Nike golf. post your products.(NO BuySellTrade POSTS)

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, those are gorgeous.  I would love a set of those.  I just picked up a set of pro combo irons that were in pretty rough shape.  The previous owner had removed the black and painted the Nike symbol

so a friend wanted to get rid of a set of Vapor Pro that had been sitting for cheap so I figured sure why not. I already have driver, wood, wedge and putter.. picked them up and I was actually worried

Took a while to find them all, but finally completed my set of the Nike VR wedges - including a NIP SW. Probably on of the best ever made. Absolutely love how they go through the turf and the spin th

Posted Images

WOW... My Vapro Pro's need some TLC... Might be this weekend's project after seeing these...

Taylormade SIM 8* | HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5

Taylormade SIM Max 18* | Aldila Rogue White MSI 130 80X

MIzuno MP20 HMB 2 | KBS $ Taper 130X

Mizuno MP20 4-PW | KBS $ Taper 130X

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Raw 52/MID 56/MID | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport 2

I've got a 58 Dual Sole for links and baked conditions, works beautifully.

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85X, A1 Setting

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - PW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Rusties - Nike Engage 50, 54 Square Sole, 58 Dual Sole, DG Wedge Flex

The Ladies Putter - Nike Method 003 "The Oven", 33.5 inches, ex Carly Booth

Not a BST post, but I have zero idea how to price out these clubs. The going rate on eBay for used sets and single irons for both the Vapor Pro and the Vapor Pro Combo is all over the place.

I bought a full set of Vapor Pros (3-PW) for $400, then admitted to myself that I couldn't hit the long irons and had to go get the 3 and 4 out of the Combo set from Dallas Golf, which set me back almost $100 with shipping.

I'm looking at a mixed set of used irons in pretty good shape for $350, but I don't know. It's the exact mix of clubs I want (3-6 Combo, 7-PW Pro) and I want to have a backup set to mess around with, but it's real hard to fork over the exact same amount that I just paid for a set that had the plastic still on them.

Is the supply of brand new Nike irons drying up, or do these things keep popping up from time to time? Basically, should I buy them now or can I wait? I don't mind buying used, but eBay is so sketchy sometimes, even with reputable sellers.

That's where the full set came from, and I was $100 off. They were $500.

I've seen them pop up on eBay once in a while, but always at ridiculous prices. So thanks, I kinda figured that the supply was dwindling.

edit: I’m still checking ebay religiously though, holding out hope that somebody stumbles across a set they hit a couple times and hated, put in their attic, forgot about, and now wants to be rid of them so badly they’ll undercut the market by a significant margin.

• 3 weeks later...

What wedges are the closest to the Nike dual sole grind?

Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
Nike 006 Rory Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
TP5x Pix

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

No. If you want some Nike irons look for a set of original blades or the Vr Pro or Vr Pro Combos. Great feel and head profile is traditional blade. IMO the Vapor Pro's and VPC's had a harsh/hollow feel to them. Not enough weight directly behind the ball.

TaylorMade M2 10.5[sup][size=2]o[/size][/sup] / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Nike Vr Pro Ltd. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
Callaway Apex 3/20[sup]o [/sup]/ UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23[sup]o [/sup]/ UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
Nike Engage 58 DS / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike SV Tour 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Origin B2-01
Nike RZN Tour Black

From a personal standpoint, I would absolutely pull the trigger. I have a brand new set of Vapor Pros, and a barely used set of VPCs. I love them both, flight and feel and everything else, so I plan on playing a mixed set. If I could get my hands on a 4-PW set of the combos I, Bubs, would jump on it. I'd do the same if I could get the Pros for that price too, just because these clubs are out of production and I like them so much. I want to preserve all the brand new stuff as long as possible so I've been on the hunt for anything from either set in decent shape to hack around with.

I agree that the VR sets are "better" but unless you're shopping for your main set of irons I think anything from Nike is worth picking up if you like their stuff. The Vapors are great clubs

• 2 weeks later...

Just to see what he'd counter with, I offered $200 on this set of the Tigers, and the guy accepted on accident. To his credit, he honored the price even though it was $150 under listing and shipped for free.

Did I score these real cheap? Similar listings seemed right around that $300 range, I was prepared to pay a lot more. They look good, but I haven't received them yet to see for myself. Even if they're dinged up, it's a full set for $200 that I've always wanted.

Now if I can get my hands on the original blades I'm all set.

• 4 weeks later...

While stuck in self isolation I decided to build myself a new nostalgic half set, over a few days that plan has now turned into an all nike mixed bag.

Driver. Flex 440

19* 5 wood. Covert

26* 5 hybrid. Sasquatch

32* 7 iron. Vapor fly pro.

Any help and recommendations to round out the bottom half of the bag?

• Like 1

Disagree. I think the Vapor Pro and Pro Combo may be Nike’s best overall irons. It was the last series they made and they did a great job. Don’t feel hollow at all to me and Nike got the COG right in the center. They feel great if you hit them in the middle and they don’t lose a lot of distance on toe hits. Nice leading edge grind. These were innovative with how they used the RZN polymer in the heads — PXG before PXG existed. Players are still gaming the VPC because they are so good. Hit them yourself and see what you think.

Finally found a decent set of VR Pro blades for just around $100. Probably out of my league, so won’t put them in the bag right away. Will bring them to the range every so often. Just bought them to display them in my office.

Also came across the Nike Method putter couple of weeks ago. Had to get used to it, but really starting to like it. Seems like the grooves are a bit springy. Ball comes of like a rocket.

JJIEBWJAW5TL.jpeg

Ping G400 Max 9* - Alta CB55 S

Ping G410 22* HY - Fujikura Pro 2.0 S

Srixon Z U65 20* - Miyazaki Tour Issue S

Srixon Z565 4-AW - N.S. Pro 980 GHS S

Titleist Vokey SM6 56* F grind

Titleist Vokey SM6 60* F grind

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...