Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

only supposed to rain today from 7 am to 5 pm. Awesome.

Twilight anyone? :golfer:

I just returned from a 6 day, 10 round trek across Nebraska. Course reviews and pics can be found here: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1375330-cross-nebraska-trip/.

I'll probably try to get out tomorrow for a round close to downtown. After 950 miles of driving, I'm not venturing far.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Glenn Ellyn Open tomorrow. 6:45 tee time. Dunno what to expect. Haven't played for 3 weeks and going out to the bar tonight to watch the fight.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Glenn Ellyn Open tomorrow. 6:45 tee time. Dunno what to expect. Haven't played for 3 weeks and going out to the bar tonight to watch the fight.

6a76f4a3-4ad2-4ae2-8a3b-c092e85586af.jpg?

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Right on. Started bogey, par, bogey, double, double. Managed to "get back on the rails" and played better after that finishing with 80. Very wet out there and playing long but greens were excellent considering.

[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Walked 18 at Wilmette today. It was walking only, so a lot of no-shows, and a nice four hour round. Anyone who thinks carts speed up play under normal weekend conditions, or believe walkers slow down play, are delusional. The course was wet, but playable. Since the renovation, the drainage is must better than Glencoe, although there are still a number of sketchy areas, but nothing that really comes into play.

Ugh, what happened to my game? Lol. I guess when you go from playing open, links-style courses with generous 80 yard wide fairways to old-school parkland courses, your driving numbers are going to be down. I averaged nearly 12 fairways a round this past week, but could only hit 4 today. Averaged 12 greens in Nebraska, but only 7 today. Oy veh. I think perhaps I'm a bit more worn out than I expected. The winds certainly didn't help, but it's no excuse. Oh well, back to work tomorrow, and a normal Saturday/Sunday round this coming weekend.

Scramble this Friday at Ravisloe. We are the reigning champions and look to beat our 58 from last year. Yeah Jimmy Furyk, we did it first! Then Water's Edge on Saturday only because GDN has an outing. That should be interesting. Gotta walk twice as far just to sidestep the duck poop!

[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Walked 18 at Wilmette today. It was walking only, so a lot of no-shows, and a nice four hour round. Anyone who thinks carts speed up play under normal weekend conditions, or believe walkers slow down play, are delusional.

I would think the no-shows had more to do with the nice pace of play than anything else.

I got out twice this weekend. Played the re-done Glenview Park District course for the first time ever. Not bad. Course in very nice shape, but at 6100 its a odd tiny course that plays way too long in parts and way too short in others. Highlight of the round was being paired up with 2 guys who were students at Kent State during the riot. They were rigth in the middle of the riot and had a friend who died, it was cool to hear a first hand account from them. Other than that, played ok except for the triple bogey finish that left me with an 85.

Played Glencoe yesterday after showing up at Sportsman only to find out it was walking only and the dipshit who took my reservation didn't bother to tell me that. Glencoe was a death march. Course was full of walking senior citizens. Me and my buddy were the only 2-some wedged in there so needless to say it was a long day. Game continues to suck, shot an 88 and finished the round with 2 straight shanks which managed to ruin the rest of my night and honestly, they are still affecting me today as I write this.

Gonna try and get out one more time before my golf trip. I'm putting the odds at 12% on the chances I make it through the golf trip without having it ruined by a bout with the shanks. But, I'm gonna do everything I can to try and avoid them. If they show up this time I plan on putting a head cover next to the ball on the outside so I'm forced to bring the hosel inside. Illegal to do, but don't give a s***, desperate times....

Right on. Started bogey, par, bogey, double, double. Managed to "get back on the rails" and played better after that finishing with 80. Very wet out there and playing long but greens were excellent considering.

Getting through 4-5-6 at even par is the key to shooting any number on the front there. All of them are tough tee shots.

Getting through 4-5-6 at even par is the key to shooting any number on the front there. All of them are tough tee shots.

I was paired up with a father and son lefty twosome last time I played VL. Made an all lefty group (3). I don't think I've ever been part of an all lefty group, but I have to say, it's far more aesthetically appealing than the right-handed throngs :tongue: .

Anyhow, the father called 4-5 & 6 "The Bermuda Triangle". So now I've got that to think about every time I play there.

I was paired up with a father and son lefty twosome last time I played VL. Made an all lefty group (3). I don't think I've ever been part of an all lefty group, but I have to say, it's far more aesthetically appealing than the right-handed throngs :tongue: .

Anyhow, the father called 4-5 & 6 "The Bermuda Triangle". So now I've got that to think about every time I play there.

We'll have to get out there with Chicago Lefty and myself. That'll make three of us who have overcome the deficiencies of being right-handed. ;-)

[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Pretty excited for the tomorrow's golf trip.

Thursday: The Bull

Friday: Whistling Straits

Saturday: 36 at Lawsonia

Sunday: Washington County

Gonna play from the white tees all weekend in the hopes that that will help alleviate stress on my back. Will probably skip practice swings all weekend as well.

If the back holds up its gonna be an awesome trip!

Gonna play from the white tees all weekend in the hopes that that will help alleviate stress on my back. Will probably skip practice swings all weekend as well.

Looks like a great trip Zer!

Nice lineup. I've done the straits but have heard great things about the bull and lawsonia

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

I did lake bluff the other night. Played well. I was behind a few leagues so I was able to take my time. He downside was the greens were really beat to hell around the hole.

I think I have this Benjamin Button thing going on with my game where as I'm getting older, my game seems to be reverting back to how I played when I was younger. The last few rounds have been decent compared to the rest of the summer.

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind

Nice lineup. I've done the straits but have heard great things about the bull and lawsonia

Probably from me when it comes to Lawsonia. I'm the boards' resident Lawsonia shill.

Probably from me when it comes to Lawsonia. I'm the boards' resident Lawsonia shill.

actually from a couple guys I play with that aren't hard wired into the golf scene.

No sand valley? I want to get up there in the next month and play it but it looks like life is going to keep me from doing that.

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind

actually from a couple guys I play with that aren't hard wired into the golf scene.

No sand valley? I want to get up there in the next month and play it but it looks like life is going to keep me from doing that.

The full 18 doesn't open until 9/1.

The full 18 doesn't open until 9/1.

You're right. I'm a week off in my head.

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind

Scramble tomorrow at Ravisloe. About 20 foursomes playing. We shot 54.

[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Too late with the reply. I played RF last Friday. Conditions were still below average, but i think they are improving. The fairways were quite soft - had several drives release whopping 2-3 feet and some actually pretended to be wedge shots and backed up. They are definitely dropping some serious $ into the grounds (clubhouse, cart paths, etc...), but the course gets beat up way too much.

Last second practice round at Old Oak (tee time in 15 min)... tomorrow 9am rinse and repeat, only this will be our club "championship".

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Has anyone here played Bull Valley? If so any info would be appreciated.

I've played it but not since new management took over a few years ago. I really liked that course. it was hard though.

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind