Vice Golf balls

NetBogey

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I feel like none of these publications writing about the Vice balls have actually used them. There are quite a few sites and "personalities" that all roughly say the same thing, most likely meaning Vice sent out a press release, or their marketing guy contacted some of the heavy hitters, and the story spread.

Bummer too, because I know a lot of us are always looking for cheaper alternatives, especially if they perform as advertised.

Had a dang Amazon gift card and couldn't find anything for the life of me to buy. Then I read this article and thought "what the Hell, if Amazon has them then I'll waste it on a dozen balls and see how they are."
Recently just had surgery so starting Monday I'll get some stitches removed and I'll be able to start putting and hopefully chipping. If you guys like I could attempt to give a small review if no one else has tried them yet.

Played my first round with a vice pro yesterday. I usually play the b330s. Also have played v1 and v1x. Overall for $25 a dozen these are an absolute steal. To me the regular pro v1 has always been my favorite ball for shots under 100 yards but it's short and impossible to control in any type of wind. The v1X has always been my favorite to putt with and has the best overall feel and a very nice ball flight but it just doesn't spin enough for me around the green.. The B330s has the best ball flight in terms of both distance and control, and the spin around the green is on par with the regular v1, but its feel is definitely not as good as the pro v balls.

With that said, the Vice Pro is a little shorter than the B330s and Pro V1x but its a lot longer and better in the wind than the v1. It's not as good as the 330s or regular V1 around the greens, but it spins more than the v1x. It has a softer and slightly better overall feel than the 330s, but is not quite at the level of the Titleist balls. It was a little windy when I played and it was much better than a regular pro v1 would have been in the same conditions.

Overall, it's a really good ball. It is a seamed ball though and I know that can drive some people crazy. It is much better than I expected for the price and truly is a pro level ball. I don't know if I'd choose it over the B330s as my gamer but it's almost as playable and has a better feel. If you want to play a true top quality ball and want to save some money, or you just like to play something a little different, give them a try. Also, they are very durable. I played the entire round with one ball even after a driver shot landed on a cart path on 14.

I too grabbed a dozen of the PRO balls in white and have played 2 rounds. 1st off I am a 2 handicap and have been as low as a +2. I typically don't comment on stuff as much as just look around on the forums. 1st round I played the same ball for 12 holes before getting a bit quick on a swing and having it bounce into some ivy. Finished the rest of the round with a new one.

Initially I thought the feel (with my hands) was a bit stickier than the ProV1X. Kinda reminded me of ProV a few years back straight outtathebox. Titleist makes an awesome product. I love the ProV line but would never tee it up with a Callaway or Taylor Made... So....overall had the same feel off the putter I would expect from the ProV.

I only play about 3 or so times a month but that 1st round I did not notice anything better or lacking compared to the ProV. It spun what seemed the same, chipped the same and flew the same. The conditions were ideal with a high of 74 and slight wind.

Today I played my second round with them (TPC Harding Park) and the conditions were more versatile as we teed off at 7:30 and it got up to about 70 and the wind was gusting. I played the same ball the entire round and again I cannot honestly say they go further or shorter or curve or spin more or less. The ball reacted the way I would expect and it performed beautifully. The only thing I would comment on would be that it may be more durable than the ProV... After an entire round I would tee it up again without hesitation.

So I know this review is vanilla but it was just 2 rounds and I am happy with my purchase. Now if they are in fact infringing on Titleist thats another story but for the time being I still have 9 pearls left to play and have no problems teeing them up even though I now play 14 Titleist clubs in the BAG! The Vice logo does look sweet by the way!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='smootmoose' timestamp='1429157271' post='11370747']
I too grabbed a dozen of the PRO balls in white and have played 2 rounds. 1st off I am a 2 handicap and have been as low as a +2. I typically don't comment on stuff as much as just look around on the forums. 1st round I played the same ball for 12 holes before getting a bit quick on a swing and having it bounce into some ivy. Finished the rest of the round with a new one.

Initially I thought the feel (with my hands) was a bit stickier than the ProV1X. Kinda reminded me of ProV a few years back straight outtathebox. Titleist makes an awesome product. I love the ProV line but would never tee it up with a Callaway or Taylor Made... So....overall had the same feel off the putter I would expect from the ProV.

