2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Nike golf. post your products.(NO BuySellTrade POSTS)

Kye123

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 4:45 PM, omoub001 said:

Is there a RZN equivalent to the Platinums? I'm running low on what I have left and I've actually moved over to the Vice Pro Plus to hold on to my stock a little longer.

If you are still looking shoot me a PM I have a friend in the Phoenix area who should have a ton of them

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

• 2 weeks later...

9A784D26-CA63-4E18-A8D6-D966C108347A.jpeg

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

3 hours ago, denismcg said:

Wow, those are gorgeous.  I would love a set of those.  I just picked up a set of pro combo irons that were in pretty rough shape.  The previous owner had removed the black and painted the Nike symbol gold.  The aluminum back plates were in rough shape so I tried a little carbon fibre look vinyl car wrap.  I will shaft them with S400 TI once the collared ferrules arrive.

IMG_20201230_091100.jpg

Those look awesome. The PO of my combos took the green out and started to sand the PW. I got the black off mostly, but they also took the badge off and nothing seems to get the residue off.

I got a 5-PW set and just got a 3i head off here. I hope to have a full set by net month. 

I love these irons, they were exactly what my game needed.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

On 12/27/2020 at 9:07 PM, NoFancyUsername. said:

The Japanese Vapor combos...5 years on and still a new set around 🙂

nike vapour pro.jpg

Man those look even nicer than Vapor Pro!

My collection is growing yet again.. I'll update with a picture soon. Still loving the Vapor Flex. paired with Diamana blue 60x it is a rocket launcher. I am finally starting to get on terms with it.. can control the shape much better now.. still have to work hard for a draw but high and low is now on demand. 

• Like 1

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

2 hours ago, mister2cool said:

My collection is growing yet again.. I'll update with a picture soon. Still loving the Vapor Flex. paired with Diamana blue 60x it is a rocket launcher. I am finally starting to get on terms with it.. can control the shape much better now.. still have to work hard for a draw but high and low is now on demand. 

I have the vapor Flex 440 but I'm tempted by the first vapor flex cut down to 43.5" with some lead tape to play at 12.5* as my safety driver (Trying out 2 drivers this year, the other being a bomber)

23 hours ago, mister2cool said:

20 hours ago, Hertsjoatmon said:

I have the vapor Flex 440 but I'm tempted by the first vapor flex cut down to 43.5" with some lead tape to play at 12.5* as my safety driver (Trying out 2 drivers this year, the other being a bomber)

I went down that road, and the SLDR...two drivers that i had to work too hard trying to control them...Playing the Ping G410 now. Best driver i have played, including those i have demoed.

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

Took a while to find that Vapor bag that didn't cost an arm and a leg

20210117_003112.jpg

• Like 3

PXG SD 58*

37 minutes ago, NoFancyUsername. said:

I went down that road, and the SLDR...two drivers that i had to work too hard trying to control them...Playing the Ping G410 now. Best driver i have played, including those i have demoed.

I just got fit for a pgx 0811 xf gen2 which I've set up as a straight bomber. I had g400 max but my miss is heel side which was punished.

Wanted a second option, shorter more controllable while still being super forgiving so wanted to go an inch shorter with 3* more loft. Always liked the flex which is why I short listed it. I could just use my existing callaway fusion at +2 D. 

• 3 weeks later...

Since:

a) can't find a Vapor Pro Combo 4i

And 

b) I really want to try the VR Pro Combos 

I picked this up until I find said Vapor 4i. I'm excited. It's only 1 degree off.

Screenshot_20210209-141048.png

• Like 1

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

I honestly didn't notice the plastic in the pics (using my phone to surf) and now that I have it I see that it's actually brand new never been hit. 

For whatever reason between yesterday and today I managed to piece together a 4-PW set of VR Pro Combos with S300 shafts. 

So in about a week I should have everything and will do a head to head and see if I like the VR Pro or the Vapor Pro Combo more.

I'm excited. I got a small surprise bonus so I decided why not.

Edited by lefthack
  • Like 1

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

• 2 weeks later...

So what are people's thoughts on the Vapor Pro Combos in 2021? These have been the only irons I've been gaming since I started to really play golf 2 years ago (bought at a really great price before I even played years ago when Nike slashed all their prices after they got out of the golf equipment business). 

Still at a ~23 handicap with iron striking I think being the worst part of my game. Been debating putting my ego aside and giving up and just getting game improvement irons to help in that regard. 

Recently went to two TM and Callaway demo day fittings and got fit for the TM Sim2 Max and Callaway Apex DCB 21 irons. 

The only thing that makes me hesitant about upgrading my irons is the lofts are so strong these days and I'd have to replace a lot of the other clubs around to keep my gapping. The Sim2 Max 7i is 28.5* compared to 34* VPC 7i; 28.5* is between 5i and 6i in the VPC!

Much to think about..

Driver - Ping G400 9*

Wood - Ping G25 4W 16.5*

Hybrid - Nike Vapor Speed 3H 20*, Titleist 816H1 4H 23*

Irons - Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-PW

Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 CB 50* 54* 58*

Putter - Nike Method Converge S1-12 Counterflex

I bought a 5-PW set about 3 months ago and I love them. I found a 3i, but I am still looking for a 4i.

