What Did You Shoot Today? (Continuation)

1t2golf

Well played 3 times over the long weekend Sandridge Lakes course in Vero Beach shot a 100 horrible round +13 over par on the par 5's. If not for some good putts this score would have been much worse. Day 2 played Turtle Creek in Rockledge probably one of the toughest courses in Brevard County it has water everywhere shot a 93, driver was horrible all but for 2 holes once again putting saved this score from going in the toilet. Day 2 round 2 play our municipal course which is a very forgiving course and proceeded to shoot my lowest round yet. Carded an 81 best round yet only lost 1 ball, less than 2 putts per hole great round.

Shot a 93 on a 6500 yd PAR 72 yesterday. 7 - 3 jacks 1 - 4 jack on PAR 5 in 2, simple 25 foot for eagle, 4 putted for bogie. Now that's talent. One 1 - putt (yes, there was a birdie in there).

The sad part was on the same hole my buddy pulled tee shot short into a tree, hits low hooking 4 iron just to advance it. Hits a 3W to 10yds off the green, pitches on and makes the putt for PAR. You can find his body in a shallow grave left of the green on #13.

7 GIR, one penalty shot for the round. How do you manage a 93 you ask? Short game and putting (46 for the round) sucks.

If it wasn't so fun I'd quit. Can't wait for next Sunday.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

Best round in years

Played up to the golds with the old guys today

Working on tempo and chipping a lot lately

Started with a drive down the middle, stuffed the GW, drained the birdie

#2, left rough, airmailed a 7 iron off the back into water hazard, scrambled for a bogey

Finished the front with 3 3putts in 4 holes for a 39

Back had a double early, birdied 16, 3 more 3 putts spread out, ended up 40

79 from the gold tees, if the putter was working it could have been much better.

Just last week I shot a 101, albeit a tougher course, but not a crazy hard layout.

Funny game......

had my best round in 5 years yesterday. shot a 96, and in difficult conditions too. played a course I hadnt been to before it was short but with thick rough on the front 9 and in strong winds. Had an up and down front 9 with 2 double bogies and 2 net eagles in the first 5 holes but struggled on the next 4 and finished the front in a 2 over handicap 50. the back 9 was the original 9 hole course for this site and was much better thought out and the trees had grown in etc. finally came alive able to play holes that were less penal with shorter rough allowing me to play more creative shots and came home in a 3 under par 46. took 35 putts which is showing yet more improvement to my putting which is nice, my chipping for the most part had sorted out the problems of my previous rounds, my driving wasnt superb but was good enough and found that my 5 wood works perfectly from about 210 and in which helped me go low on the back 9.

Shot an 85 yesterday. Second best of my life. Didn't drive the ball particularly well,but I hit 71% of the fairways. Only had two blow ups and they were doubles. Not a triple at all. 2 birdies, one on a longish par 5 that I had a six foot eagle putt from the best 3 wood of my life. Turned that into a bird. Putting hurt as usual, I had 39 total putts. And the 3 putts were ridiculous and inexcusable... Gotta work on the putting more. My irons were as good or better than ever. And I'm looking for a Wishon 919fd now to replace this G5 I struggle so terribly with.

State open qualifier I shot 3 over 75 and missed by 2 shots. Course played 6800 .

Made a bad double in the 2nd hole trying to get to cute with a lob shot from short side of green . Tough to double the 2nd hole. Day knowing cut usually around 1-2 over but I hung in there and played pretty solid even with my back to the wall .

Hit 12 of 14 fairways

11 of of 18 greens

Had 2 birdies 3 bogeys and 1 double

Damn the rain is killing me in putts.... they cant cut the greens to soggy...its shaggy as hell

84 Yesterday

8/14 Fairways

11/18 GIR

40 Putts - yups you read that right, 1, 1 putt, 5, 3 putts

1 Bird, bunch of pars, bunch of bogeys and 1 damn Triple

You ever had one of those days that just wouldnt go your way...... Yups Hit 4 Trees.... hit 2 trees on the triple hole, not bad shots, just clipped the trees and killed the ball.....damn it.

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Today was a good day.

35-36-71

Birdies on 2 and 3. Bogey on 4. Finished with 14 straight pars. Hit 12/14 fairways and 15/18 greens. Could have gone low if I had been a tad sharper with the putter. A pair of misreads on short putts and a few that I just missed because my speed was slightly off. 33 putts on the day. All in all I was very encouraged because I really didn't miss a shot badly all day. The 3 greens I missed were all par 3's and they were just decently struck but just slightly off target. I hit all of the par 4's and 5's in regulation or less.

85. Drove it the best I have all year. Irons were good. Putting finally came around. Switched to the claw and a forward press. Wedge game iffy. Made 3 birdies. Also made a quad. The quad was a mental mistake after a bad tee ball. I tried to play out to the fairway from some thick junk not thinking I could take unplayable and have a clear but blind iron to the green. I messed around in the junk and eventually added a 3 putt.

G430 LST 9 Matrix 50M4 R Black Tie

BRNR Mini 11.5 Midr Proto 65R*

Epic Speed 16.5 4w 21 7w IM10 60 5.5*

Apex UW 2021 17 Smoke Black RDX 70 5.5*

Stealth DHY 17 20 23 AV Raw Blue 70R*

TSR2 21 & 24 AV Raw Blue 75R*

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

RTX Full Face Black 54 60 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 CH 34in SS Pistol 1.0

Srixon  Star XV

Shot 76 with 4 birdies.... Little disappointing to make 4 birds, and give that many strokes back!!

