WWE wrestling thread

MtlJeff

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hot take conspiracy theory is that they are purposely having Heyman cut bad promos to make Reigns more of a fan favorite going into mania....

His promo yesterday made no sense. Very atypical for Heyman. He basically talked about all the things you have to do as champ even though everyone knows Brock doesn't do these things.

It might be genius

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

My hot take conspiracy theory is that they are purposely having Heyman cut bad promos to make Reigns more of a fan favorite going into mania....

His promo yesterday made no sense. Very atypical for Heyman. He basically talked about all the things you have to do as champ even though everyone knows Brock doesn't do these things.

It might be genius

Im thinking the same thing. Im also thinking thats why they had a 30 second match at a Chicago house show where he squashed Kane last week, read the audience was booing him at the end of the match. Of course Heyman did the same thing with Goldberg to get him cheered. I will also say that was maybe the most convincing Roman has ever sounded on the mic last night. I thought he did well when speaking to Heyman.

Whats going on with Bayley and Sasha? Who will get the heel turn?

And who is the bar gonna face at WM?? They took care of Revival last night. Any chance of a surprise call up after NXT? AOP?

Roman has been the best he’s ever been on the mic the past two weeks.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Carmella’s ring attire is both horrible and appealing at the same time.

Last night was kind of blah for the most part.

New Day and Uso’s was fun for awhile. Don’t understand why that went the way it did.

Six Pack Title match was ok. Kind of expected more with the talent in the match.

Overall, two PPVs in a row that weren’t all that great.

I thought it was kind of meh myself but I did like the Bludgeon Bros coming out and destroying everything. Did Xavier take that bump on the steps right or is he actually hurt a little? if hes ok he sold it great!! Thought they used Fastlane as a great setup to their part of WM. Asuka/Charlotte, AJ/Nakamura, Triple threat with Orton/Jinder/Roode for US title, and triple threat for Tag team with BB/Usos/New Day. Now what will KO and Zayn do? Still think a singles match between the two but where will Shane get inolved?

That Sunday should be a great day...watch final round of Masters then go straight to WM preshow and actual matches for the rest of the day.

Everything I’ve read on Xavier is from wwe.com so it’s hard to tell if its story or he’s really hurt. Either way it was a hard landing.

I dont know what is going on with the Reigns storyline. Its pretty clear they are advertising Brock to be there and just telling him dont show up so it seems like he doesnt care but what are the chances the fans cheer at Mania or even next raw when Brocks music hits? And what was the point of "suspending" him? I feel like so much more could be done with this that would be better than what is going on now.

I love obnoxious Sami Zayn. Such a good heel.

I love obnoxious Sami Zayn. Such a good heel.

His character should be even more annoying, it would make sense because Sami's rep in the industry is basically that...a super anal guy who over communicates and wants to talk about everything. They could play up that angle a lot more if they wanted. Have him complain about things etc...

I think it was Jim Cornette that said that Zayn was a great worker but used to drive him nuts asking him to pay for parking meters and stuff when they were on the road. Some guys backstage have said they don't like working with him because he talks too much in the ring and before matches about his ideas

I feel like they should play on that more, especially in this era of blurring the lines of kayfabe

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Great year for Zayn though, he had a rough patch for a while when he wasn't being used. Before he interfered in the KO/McMahon match he had been buried for a while without any real storylines. Now he's going to have a WM match against Daniel Bryan and a McMahon.

Pretty nice for him.

A lot of people compared him to Ziggler/Cesaro and he seems destined for that type of career. Nice moments combined with long periods of guys wondering what the heck WWE is doing with him. I mean before being buried for a while he had been in like 2-3 of the best matches of 2016

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

LOVED seeing DB back in the ring last night. I started watching wrestling again maybe 6 months or so before he finally retired, right about the time him and Roman had their match at Fastlane. I really liked him as a wrestler and character. I hope he takes a few less risks and can stay healthy. He can make SD a more watchable show. I know before he retired, he had said he wanted to be on SD and kind of be the focus of that show. I now hope they keep AJ on SD for a while, I would love to see those two have a match. I also liked how he got cleared yesterday and first chance he got he took a couple shots/bumps that same night. Wonder if they had known for a while that he was cleared and all the Shane/DB/KO/Zayn storyline was leading to this.

Can you imagine the pop Daniel Bryan would have gotten if they had held this news til Wrestlemania? It would have been insane.

Can you imagine the pop Daniel Bryan would have gotten if they had held this news til Wrestlemania? It would have been insane.

I was thinking they should have saved this until they were in Seattle for an event just like if CM Punk ever comes back it should be in Chicago. Also wish they would quit releasing info like this. Imagine if nothing had been released and last night happened with no one having a clue he was cleared. The whole "KO/Zayn wont attack him bc hes not cleared to wrestle" shock would have been great. And probably a louder pop when he started the yes kicks. Still think they should move the Miz to SD and let them finish their story from the Talking Smack episode.

Have to finally join in on this thread after the Ultimate Deletion. I actually had to watch it again right after I got done watching it the first time. It was almost a "did that really just happen". It was hilarious. I can't stop repeating "chair of wheels" and "mower of lawns". I was half expecting Bray Wyatt to come out of the Lake of Reincarnation with his Nexus gear on. Interested to see what gimmick he will re-appear with.

The Wyatt gimmick only could have ever worked if they actually had him, you know....win matches every now and then. When he fought John Cena and the Undertaker at back to back Wrestlemanias and lost both times they basically murdered the character , compounded by having him lose to Roman Reigns right after too . He did a great job getting Roman over

It's just, that gimmick was Undertaker-like. Only Undertaker won matches.

I half expected Finn Balor during their recent feud to be like "why should i fear you....you literally always lose"

I think Wyatt has a lot of potential. I'm a big Luke Harper fan too.....i wish both guys could just have do-overs on their gimmicks and just debut something else

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Have to finally join in on this thread after the Ultimate Deletion. I actually had to watch it again right after I got done watching it the first time. It was almost a "did that really just happen". It was hilarious. I can't stop repeating "chair of wheels" and "mower of lawns". I was half expecting Bray Wyatt to come out of the Lake of Reincarnation with his Nexus gear on. Interested to see what gimmick he will re-appear with.

Welcome to the thread! Great group of guys here....plus every 5-6 pages or so someone joins just to tell us that wrestling is fake.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Welcome to the thread! Great group of guys here....plus every 5-6 pages or so someone joins just to tell us that wrestling is fake.

It was a bomb someone dropped on me a few pages ago when they told me it wasnt real...I was so shocked to learn that.

And yes welcome!!

Ha I enjoyed the ultimate deletion. The wrestling wasnt great but there were parts that cracked me up and chair of wheels and mower of lawns was hilarious. It was also nice to see Jeff if only for a brief second. I wonder if he will be Jeff Hardy or Brother Nero when he comes back. And please WWE, do something different with Bray. I think more of a normal character who is a big powerhouse wrestler would be great, and let him win some feuds. I would keep him off for a couple months to come up with something different. If they wanted to keep the "different" character turn him face and let him join the Woken/Broken group.

I’m not sure if I’m more excited for the upcoming Takeover event or Wrestlemania. NXT is setting up some matches with the potential to be very good. Wrestlemania is looking stacked this year.

There's a lot of matches at Wrestlemania that have the potential to be amazing, i don't even know which i'm most excited for.....Charlotte/Asuka, Reigns/Lesnar, IC triple threat, A Mania match involving Usos and New Day who ALWAYS deliver, Nakamura/Styles....Cena trying his hardest to make Undertaker look good.

It's stacked.

April 8th is Masters Sunday and Wrestlemania.....my wife is due that week LOL.....i told her she's gotta hold off man

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

There's a lot of matches at Wrestlemania that have the potential to be amazing, i don't even know which i'm most excited for.....Charlotte/Asuka, Reigns/Lesnar, IC triple threat, A Mania match involving Usos and New Day who ALWAYS deliver, Nakamura/Styles....Cena trying his hardest to make Undertaker look good.

It's stacked.

