2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Master Grip or MG golf gloves - TechGrip reviews?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought one of the DynaGrip Elite's last year and got a second for free and I can say 100% this is the longest lasting glove I have ever bought. I typically go through 2-3+ gloves a year depending on how much I play and I haven't even taken the second glove out of the pack yet. I still have enough life left in the first to start this year. I'm going to buy two more this year along with a dozen of their balls to test out.

I can't directly answer the OP question because I have never used the dri-fit or the tech grip but I can compare the elite to the top of the line foot joy gloves and they feel every bit as good and last longer for me. If that holds true for all their gloves you can expect the same when comparing the tech grip to your Nike. At $14 for two gloves it's worth a shot!

SLDR Tour ADbb
Adams Black Superhybrid 15* Aldila Voodo
Taylormade Rescue TP 18* Rip Alpha 85
Callaway Apex Forged 4-p Kbs Tour
Ping Tour S 49* Taylormade XFT TP 52/58
Custom Lajosi DD201

Anyone that doesn't play MG gloves is a sucker. MG gloves perform as good or better than any gloves on the market. They don't have the huge price because they spend almost ZERO on marketing and product placement, doing all sales through the website.

Every glove I have purchased has been fantastic. Really long lasting.

It actually saddens me a bit that I don't purchase from them more often. I keep getting the "we want you back" emails with discount codes. The only reason I hadn't been back is I had purchased 6 gloves (3 gloves doubled to get free shipping at the time) two years ago and still have them. I finally opened my last one last week when our season started here. I had given 2 away. So I've use 3 gloves in 2 years playing 150 rounds a year plus practice. YMMV.

I don't work for MG. I have no vested interest in their success. But I can't sit idly by while others with a different experience bash the product.

The only thing I don't like about MG gloves are the lack of colors. I buy Asher gloves from time to time for the colors, but they are too expensive and don't last at all. Especially compared to the MGs.

My previous favorite glove was the Nike Dri-Fit Tour. Not exactly the same as the Tech, but close. They don't make that glove anymore so I went on a quest to find a new glove. I tried everything at Dicks and Golf Galaxy on... Only liked gloves with a solid Palm. So I decided for the cost, I would try a Tour Elite and Tech from MG.

Hands down, best glove I have tried. Their Tech is VERY close to My old Dri-Fit Tour and the Elite is (imho) equal or better than the FJ StaSoft and Titleist Tour, at MUCH less cost.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to like the MG Dynagrip Elite. The cabretta leather is soft and durable. The glove seems to be well constructed. However, the one thing that drives me crazy about this glove is the velcro closure won't stay closed. It comes loose when I hit a ball and it comes loose just standing around. Anybody else have this problem?

[quote name='Deepfork' timestamp='1428365374' post='11298425']
I want to like the MG Dynagrip Elite. The cabretta leather is soft and durable. The glove seems to be well constructed. However, the one thing that drives me crazy about this glove is the velcro closure won't stay closed. It comes loose when I hit a ball and it comes loose just standing around. Anybody else have this problem?
[/quote]

I have worn MG gloves for my last three rounds, not a single issue with the velcro.

I love their gloves. Also love the 3 or 4 packs you can get at Costco. Callaway Cabretta leather ones. 3 pack for $12 or a 4 for $16.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

[/quote]

I have experienced this issue - in fact I was planning on posting a follow up to the review I posted on the gloves awhile ago. I got two of the standard dynagrip gloves and the leather is awesome, but have already had to put the second one in play because of the Velcro issue.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

I've been playing the MG Dynagrip (standard) for a few months and never had a problem with Velcro or anything else. In fact I just ordered 6 more from their eBay site (better deal there than MG direct). Thanks to the GolfWRXer that posted the eBay link in here somewhere.

I wear a Cadet XL and the Dynagrip fits true to size.

just placed this years order yesterday. Got another dynagrip elite and, thanks to this thread, got a tech grip as well. I will be sure to post my thoughts once I get it. Also ordered a dozen of the c4 balls...$20 for a 3 piece urethane is hard to beat, hope I like them.

SLDR Tour ADbb
Custom Lajosi DD201

[quote name='Minarets' timestamp='1428760363' post='11333553']
I love their gloves. Also love the 3 or 4 packs you can get at Costco. Callaway Cabretta leather ones. 3 pack for $12 or a 4 for $16.
[/quote] How does the sizing of the two compare? I used to use the Costco ones but I no longer live near a Costco. Also do you know if the Costco gloves are more similar to the dynagrip or the elite? Thanks

Ping G30
Titleist 915 F
Ping Rapture Hybrid 21
Mizuno MP15 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50, 56, 60
Byron Morgan DH89

My order came in yesterday and had a chance to check out the Tech Grip Glove. I couldn't really complain about anything, quality is good, constructed well, the spandex on the back of the had does what it's supposed to. If you like that type of glove I would absolutely not hesitate to buy one. I still prefer the Dyangrip elite but I'm keeping the tech grip as a backup just in case....

