2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Heads up to Canadian wrxers Snell golf Canada now has free shipping just like the American version of the site. The steep shipping charges in Canada were what kept me from ordering before but now I will be putting in an order.

Ps. Sorry if someone already posted this. I am guilty of not reading the entire thread.

Ping G30 SFT 12
Ping G5 3W
Ping G Crossover 4
Ping G15 4 - U
Vokey SM6 56.14, 60.04
Odyssey White Hot XG #7

Kinda interesting. I had an MTB ball "crack" its cover after using it in my simulator for about 100 shots or so, so I sent an email to Snell just to let them know. They responded quickly and mentioned "golf balls are tested to handle ~100 shots at most, under optimal conditions so 2 or 3 rounds within any golf ball, will lead to reduced performance or damage".....interesting, I always use a ball till its visibly damaged, or lost, sometime of which its more than 100 shots...if I'm lucky, maybe around 200 or so. How many people change their balls out after 100 shots? Maybe this is why I start to stink it up near the end of the round, because I know it can't be the beer....LOL...

Note: I am very happy with the performance of the Snell ball, so not bashing. Was just a little surprised from the response of ~100 shots for a golf ball.

Well, I guess if there ever was a case of "to each their own", this would apply. With that being said, I start each new round of golf with a brand new ball.........regardless.

So I guess I would fall in the under 100 shots category.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

The past two weeks I have been playing both the Snell MTB and Ksig. Both are excellent balls and I will continue to play both regularly. I have 16 dozen Ksigs and 11 dozen MTBs so I will be playing them both for awhile.

Out of the two I have been leaning towards the Snell the last two rounds because I find all around (including wind performance) it seems just a hair better for my game. I would highly recommend the MTB to anyone interested.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Kinda interesting. I had an MTB ball "crack" its cover after using it in my simulator for about 100 shots or so, so I sent an email to Snell just to let them know. They responded quickly and mentioned "golf balls are tested to handle ~100 shots at most, under optimal conditions so 2 or 3 rounds within any golf ball, will lead to reduced performance or damage".....interesting, I always use a ball till its visibly damaged, or lost, sometime of which its more than 100 shots...if I'm lucky, maybe around 200 or so. How many people change their balls out after 100 shots? Maybe this is why I start to stink it up near the end of the round, because I know it can't be the beer....LOL...

Note: I am very happy with the performance of the Snell ball, so not bashing. Was just a little surprised from the response of ~100 shots for a golf ball.

Well, I guess if there ever was a case of "to each their own", this would apply. With that being said, I start each new round of golf with a brand new ball.........regardless.

So I guess I would fall in the under 100 shots category.

That and lets be real...the AVERAGE person out there is going to involuntarily "change their ball out" (ex. Lost ball, bad strike off cart path, etc.) AT LEAST once every 100 shots.

Even if I'm having a good day and not losing balls, I have to rotate them out every 6-7 holes, because by that point...they're pretty beat up.

9 holes and the ball is moved to back up status. However the Srixon yellow balls can look new after 36 holes. Their yellow can hide blemishes which isn't a bad thing.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Just saw the Mark Crossfield has some Snells and was asking if anyone had played them. Interesting to see the tests and great to see growing coverage of your balls Dean

Mizuno MX-500 10.5* driver<br />Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 13 Degree 3 Wood(as mini-driver)<br />Titleist 910f 16.5* 3 Wood,<br />Titleist 714 CB 3-pw,<br />Scratch 50*DD wedge,<br />Cleveland 588 raw 56* wedge,<br />Odyssey #9 White Hot,<br />Snell My Tour Ball,<br />True Linkswear shoes(da bomb!)<br /><br />TAKE DEAD AIM - Harvey Penick

If you lost a Snell MTB at Village Links (9) in Glen Ellyn last week, between the 2nd and 3rd fairways, I found it and played 3 holes with it before losing it in the gnarliest of gnarl off the right of the 6th tee.

