2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

WWE wrestling thread

MtlJeff

The fans barely got into some of the matches, personally I don't feel they have the talent pool to sustain exciting PPV events, especially with Rollins hurt and Cena not there.

Bringing out the old guys is showing a sign of desperation. I'm getting sick of the long drawn out Undertaker entrances, he is past his prime

10.5* Cobra LTDx Driver w/ Veylix Alpina Shaft

14.5 * Taylormade Stealth + Fairway wood w/ Veylix Rome Shaft

19.0* Callaway Rogue ST Max w/ Graphite Design Tour AD 75 shaft

4-PW Callaway Apex 21 w/ Accra steel 105g shafts

Edison Wedges w/ Accra Steel 115g shafts (49*, 54*, 59*)

SIK C-Series Pro Putter w/ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar Shaft

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the PPV because i had (passive brag alert!) box seats at the Cards/Bengals game in Phoenix!

But watched it on DVR. The crowd sucked big time. The concerns about it being a bad PPV were fair , but the crowd has a lot to do with it (and they sucked) and also the booking was always going to be very difficult. The injuries are just too much to deal with, Cena out, Rollins out, Orton out, Rusev was out for the leadup. These are some of their hottest guys. Apparently Cesaro is legit injured now too. They didn't have a good enough talent pool to leave KO and Del Rio out of the main event picture, so they had to include them in the tournament, which means no US belt or IC belt matches....and Sheamus as champ i guess makes sense because if Reigns won he had zero people to feud with unless they pay Brock to come back early (but they will save Cena or Brock for Wrestlemania)

Me and my friends predicted that this PPV would suck, because short of a major move in the finals, like a Reigns turn....there was nothing they COULD do.

But in the end i'm OK....i'm the worlds only Sheamus fan. I love Sheamus LOL....his theme is my ring tone

The moonsault off the top rope from KO was worth it too. Owens is a flat out stud performer, and a great mic guy. He's going to be the next CM Punk. A "real" guy who is neither good nor bad, and blurs the line between kayfabe and real

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

For the record, I'm officially jealous, I'm a Cardinals fan living in Ohio... Haven't been to a game yet at UOP Stadium.....

i'm convinced that HHH is doing the women's booking and Vince is doing the Mens. The Divas has been booked smartly, Paige turning, the somewhat "is she bad or good" development of Charlotte...positioning Becky as the ultimate baby-face. It's working....i'm actually interested in the Divas matches

The mens draw? They are booking Sheamus literally EXACTLY the same as they booked Seth Rollins. He was this tough heel who hated underdogs...now all of a sudden he's a coward who leaves the ring and has henchmen to protect him. Didn't we see this SAME exact storyline? Is there a single person who doesn't realize that they are just trying to stack the odds against Reigns to gain him sympathy? You couldn't just achieve the same thing by booking Sheamus as a strong fighter?.....Oh Vince, try something new please

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I'm about ready to give up on the WWE for awhile. I've got RAW on DVR and haven't even thought about watching it. I end up fast forwarding through most of it anyways.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Agreed, WWE is taking a turn for the worse. I have tickets to Jan. 18th RAW here in Columbus, OH, I hope I don't regret overpaying for tickets, my 5 year old though will be pleasantly surprised to go, I'm going to surprise him the day of the event!

• 2 weeks later...

We shall see if tonight's pay per view will be any better than the last one, or another disappointment....

I'm not looking forward to it, though i will watch. They've spent the last month dedicating 8 guys towards getting Roman Reigns "more over" even though he's probably 80% over right now, which is probably the most anyone in his character (the hero, babyface make-a-wish guy who never loses) can be. Cena is a great example of this....Some people will just always boo that guy because it's predictable. Reigns has done a great job getting to where he is where he gets mostly cheered, 7 months after resounding boos

Yet, they are dedicating Rusev, Barrett, Del Rio, the Usos all to this dumb "league of nations" gimmick which is so transparently just to make it seem like all the odds are against Reigns....They've also basically destroyed 6-7 months of building Sheamus as a tough guy by making him Seth Rollins 2.0

ehhhh...

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Agreed, the only reason I still watch is because my 5 year old gets excited, ill rewatch with him tomorrow when he gets home from school...

The story line is so predictable, it amazes me how bad it's got, the future doesn't look bright...

I take everything back after that tag match. Holy crap that was the best tag match in like 10+ years. That will be talked about for a long time

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1450057044' post='12716634']I take everything back after that tag match. Holy crap that was the best tag match in like 10+ years. That will be talked about for a long time[/quote]
I watched some highlights on Twitter. That move Kalisto pulled on the Uso off the ladder on to another ladder was insane.

Sheamus/reigns was really good too. The ending was predictable. But their match was great. I mean you were cringing a few times because I looked really painful

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Overall had some very good/entertaining matches. Tag title match was no doubt match of the night, some insane moves and bumps in that one. Reigns/Sheamus was pretty hard hitting and overall decent match. Ambrose winning the IC title was a good move, the fans need a face champion. Even though there were several good matches the event was still too predictable. I think going into the show the only match that was tough to predict was the Ambrose/Owens match.
And the Reigns vs HHH groundwork for Mania was started.

It was probably my favorite PPV since wrestlemania. The triple threat tag match will end up being a top 25 match of all time. It's going to be on all the lists etc...It was like 20 minutes of non-stop high risk spots. Should've expected that with the Luchas, Kofi and the Usos involved but still...

