2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What Did You Shoot Today? (Continuation)

1t2golf

First round in a while I've hit the ball as well as I should be able to..

Shot a 75 with no birdies, 3 bogeys, a stupid triple, and an eagle.

The no birdies was frustrating too. I hit 12 greens in regulation and was within 15' every one of them, and they just weren't dropping. The greens / pin placements were such that a poor putt can really get away from you, so it's tough to be aggressive on them. Except

the eagle putt. That one was hit with some pace right at the back of the hole lol.

same course, same score as yesterday, but 6 less putts (and 4 more drops/penalties).

13 through the front nine after starting on the back, with only one three-putt.

tough course with narrow, draw biased fairways... so basically the worse course for a hack fixing his erratic hard fade (thankfully, the slice is virtually gone...

wanna break 30 for putts in a round by the end of the year.

Sun Mountain 2017 4.5 LS 4-way Stand Bag

PING Anser 11°, Graphite Design Tour AD Black Di-6-X

Titleist 915Fd 15° 3W, Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S

Wilson/Staff D-100 19° 3H, Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S

Adams Idea Black CB2 4-PW, KBS Tour 90-S

Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/10, DG S400

Edel E-1

Just shot the greatest round of my life, an 82 on a 6500 yard, 71.5/121 slope. Previously it was an 83 on a 5900 yard, 68.1/113 slope course. A very big jump for me. My previous best at this course was an 88.

9 pars, 8 bogeys, 1 double.

- Had a chance to shoot 39 on the front, but three putted from 30 feet on 9. 40 (+4) is tied for my lowest for a 9. I shot a 41 on a Par 37 front 9 at another area course.

- Had the greatest par save of my life on 15. Wild tee shot right left me 190 from the hole in a woodsy area. There was one opening where I could skirt the right edge of one tree, while carrying another MONSTER tree (60+ ft high). It was either try this miracle shot, or punch into the fairway leaving me ~150 for my 3rd. Well I hit the greatest 3 hybrid of my life, skirted the front tree, carried the monster tree. It was a little left of the green though and landed on the left slope and bouncing away from the green. I did not get the greatest break. The ball ended up rolling onto the down-slope of the 16th tee box where I had another 25 ft tree between me and the flag stick, which was about 40 yards away. I grabbed my 56* wedge and put a charge into it.. again ON A 20-25 DEGREE DOWNSLOPE!.. I cleared the tree by a mere inch or two and plopped it onto the green. I run up to see it and I'm 12 feet past the hole. Read a left to right break, Bang into the cup.

- Up until this point, I had kept my emotions completely under control. But after that par, the adrenaline was pumping like crazy. I was +6 at this moment, needed a +1 finish over the last three holes to break 80.

- A good drive on 16 (a shortish par 5), but a bad second shot resulted in some very bad luck as the ball rolled up next to a tree trunk leaving an unplayable lie. I ended up pitching on, but three putting for my first double of the day.

Note about me: I had been a mid-90s golfer for years, but quit for several years as I wasn't getting any better. I got back into it this year and I devoted TONS of practice time, and I mean like 100+ hours since the start of this season. It's taken that kind of dedication. I've now had 4 of my past 5 rounds under 90. Loving every minute of it!!

Smooth 88....Blech!....Ventana Canyon in Tucson. 3 ob/ lost balls. First time around the course and super slow play.

Lost interest about the 14th hole due to pace of play.

Can't wait to go back and play it again, hopefully a bit faster pace or a different mindset next time.

Beautiful course......just need to keep it in play off the tee.

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

87 hitting only 1 GIR. I took 29 putts but I had to take two chips on a couple of holes. I sucked beyond my normal suckage.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Hit it in the water SIX times. Some terrible shots (topped 7-wood into lake just off tee for a 2-stroke penalty, skulled pitching wedge into lake fronting green), but mostly just slightly off (tiny draw off tee kicks left, 2 8-irons hitting slopes just off the right side of the green, etc.) Managed an 87, made several long putts, including a long, curling birdie on 18 from off the green. I have to fix this standing up through impact thing.

Been on vacation, haven't updated lately... Last 2 rounds

Shot a 72 at a very unfamiliar course that played pretty tough without much course knowledge. My sister in law talked the entire round and drove me crazy a bit but I managed to keep it together for the most part.

Back home, shot another 72 with 16 pars. Had one tap in birdie on the front and 1 bogey on the back. It was the best I've played in a long time. Finally starting to feel like my game is back after basically taking 3 months off for baseball season. Hit 14 greens and drove the ball pretty well for the most part. I hit a lot of good putts but not many dropped. Missed a 4 ft birdie putt, had 3 catch part of the hole and also 3 putted from 25ft after reaching in 2 on a par 5.

WITB
D - Taylormade SIM 2, Kuro Kage 60x
5w - Taylormade SIM 2 Max, HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70g 6.5

4h - Taylormade SIM Max, Speeder Tour Spec 9.3x

2i - Callaway XForged UT, Recoil ES 780 F5

5i-PW - Mizuno 921 HMP, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges - Mizuno T20 49*, Taylormade TP EF 54*, Vokey 60* M Grind
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft V

Ball - Mizuno RB Tour X

Played today at a course I know very well.

Rating 69.0

Slope 121

My handicap is down to 18.2 from 21.3 after playing great this week at another course: 91, 96, 83, 87 (69.5/122).

I've been having trouble with my drives but have been lucky with being able to avoid penalty strokes, and have been putting the best I've ever putted. Today was no different to start, then realized my shoulders were misaligned with my feet. I got my traditional fade back after realizing this, losing the nasty pulls. I was +1 after 3, then chipped in for eagle at #4, a par 5. My first ever chip-in, and my first ever eagle.

Then proceeded to double-bogey the 5th and 4-putt the 9th for a 40 on a par 36. My second best 9 holes - shot 38 on a par 36 on the 69.5/122 course mentioned above.

So I was +5 after 15 holes (+1 on the back nine), when the thunderstorm hit and we had to stop...I will never know what my score would have been. At 16th, the toughest hole of the course, I had completely missed my drive, so I hit a 9 iron in the middle of the fairway, facing a third shot 160 yards from the middle of a croissant-shaped green protected by a huge sand trap below it. That's when we stopped. So the best I could expect on this one was a bogey, to be realistic, but who knows.

So I'm pumped about playing so great lately, but frustrated for not knowing what might have happened. I've pared those last 3 holes before, just like I've triple-bogeyed them. All I know is I had a real chance at a sub-80 round.

Played a member guest yesterday at a cousins club. Shot 2 over 74 Never seeing the course before. Had 1 double caused by a unfortunate break. Hooked a drive hit the cart path and roxketed into the woods . Never found my ball. Think tbat was the only fairway I missed

Made 3 bogeys, 1 double and 3 birdies.

A disappointing 76, as weird as it feels to say that. Had a 3 putt par on a par 5 after hitting it in two, missed a 4' birdie putt after hitting a real nice shot from 125, etc. But at the same time, I need to consider the up and down from the sand, and the 2-3 par putts I made from outside 8', and the 2 par saves from outside 12'.

I played great in tougher situations, and came through, but messed up on a couple easier holes.

Conditions were tough. 15+ mph winds for the first 12 holes, so to keep it in check and come up with that score did feel good I guess. I was -1 on the front through 5, and even on the back through 16. 39/37 on a par 72.

I played in my men's captains day at my local club.

Had 39 points with a. Unlucky blob.

Missed a green by about 5 yards hit a down slop and it shot OB.

Putted like a god. Only missed one putt from inside 10 feet which sat on the edge of the hole.

Add in a closest to the hole on a par 3 and the longest drive can't complain apart from the howling rain.

Just shot 86 on RTJ The Shoals Fighting Joe. Started off terribly on the first hole and a +4. Was able to settle down and put together a 5 hole par streak and a 3 hole par streak which are both really good for how inconsistent I play.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

Just shot 86 on RTJ The Shoals Fighting Joe. Started off terribly on the first hole and a +4. Was able to settle down and put together a 5 hole par streak and a 3 hole par streak which are both really good for how inconsistent I play.

Played there. Really good, fun course.

The great round that almost was....

I was +2 through 8 when the rains came. Tried to rush through the par 4 #9 to wait out the rain at the turn and took a bad approach shot that found water. Ended up with a 6 on the hole. Went in to wait out the rain, but the rain didn't let up so we didn't get to go back out.

My personal best is +6, 78 (40/38), so being +2 after 8 (which included the #2 & 4 handicap holes and the hardest par 5), I would have had a great chance to match or beat my best score with a good back 9.

I guess the positive is that I get to spend all week thinking about how well I was striking the ball. The negative is that I missed an opportunity to have a really special day on the course.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

Played there. Really good, fun course.

I like these courses a lot and play them every chance I get. Both courses are really fun.

Played Schoolmaster this morning and shot 88. My back wasn't feeling great and that cost me a couple shots. Did have 3 less putts than yesterday so things are trending in the right direction.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

75. I went 42-33 with 5 birdies on the day. I life time best -3 on the back.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 4-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Odyssey AI-ONE 7S

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

76, 5 over. My personal best thus far, with a ridiculous chip/putt save. I'm pretty happy with my chipping, but I flat out bladed one (gonna blame the moon here) into the hill behind the hole, where it hit a rock and bounced back thru the green to 4 feet. Scores are dropping since I took my head out of my a** and learned how to aim off the tee.

73. 34-39. Two over. Par 71. Rating 72.5 Slope 126. 6737 yards.

Most crazy up and down round in a long time. Was rushing to the course with no warm up and felt stiff and creaky. Not the young flexible buck like in my younger days. First two holes were as horrible as they could get ball striking but still managed to go bogey, par. Then rattled off a hat trick. Three straight birdies.

Long story short, ended up with two doubles. three bogies. five birdies. Ball striking was horrid especially with the driver, but sank a lot off putts.

72, 37-35. Even Par.

Very sloppy day overall with 5 birdies and 5 bogies. 2 three putts on the front 9 and failed to get down 25Ft from the fringe after hitting great second into par 5 on the back. Didn't hit the driver all that well, but hit irons and wedges very solid.

Little work today and let's see if we can clean it up on Friday.