I should have a 4-PW set of VR Pro Combos by Monday and will be seeing which I like better.

<edit> my game wasn't bad when I got these but they were a HUGE upgrade from my 20+ year old irons 

Edited by lefthack

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

1 hour ago, jlai said:

So what are people's thoughts on the Vapor Pro Combos in 2021? These have been the only irons I've been gaming since I started to really play golf 2 years ago (bought at a really great price before I even played years ago when Nike slashed all their prices after they got out of the golf equipment business). 

Still at a ~23 handicap with iron striking I think being the worst part of my game. Been debating putting my ego aside and giving up and just getting game improvement irons to help in that regard. 

Recently went to two TM and Callaway demo day fittings and got fit for the TM Sim2 Max and Callaway Apex DCB 21 irons. 

The only thing that makes me hesitant about upgrading my irons is the lofts are so strong these days and I'd have to replace a lot of the other clubs around to keep my gapping. The Sim2 Max 7i is 28.5* compared to 34* VPC 7i; 28.5* is between 5i and 6i in the VPC!

Much to think about..

I think you also need take into consideration some other factors, like where you are in life and where do you plan to go with your golf game. 

Back when I was in the 20's and first started golfing, I was shooting well over 100, and I got myself a set of Hogan blades for practice and played a set of Nike original Pro Combo. I wanted to get much better and I didn't mind the punishing pain blades could deliver. Ironically the Hogans were so good that it was the Nike's that were much more painful, but that's the another story. 🤣

My point is that SGI clubs like Sim Max would make the game more enjoyable for right now, but they are not gonna make you a better golfer, and they would undoubtedly lessen the drive to improve to some degree. If you are at a point of your life where improving golf game isn't really all that important, and you'd rather have fun while golfing, then why not make the switch and have more fun. 

Vapor\VR Pro Combo look to be a lot more cavity back in short irons than the original so they should have decent forgiveness. I honestly think you would gain a lot more if you put some of the cost for a set of Sim2 Max towards lessons. 

• Like 1

PXG SD 58*

40 minutes ago, mister2cool said:

I think you also need take into consideration some other factors, like where you are in life and where do you plan to go with your golf game. 

Back when I was in the 20's and first started golfing, I was shooting well over 100, and I got myself a set of Hogan blades for practice and played a set of Nike original Pro Combo. I wanted to get much better and I didn't mind the punishing pain blades could deliver. Ironically the Hogans were so good that it was the Nike's that were much more painful, but that's the another story. 🤣

My point is that SGI clubs like Sim Max would make the game more enjoyable for right now, but they are not gonna make you a better golfer, and they would undoubtedly lessen the drive to improve to some degree. If you are at a point of your life where improving golf game isn't really all that important, and you'd rather have fun while golfing, then why not make the switch and have more fun. 

Vapor\VR Pro Combo look to be a lot more cavity back in short irons than the original so they should have decent forgiveness. I honestly think you would gain a lot more if you put some of the cost for a set of Sim2 Max towards lessons. 

You're completely right, thanks for putting it into perspective. I am in 30's now and I imagine I will be playing this game for the rest of my life. Getting SGI irons would probably just be a band-aid to the real problem of fixing my swing. 

I did take about 10 lessons with 2 different instructors my first year but put everything on hold after covid happened. I will definitely look into getting more lessons soon now that things are starting to look better. 

• Like 1

Driver - Ping G400 9*

Wood - Ping G25 4W 16.5*

Hybrid - Nike Vapor Speed 3H 20*, Titleist 816H1 4H 23*

Irons - Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-PW

Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 CB 50* 54* 58*

Putter - Nike Method Converge S1-12 Counterflex

On 2/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, jlai said:

You're completely right, thanks for putting it into perspective. I am in 30's now and I imagine I will be playing this game for the rest of my life. Getting SGI irons would probably just be a band-aid to the real problem of fixing my swing. 

I did take about 10 lessons with 2 different instructors my first year but put everything on hold after covid happened. I will definitely look into getting more lessons soon now that things are starting to look better. 

I play 2/3 sets because of this, my full set is game improvement clubs and my half set which i use for practice and casual rounds consists of 9 clubs in a lightweight carry bag and are less forgiving. Makes me have to practice different shot types and really focus in on my ball striking.

I also have a 3rd set of 5 clubs that is for the driving range only that consists of a titleist 983k driver, a great big bertha 7 wood ('04), a mizuno mp4 7 iron and pitching wedge and a ping eye 2 becu sand wedge. These really make my focus on my ball striking and provide great feedback.

I've matched the shafts and swing weights across the sets as much as possible so to try and minimize the variables to head forgiveness only.

Best of both worlds...

On 2/2/2021 at 12:08 PM, alanman said:

Picked up a set of vr_s forged irons to game! 

vrs.jpg.e5116ebd69eff044a7f3d2695c984a68.jpg

Very nice!  I just went back to the VRS forged and picked up another set for backup.  Great irons!

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

• 1 month later...