• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best Grips down in Texas.

[quote name='ode1' timestamp='1423102787' post='10887095']
Lamkin used to make/own Royal, but I'm not sure anymore....and I only see GW carrying them, at least the new ones. Maybe they bought the name?

[/quote]

Only the older style black Royal's are denoted as "made in USA". The fancy colored jobbies don't list a country of origin. I recently bought some of the Interlocking style grips and they have a great feel. Soft, but not overly so. They look kind of small out of the box but they install fine.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"

[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1423018386' post='10880617']
[quote name='Justmuckit' timestamp='1423008388' post='10879391']
[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1423003818' post='10878903']
Best Grips down in Texas.
[/quote]

True, but if he's not playing NDMC's because of price he's certainly not paying $17+ a grip.
[/quote]
maybe not...but I would try to pick up a set of factory seconds from them for about the same as new decades and never need to worry about it again...I can see the dilemma though as I have had similar issues finding the right grip, and leather always ended up winning for me.
[/quote]

The leather grip route is interesting b/c if you can keep your clubs for a while, you'll actually end up spending a lot less money in the long run...but it can be a bit more up front...

[quote name='Nessism' timestamp='1423103733' post='10887205']
Lamkin used to make/own Royal, but I'm not sure anymore....and I only see GW carrying them, at least the new ones. Maybe they bought the name?

[/quote]

Only the older style black Royal's are denoted as "made in USA". The fancy colored jobbies don't list a country of origin. I recently bought some of the Interlocking style grips and they have a great feel. Soft, but not overly so. They look kind of small out of the box but they install fine.
[/quote]

Mind posting a link to the interlocking ones...the sand wraps interest me, maybe we're thinking of the same grip?

whatever grip that came with there tricept wedge paks last year, were horrible, i think it was called the xtreme v...gummy and got slick in a heartbeat...that's why I'm hesitant to give them another shot.

[quote name='pcs11' timestamp='1423068019' post='10883335']
Great info Borker! This is why the Wrx is such a great place. I'm going to check out Star Grips. Do you just order them directly from the company?
[/quote]

The Golfworks is now carrying Star Grips.

http://www.golfworks.com/category.asp_Q_pc_E_3_A_c_E_10278_A_c2c_E_ln

A great product!

[quote name='ode1' timestamp='1423104607' post='10887311']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mind posting a link to the interlocking ones...the sand wraps interest me, maybe we're thinking of the same grip?

whatever grip that came with there tricept wedge paks last year, were horrible, i think it was called the xtreme v...gummy and got slick in a heartbeat...that's why I'm hesitant to give them another shot.
[/quote]

Sandwrap and the Interlocking are similar. Sandwrap is just a little rougher texture...[url="http://www.golfworks.com/category.asp_Q_pc_E_3_A_c_E_75_A_c2c_E_ln"]http://www.golfworks.com/category.asp_Q_pc_E_3_A_c_E_75_A_c2c_E_ln[/url]

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"

[quote name='Nessism' timestamp='1423108067' post='10887679']
[quote name='ode1' timestamp='1423104607' post='10887311']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sandwrap and the Interlocking are similar. Sandwrap is just a little rougher texture...[url="http://www.golfworks.com/category.asp_Q_pc_E_3_A_c_E_75_A_c2c_E_ln"]http://www.golfworks...E_75_A_c2c_E_ln[/url]
[/quote]

Thx.

• 4 years later...

Broker! Still the man years later. Shows the right response to a thread can still be seen and appreciated years later.

I’m a full cord fan. I have since moved on from a set of Titleist that have the old Titleist full cord golf pride grips. So, going to try and salvage the grips, and put them on my vokey lineup.

Should that fail, I found Tackimac makes a full cord grip in the USA.

1. Anyone have knowledge info about tackimac.com/Tour-Select-Black-Full-Cord_p_49.html. ....... really made in USA?

2. Anywhere else in USA making full cord grips.

> @cz13X4 said:

> Best Grips down in Texas.

I definitely agree!!! I have Augusta Microperfs on all my clubs except putter. Love these grips!

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5° (tour issue 9.9), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S   ||  3W:  TaylorMade M4 15° (small head), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid at 17°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S  ||  Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Wedges:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged: 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff ||  Putter: Byron Morgan custom Epic Day

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016 ball)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

Tacki mac definitely makes all golf grips in the USA in their factory in Texas. I told them they might want to think on updating their site so it screams made in USA..... as I had to call to find out. The operator actualy gave a polite laugh when I asked about the Tour Select Black Cord, because she used to actually make them. They also picked up the call right away which was cool.

The cord grips from Royal are definitely made in China... I didn’t ask about the others. They may have been USA made before Golfwerks bought the brand, but no longer

> @HawkeyeDan said:

> I wonder if some of these grips are made in the same plant. I believe the Tackimacs are made in TX. Also learned recently that Avon owns Tackimac, but there are Avon grips not made in the USA.

> @BobSlydel21 said:

> Tacki mac definitely makes all golf grips in the USA in their factory in Texas. I told them they might want to think on updating their site so it screams made in USA..... as I had to call to find out. The operator actualy gave a polite laugh when I asked about the Tour Select Black Cord, because she used to actually make them. They also picked up the call right away which was cool.

>

> The cord grips from Royal are definitely made in China... I didn’t ask about the others. They may have been USA made before Golfwerks bought the brand, but no longer

There is an Avon Grips factory/building on the north-northeast side of Houston just north of Kingwood. I used to pass it on the way to a course I used to play with a buddy of mine (Oakhurst Golf Club).

Since this thread has been resurrected....

Found Star Grips about 15 years ago or more. Went with Sidewinder, awesome grips, lasted forever. Needed rain gloves in the precipitation, but they were pretty good. Overall, absolutely love them.

Couldn't find them for a while, got into Pure Pro grips for a while. Quite good, so long as they're dry, but when wet, i found them not so wonderful. And, the sketchy possible IP theft origins make them less attractive to me.

The leather grip options out there are probably the best if you play in humid conditions. Here in MN, they would be awesome in summer, but when I tried a couple GripMasters several years ago, I found them a bit less good in the cooler temps. Have a couple Best Grips to try, haven't installed them yet (analysis paralysis, too many iron sets), will probably wait until next season at this point.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h, NV105 S

Irons grab bag:  2-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft pending); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedge grab bag:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400; Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 58*, Dynamic S; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

In the past I've recommended the tacki-mac itomic which is great for me, but for some reason people shy away from the brand. It's a bit of a puzzle. I didn't know they manufacture in the U.S. The itomic is a little larger and firmer than most and super tacky. It's suppose to be an answer to the iomic but that is a soft grip. It is made out of a material that seems to fuse to your skin, but not really.

On the subject of sweaty hands I would suggest that the next time you go out for a practice session you wear some wrist sweatbands. I sweat profusely and thought my hands sweated but not so much. A pair of sweat bands keep my palms dry even as sweat drips off the cuff of my shorts while walking in the Georgia summers.

CXX. Branding. Everything in life is about marketability. Look at the Titleist website. Or Golfpride. Compare to Tacki Mac. I really don’t mean to offend the folks at Tacki MAC, but their site looks like an 8th grader made it in 2005.

You see companies like Stitch, Vice, True Linkswear, Travis Matthews and Linksoul... the branding is fresh and modern... everything they do is made in China. Don’t matter though because they kill it on the look factor. The moment a US company out there starts marketing themselves better, hipster up, they’ll kill it.

I just received 8 of the Tacki Mac black full cord in the mail, for my purposes, they’re dope. Exactly what I hoped for and only $5 each for made in USA. Just as good or better than the golf pride Titleist I used for years.