Driver: 9* Callaway Rogue sub zero w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
3w: 15* Callaway epic w/ aldila rogue 110 s flex
Hybrid: 19* Mizuno Jpx 900 w/ fujikura s flex
DI:  Adams dhy 21* w/ aldilla green S flex
Irons: Mizuno mp 18 sc 5-pw w/ Nippon modus 3 120x
Wedges: Vokey sm7 raw 50 F, 55 S, 60 M w/ dynamic gold black s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron newport 3 w/ super stroke

Sort of a rollercoaster for me. -1 earlier this week on the first 9.

87 today, 42/45. I just could not get it going. Stupid mistakes, length on the greens bad, bad reads, loads of divots to play from (8 times!). But please in all it was me, not anything else..

Some old clubs in one of the many bags. Just slapping some balls around trying to have fun.

Damn, kinda getting dialed in a bit, had best of the season 75 on Monday, then shot 76 today with a double on 18 (38-38). What pisses me off is the first putt looked dead center, then dove and caught the bottom lip, shot it 5ft past, then lipped it coming back., should have been 74.

I had 30 putts with the 3 jack on 18, and the wedge game is getting better. I am hitting 3 wood in a few places and it is paying off. Hit 3 wood, gap to about 10 feet on 11 and made it. I am hitting the driver good, but don't always need it.

I feel pretty good right now, scores have been trending down. I have definitely seen improvement in short game/putting, but solid iron play has been the key, misses still hit the green right now.

The callaway 816 3 wood is a silly club, you would have to pry it from my hands, but I have a new one in the corner in case.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Had a horribly disappointing 91 today. Seemed to be hitting the ball well but when I hit one bad, man it was really bad finding all sorts if trouble.

Highlight being hitting back towards the tee box from out the trees since there was no other option.

At least the summer seemed to finally arrive today.

I hesitated posting this because I didn't want to deal with all the naysayers but screw it.

Friday left work early. Great pace and was paired with three really cool guys.

After starting with two pars I hit some really squirrelly shots and had back to back bogies. Then one of the best runs of my life. Next 14 in -4. Drove the ball SO well. Two of the birdies were from kick in approach shots, one was a two put on a par 5.

I stood on 18 needing a birdie to shoot 69. I've never broken 70 on a par 72. Best drive of the day right down the gut. 104 out to a front flag.

Hit what I thought was a perfect 54* but it ballooned on me and came up short. No chip in but an awesome 70 (from the blues) none the less.

The round before this was a two over 72 at a really easy course ( Medowlark) but very happy to have two consecutive rounds where I played my absolute best.

Thinking my index may take a dip come the next revision.

TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
Ping G400 14.5 PING Tour 80g S
Ping Anser 17* 23* PING Tour  S
PING iE1 5-PW Modus3 105 S
PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

79 on Mohegan Sun Golf Course from the Whites. Not exactly a long course, but I will take breaking 80 any day. Needed to make Birdie on the short par 5 18th to post a sub-80 round. Hit a 6i off the tee to avoid the water hazard, then hit my 3w 5 yards off the green. Chipped to about 8ft and made the putt! Great feeling.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

71 today. 71 par course. That isn't crazy low for me, not even the lowest round of the year, but it was HUGE for other reasons.

Got fitted or new clubs a while back, realized on the SIM a couple of things had gotten out of whack, so I made a couple of significant changes. Then I got a horrible case of the shanks. As in 2-3 a round for 6 rounds in a row or so, and multiple in a row on the range. The last few weeks have been brutal, just fighting and doubting everything. I have been hitting a bucket every day, some days walking away feeling good, other days wanting to step in front of bus.

Today, everything came together with the swing corrections and my head case. Did nothing especially brilliant, made just two bogeys, two easy birdies, and just was solid.

Looking very much forward to the next round I wont be playing insecure and afraid.

Shot a 45 (+9) for league tonight. After the first 4 weeks of league and scores 51, 54, 50, 52...I have been hitting a good groove. Last 3 weeks of league have been 44, 47 and 45. All on a par 36 for 9 holes. Par putts are right there as well just not dropping. I am seeing progress to shooting lower so I am very happy how my game is progressing. Keep em straight boys!

I forgot to post my round from last week. Normally, if I forget to post, I wouldn't post. But, this is probably one of the best rounds I have had since picking up golf again last year even though my final score may not reflect it in the end. I shot a 92 with a 42 front and 50 back. The two nines were so different performance wise. The front 9 had 6 pars, 1 bogey, 1 double and 1 triple with 13 putts where the back had 1 par, 3 bogeys, 2 doubles, and 2 triples with 17 putts. For me the front showed me where my game can be, and hopefully is headed, and the back is where my game is currently. I am very encouraged by this and I am really looking forward to my next round!

Played in league for the first time in a couple weeks. Shot 43(+8). Best I've played in a couple months. Didn't lose any balls to the water today which has been my issue in the past. Hit really well off the tee and had pretty solid iron play but I had 21 putts which wasn't great. Had a 3 putt and a 4 putt and left a couple birdie putts short but overall I'm really happy with this round and hope I can keep it going.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5