SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

2 hours ago, gioreeko said:

Just got my order of yellow MTB-X, the color just pops in the fall and winter months. A question for Dean, are there any performance differences between the white and yellow balls? Are they painted yellow, or is the color mixed in somehow to the cover?

To my knowledge, the only yellow urethane ball that is painted is the Maxfli Tour & Tour X (which may cause durability issues?), the rest have a dye mixed in with the cover.

• Like 1

Hope it doesn't effect Dean's business.  Only reason for TM to cut him out would be if they need to ramp up production and don't have room for Nassau to make other brands.  If that's not the case there's no reason why they wouldn't keep business as usual and get a little piece of Snells business in the form of manufacturing.

2022 Driver: TBD                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Edel EAS 4.0

On 11/2/2021 at 8:24 AM, Snell Golf said:

Well, like everything else this year, COVID has been tough on the supply chain of golf balls... This also means on the prototype work in the factories.  We are now on our 5th iteration of the proto work, and the samples have taken over 4 months to be made, and not all shipped out to us yet.  I had hoped to have some new protos completed and tested by October, but there is another significant delay.  The raw material supply continues to be the biggest issue, as well as production capacity.  So we will continue to move forward, and will continue to develop and test the protos when they arrive.  I do not have any exact date on completion, as the factory has not given us a supply date as of yet.  So we will be continuing with the current models for the rest of this year, and have more info on the new models hopefully by the end of the year..   TBH, I am actually just alittle happy to finally be getting some actual product to sell.   We now have MTB X in white, yellow and high numbers,  and MTB BLACK in white and high numbers.   Black in yellow covers will be back in stock very soon as well.    And all offered with no allocations or limitations to quantities.. So the value pack savings are now back and live on the website.

Thanks for the update Dean. Looking forward to 2022 with Snell

Love the Snell MTB-X.  One of about 5 balls (I've tried everything) in my personal sweet spot of low tee spin/max distance and high iron spin.  Have always chosen this ball because 1) Dean Snell is a stud, and 2) the price point vs. other premium balls.  This ball is in a DTC class by itself in terms of design (Vice is a joke by comparison imo, a factory menu ball from a years-old design peddled by lawyers to the unsuspecting - ok maybe a bit harsh but not far off).  The only downside with Snell for me is the price has been creeping up, was a no-brainer at $27 for MTB Red and Black a few years ago, now thinking twice at $33 with shipping even for the value pack, with two other equal-performing balls (for me) priced less; risking losing the incentive for me to buy this ball.  Hopefully can curtail the $$, am rooting for Snell. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 3:49 PM, betoj said:

Love the Snell MTB-X.  One of about 5 balls (I've tried everything) in my personal sweet spot of low tee spin/max distance and high iron spin.  Have always chosen this ball because 1) Dean Snell is a stud, and 2) the price point vs. other premium balls.  This ball is in a DTC class by itself in terms of design (Vice is a joke by comparison imo, a factory menu ball from a years-old design peddled by lawyers to the unsuspecting - ok maybe a bit harsh but not far off).  The only downside with Snell for me is the price has been creeping up, was a no-brainer at $27 for MTB Red and Black a few years ago, now thinking twice at $33 with shipping even for the value pack, with two other equal-performing balls (for me) priced less; risking losing the incentive for me to buy this ball.  Hopefully can curtail the $$, am rooting for Snell. 

I thought the same about Vice until I tried the Pro Plus after the M G Esss test. Great ball, never cared for the older version, bad durability, but the newer version is very similar to the MTB-X, which is still my go to ball. 

Driver: PING G425 LST
3 wood: PING 425 Max
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Ping 54, Taylor made Hi toe wedges

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

14 hours ago, betoj said:

Agreed, gioreeko, the Vice models are not objectively bad, and will work fine for some golfers.  My point was that Vice as a company is nothing like Snell; Vice's non-ball-designers choose an old ball design from a factory menu and jack up the price, while Snell is run by a golf ball design legend who prices below other top-shelf balls.  

Agreed, I fully support Dean, and the MTB-X is my go to ball, just wanted to try the Vice Pro Plus for the times that Snell may be out of stock 

Driver: PING G425 LST
3 wood: PING 425 Max
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Ping 54, Taylor made Hi toe wedges

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

3 minutes ago, bekgolf said:

I'm seriously contemplating another 5 dozen.  I don't need them (yet) but they sure would look pretty sitting in the horde room with all the other golf balls, clubs, shafts, and canned goods.

I always get 5dz for the savings but that's the reason I chose 2dz this time. I'd put that rest of money into something else while I'm using 2dz. I still have plenty of other balls left.

I've finally got over ball-hoarding disease. I think.

I've used a couple of MTB Blacks that I've found and was pretty impressed.  However, the seam appeared to be pretty large on it.  I don't have one at the moment to look at.  Is this the case, or am I mistaken?  Thinking about ordering some.

Edit- nevermind, just saw the video about this on Snell website.

Edited by brew4eagle

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 PNT 19*

Maltby DBM Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

18 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

I've used a couple of MTB Blacks that I've found and was pretty impressed.  However, the seam appeared to be pretty large on it.  I don't have one at the moment to look at.  Is this the case, or am I mistaken?  Thinking about ordering some.

Edit- nevermind, just saw the video about this on Snell website.

Snell uses the 2008 360 LDP pattern that he helped develop during his time at Taylormade and yes this pattern does have a noticeable seam.

Once I saw free shipping, I went and ordered 2 doz Black in high numbers

I too am holding out hope for yellow in high numbers

I think Dean and them have there hands full just getting normal supply.

Driver -COBRA FLY-Z 9.5*

5 Wood - PING G400 17.5*

Hybrid  PING G400 22*

Irons - PING G400 5-UW

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore CBX 54* ; Cleveland CBX2 Full Face 58*

Putter - PXG Battle Ready Spitfire-34in

Ball- Snell- Black

On 12/8/2021 at 11:21 AM, fwyfinder said:

Buying these balls in bulk is a great way to play a premium spinning ball with good putting feel with the urethane cover for about $28 per dozen I believe is what it comes out to. I just wish they would bring back Snell Red!

You may be pretty lonely in your wish for a re-release of the Red 😉

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have not found a better all around ball than the MTB black.  Need to order some more!!

• Like 2

Taylormade SIM2 10.5  HZRDUS RDX blue 60  6.0

Titleist 917f2 16.5 (C1)  Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Ping G410 19  Aldila Rogue black 85s

PXG Gen 3  0311T  4-P  Elevate Tour stiff

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0  52/12, 58/10

Odyssey White Hot OG Rossie 34.25"

Snell MTB 

Titleist Players 4+