WWE wrestling thread

MtlJeff

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cena will come in and help Shane defeat Undertaker.....

10.5* Cobra LTDx Driver w/ Veylix Alpina Shaft

14.5 * Taylormade Stealth + Fairway wood w/ Veylix Rome Shaft

19.0* Callaway Rogue ST Max w/ Graphite Design Tour AD 75 shaft

4-PW Callaway Apex 21 w/ Accra steel 105g shafts

Edison Wedges w/ Accra Steel 115g shafts (49*, 54*, 59*)

SIK C-Series Pro Putter w/ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar Shaft

For all the flack the WWE has gotten for recent booking, they've definitely succeeded in piquing my interest for WM.

Specifically, on-paper, the Shane vs Taker match seems a bit lazy. Two guys who are aged and who have already had their glory in the WWE, but yet I'm completely fascinated to see how it plays out. The stipulations have me really unable to guess what's going to happen which means the booking team has done a great job.

I'm convinced we'll see some nasty bumps in that match from Shane given his history, but I am also expecting some type of swerve that will have me jaw-dropped.

I think Cena will come in and help Shane defeat Undertaker.....

I'm thinking Cena or Sting...set up a match for next year or at Summerslam

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Sting is done and retired, not medically cleared

I think American Alpha has as much potential as anyone in NXT. I've watched them a few times...but man they got a MASSIVE pop coming out leading off takeover. Both guys have a lot of charisma, they have true wrestling cred, a really catchy entrance. It's like Kurt Angle X 2....The match they put on with Dash and Dawson was very technical, no huge spots but still very entertaining with a lot of near falls

As i write this Austin Aries wins over Corbin. The obvious guess is that Corbin and Zayn both lose tonight....Zayn we know is promoted, i imagine either Corbin debuts in the Andre the Giant memorial, or on Raw monday

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Just Zayn and Nakamura's entrance alone is the highlight of the night so far. Massive reaction for both guys, Nakamura has an epic entrance man!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Interesting results from WM...good swerve on Ryder winning IC...knew Reigns was winning...Kalisto winning was interesting, on a side note Im very disappointed in what they are doing with the US Title, Cena made that title as important as WHC Title and now its defended on the preshow??...didnt think Shane would win but wonder what the Authority/Vinny Mac promo is tonight...no clue what the direction is with New Day or Wyatts.

Glad Zayn and Corbin are getting the call up. Wouldnt be surprised if Bayley showed up as well. I really liked the Vaudevillans and the more I hear/see of the American Alpha team, the more I like them. If they could get those two teams along with Enzo and Cass, the tag team division could have a bit of a rebirth.

Jericho needs to retire, his matches have been terrible lately.

It was some very odd results, to say the least.

Ryder winning was kind of great, because no one expected it and he's a fan favorite so it got a great reaction. The rumor is that lately Vince has been high on him, he has a good following and can maybe move some merchandise. They are clearly looking for a "Daniel Bryan" type guy the audience can get behind, and are realizing no matter how succesful Roman becomes, it will not be him. This could be taking a shot on Ryder as an underdog story. You have to love it though, because Ryder has been an A+ employee, always doing his job after getting passed over so many times, even going back to NXT

Jericho winning was simply Vince showing the world that WWE guys beat non-WWE guys at Wrestlemania. Just like Sting losing last year. Styles will get pushed hard again i'm sure....just he wasn't winning at Wrestlemania

New Day entrance out of the cereal box was worth whatever the fans paid. The ingredients listed on the site were hilarious. God bless the New Day, the results were not even important. New Day wins because they are awesome

Divas match was a shocker. Great match. Great spots....exactly as expected. Sasha did the majority of the spots, Charlotte is always good for 1-2 major ones. Would have bet 500$ that Sasha was going to win. But Charlotte has great heel heat going, so this isn't a bad thing. The Flair robe was a great touch on the entrance

Ambrose/Lesnar was a MAJOR dissapointment. This should've been the match of the night. They used almost no props, Ambrose got quasi-squashed. What a slap in the face after a great year. The match was over 10 minutes before i thought it was going to be. I was shocked when it ended i was like "that's it?"....Poor Ambrose, he's like the second coming of Dolph Ziggler.

Undertaker/Shane was exactly what i thought it would be. 2 old dudes who were going to at times look old, but Shane would do 2-3 massive spots where we might think he was going to die. Interested to see where Shane goes from here after losing

Roman/HHH....not a good match all in all. They kept it as a clean win. I am holding out hope that Roman pipe bombs tonight and tells the crowd to shove their boos up their As***. That would be good booking. Probably won't happen

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Oh , and i'm a big fan of the battle royal result. I bet my friends that Corbin would win and won that one! It's the perfect debut for him, he will show up tonight and say he's a beast and is willing to fight anyone. I like it....Corbin is pretty good in the ring and has a great finisher, but is a big guy and can't do major spots which the fans love. He's getting better at engaging with them but it still feels a little forced. To me he's the perfect guy to fight the Zigglers and Zayn's of the world, because they can do some high flying and he will make it look like a mismatch

Kalisto has virtually no heat for the US title. I'd love to see them transition that to AJ Styles

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Not sure if I'm watching RAW or NXT right now.

Samoa Joe now the fourth in the Fatal 4 way?

Thought RAW was decent last night...Couple thoughts...

Enzo and Cass absolutely stole the show. I think the tag division may heat up a bit now. I saw the Vaudevillians are debuting on Smackdown Thursday night so I will tune in and see how they do. I am hoping their gimmick catches on and they arent shot to the back like the Ascension.

Corbin's debut was good. MTL called it when he said he should fight with the Zigglers and Zayns and his first match is Ziggler. I like his whole deal of the lone wolf. I had never really seen much of him and didnt realize how big he was but he is huge.

Apollo Crews is a freak. That strong and athletic?? I could see him and Neville having some good matches with good spots.

Was disappointed Bayley didnt show up. I thought she was going to make her debut. Becky's eye looked rough!!

Great call on the fatal 4 way. Glad to see Cesaro back and AJ winning. I dont think he beats Reigns and there will prob be some awful mic work between the two but kinda interesting direction they are taking for this. Pretty much guarantees Roman will be boo'd out the building at the next ppv.

I agree with Jeff that AJ should probably take the US Title. Cena did so much for it just to have it kind of thrown away when he lost it/got hurt. Cant believe it was on the pre show.

Lastly, I felt bad for Ryder. I know he got his WM moment but would have been cool to see what he could have done with a couple big wins and an IC run for a few months. The Miz is a great heel and I love his mic work so him winning isnt to bad in my eyes. Maybe Ryder wins it back on SD Thursday but doubtful.

I said when Apollo crews made his debut in NXT, if he can simply talk he'll be WWE champ. He is a rare combo of strength and agility, Cena like. He also just looks like someone you want to cheer for, hard to explain but you just want to cheer for him

I thought it was a great show yeah

Only disappointment was no Rollins.

But Cesaro showing up caught me off guard

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I said when Apollo crews made his debut in NXT, if he can simply talk he'll be WWE champ. He is a rare combo of strength and agility, Cena like. He also just looks like someone you want to cheer for, hard to explain but you just want to cheer for him

I thought it was a great show yeah

Only disappointment was no Rollins.

But Cesaro showing up caught me off guard

I still think Rollins is a couple months away. Last nights show was good with all the debuts and setting up a couple potential story lines. Interesting to see where the enzo/cass and dudleyz story goes. Not sure what they are going to do with Crews storyline wise and Corbin kind of started a little rivalry with Ziggler. I just hope they can do a good job going forward with the stories. I kind of have a feeling there is going to be a multi man tag match next week with all the guys from the fatal 4 way and throw in Reigns and Ambrose and whoever else.

Is Zayn legit hurt again or was it a work? I was reading last night after his flip over the top rope spot he grabbed his shoulder and went to the back. Dont think they would have done the powerbomb if he was legit hurt but what do I know. Maybe it was a way to keep him out the title pic for a bit and keep his rivalry with Owens going.

I don't believe Zayn is seriously hurt, but Nakamura fights very stiff and his back was really scratched up Saturday (nakamura slaps his back on a lot of his knee shots to help with sound). Then he took 2-3 major ladder spots as well.

I think they were very happy with his performances this weekend and this was basically a night off, and furtherance of the KO feud

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Just finished reading the raw results, didn't get a chance to watch last night, no HHH or Stephanie last night what a great idea! Hopefully they stay off tv for awhile. Excellent news that Cesaro is back. Bunch of good talent called up from NXT.

With all these call ups, maybe it's time for a brand split again.

2 Raws post WrestleMania and no HHH and Stephanie on screen. Enjoying the new call ups and New Day is so entertaining. Still don't understand how you have AJ lose to Jericho at mania and then vault AJ to the #1 contender to Reigns. AJ should have went over at Mania. Great to see Cesaro back.

I think that was the original plan, keeps Jericho credible and AJ gets his push. Im sure he would rather lose to Y2J at Mania and then get a title shot vs. the opposite.

Yes the new call ups are great. Bullet Club debut last Monday. I dont know a whole lot about them just what I have read but they have a big following. Loving Enzo and Cass, the promos between them and New Day could be legendary.

Cesaro has his IC match against the Miz. This could be a good feud just dont know who wins. I wouldnt be mad if Miz held onto the title for a bit, hes such a great heel and there are not many good heels going right now. The Miz is gold on the mic as well and I love his "A-lister" gimmick. Cesaro I think could make a great US Champ but I dont know if thats the push he will get.

Im ready for Seth to get back. I liked what he did as champ and always thought he would make a better face than a heel. I pray WWE keeps him a face cuz thats what he will be when he comes back, and they turn Reigns. WWE needs some good heels right now.

Watching Smackdown...how did that fall not break AJ's neck. Holy crap that looked bad.

Yeah we get SmackDown on Wednesdays, it was pretty bad. I think he actually did get legit a little shook up, but he finished the match strong. He took some questions on twitter after where he said he was OK

I was talking to one of my friends about how much i'm loving Jericho these days. I mean he has been putting guys over for a good 3-4 years now. But man, he's so beloved, but he tries soooo hard to get boos even though people don't want to boo him. But he will stoop to anything, putting down the home city, grabbing signs from kids, making fun of hometown heroes etc...he works his butt off to get boo'd. He's been doing this thing where he just yells at guys "you are such an idiot" just randomly and stuff like that... LOL. And he does it all so that the Zayn's, Styles (who BTW doesn't have the greatest rep backstage with some guys) and Ambrose's of the world can look good and be the good guys. And the thing is, if he wanted to make Corbin look good, he'd just flip the switch and be a good guy again and lose to Corbin. He's 45 and still puts on great matches, high flying matches.....god bless Jericho, what a worker. A true company guy.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 Raws post WrestleMania and no HHH and Stephanie on screen. Enjoying the new call ups and New Day is so entertaining. Still don't understand how you have AJ lose to Jericho at mania and then vault AJ to the #1 contender to Reigns. AJ should have went over at Mania. Great to see Cesaro back.

I think that was the original plan, keeps Jericho credible and AJ gets his push. Im sure he would rather lose to Y2J at Mania and then get a title shot vs. the opposite.

Yes the new call ups are great. Bullet Club debut last Monday. I dont know a whole lot about them just what I have read but they have a big following. Loving Enzo and Cass, the promos between them and New Day could be legendary.

Cesaro has his IC match against the Miz. This could be a good feud just dont know who wins. I wouldnt be mad if Miz held onto the title for a bit, hes such a great heel and there are not many good heels going right now. The Miz is gold on the mic as well and I love his "A-lister" gimmick. Cesaro I think could make a great US Champ but I dont know if thats the push he will get.

Im ready for Seth to get back. I liked what he did as champ and always thought he would make a better face than a heel. I pray WWE keeps him a face cuz thats what he will be when he comes back, and they turn Reigns. WWE needs some good heels right now.

I'm a big fan of the Miz too. I think he has the IC title partly because Maryse is back, and is on next year's total Divas cast. So she is getting some airtime as his valet. But i'm OK with that. Miz makes a great entitled heel and Maryse is the foreign (she's from Montreal--yeahhhhh!) accented valet. The reason Miz makes a great entitled heel is because that's EXACTLY what he is! He's not fantastic in the ring but is really handsome and a great talker. He's playing the character of what he kind of is in the WWE. So it's OK to totally be fine with it. He's basically cast perfectly.

Same with Baron Corbin BTW, "smart" fans are going to hate former football players created by the performance center. So don't make them faces....Make them heels!

I'm loving wrestling now though. There's some real talent. Seeing Apollo Crews now on the main roster, Corbin, Enzo and Cass. American Alpha in NXT, the New Day running things, Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins coming back, Zayn, Owens etc etc....These guys are all < 35 and great. And they also all know each other outside of the ring so they can put on some great matches. Crews, Rollins, Zayn, Owens, Balor, Neville, Cass....these guys are legit friends in real life

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Speaking of Owens...he's kind of how you (MTL Jeff) described Jericho. People are "supposed" to boo him as a heel, but it doesn't happen that much. He gets as many cheers as most of the "good" guys.

Owens and New Day are proof that with "smartish" fans Kayfabe can get blurry. The New Day were so effective at being comical heels that the WWE had to turn them into faces. And Owens is even more extreme, his character is a genuine heel but he gets cheered in many cities because he's so good in the ring and funny on the mic.

Roman Reigns is probably going to be the best case study in WWE's history. Even more then Cena because Reigns won't move merch to kids like Cena does. I think WWE has no idea whether Roman is a heel or face even right now. And it might not matter anyway. Making his first feud against Styles is a real telling sign. They are writing him as a face but putting him against a face. Who knows what he "really" is

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Reigns heel turn at Payback?

Rollins returns the next night...met with huge cheers!

Owens and New Day are proof that with "smartish" fans Kayfabe can get blurry. The New Day were so effective at being comical heels that the WWE had to turn them into faces. And Owens is even more extreme, his character is a genuine heel but he gets cheered in many cities because he's so good in the ring and funny on the mic.

Roman Reigns is probably going to be the best case study in WWE's history. Even more then Cena because Reigns won't move merch to kids like Cena does. I think WWE has no idea whether Roman is a heel or face even right now. And it might not matter anyway. Making his first feud against Styles is a real telling sign. They are writing him as a face but putting him against a face. Who knows what he "really" is

Possible Bullet Club reunion and beatdown of Reigns, leads to good feud for AJ/Reigns and get the Bullet Club/Shield Match when Rollins returns. Ha thats one of the theories I read on a wrestling forum, that could be a good story.

I really want Enzo and Cass to win the No. 1 contender match...just thinking about the promos between them and New Day. Its funny to me the best promo guys right now are all tag teams. In singles you got Owens, Ambrose, Jericho, and the Miz who are all above average.