There was a spot right at the beginning where Kofi and one of the Luchas bounced off the middle rope at opposite ends of the ring and jumped halfway across the ring onto the ladder, and then started climbing up it. It was an awesome move that probably wasn't in the top 10 spots of the match. The salida del sol off the top of the ladder onto another ladder, followed by the other lucha going off the top rope onto the same ladder, i mean that's right up there with Edge spearing Jeff Hardy in mid-air. That was the sequence of the year, and this should be the match of the year. The ending was just amazingly booked too....Xavier throwing the trombone from outside the ring into his back while he was climbing up the ladder...LOL. I wanted to give a standing ovation even though i was home alone

It was also nice seeing them really give Dean Ambrose a big win. He's maybe the most "over" face in the company. And with all the injuries, this makes sense. He is going to get a HUGE pop on raw tonight

I genuinely felt bad for Sheamus and Roman in the finale. These guys really went at it, really sold out....and for most of the match the fans were chanting for Seth Rollins or yelling NXT...it was a bit disrespectful. They really did some high risk spots, especially Sheamus, who went through like 4 tables at one point. Then they did a white noise through a table, a samoan drop through a ladder, Sheamus got friggin superman punched off the TOP of the ladder through a table, and then took a 5 minute chair beating....I would say this was also one of the top 10 matches of the year. Finally at the end the fans gave them their due. Sheamus was red he had been hit so much

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The one thing i would've totally marked out for, was if Cena came back and helped Reigns win the title. Cena is from Massachusetts, and has history with both Del Rio and Rusev. I was hoping he'd come running out and make the save and allow Roman to win...while also setting up his Del Rio rematch

But alas, not to be

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I have to agree and take my words back, it was a good pay per view, especially the tag team match, that was spectacular.

My only complaint would be I thought women's title match was lame, but everything else was pretty good!

Raw should be fun tonight. Will be interesting how they spin Roman getting another title shot after what happened yesterday, or i wonder if his next match at Rumble is with Triple H and not for the title. Maybe a "you're fired" match or something...i wish they'd just give him the title already though

I also hope now they start featuring Banks and Becky Lynch more in main feuds, they have been saving them a bit, they are the 2 crowd favorites. Lynch has kind of emerged as the Bayley of WWE.

It gets fun now...because Rumble is the kickoff to Wrestlemania.If Reigns is champ going into WM32, i'm really curious who his opponent will be (my guess is brock lesnar)...And if he's not and presumably wins it there....does Sheamus hold it for 4 more months?

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Yeah hard to believe same arena he got booed out of when he won the Royal Rumble, now he was receiving Yes chants. And not to forget the Thank You Roman chants he got at TLC when he put a beat down on Sheamus and HHH.
The last 2 nights were a good step in the right direction, hopefully they continue to build off these last 2 shows.

Roman got a huge pop at Smackdown. I don't think it's on for you guys in the US until tomorrow. It's not some big spoiler or anything, basically he leads off the show and just does a promo, no match. But he gets a very loud reaction. It's nice to see, he's done everything they've asked of him, took a lot of risk in the ring against Wyatt and again Sheamus. I'm glad the fans have come around

Enzo Amore and Big Cass got the loudest reaction of anyone at NXT London. These guys are flat out beloved. They lost, and i'm guessing it's because they are being called up soon. I know they were travelling with the main roster for a bit before Big Cass's injury

Also Sami Zayn is officially back, he wrestled a live show the other day against Finn Balor in Europe

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• 3 weeks later...

Just read that AJ Styles has signed with the WWE. I know he's still hurt right now, but this would be great news.

Just read that AJ Styles has signed with the WWE. I know he's still hurt right now, but this would be great news.

Going to NXT i believe!

Well, it starts to get interesting now. Rumble season means Wrestlemania prep. Apparently Roman Reigns will be in the rumble, which means the champ will be the new title holder.

I can't believe that they will take the belt off Roman again, after a year of building him up the way they did. However having him win back to back rumbles might result in serious boos again. Except i'm not sure that taking it off him and having him win it back at WM32 is any better. The rumble is in Florida which is Roman's stomping ground. I hope they have him win the rumble...but that's just me

I would like to see him enter as champ at WM32 and face either Brock or Cena. My belief is that one of those matchups will happen

If they take the belt off him, only way it works i think , is if Cena wins rumble to enormous boos....and then loses it to Reigns. But not sure they can do 3 straight years of massive boos at rumble

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I've been reading all the news I can on this and most points to him either going straight to the main roster (guess is due to a lucrative contract) or just being in NXT for a short period to get used to match styles.

I would love to see him debut in the Rumble. Or have the Bullet/Balor Club debut on Raw the next night. I really believe AJ could help with the ratings. He has enough fans out there.

Trips enters and wins Rumble/title from #30, Romans wins it back from him at Mania. Book it.

I'd be totally fine with that

Just saw on twitter that Cena has to undergo shoulder surgery. Wow!

No details, but if he is out for mania, that is Cesaro, Orton, Rollins, Cena that are all out. Brutal

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Samoa Joe is my sleeper pick for the rumble

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Ive been thinking there is no way Roman walks out of RR as champ. I can get the whole "me against all" thing going but this would be a bit too much.

With everyone hurt, it is time to bring Bryan back. From what I have read he has been cleared to wrestle by a couple doctors but WWE is holding him back. Would love to see him win the Rumble and I know its a big shot to take with his injuries, but he could defend it at Fastlane and whatever PPV (if there is one) before WM and then him and Reigns at WM.

I'm kind of surprised Vince didn't go ahead and make Reigns number 1 entrant. Really stack the deck. I can see reigns winning if he comes in late. 25-30. Not sure what would happen if he comes in 1-10.