April 8th is Masters Sunday and Wrestlemania.....my wife is due that week LOL.....i told her she's gotta hold off man

Congrats Jeff. Hope all goes well. Is this your first child?

If Styles vs Nakamura is anything like their matches in Japan it will be unbelievable. Hope AJ is fully healed by then...whatever he’s reportedly dealing with. Charlotte vs Asuka should be great.

On NXT you have Black vs Almas. Moon vs Bazzler.

Then Monday and Tues the excitement of the post Mania call ups.

Gonna be a great four nights.

Yeah it's our first, apparently they typically come late!

Had my first at 32. I can remember the morning he was born. We were waiting on him to make his entrance while watching Tiger explain what happened with his infidelities.

WM Predictions??

Universal- Reigns, this has been 3 years coming

World HW- AJ, dont think its Naks time just yet

IC- Rollins, then let him and Balor have a good program

US- Roode, would love to see Rusev get the W and have a little run

SD womens- Asuka, no doubt on this

Raw Womens- Bliss, prob some interference or something

Rousey/Angle/HHH/Steph- Rousey/Angle, hopefully Rousey puts on a decent match

Bryan/Shane/KO/Zayn- Bryan/Shane but could see KO/Zayn winning by pinning Shane

Taker/Cena- not sure, hopefully Taker and he finally retires

Andre Battle Royal- no clue, not sure whos all gonna be in it

Cruiserweight I have no clue, dont pay much attention to 205 live

Takeover should be good. I really wanna see the Gargano match.

*EDIT- forgot tag titles...Raw- could see The Bar beating whoever Brauns partner is...if its Elias I hope they win that would be a good partnership

SD- prob Usos, should be a good match here

Reigns for sure. Just can’t see Vince pulling that kind of swerve.

Nakamura. AJ moves to Raw.

Asuka beats Charlotte. Then beats Carmella after cashing in.

Cedric for Cruiserweight Title.

Balor and Rusev.

I have this feeling that Bryan turns on Shane and forms a group with KO and Zayn.

Ember Moon wins Women’s Battle Royal. Drew McIntyre wins the Andre (both guesses since we haven’t seen complete list of names).

Strowman and his partner.

New Day.

Well, i have my own bodyweight in Nachos, salsa, cheese and guinness beef. I'm as excited for this WM as any in the past 5-7 years, i guess i would say more so.

There's just a lot to be excited and/or curious about:

Curious about:

-What happens with Lesnar with the UFC rumors. Does he give Reigns a full and dedicated match....how do the fans react? Do they move it up on the card if Lesnar balks a bit before the show

-How hard do Styles and Nakamura go and where is that on the card? Will this be allowed to be an alltime classic?

-Braun's partner? Many different directions here

-Will Rousey be cringeworthy? Or just wreck sh*t and be awesome

-What will the Cena and Undertaker angle be, will Cena basically host the show until Taker shows up? Is there any chance this doesn't result in an actual match?

All kinda fun

Excited about pretty much every match....so much talent on the main card. What's the worst main card match? The US title 4-way? And you still have guys involved who are at least fun, even if they aren't the best in ring workers.

Super excited:

The Bryan match. Lost in the hype about Daniel Bryan's return is the fact that Owens and Zayn are tremendous workers, Bryan is a legend, and Shane will literally jump off a roof at an event like this. I mean forget the fact that it's Bryan's return......this might be ridiculous

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

There are some things I am not pumped about this WM -

• I don't need to see Triple H and Angle in the ring anymore
  • If Rousey is just gonna wearout the Piper Bomber jacket and a Tee for attire - no way I can route for her unless she is a heel.
  • Will the Lesnar Kamara Lock hold reappear? I miss that which seems to be banned.
  • Cena vs. Undertaker is not my ideal for a past retired guy to reappear. I want it to be the Rock vs. Cena, with winning in ring and on screen (movies/TV) going to the people's elbow!

This would be be a nice time to reintroduce Bobby Lashley to the WWE. I think we are gonna lose Lesnar back to the UFC for awhile, and Lashley could be a great replacement with similar MMA fighter background and size/speed/power. Maybe even CM Punk? Luv it if he took on The Miz.

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370