade players get to control internet content..if you worship blades you may discuss how to choose a teaching pro, your wife, what you had for dinner..you know..things which are not the subject of the thread, but if not crazy about blades..well....nevermind. it's pretty funny actually.

Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
average score = 75

Yes. I am sorry for helping derail this. Back on topic please. Good god the hate is so strong. Now I know how Luke sky walker felt.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On topic. My razr x Mbs should be here any second. Come on mr mail man! Got a 2 iron with this set. That should cause the haters to pee their pants. But don't worry. According to billy Madison all the cool kids pee their pants.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

NR, I agree. my ceiling is about $400 for a set of clubs, as there is generally nothing you can get for more than that which will be any better. I got the miuras because I hadn't bought new irons since 2000, I was able to play again after I didn't think I could, and I broke 80 with my mp 14s 3 months back into it, so I wanted to treat myself for all of the above with some JDM forgings and see what this ninja samurai forging is all about! Now I also took 5/6 years off and sold about $1000 in putters and wedges during that time, but still, that was part of the justification hahahahaha

[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1421781849' post='10784671']
[quote name='vaterman' timestamp='1421781621' post='10784655']
T.
Just a polite reminder that your last post is not the subject of this thread.
[/quote]

suggest you tell that to the guy who posed the question. i think i am permitted to respond to a query especially since i've had a myriad of real life experiences related to the query. think that is how life works...i guess blades are different. Blade players get to control internet content..if you worship blades you may discuss how to choose a teaching pro, your wife, what you had for dinner..you know..things which are not the subject of the thread, but if not crazy about blades..well....nevermind. it's pretty funny actually.
[/quote]
T.
This has nothing to do with blade players dominating the internet. Just a thread where where BM requested it did not develop into the usual discussions. And I meant it when I wrote "politely". I don't want to determine if you will follow BM request in the OP. Just a polite reminder.

So back in 2007 I bought a set of clubs w/o hitting them, brand new from Golfsmith's website, Cleveland Hi-Bore full hybrid set. I figured hey what the hell, full hybrid easy to hit lets do it. I was terrible, shooting in the 100s constantly, these easy to hit hybrids weren't doing it for me. I don't remember why I did it but one day 3 or 4 years later I was browsing the internet looking at something golf related and I read about this guy that played blades and was talking about if you want to get better at golf, play them no matter what your handicap was, they are like a personal coach. They communicate with you, they either help make you better or you will quit trying w/ these clubs so I started doing research on them and read the ones to get were the MP-33's. After reading up on them I saw a bunch of different handicaps playing them, scratch, 80's 90s even 100s, so I went down the street to the local play it again sports and lo and behold there was a used set there for 100 bucks w/ the only issue being the 7 iron was an MP67.

I traded my set in instantly, I couldn't believe I found them so easily. I went and played my first round with them and guess what, I shot the same score's I always shot, in the low 100's. It clicked, the club doesn't matter, the swing does, lets fix it. Looking down at a blade sitting behind a ball just felt right. The thin top line, the feedback from the number of mishits. I could tell what was going on. I could for the first time feel the clubhead in my hands. With minimal practice, over the course of just 4 months I was shooting in the 80s for the first time, and consistently from there on.

I made a huge mistake one day, spring 2012, and went to GG and hit some 710 ap2's on the monitor. I had to have them. 7 iron 190 on the monitor, Ill take it. I felt I would benefit more now from a more forgiving iron now that I had a decent swing. I ended up shooting my lowest round ever, an 80, I was on track to shoot a 77 but I bogeyed the last three holes, so clutch. Even though the scores were getting better, something just didn't feel right w/ them. I wanted that MP feeling back I got from the mizuno's.

Fast forward to about a year to a year and a half ago, so now we are in 2013, and one of my pharmacy school buddies said he had some MP-32's he would sell me. I instantly bought them and sold the ap2's and haven't looked back. I'm not sure if i like the 33's or 32's better but I feel great to have them. I still shoot in the 80s, as a matter of fact, I played for the first time this season, last Fri, for the first time in about 6 months and shot a 39 on a par 36, first time breaking 40 and it was with the 32's (some may not consider the 32's a blade, some do, idk. they look pretty bladish to me, even w/ the cut muscle). They really aren't that hard to hit and to me the forgiveness hype is very overrated. Being a science major and now a pharmacy student, and having the knowledge I have in general I'm able to see through the marketing hype.

I plan on getting these babies refinished soon. been communicating through email to a fellow wrx'er about getting them black chromed out. I just don't know if I can handle the 5 week downtime so I may need to wait until next winter but it will happen in the near future and I don't plan on getting rid of these things any time soon. unless of course Mizuno brings them back in an anniversary club or something.

Anyways enough of my rambling, hit em well guys!

JPX 850 9.5* Bimatrix Tour Prototype X-Stiff
910F 13.5* A4 Nventix Nunchuk
910H 17* A4 KBS Tour Steel Hybrid
Titleist AP2 714 4-PW AMT S300
Titleist Vokey SM5 50*
Scratch 8620 56*
Rife Bimini Tropical

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1421782982' post='10784809']
On topic. My razr x Mbs should be here any second. Come on mr mail man! Got a 2 iron with this set. That should cause the haters to pee their pants. But don't worry. According to billy Madison all the cool kids pee their pants.
[/quote][quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1421782982' post='10784809']
[/quote]

I missed this. Nice, we are both getting some hater kryptonite via the postman!

If peeing your pants is cool, Consider me Miles Davis

A slow day at work has provided me with ample time to go over almost all of this thread and I have decided to contribute something of my own.

Golf was never something that interested me, as I had a very bad experience as a caddie in middle school that soured the game for me and my brothers. After moving back home for my final semester of college and having WAY too much time on my hands I decided it was finally time to give golf a second chance.

In the process I have dragged my dad and a family friend back into the game. My dad is happy to break 100 so he is more with me in terms of handicap at this point. Our family friend grew up playing the game and although he has been out of golf for some time it quickly came back to him. He plays vr pro forged irons and has nothing but great things to say about his old mizunos. Having hit the vr pros, an old spalding set from the 50's and hearing all about mizuno blades, I have decided that I will be playing blades in the near future (chicago winter and eBay have made things unbearable, as all I want to do is get my hands on some old mizunos and play) .The few blades I have used on the range the main difference I see it mishits don't go anywhere near as far and the mental aspect of seeing such a small club head behind the ball is tough. My slices, hooks, fat shots, thin shots are all the same but nothing feels like making solid contact with a blade.

My point to all of this is that this thread has provided me with a bit of motivation to get the season stared and improve my game to the point where I am comfortable playing with such a small blade head.