SLDR Tour ADbb
Custom Lajosi DD201

• 3 months later...

no, these are regular gloves..

But I have emailed them to find out if they plan on offering a rain glove

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

No go on the rain glove. But I did just get my dynagrip elites in today. Not as thin as I figured it would be. But definitely a good glove. Hit some driver shots with it to feel it out. Definitely a steal. It fits a little tighter than I would like. But it's good leather so I imagine it will stretch and fit me better once I get a few holes in with it.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Another very positive vote for MG gloves. Bought three of their Elite gloves for myself and three for our son (HS golfer who practices and plays a lot.) Can't say enough about the quality and feel of these gloves. The only complaint I have -- it is so nit-picky -- is that the packaging is essentially a thin paper envelope. I like to keep my gloves in the original packaging in my bag while in rotation -- and the packaging is so flimsy that I couldn't use them more than a couple times. But let's face it, I never wear the packaging on my hand when I play golf -- and if it keeps the cost down and the quality higher for the gloves -- I really don't care at all.

I have read Brians "i hate MG golf now thread"

;)

I always thought it was weird that NOBODY ever seemed to say anything bad about this company. At least now we have the dark and light side of things.

I have dealt with Brian99 before and i figure, he may be on the dark side of things, but he probably has cookies, or ding dongs or snacks of some kind. So if the MG thing doesn't work out for me. I know I will have good company if I so choose that path.

Biggest thing for me, was the tech grip one I ordered for my kid (he is 13 and can't wear kids gloves anymore. (guess I will have to treat him differently, haha) but the mens gloves are all WAY to big.
MG offers a ladies glove that fits him right (ladies medium) but doesn't look any different than the mens glove. a lot of the main brands try the "lets make this a froofy glove to sell it" and I can't ask him to wear a glove with pink and yellow flowers.

and this is good as its his first time having a "real" glove. all the kids gloves were, well, awful.

FWIW, I read about the velcro thing before I tried my gloves... I was a bit worried... but it seems ok..

Brian, if you are still reading this, did they replace your gloves for you and did they at least work better?

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1439895143' post='12159948']

Brian, if you are still reading this, did they replace your gloves for you and did they at least work better?

[/quote]

I wore MG Gloves exclusively, for 10 years. About 2 years ago, I think they changed their supplier and that's how the "velcro issue" began.

Yes, they replaced the gloves, but the replacements aren't any better. After 3 or 4 rounds, the velcro is useless.

[/quote]

I don't have this problem. I love this glove. I started using it earlier this year. My only complaint, and this isn't the fault of the glove, but my genetics, is that in the Florida heat and humidty the softness of the glove makes it difficult to take on and off. They remind me of the Titleist gloves I used to buy, except at 2 for 13.95 and not 1 at 19.99.

I will probably give the tech a shot when I run out of the current gloves.

Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS, Oban Devotion 6
Callaway Rogue ST 3 wood
PING G400 3h, 4h
Titleist T300 5i - GW (KBS C-Taper Lite)
Callaway PM Grind 54 and 58 Degree
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

I bought a few pairs of all 3 models at the start of this season since I was getting their balls too and wanted to try the gloves. I've played 70ish rounds this year while wearing an MG glove and have yet to experience any Velcro issues or ripping. Maybe they do have a QC issue but for the price it's still worth it imo.

I have bought the Tech grips for years. For the price you cannot beat them. I will say quality control can be a bit "iffy". I have had a few gloves rip very easy putting them on, while others are fine. Overall, for the price, I think they are a great deal. I cannot stand spending $15-$20 on a glove as I go through them. I hate crusty gloves so I throw them away as soon as they lose their tacked.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey

[quote name='BrianL99' timestamp='1439892817' post='12159866']
MG sells JUNK

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1184146-mastergolf-mg-gloves-off-the-charts-junk-deal-on-g-fores/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...eal-on-g-fores/[/url]
[/quote]

Sadly I agree with this. The leather is excellent quality, as good as any glove I have used, but the velcro is total garbage. I e-mailed them to see if they would send a new one, they wanted me to send the old one back first. For a $5 glove it is not worth my time. I'll spend $10-15 and get a name brand glove with velcro that doesn't come undone after every shot.

[quote name='malys78' timestamp='1439989510' post='12168360']
[/quote]

I don't have this problem. I love this glove. I started using it earlier this year. My only complaint, and this isn't the fault of the glove, but my genetics, is that in the Florida heat and humidty the softness of the glove makes it difficult to take on and off. They remind me of the Titleist gloves I used to buy, except at 2 for 13.95 and not 1 at 19.99.

I will probably give the tech a shot when I run out of the current gloves.
[/quote]

where in fl?

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

played my first round on the Elite Glove... other than it being a little snug.. performed as good as any glove i have ever played.

its not as thin a glove as I thought... doesn't seem to be titleist players thin... but its comfortable and has plenty of tack

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis