SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Just got back from a golf vacation, played 9 rounds over 5 days. Used Snell MTB Red all week. I had been using the Reds since earlier this year and have about 30 rounds under my belt with them, on and off. When I am just messing around, I'll use random balls that are still premium (Callaway, Bridgestone, Titleist).

The Snell MTB Red continues to impress me. There is a 'noticeable' difference with how well the Snell ball spins / checks/ sucks back vs other balls with my short irons. It is my preferred ball (feel wise) for putting as well.

I don't see a noticeable difference between it and other premium balls for long irons, fairway woods.

The short game factor is tops (for me) with this ball.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

Pretty sure Dean's business model wasn't really built around people being able to use local store coupons to buy his already inexpensive products at an additional discount. In fact, just the opposite (if I understand his philosophy correctly().

You can't blame people for using a loop hole right? I mean if Big5 didn't exclude certain products. they should have at least made the coupon for $10 off $50 and not $30.

I wanted to try the Red and I was excited to do so at the $22 price point. I also gave 2 sleeves to someone who is a ProV1x fan so it may mean 2 people in the Snell pipeline. Plus my wife purchased soccer gear while at Big5 for my kids so I don't think the coupon deal was a bad thing overall.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Pretty sure Dean's business model wasn't really built around people being able to use local store coupons to buy his already inexpensive products at an additional discount. In fact, just the opposite (if I understand his philosophy correctly().

You can't blame people for using a loop hole right? I mean if Big5 didn't exclude certain products. they should have at least made the coupon for $10 off $50 and not $30.

I wanted to try the Red and I was excited to do so at the $22 price point. I also gave 2 sleeves to someone who is a ProV1x fan so it may mean 2 people in the Snell pipeline. Plus my wife purchased soccer gear while at Big5 for my kids so I don't think the coupon deal was a bad thing overall.

Heck no, I grab deals and coupons when I can find them. I’m just saying it’s no surprise getting his entire product range in a discount store is not a priority. Unlike some traditional companies whose goal is to get their brand sold in as many different retail outlets as possible.

I picked an MTB Black during my last round and put in play for 5 holes (played it after a provisional after I hit a 5i OB....). I was impressed with it, and will be picking up a dozen when I've worked my way through a couple more sleeves of other balls I am using now (Bridgestones, but I was using up some old Costco Callaway Hexes in my last round). I thought it was longer than the Callaway Hexes by quite a bit, and it performed well off the putter. I might also have to try the Reds if they spin better around the green.

picked up a dozen of snell red and put it in play today. A little firm, but great green side spin. Good durability also. I'll be able to use the same ball for another round. Impressive for a sub $25 dozen ball.

Waiting for my cut blue and grey sample pack to arrive next week.

I hit the best shot of my life with a Snell Black so I will be staying faithful for the foreseeable future.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

A buddy of mine and I are in the process of finding a new ball, so we went in together on a bunch of different golf balls. So far we've ordered TP5, Bridgestone RXS, Srixon Z Star, Z Star XV, Vice Pro, and Snell MTB Black and Red. I've got to say that I'm most excited about trying the MTB Black.

A buddy of mine and I are in the process of finding a new ball, so we went in together on a bunch of different golf balls. So far we've ordered TP5, Bridgestone RXS, Srixon Z Star, Z Star XV, Vice Pro, and Snell MTB Black and Red. I've got to say that I'm most excited about trying the MTB Black.

You will not be disappointed!

They're running 10% off this week for the ryder cup. I ordered the combo black and red trial pack, I'll see what the buzz is about

Care to pass along said promo code?

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

Thanks.. i was just coming on to let you know about the Ryder Cup promo code...if anyone is on our social sites (facebook, instagram, twitter) be sure to keep eye out today and this week, as we are going to be running some fun contests for Ryder Cup as well for some cool prizes... Ryder10 is the code for the 10% off all golf balls (except the value packs which are already 15% off)... thanks again for the continued support... testing is also underway for some new protos we just got in... looking good....

Unfortunately we did not have any winners on the Ryder Cup contest... but we will send out a doz balls to the people who almost had the team and score correct.... if you did enter via our social sites, check your email of you have Europe and 16 points... we will be sending you a doz MTB BLACK balls FREE...

thanks

is the mtb black going to stay a 3 piece for this upcoming year and remain unchanged? is that to forward of a question? if so i can proceed to order a value pack.
yes... we will continue to have the MTB BLACK ball for next year.. we just launched that in March of this year.... so will stay in the lineup..

I dont see a need to change the MTB balls much. they are great as is. i know that you cannot sit on them too long always have to try and innovate and improve or the consumer moves on.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Wondering how Snell balls are going to stay afloat in the Australian market. They have an Australian specific website however are selling for $48AUD per dozen.

Given people can get Pro V's for $40-$50 per dozen, I just can't see people wanting to go out of their way to try them.

(z-star, chrome soft and TP's all available in this $40-$50 range)

Wondering how Snell balls are going to stay afloat in the Australian market. They have an Australian specific website however are selling for $48AUD per dozen.

Given people can get Pro V's for $40-$50 per dozen, I just can't see people wanting to go out of their way to try them.

Calling bullsh#t on that one. I have never seen ProV's for $40 - $50 a dozen in Australia, $70 a dozen and you are doing very well indeed, normally closer to $80. Tell me where I can get them for that price.

You can get the others for around $50 a dozen but only on runout before the new model comes out.

I just got a Snell MTB trial pack from Snell Australia in the mail today so will be giving the MTB Black and Reds a go over the next few weeks. Gut feel says that the MTB Black will probably win me over with its softer feel but I am willing to give the red a good go. Currently using the Wilson Staff FG Tour, which I love and can get from a local(ish) pro shop for $45 a dozen when buying two or more.

Good to see Snell in Australia BTW!!!!!!!

Calling bullsh#t on that one. I have never seen ProV's for $40 - $50 a dozen in Australia, $70 a dozen and you are doing very well indeed, normally closer to $80. Tell me where I can get them for that price.

You can get the others for around $50 a dozen but only on runout before the new model comes out.

I just got a Snell MTB trial pack from Snell Australia in the mail today so will be giving the MTB Black and Reds a go over the next few weeks. Gut feel says that the MTB Black will probably win me over with its softer feel but I am willing to give the red a good go. Currently using the Wilson Staff FG Tour, which I love and can get from a local(ish) pro shop for $45 a dozen when buying two or more.

Good to see Snell in Australia BTW!!!!!!!

You get them for that price through local classifieds with the many people selling their 'winning' lots of Pro V golf balls they don't want, or would prefer to cash in through. If you are happy to have 'new' balls that have been putted with on a practice green in retail stores, even cheaper. Fair enough that isn't through retail and might not be everyones cup of tea, but it's easy enough and can be posted to your doorstep.

Golf Clearance Warehouse have also had end of year sales for at least the last two years selling Pro V's for $50 per dozen.

Don't agree that the other brands are only before new models come out either. Golfbox, Golf Clearance Warehouse, Golfworld/Golfmart and many others have had current model Z-Star, Bridgestone and Chromesoft balls for between $45-$50 per dozen for as long as I can remember.

If you're buying golf balls either in-store retail or from golf courses and regularly pay $15-20 more than this per dozen I can see why Snell balls would seem an amazing deal, but these aren't places you would buy Snell from anyway so that doesn't really make sense.

I just don't see the point in selling Snell balls for the same price, or more than the well known brands that people are familiar with. Unless they are only trying to target the very niche market in Australia that may have read an online review and might think they actually outperform the balls being used on tour. I'm not saying it's possible for them to sell cheaper, I just don't see how they survive here with those prices.

So I have been wanting to try the Cut Blue so I ordered a sleeve. First appearance it looks just like the MTB-Red . Same dipole patter and sound when bouncing on the floor in the garage. Might just have to open them both up for kicks after a couple rounds.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

So I have been wanting to try the Cut Blue so I ordered a sleeve. First appearance it looks just like the MTB-Red . Same dipole patter and sound when bouncing on the floor in the garage. Might just have to open them both up for kicks after a couple rounds.

they are different in design for sure... I delivered specs for every layer and material on MTB RED... not sure others can say the same... I think you will be seeing that similar 4pc ball sold under a few names in the near future... Nike made golf balls in the same factory, using the same dimple pattern, and same design. as you all know, Nike is out of business.... but the ball design may live on... haha...