Bridgestone J15 CB & DF VS. Srixon 745

FairwaysToHeaven

For those of you who chose the J15 CB's, which shaft did you end up going with? Looking to get a set with the stock DG Pro s300's or the Modus 120 stiff. Any feedback on this head with either of these shafts?

I also went back and forth with the CB's and Z745's, ultimately like a lot have said, the Bridgestone's just felt a tad softer and more forgiving..used the DG Pros in my testing..

I went with the Modus 120X. Since they were a no charge upgrade I thought if I didnt like them I would just sell the pullouts and get something else.

For reference I had one of the test drive demo kits that came with the DG Pro and the KBS Tour shafts. Those two shafts felt very similar in flex and swinging the club. I would give the slight edge to the KBS for being better balanced then DG Pro but the Pro was better then I expected. I never liked any DG product before.

Do you normally play x-stiff? I heard the modus 120 play soft to flex so I'm thinking I should go with the 120X too. I assume you like them?

I have the J15's cb's with Modus 120 Stiff shafts and feel they pair well together. I do believe they will be a little lower flight for you. At least mine are.. As for stiff vs Xstiff, my 6 iron swing speed is between 86-91. I do have to make sure I try to swing smoothly. If I were to do it over again, I would have gone with the xstiff due to I am more of an aggressive swinger.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who chose the J15 CB's, which shaft did you end up going with? Looking to get a set with the stock DG Pro s300's or the Modus 120 stiff. Any feedback on this head with either of these shafts?

I also went back and forth with the CB's and Z745's, ultimately like a lot have said, the Bridgestone's just felt a tad softer and more forgiving..used the DG Pros in my testing..

I went with the Modus 120X. Since they were a no charge upgrade I thought if I didnt like them I would just sell the pullouts and get something else.

For reference I had one of the test drive demo kits that came with the DG Pro and the KBS Tour shafts. Those two shafts felt very similar in flex and swinging the club. I would give the slight edge to the KBS for being better balanced then DG Pro but the Pro was better then I expected. I never liked any DG product before.

Do you normally play x-stiff? I heard the modus 120 play soft to flex so I'm thinking I should go with the 120X too. I assume you like them?

Normally would play a stiff or stiff plus. This is my first set of iron shafts that say X on them. These play more like a stiff plus to me. TIf I had to order over again I would have had them soft stepped once or twice since I like to err on the softer side of flex.

IMO the j15cb is not a comparable iron. The J15cb are just that are a CB, where as the Srixon z745 is a muscle cb, exactly the same as what the J40 was. They are both by appearance and to some technical degree the same irons. The only other comparable iron I have found almost spec for spec, looks, design comparable to the Z745 is the current Tour Pride M2 irons.

Are the j15 cb satin chrome finish? I know J.W. And Golfjunki say they are easier to play than s55.....true?

Yes I agree with Golfjunki. I keep saying this, but significant cavity on j15, much more than 714cb. Makes the j15 more forgiving , definitely more forgiving than s55, not even close.

never hit the s55 but i find the 15cb less forgiving than the s56. even though the 15cb head is a tad bigger.

• 3 months later...

Bringing this back from the dead a little. I've been playing the J15 CB with Modus3 120 for the past year. I really liked them to begin with but have been looking at the Z745 lately and wondered if anyone else had moved from the J15 to the Z745 and benefited. I'm looking at the DG shaft on the Srixon and am probably between the R300 and the S300 with my current Modus. Any opinions about that decision are welcome.

Bringing this back from the dead a little. I've been playing the J15 CB with Modus3 120 for the past year. I really liked them to begin with but have been looking at the Z745 lately and wondered if anyone else had moved from the J15 to the Z745 and benefited. I'm looking at the DG shaft on the Srixon and am probably between the R300 and the S300 with my current Modus. Any opinions about that decision are welcome.

If you like the shape and size of the Z745 & Z765, look also at the Mizuno MP66 or Tour Pride M2 Forged Irons.

• 1 year later...

I have just hit the J15 CB, DF, and CB.

Preferred the CB for feel. Preferred them to Srixons, too.

Mind you, I'm a 12 handicap hack, and probably have no reason to be playing these players clubs.

They're not "players" clubs, they are simply golf clubs. The industry has segmented clubs like this to make more different types of clubs for players for profit. A bigger shovel of a club will not make your score better, I guarantee you. A CB is a players club, a game improvement club, call it what you want, it's a golf club. The only "players" club may be a small blade, other than that they're all the same except for tricky marketing and designs on the back cavity of the club, it's a big joke, I've been golfing over 30 years and seen it all...just my 2 cents...

Mind you, I'm a 12 handicap hack, and probably have no reason to be playing these players clubs.

They're not "players" clubs, they are simply golf clubs. The industry has segmented clubs like this to make more different types of clubs for players for profit. A bigger shovel of a club will not make your score better, I guarantee you. A CB is a players club, a game improvement club, call it what you want, it's a golf club. The only "players" club may be a small blade, other than that they're all the same except for tricky marketing and designs on the back cavity of the club, it's a big joke, I've been golfing over 30 years and seen it all...just my 2 cents...

You are on the most aggressive Bridgestone threads revival spree wrx will ever see

I would have to disagree a little with the statement that all players CB are the same... Similar maybe but there are still some technological differences out there. The 745 is a great example of this, sole design and COG is different than many others out there which will work differently for each player, some may fit it, some may not. The AP2 has a little higher COG and tends to launch the ball higher, may not suit everyone, but may be just right for some. Insinuating that you can choose an iron basically based on what cavity badge you like best isn't the best advice to be giving IMO. There are lost of subtle differences to consider still when looking at players CB.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"