Nice ball. As 3 piece balls go, I'd try this ball again before a ProV1. As long or longer, slightly lower flight, maybe a touch less spin around the green, but still plenty acceptable. Very limited sample but the ball responded well to the good swings I put on it.

As was my experience with a found Vice Pro ball, there are several lower priced tour type balls which perform as well, or better than their higher priced competitors.

I recently bought a dozen Snell my tour balls and have tried them for a couple rounds. I really like the feel around the green and how the ball preformed with my short irons but found it was quite a bit shorter with the driver. Like 15-20 yards shorter.

Has anyone else experienced This?

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 4-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Odyssey AI-ONE 7S

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

I recently bought a dozen Snell my tour balls and have tried them for a couple rounds. I really like the feel around the green and how the ball preformed with my short irons but found it was quite a bit shorter with the driver. Like 15-20 yards shorter.

Shorter than what ball? I have not experienced any distance loss.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Mid 80's compression. Maybe a ball with higher or lower compression will yield better results. :dntknw:

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Prov1x. It must have just been the way I was hitting it that day cause I got out again today and I was hitting it roughly the same distance as I usually do.

I really like the MTB off the putter and wedges. I think I found my new ball.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7S

I certainly don;t experience any loss of distance with the MTB off the driver. In fact, just the opposite; one of the longer balls I have played.

Same here. My best, overall, driving round was with this ball. My young son was with me and still mentions those holes that were over 500 yards on that course. On a couple of them, my third shot was the uncomfortable 30-yard range. Mismanaged by me because I'm not usually that long off the tee. It was a very windy day, too, and the path was great.

Prov1x. It must have just been the way I was hitting it that day cause I got out again today and I was hitting it roughly the same distance as I usually do.

thanks for staying with it.. that is always the challenge when people play a new ball and hit drivers and have a perception that a ball is 20 yards longer or 20 yards shorter... It takes some good time and lots of shots to really get a true feeling of a ball, so thanks for continue to test, and I think you will find that the distance of this ball is not a problem at all..

thanks for staying with it.. that is always the challenge when people play a new ball and hit drivers and have a perception that a ball is 20 yards longer or 20 yards shorter... It takes some good time and lots of shots to really get a true feeling of a ball, so thanks for continue to test, and I think you will find that the distance of this ball is not a problem at all..

It was a pretty windy day so that probably didn't help either. It was obviously something I was doing though cause I've played 2 rounds since then and didn't notice any change in distance.

I just ordered a value pack of MTBs. I hope to have them for the weekend.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7S

It was a pretty windy day so that probably didn't help either. It was obviously something I was doing though cause I've played 2 rounds since then and didn't notice any change in distance.

I just ordered a value pack of MTBs. I hope to have them for the weekend.

Think you'll like them. Been playing these for about a year now and nothing else compares. Hit my second hole in one with these last week and getting ready to order my second 6 dozen...

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

Mark Crossfield throws out a really honest review. Good stuff.

Mizuno MX-500 10.5* driver<br />Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 13 Degree 3 Wood(as mini-driver)<br />Titleist 910f 16.5* 3 Wood,<br />Titleist 714 CB 3-pw,<br />Scratch 50*DD wedge,<br />Cleveland 588 raw 56* wedge,<br />Odyssey #9 White Hot,<br />Snell My Tour Ball,<br />True Linkswear shoes(da bomb!)<br /><br />TAKE DEAD AIM - Harvey Penick

Can you get Snell balls with different numbers? On the website I see a picture of a ball with number 33 on it but don't see any options for different numbers. Thanks.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

I tried the MTB and was not a fan. i will have to give them another try. i felt the flight was too high, and i felt it didnt do well in the wind. I also was not happy with the durability.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Just ordered a dozen Tuesday night... 6/6 and just saw my email that I wasn't going to get them until Friday 6/16. Yipe! 10 days to ship from East Coast to Wisconsin? =(

Considering it is free shipping........

They use FedEx SmartPost so it starts in the FedEx system but then gets handed off to USPS for actual delivery. Takes forever.