2015 PRO V1X Feedback

Millionairemind

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap... they have screwed up my ball???!!! I haven't hit the new one yet....oh wow that means they will be a run on the old ones.... gotta go! lol

TM Stealth +  8* Kai li 60x 

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

Tsi2 21* graphite design Ad IZ 8s 

Titleist T100 4-pw MMT 125 TX 

Very sm7 50* edel sms 54* 58* MMT 125 TX 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

From what I have read the paint process is different and the cover is softer. Engineers are saying with the softer cover there should be more short game spin and it should be more durable since with a softer cover the impact is disseminated across a larger surface area. Everything else is the same.

It should feel softer but we all know that is subjective.

Stay Tuned...

would anyone consider playing either V1 or V1x based on the course you play? If you play a long course, would you play V1x and one that has fast greens, would you play V1? I was chatting with an Edwin Watts employee who suggested that. I've always played V1 and never thought about it? They also have a whole rack left of 2014 models of both.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

[quote name='drvrwdge' timestamp='1423145263' post='10889303']
From what I have read the paint process is different and the cover is softer. Engineers are saying with the softer cover there should be more short game spin and it should be more durable since with a softer cover the impact is disseminated across a larger surface area. Everything else is the same.

It should feel softer but we all know that is subjective.
[/quote]

I have heard the softer is more durable line and don't buy it. Are hard balls like Pinnacles and Top Flites the least durable balls on the market? Nope.

I hope the X works for me this year. The 2009 X was the best for me, disappointed with the 11, and liked the 13.

I did receive the titleist pro v1x 'test balls' sent out late last year...if they have stayed the same with no changes, I will say they are definitely more spinny, get up much higher and would even say that they have a borderline 'balloon' type flight, making it play short. I didn't like it at all and will stick to last years model.

[quote name='pingbling23' timestamp='1423148312' post='10889633']
So we have opinions from the ball is shorter, longer, harder, softer, and the same as last years model. Thread fail? Lol
[/quote]

Haha very valid point. I am going to rephrase my question. Has anyone who is a consistent ballstriker done an on course comparison of the 2013 and 2015 Prov1x?

[quote name='Jon H' timestamp='1423144503' post='10889243']
The x is harder than last year. Definite change in feel. It is longer off the tee though.
[/quote]

Titleist is marketing this as softer. Haven't hit it but tried the test ball / prototype and was softer.

"More short game spin and control with softer feel, high launch and low spin for extraordinary distance and long-lasting durability."

Titleist TSI3 Diamana DF 60
Titleist TSI3 3W Speeder Evolution 757
Titleist 816 H2 19* Fubuki AV400
Titleist T100S AMT Tour White
Vokey SM8 50:54:58 AMT Tour White
Evnroll ER2B

I played with it yesterday for the first time. It definitely had more greenside spin for chips and pitches. However, I did notice it was about a club shorter on full iron shots. I just thought it was cold and the ball wasn't flying, but by the end of the round, I was taking an extra club to make sure I got to the pin. It made me question it to the point that I came here looking if anyone else had the same experience. I guess others have noticed it too.

Titleist TSi3 - 9* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TS3 Hybrid - Even Flow
Titleist U500 - 4 iron, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist T100s 5-9, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist Vokey SM8 RAW - 46*, 50*, 56*, 60*, DG Tour Issue X-100 & S-400
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Masterful

Playing the new model for the past 3 rounds. Cover seems softer but the ball has a higher pitched noise at impact with mid irons to dirver like its a higher compression. Most will not notice any difference in this area though. Spin around the greens appears to be the same, distance with driver (and all other clubs for that matter) is just slightly longer for me but not enough to brag about.

This ball is the standard that all others are measured against. Would be a dumb move for Titliest to change much plus I think we are at the limit at what we can do with the golfball (and still be legal).

I haven't hit the new models yet but I play the 2013 ProV1. There is no magic pill. If a ball is designed to add more spin it will lose a bit of distance. Inversely if a ball is designed to spin a bit less it will be slightly longer. At this point of the ProV1 models evolution I wouldn't think Titleist would make any major changes to their pro-line balls. A tweak here and there is about it. Even the previous ProV1 models major improvements were more durable and brighter covers. It seems (from what I've read) this year Titleist went for a bit more spin and a softer feel.

I received a sleeve for testing and was not impressed. I found the feel to be harder and didn't see an increase in distance. The issue with added spin as reported by some was a non factor with me. I still liked last years ball better, but I also have been using the Project a ball during the late fall and winter rounds.

Ping…G410 9* w/ GD IZ- 6
TM....Sim Ti 3 wood W/Hzrdus Yellow 70-s

Callaway Super Hybrid Speed, Tensei pro orange 86-S

Taylormade p790 with $-Tappers 120-S 5-PW

Callaway 57*PM Grind, Vokey SM8 50
Scotty Cameron Big Sur CS-46”
Jones Original
Titleist AVX

With the nice weather over the weekend and near 80 degrees I found the time get 36 in yesterday with the new Pro V1X. Played the 13 X almost exclusively for 2 years. Comparisons of 15 to 13.

- Higher mid iron spin. For me certainly the most noticable difference.
- Longer off of the tee.
- Slightly more green side spin.
- Slightly softer putter feel.

Overall I was pleased but worried about the iron spin. I will finish the box and possibly try something else. Not sure yet.

[quote name='Isaac_Newton' timestamp='1423505713' post='10918171']
With the nice weather over the weekend and near 80 degrees I found the time get 36 in yesterday with the new Pro V1X. Played the 13 X almost exclusively for 2 years. Comparisons of 15 to 13.

- Higher mid iron spin. For me certainly the most noticable difference.
- Longer off of the tee.
- Slightly more green side spin.
- Slightly softer putter feel.

Overall I was pleased but worried about the iron spin. I will finish the box and possibly try something else. Not sure yet.
[/quote]

How did you feel the spin off the driver was compared to the 13? Did you feel the distance off the irons was the same but with more spin?

I honestly think that you need to be close to a professional level player for the ball to make any difference on your score especially going from a prior generation Prov to a newer one. 99.9% of the golfing world (including myself) simply is just not good enough to tell any difference other than putter sound/ feel and certainly not good enough for it to impact the number on the card. Just my opinion though.... With that said I have 5 dozen 2015 ProV1x's

[quote name='Wardonation' timestamp='1423507951' post='10918411']
This is such a funny topic too me. I am a +3 handicap and the ONLY ball that was WAY different was the 11 ball. That ball was a total spinner. THis ball is great and NOT much different at ALL compared next to the 13 ball. It has a touch more spin around the green and is a touch softer..
[/quote]

Well I am a +2 and I thought there was a big difference and liked it wayyyy better! So there!

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

[quote name='Drudersh' timestamp='1423508854' post='10918513']
[quote name='Wardonation' timestamp='1423507951' post='10918411']
This is such a funny topic too me. I am a +3 handicap and the ONLY ball that was WAY different was the 11 ball. That ball was a total spinner. THis ball is great and NOT much different at ALL compared next to the 13 ball. It has a touch more spin around the green and is a touch softer..
[/quote]

Well I am a +2 and I thought there was a big difference and liked it wayyyy better! So there!
[/quote]

The line in the sand has been drawn at +1.5 :good: