Any open NH, ME, VT or northern MA courses?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Scottish Highlands in Salem, NH
Butter Brook in Westford on Friday
Red Tail Sunday

All I've heard for now

* Scottish suppose to be opening Friday- Should have said that :)

Callaway BB Alpha Hybrid
Callaway Apex Irons 4-PW w/ Recoils
Scratch 50° Wedge
Yururi Gekka Raw 45°,49°,53° w/KBS Tour
TM Rossa
Wedges Custom built by Spargo Golf

[quote name='Bigchaddy' timestamp='1428433759' post='11305017']
Red Tail Sunday

All I've heard for now

[/quote]

Where did you hear Butter Brook on Friday and Red Tail Sunday? I work almost on top of Butter Brook and doesn't look nearly ready, the driving range is still completely covered. AND I live near Red Tail and we still have ice/snow in many places exposed to the sun. I am still leaning mid-april for these locations, as it still states on Butter Brook website.

[quote name='jselz' timestamp='1428497638' post='11310161']
Red Tail Sunday

All I've heard for now

[/quote]

Where did you hear Butter Brook on Friday and Red Tail Sunday? I work almost on top of Butter Brook and doesn't look nearly ready, the driving range is still completely covered. AND I live near Red Tail and we still have ice/snow in many places exposed to the sun. I am still leaning mid-april for these locations, as it still states on Butter Brook website.
[/quote]

OK, found a tweet from Red Tail that they are opening Sunday. Found a tweet from Butter Brook that they are opening April 10th, but tweet dated 2013!! I can see Red Tail trying to open, but not Butter Brook based on amount of snow still on driving range.

Note these areas are supposed to get 1" of snow with additional freezing rain/sleet tonite. 60's over the weekend!!!

[quote name='jselz' timestamp='1428497638' post='11310161']
Red Tail Sunday

All I've heard for now

[/quote]

[/quote]

I heard about Butter Brook on another site.

And as for Red Tail I have a tee time :) Pro Shop said 90% they will be open

Callaway BB Alpha Hybrid
Callaway Apex Irons 4-PW w/ Recoils
Scratch 50° Wedge
Yururi Gekka Raw 45°,49°,53° w/KBS Tour
TM Rossa
Wedges Custom built by Spargo Golf

[quote name='ChrisNH' timestamp='1428367363' post='11298767']
Anyone know of any open NH, ME, VT or northern MA courses?

I heard that the Links at Outlook in southern ME is opening 9 holes this coming weekend. Anyone know of any others?

Got back today from Ocean City MD and am itching to play some more around here. :)
[/quote]

I've got a tee time for Saturday at Outlook. They are playing holes 3-9, then 10 and 18.

Oaks is open on the 20th, and Nippo on the 18th. Still nothing from Pease or Breakfast Hill.

Our tee time is for 1105 and I think we have room for a 4th, you interested in joining us?

[quote name='Swampcooler' timestamp='1428512787' post='11312113']

I've got a tee time for Saturday at Outlook. They are playing holes 3-9, then 10 and 18.

Oaks is open on the 20th, and Nippo on the 18th. Still nothing from Pease or Breakfast Hill.

Our tee time is for 1105 and I think we have room for a 4th, you interested in joining us?
[/quote] I could make that work. Can you confirm for sure that you've got an opening? Thanks. :)

Played Ridgewood in Moultonboro yesterday. Was in surprisingly good shape and greens, though a bit slow as expected, were very puttable and healthy looking. Like the course design - lots of character. Lots of target golf with some opportunities to bomb it mixed in. And their driving range is all water with an island to shoot at for target. $35 including cart was a great deal. Will definitely be back. :)

Played Ridgewood in Moultonboro yesterday. Was in surprisingly good shape and greens, though a bit slow as expected, were very puttable and healthy looking. Like the course design - lots of character. Lots of target golf with some opportunities to bomb it mixed in. And their driving range is all water with an island to shoot at for target. $35 including cart was a great deal. Will definitely be back. :)

[quote name='ChrisNH' timestamp='1429614065' post='11405179']
[quote name='vermontgolfer' timestamp='1429388872' post='11387991']
Rutland Country Club in Vermont opens tomorrow. Playing there tomorrow morning.
[/quote] How was Rutland? In pretty good shape?
[/quote]Rutland was in decent shape, relatively dry, the greens were uncharacteristically slow.

Drove over to VT today and played the Country Club of Barre. Was in pretty good shape and greens were rolling well. Very quick. I should have had a great scoring day, hitting 14 greens, with 4 or 5 birdie putts inside 8 feet, but putted right off of 2 of the greens. Had 38 f#$%^g putts and shot 78. LOL

Edit: forgot to mention how much I like the layout of the course. Lots of elevation changes, a driveable par 4 from the back tees and lots of character.