I only play about 3 or so times a month but that 1st round I did not notice anything better or lacking compared to the ProV. It spun what seemed the same, chipped the same and flew the same. The conditions were ideal with a high of 74 and slight wind.

Today I played my second round with them (TPC Harding Park) and the conditions were more versatile as we teed off at 7:30 and it got up to about 70 and the wind was gusting. I played the same ball the entire round and again I cannot honestly say they go further or shorter or curve or spin more or less. The ball reacted the way I would expect and it performed beautifully. The only thing I would comment on would be that it may be more durable than the ProV... After an entire round I would tee it up again without hesitation.

So I know this review is vanilla but it was just 2 rounds and I am happy with my purchase. Now if they are in fact infringing on Titleist thats another story but for the time being I still have 9 pearls left to play and have no problems teeing them up even though I now play 14 Titleist clubs in the BAG! The Vice logo does look sweet by the way!
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, what course did you play the first round? (I'm in the valley too)

[b]Driver:[/b] PING G30, 10.5* - Oban Kiyoshi Purple
[b]Hybrid:[/b] PING G25, 20* - Aldila Alpha RIP
[b]Irons:[/b] PING G15 4-pw - KBS Tour
[b]Wedges:[/b] Nike Engage 50* 56* 60* - DG S400 Tour Issue
[b]Putter:[/b] Scotty Cameron Inspired By Davis Love III
[b]Grips:[/b] Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2g, White, +1 wrap
[b]Ball:[/b] Vice - Pro Plus, Snell - My Tour Ball
[url="https://instagram.com/blakeswineford/"][img]http://www.mgmresorts.com/livethemlifecontest/assets/images/icon-instagram.png[/img][/url] [url="https://twitter.com/BlakeSwineford"][img]http://www.michigan.gov/images/e-michigan/TwitterIcon_354893_7.jpg[/img][/url]

• 3 months later...

I played the Pro Plus today. It reminded me of a Bridgestone e7 a lot in feel and flight. Maybe not quite as high, but definitely spun more than my regular B330 off the driver. Uncle played the $10 and $15 versions today, and he loved them. The Tour felt like an e5 to me (higher flight).

If you have a slower or average swing speed, these will be absolutely fine. If you play in the 105+ category, you'll be wanting better performance.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• 1 month later...

Been gaming the Vice Pros for a year now.

Somewhere in between the two Pro V's. Great shortgame spin and great feel.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

• 10 months later...

Based on advice here and from some local players at my club I ordered a selection pack for £16 to try them out.

Let's just say that what came in the sleeves was more than a little confusing. I'm dealing with Vice Golf just now to sort it out but the whole order is going back to Germany!

*Edit - I'll update once the case is resolved.

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

Overall, I'm still a big fan, but over my last few rounds, I've noticed my Pro Neon has had pretty weak durability. Pulled a brand new ball out of the sleeve, 4th hole blocked it right just a bit, but straight, and it caught a cart path. Ball had a huge gash and scrape out of it, just 4 holes in. It just brought to mind that it seems as if they're being torn up a bit more than I'd like.

Nothing beats a Srixon Z-Star yellow as far as durability, but for $25/doz it's still a good deal, even if they get ragged faster.

Been playing the Pro Plus for about a month now - previously using the CS16. The Pro Plus is a really good ball, especially if you buy at the $25/dzn price. It's been longer off the tee than the Callaway, and I really like the slightly lower trajectory with my irons. The only place where I've been disappointed is on shots from 30-40 yds and in. I'm not able to put enough spin on the ball, and it feels rock hard. Those shots are rolling out a lot more than I'd like. So far in trying out the Snell MTB for a week, I've been able to control similar length pitch shots more effectively. For my money, it's got the Pro Plus beat.

TM M5 9* Diamana D+ LTD 70X
TM M5 15* Tour AD-DI 8X
Ping G400 Crossover 19* HZRDUS Black 6.5
TM P750 Tour 4-PW KBS Tour X
Vokey 51, 55, 60* DGTI S400
Odyssey 2-Ball
Snell MTB-X

I got some of the pro plus in last week and hopefully I can get out this weekend and test them out. I've only chipped in the yard with them (about 60 yard chips) and they definitely feel a little softer than a prov1x when I hit them side by side. Feel good off the putter too. Can't wait to get them on the course.