Addicts be proud

So, it is common to see threads on this site saying "bag is set" or "no more hoing". Then you have the guys who like to answer our ho questions in a condescending tone. They ask questions like, "Why would you Ho?" They like to point out that "equipment won't make us better", "all equipment is the same now", or even "hoing is a waste of money".

Now that I'm older I often think of all the girls in high school I didn't give the time of day too. Huge regret there. So, thinking sensibly? Ain't nobody got time for that! I'm about to go full bore and hit everything I can. No looking back at that Titleist 910 driver that is used and abused, wishing I had given it a shot when it was new. 915? Sounds good. Nike Vapor Pro? Why not? Tee? I'll hit it. No more walk of shame.

So, let's hear what you are looking to do equipment wise this year. Who cares if it's sensible. Suze Orman is not looking over your shoulder when you are on TGW.com.

If you are going to change out a quarter/half minimum of your bag this year, tell us all about it. No shame.

My changes are as follows:

G25 to G30 SF Tec driver- Loved the G25, but it was at times hard to turnover for my natural swing. We shall see if SF Tec helps. I will also be giving a custom Wishon 919 with a 1.5 closed FA a try. I have every intention of hitting up a demo day to see what else jumps out.

G30 3 wood to ?- So far I am not getting along with this fairway wood at all. I'm thinking a deep face is no bueno for me. A Wishon 950 3 wood is awfully tempting.

Mizuno JPX 800HD to G30 irons- Liked the Mizuno's, but did not love them. Bought a G30 6 iron before making the jump into the set, so I am comfortable with them. I am trying ZZ65's for the first time. I guess if they don't work I'm thinking Steelfibers.

JPX 800 Fli-Hi hybrids to a G20/G25 hybrid- This is the only change that is giving me any anxiety. I really liked the Fli Hi's, but traded them in as part of my iron set. The G20/G25 hybrids will be given a chance, but if there are any hiccups I will be on the eBay on the prowl. I will be building the Ping hybrids to iron lengths, so I am slightly confident I can get the same performance. We shall see.

Any other wholesale changes out there to be shared?

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Titleist TSi2 9° AD IZ 6s
Titleist TS2 16.5°  EF White 65s
Ping G410 21° EF White 75s
Ping G410 22°/25°/30° Hybrid Tensei White
Mizuno HM 7-PW Recoil 95r
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Ping Sigma 2 Valor

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wooderson' timestamp='1421702549' post='10778273']
So, it is common to see threads on this site saying "bag is set" or "no more hoing". Then you have the guys who like to answer our ho questions in a condescending tone. They ask questions like, "Why would you Ho?" They like to point out that "equipment won't make us better", "all equipment is the same now", or even "hoing is a waste of money".

Now that I'm older I often think of all the girls in high school I didn't give the time of day too. Huge regret there. So, thinking sensibly? Ain't nobody got time for that! I'm about to go full bore and hit everything I can. No looking back at that Titleist 910 driver that is used and abused, wishing I had given it a shot when it was new. 915? Sounds good. Nike Vapor Pro? Why not? Tee? I'll hit it. No more walk of shame.

So, let's hear what you are looking to do equipment wise this year. Who cares if it's sensible. Suze Orman is not looking over your shoulder when you are on TGW.com.

If you are going to change out a quarter/half minimum of your bag this year, tell us all about it. No shame.

My changes are as follows:

G25 to G30 SF Tec driver- Loved the G25, but it was at times hard to turnover for my natural swing. We shall see if SF Tec helps. I will also be giving a custom Wishon 919 with a 1.5 closed FA a try. I have every intention of hitting up a demo day to see what else jumps out.

G30 3 wood to ?- So far I am not getting along with this fairway wood at all. I'm thinking a deep face is no bueno for me. A Wishon 950 3 wood is awfully tempting.

Mizuno JPX 800HD to G30 irons- Liked the Mizuno's, but did not love them. Bought a G30 6 iron before making the jump into the set, so I am comfortable with them. I am trying ZZ65's for the first time. I guess if they don't work I'm thinking Steelfibers.

JPX 800 Fli-Hi hybrids to a G20/G25 hybrid- This is the only change that is giving me any anxiety. I really liked the Fli Hi's, but traded them in as part of my iron set. The G20/G25 hybrids will be given a chance, but if there are any hiccups I will be on the eBay on the prowl. I will be building the Ping hybrids to iron lengths, so I am slightly confident I can get the same performance. We shall see.

Any other wholesale changes out there to be shared?
[/quote]

You seem angry. Relax and swing slow.