2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

My cousin introduced me to Snell and I put a sleeve in play the last few rounds and I've been impressed with the results. All of the reasons listed here apply to me as well.(solid wind ball, slightly longer tee shots, great around the green, awesome off my putter face) The you top it off with the price point and it's a no-brainer for me. We just ordered 6 dozen to split and I can't wait to make it my gamer.

This thread is 1800+ posts and still going strong - a testament to how good Snell golf balls really are.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

This thread is 1800+ posts and still going strong - a testament to how good Snell golf balls really are.

Well, I won't play them because I'm snobby! LOL

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I am putting my Snell's in play tomorrow. I will let you know!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Has anyone compared against the new 2017 ProV1? A lot of talk how the new ProVs are so much better than the 2015/16 version.

Yes, I have. Every year I get 1 or 2 boxes of Prov1 as gifts, and I took both out and did some side to side comparisons between the Prov1 and the Snell MTB.

Driver- about the same distance when I hit both well. But I like the trajectory of the Snell better.

6 and 8 iron shots into the wind- Snell, no question.

Normal iron shots, no wind, 6-9 irons- distance about the same, but I like the trajectory of the Snell better. (Titleist went a little higher than I like. )

Spin on 8 and 9 iron shots- Edge to the Snell.

Green side spin- Pretty even, but I feel like I know how the Snell will react. Sometimes the Prov1 doesn't react like I think it should.

Putter- I'd probably give the edge to the Prov1 here.

Now, I think the Prov1 is a great ball and I can't fault anyone for playing it. It's just not THAT good that it should cost $15-$16 more per dozen than the Snell MTB. Besides that, you can play the ball designed by the man that has his name on the Prov 1 patent.

I'll be ordering 6 dozen soon.

Has anyone compared against the new 2017 ProV1? A lot of talk how the new ProVs are so much better than the 2015/16 version.

Yes, I have. Every year I get 1 or 2 boxes of Prov1 as gifts, and I took both out and did some side to side comparisons between the Prov1 and the Snell MTB.

Driver- about the same distance when I hit both well. But I like the trajectory of the Snell better.

Normal iron shots, no wind, 6-9 irons- distance about the same, but I like the trajectory of the Snell better. (Titleist went a little higher than I like. )

Green side spin- Pretty even, but I feel like I know how the Snell will react. Sometimes the Prov1 doesn't react like I think it should.

Now, I think the Prov1 is a great ball and I can't fault anyone for playing it. It's just not THAT good that it should cost $15-$16 more per dozen than the Snell MTB. Besides that, you can play the ball designed by the man that has his name on the Prov 1 patent.

Thanks for the feedback on your testing... It has been mentioned a few times in this thread, but we worked hard to get the spin right with irons, to help the performance be better in the wind, and not sacrifice anything around the green.

Thanks for the feedback on your testing... It has been mentioned a few times in this thread, but we worked hard to get the spin right with irons, to help the performance be better in the wind, and not sacrifice anything around the green.

Thanks! I really appreciate you what you are doing for the golfing world. It's a great ball!

Appreciate the wait... As I mentioned in some previous posts, this process takes a long time. The USGA has to be submitted and approved, packaging needs to be designed, made, tested, approved.. balls need to be made and shipped and tested... and launch plans need to be set up and ready to go... All of these are well into the process, so we will keep you updated as we get closer....spring has finally kicked in for a lot of areas, so we are also getting ready for the peak of the golf season... looking forward to a great year, and again, I thank you for helping spread the word and help keeping the costs down.

Waiting to hear what this is...hoping for a four piece, however I don't think the competition is!

I used them this past weekend. Now i will tell you it was 46 degrees both rounds, wet and windy also.

Off the Tee:

It was a solid ball with great feel, flew off the face with authority. in the conditions it was long and straight. User error caused the missed fairway s not the ball.

Off the Irons:

It was solid again, good height off the clubs. Nice stopping power on the greens. You could feel the ball but it didnt stick to the club face.

Around the Green:

It took me a few holes to get the feel down, after i did it was a great ball for around the green and from the bunker.

on the Green:

The ball was smooth off the putter and rolled very true.

Overall it was a great ball. I would put this into play.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Appreciate the wait... As I mentioned in some previous posts, this process takes a long time. The USGA has to be submitted and approved, packaging needs to be designed, made, tested, approved.. balls need to be made and shipped and tested... and launch plans need to be set up and ready to go... All of these are well into the process, so we will keep you updated as we get closer....spring has finally kicked in for a lot of areas, so we are also getting ready for the peak of the golf season... looking forward to a great year, and again, I thank you for helping spread the word and help keeping the costs down.

Waiting to hear what this is...hoping for a four piece, however I don't think the competition is!

We are making good progress on this... just a bit slower that expected due to the increase in production needed for MTB. Let it develop....

We are making good progress on this... just a bit slower that expected due to the increase in production needed for MTB. Let it develop....

Won't hold you to this, but can you make a rough guess on the time frame we can expect. I'm down to my last 8-10 sleeves so will be ordering something from you soon, just a matter of what and how many.

I ordered another box of the Get Sum. I was VERY happy with these off the tee. My last time out using these balls...that's the most tee shots that I've managed to put in play in recent memory. I will probably take advantage of the six box deal if I can catch them in stock (the Optic Yellow) one of these days.

Yeah, it's an excellent ball.

Thanks! Increase in production, not a bad situation to have.

Long time B330 user ... low single digit ... I'm all in on the Snell MTB. The ball does everything I ask it to do. I'll use it as long they produce it. I recommend it to everybody that will listen to me.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Played Snell MTB for a few holes today.... I really really like this ball. I have lots of stock of other stuff I need to burn but Snell is going to get an order from me sooner or later. Maybe the Father Day package is calling my name??

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I would like to thank Tom Wishon and Dean Snell. I aced hole #8 at Stow Acres CC- North Course in Stow, MA using a Sterling 7 iron and MTB ball from 166 yds. The shot was well struck, landed 15 feet short and rolled in the hole. I thought it rolled behind the flag but to the surprise of the group the ball went in.

"Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition.  Awards become corroded; friends gather no dust." -- Jesse Owens

WITB 2024 Edition

• Woods: :cobra-small: LTDx [10.5*, :kbs: TD LE; :cobra-small: RadSpeed Tour [17.5*], :kbs: TD;
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: King Tec 2019 [21*], :kbs: TD PGI; :mizuno-small: Pro Fli Hi [4ui], :aerotech: Steelfiber HLS880;
  • Irons & Wedges: :KZG: CB-1 [5i - 9i], NovaTech BTR Lite; :mizuno-small: S23, :kbs: 610;
  • Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville One, :kbs: One Step, :garsen: Max;
  • Ball: :bridgestone-small:XS [22];
  • Notables: Best Grips MicroPerf; :cobra-small:-Vessel Tour stand bag; :ShotScope: Pro LX+ with H4; :Clicgear: 3.5+ with Alphard Club Booster V2

I play them. They're fine.

There are real differences between categories of balls, but hardly any difference between balls within categories. Sure, you can measure some differences in spin and distance, but they don't really matter much in actual play.

From category-to-category, distance differences have largely been negated. In the old days, for example, most duffers would get much better distance with a Pinnacle or Top Flite (two-piece solid with a Surlyn cover) vs. a Titleist Professional (liquid center, windings, and a balata cover). They would benefit from the far lower spin rates, too. But now that tour balls are softer, most players can compress them enough to get the distance they need, so it now comes down to price and spin.

For 90% (non-scientific figure, natch) of golfers, I recommend the Top Flite Gamer. For some better players, a ball like the Callaway Supersoft or the Titleist NXT series will do. There are a handful of players who can access--and benefit from--the higher-spin tour balls. Moving the ball in the air and using spin around the greens. But just a handful. The rest are just paying for nothing--or worse paying for spin they can't use and only hurts them.

I play the Snell MTB. But I'm just fine with a ProV1 (or ProV1x) or the Callaway tour ball (love Truvis!). Even as a single-digit, there is far more variability in each shot than I'm going to find from ball-to-ball.

Kinda interesting. I had an MTB ball "crack" its cover after using it in my simulator for about 100 shots or so, so I sent an email to Snell just to let them know. They responded quickly and mentioned "golf balls are tested to handle ~100 shots at most, under optimal conditions so 2 or 3 rounds within any golf ball, will lead to reduced performance or damage".....interesting, I always use a ball till its visibly damaged, or lost, sometime of which its more than 100 shots...if I'm lucky, maybe around 200 or so. How many people change their balls out after 100 shots? Maybe this is why I start to stink it up near the end of the round, because I know it can't be the beer....LOL...

Note: I am very happy with the performance of the Snell ball, so not bashing. Was just a little surprised from the response of ~100 shots for a golf ball.

Won't hold you to this, but can you make a rough guess on the time frame we can expect. I'm down to my last 8-10 sleeves so will be ordering something from you soon, just a matter of what and how many.

You for sure have time to order some more... haha.. wont be for a few months, minimum...

Kinda interesting. I had an MTB ball "crack" its cover after using it in my simulator for about 100 shots or so, so I sent an email to Snell just to let them know. They responded quickly and mentioned "golf balls are tested to handle ~100 shots at most, under optimal conditions so 2 or 3 rounds within any golf ball, will lead to reduced performance or damage".....interesting, I always use a ball till its visibly damaged, or lost, sometime of which its more than 100 shots...if I'm lucky, maybe around 200 or so. How many people change their balls out after 100 shots? Maybe this is why I start to stink it up near the end of the round, because I know it can't be the beer....LOL...

Note: I am very happy with the performance of the Snell ball, so not bashing. Was just a little surprised from the response of ~100 shots for a golf ball.

Hello.. let me clarify a bit more on this... Golf balls are typically tested to take random impacts for tour type driver impacts up to 100 hits.. the durability machines fire balls at tour speeds and they must pass this high impact driver condition to 100 hits.. so it is not 100 total hits that the ball is good for... what happens with the simulators is that players will hit the same ball, over and over on the same spot, which can lead to early failures... It is why you see balls crack in simulators or when players hit same balls in a driving net over and over... The balls will certainly last 100 shots during a round of golf.. much more in fact... hope this helps..

I was fortunate enough to win a dozen of the My Tour Ball in the recent WRX giveaway and I put them in play last night in my 9-hole league. They performed great in all areas - driver ball flight was penetrating and held its line, iron shots felt good and had predictable check and short roll out, and off the putter face they felt solid but without a harsh click. Without doing any research, I wouldn't be surprised if the compression and cover hardness numbers were very similar to the B-Stone B330-RX which I played all of last year. Felt very similar.

Oh, and I almost forgot....They have a little magic dust inside of them. I know that because I put one in the bottom of the cup from 110 yards out for eagle! :D

/ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye /

I was fortunate enough to win a dozen of the My Tour Ball in the recent WRX giveaway and I put them in play last night in my 9-hole league. They performed great in all areas - driver ball flight was penetrating and held its line, iron shots felt good and had predictable check and short roll out, and off the putter face they felt solid but without a harsh click. Without doing any research, I wouldn't be surprised if the compression and cover hardness numbers were very similar to the B-Stone B330-RX which I played all of last year. Felt very similar.

Oh, and I almost forgot....They have a little magic dust inside of them. I know that because I put one in the bottom of the cup from 110 yards out for eagle! :D

congrats on the eagle and thanks for the feedback...