No Tequila thread?!?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tequila is actually pretty interesting. All Tequila is made in Mexico. All of it. Mexico owns the legal right to the name and in order for it to be called Tequila it must be made from Blue Agave in

Every time I have ever drank tequila, I end up so drunk I can't remember what it tasted like. It is a no-no for me now.

u  tequila guys can thank me sooner than later, i buy most of my tequilas from "old town tequila in san diego" best selection ever!

Posted Images

I'm with you brother. Too many girls had one bad tequila night and never gave it another chance.

I've got a no less than both Cuervo RdFs (blanco is a go to), a Fontaseca, Dragones Blanco and at least 1 Del Maguey mezcal here. I've got my sipping and my mixing tequila but when the brown spirits fight me tequila is my go to.

Haiku as a sig?
They may be overrated
But I'm rocking one!
WITB:
balls, clubs, keys to your moms place...

Tequila is actually pretty interesting.

All Tequila is made in Mexico. All of it. Mexico owns the legal right to the name and in order for it to be called Tequila it must be made from Blue Agave in a specific region in Mexico (Near the town of Tequila).

Tequila that is made outside of the region is not allowed to be called Tequila. Tequila is actually a variation of Mezcal. Mezcal is made from a different type of Agave. Most of it is totally hand made by families who have been doing it for decades. The Agave is smoked in rock lined pits and gives the Mezcal a pretty smokey flavor. Some Mezcal is smoked out pretty hard; some less.

There's 5 different tiers of Tequila:

Silver - Unaged Tequila.
Gold - Unaged Tequila with different flavors added to change the color and taste.
Reposado - Aged in oak barrels for no more than 12 months.
Anejo - Aged in oak for 1 to 3 years
Extra Anejo - Aged in oak for no less than 3 years.

Tequila is meant to be sipped....not slammed in a shot with salt and lime. It can have many characteristics in the same way that wine may have several fruit and earth flavors present in one glass. Tequila can be quite enjoyable when you drink it slow and try to pull something out of it.

• Like 3

Whatever driver happens to be working at the time
Some random 3 wood
My same, old irons
A few wedges...
Scotty Cameron Fastback

Tequila makes my clothes fall off. Plus, I catch a ThunderBuzz on tequila

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

very popular at a country club I have been too with family in florida CASA MIGOS if you can find it, I'm 20 yr old kid who loves beer not a fan of scotch like a vodka soda and lime but i now enjoy this tequila.

Titleist 913 D3 9.5 Fubuki tour S
913 F. UST MIAYMANA ELEMENTS FIRE STIFF
913 H. MOTORE F1 STIFF
714 AP2 5-PW Project X Xpi 5.5
Scotty Cameron Newport two Circle T
SM5 60-07 spinner TVD 56-14 200- 52-10

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PSA for you Bloody Mary drinkers:  next time, try a Blood Maria with a good tequila.

You're welcome.

Make mine a double.

• Like 1

Titleist TS2
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black / SC Futura Phantom
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Oontz Angle 3 Ultra Duals

Alright tequila guys, what would you recommend for a beginner? I’m o whisk(e)y drinker, mostly scotch and bourbon. I was a scotch novice until a Scotland vacation and started to educate myself. My tequila experience is cheap shots decades ago in college and making margaritas.

What’s a good starting bottle or two? What’s the best method to drink it? What other esoteric knowledge should I look for?

Tequila? Makes me braver than this body ought to be. 

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
3 Wood Epic Flash set to 16 degrees
3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 18 20 23 degrees
6 hybrid Big Bertha 26 degree 
7-AW Callaway Mavrik Irons 
50 degree GW Vokey SM7
56 degree SW Vokey SM7
Odyssey White Hot V-Line Fang

On 11/22/2020 at 3:02 AM, Edaw68 said:

Alright tequila guys, what would you recommend for a beginner? I’m o whisk(e)y drinker, mostly scotch and bourbon. I was a scotch novice until a Scotland vacation and started to educate myself. My tequila experience is cheap shots decades ago in college and making margaritas.

What’s a good starting bottle or two? What’s the best method to drink it? What other esoteric knowledge should I look for?

see post by me, u won't be sorry. iv'e been lucky enough to taste some of the most expensive bourbon's, scotches and cognac's available and the tequilas i posted r right on par w/them....

• Like 1

I can't do everything Captain

I think I started a single malt thread a long time ago

I will say that Tequila is a lot different from my drinking days from say 1985-99 when it was basically a garbage drink for shooters with lemon and salt

Lots of high end stuff for sipping and outside of Ryan Reynolds and Aviation Gin .. tequila seems like the booze where most celebrities launch brands 

Ping G400 Max Fuji Ventus Red 6x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 

Cally Apex '16 3h 20* KK Silver 80x

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* KK Silver 80x

Srixon ZX7 5i  AD DI di 95x 

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD M 56* & 60*, SM2 64.07

Scotty GoLo 7

I never really thought of Tequila for anything other than just doing shots, particularly when i was in college , or at least mid 20's and was with girls like "Cmon have one, i'll look better to you afterwards"

Do people sip Tequila like scotch? That's an honest question. I know almost nothing about tequila. 

I'm not sure i want to know anything. I already have a full bar of scotches and bourbons, and some of the finest Willamette Pinot Noirs you can get in Canada. 

I am not sure i can handle more alcohol variety here

Cobra Radspeed XB tour length 9 w/ PX Hzrdus RDX Smoke Black 80
Cobra F9 Tour 13.5 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 70
Titleist TS3 Hybrid 20 w/ PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Cobra King Forged TEC 4-GW w/Nippon Modus 130

Cobra King MIM Black 56 and 60 wedges w/ Modus 130

SGC #002 flow neck 385g

On 11/26/2020 at 12:52 PM, MtlJeff said:

I never really thought of Tequila for anything other than just doing shots, particularly when i was in college , or at least mid 20's and was with girls like "Cmon have one, i'll look better to you afterwards"

Do people sip Tequila like scotch? That's an honest question. I know almost nothing about tequila. 

I'm not sure i want to know anything. I already have a full bar of scotches and bourbons, and some of the finest Willamette Pinot Noirs you can get in Canada. 

I am not sure i can handle more alcohol variety here

look here for tequila

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As others have stated, my experience with tequila is generally limited to cheap shooters and late night benders that I either have little memory of, or would love to forget.

I have tons of bourbon and a good collection of both scotch and quality rums...but zero tequila.  A friend of mine is getting into good, sipping tequilas.....but I don't really know where to begin.

Anyone tried the Corazon tequilas that are aged in whiskey barrels from Buffalo Trace?   Specifically George T. Stagg, William Larue Weller, Thomas H. Handy.  I've seen them here and there, but they're $80 apiece......so I haven't been brave enough to go down that path.

On 12/22/2020 at 3:01 PM, Mr_Wolfe said:

I go through a lot of Clasé Azul - love it. Don Julío 1942 is good as well. My favorite budget tequila is Casa Amigos.

Mr. Wolfe

I haven’t had the 1942 yet I plan on it at some point. I’ve had the Don Julio añejo which I liked. Never had casa amigos but I recently picked up Teremana reposado, it’s not bad I think I paid $30. Corralejo blanco is a good one for like $27. If you haven’t had Don Cheyo extra añejo and you can find it, I suggest trying it. It’s in a black bottle

• Like 1
13 hours ago, PappyVanWinkle53 said:

As others have stated, my experience with tequila is generally limited to cheap shooters and late night benders that I either have little memory of, or would love to forget.

I have tons of bourbon and a good collection of both scotch and quality rums...but zero tequila.  A friend of mine is getting into good, sipping tequilas.....but I don't really know where to begin.

Anyone tried the Corazon tequilas that are aged in whiskey barrels from Buffalo Trace?   Specifically George T. Stagg, William Larue Weller, Thomas H. Handy.  I've seen them here and there, but they're $80 apiece......so I haven't been brave enough to go down that path.

I haven’t heard of it but I’m going to look into it. Maestro Dobel is a really good tequila in my opinion and it goes for about $50 in PA. It’s a blend of reposado, añejo and extra añejo tequilita but it’s clear. Really clean finish it doesn’t have the tequila bite to it in my opinion 

On 1/22/2015 at 10:51 AM, thekru said:

A good tequila is better than any bourbon or scotch I have ever had. We bought a $65 bottle of Milagros reposado last week and Wow! I'm hooked!

I took a trip to Mexico with an ex back in 2014 to visit her family. I just graduated my masters program and had a fair share of experience with tequila prior to the trip, but nothing compared to what I eventually had in Mexico. 
It was a hot summer night at a local bar in Lake Chapala, Jalisco. My ex’s grandma ordered us a few shots of Gran Centenario Reposado, and the bar tender brought us the tequila, some lemon wedges, along with another glass of blood-red liquid, which I later learned was a local sangrita. Grandma took a small sip of tequila, chewed it in her mouth, said a few things, then chased it with a sip of sangrita. I reluctantly imitated. And for the first time in my yrs of “drinking” tequila, I had an epiphany. I suddenly understood what tequila is. I was a changed man... We tried different bottles thru out the nite while discussing our favorites.
I still don’t know if it was the local vibe, the sangrita or the girl that made these tequila shots taste so damn beautiful and delicious. What I know is that I became a tequila man after that trip. 

The girl was long gone, but memories of the tequilas I had on that trip will be forever in my heart. 

1A627735-2614-4DD5-AC78-02B6807B0749.jpeg

B8DCE0F4-2464-4F1F-84A1-A68034924FEC.jpeg

02E8630E-F5CB-4F01-8341-E54D4AF1DB4B.jpeg

B7156EF6-AB33-4269-A5B1-78DC1F7069EB.jpeg

BFBBEC7B-F217-4AB8-A953-3302DF6B0D06.jpeg

Edited by swagee
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, jb20 said:

I haven’t had the 1942 yet I plan on it at some point. I’ve had the Don Julio añejo which I liked. Never had casa amigos but I recently picked up Teremana reposado, it’s not bad I think I paid $30. Corralejo blanco is a good one for like $27. If you haven’t had Don Cheyo extra añejo and you can find it, I suggest trying it. It’s in a black bottle

I will certainly look for them. I wouldn't call Casa Amigos a super budget tequila as I think it is around ~$50, but good.

I noticed the Pirates tattoo you have. Are you from Pittsburgh? I live about 35 miles north of the city.

Mr. Wolfe

Edited by Mr_Wolfe

+1 for the Clae Azul.

Remember that if the bottle doesn't say '100% Blue Agave' it could be a 'mixto' or about half grain alcohol! Hence the reason for everyone's bad first experience with bad tequila.  For everything Tequila check out https://tequilaaficionado.com/.  Dying to go to the town of Tequila in Jalisco, but not while it is on the State Dept no go list.  Salud!

4 hours ago, Mr_Wolfe said:

I will certainly look for them. I wouldn't call Casa Amigos a super budget tequila as I think it is around ~$50, but good.

I noticed the Pirates tattoo you have. Are you from Pittsburgh? I live about 35 miles north of the city.

Mr. Wolfe

I’m sure I’ll eventually have the casa amigos. Lots of tequila and cigars when it’s nice outside. And yes I am from Pittsburgh, still live in the city in Mt Washington