Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Anyone know of good fall scrambles coming up?

Not sure how good it is, but Foxford has a 2-man scramble September 15

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Cantigny isn't overpriced for a nice course in DuPage County

I agree. Compared to other courses I think Cantigny for 100 bucks is about right. I'd rather play Cantigny for $100 over Bolingbrook $90, Seven Bridges $120, Arrowhead $85 Dubs $155 (Dubs twilight is great though, 100 bucks and no one is ever out there), Orchard Valley $80 etc.

I’m not a fan of paying $100+ a round - period. Doesn’t matter what course/condition. Having 2 daughters in college and normal (albait self employed) job will do that to a man ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Bloomingdale tomorrow for a scramble. We shot 58 and probably came 3rd.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Bloomingdale tomorrow for a scramble. We shot 58 and probably came 3rd.

That is the worst. I played in a 4 man with 2 pga club pros and my brother who is pretty good. We shot 18 under and lost to 19. Last card in, 4 guys in camo and were wasted.

Had that happen before. The event we played in the Asst Pro would throw the scores up on the board once turned in (complete separate issue there but I digress). We shot a 54 and lost to a 52. Turns out they had a guy on their team walk in, see what was posted and apparently walked back out. 5 minutes later they walked in with their 52. Sure hope they enjoyed their $50 shop gift card and dozen NXT Tours each for that amount of BS.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

other way is to join boxgroove (pay for a premium membership - $50 a year, maybe a bit more).

Then you can reach out to members at the "member clubs" and ask to play as their guest.

Free basic membership doesn't include this option.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

I'd also add Wedgewood and Inwood to the I-55 list. I haven't played either, but I don't expect that they'd be ranked high on the list.

Tamarack might also be stretching the boundaries, but it's only a mile from Naperbrook.

Thank you! I love the Joliet courses myself as I admit I’m totally biased and was going to put down both myself, but was waiting for some other great mind to throw it out there! Grew up on Innwood golf course and Wedgewod is the toughest of the three for sure. Woodruff doens’t have any par 5’s but heavily wooded.

Innwood has good greens, not long, as well as about a half dozen holes with tree framing and an island green for a short par 4.

Yesterday, my golf buddy convinced me to play Woodruff. I really enjoyed it. The back 9 was definitely more interesting than the front. Total yds from the tip about 5700 yds. As you pointed out, no par 5s. The par 3s were very challenging and long ( avg. approx. 190 yds). Greens were in very good shape (not fast but rolling true), Overall, the course was in very good shape. Excellent course to practice your short irons into the greens.

The par 3s killed me. I double bogeyed 3 of them and shot a 84 (40/44). Gotta get back there to conquer the par 3s.

15 hcp

A guy who has become a good friend of mine is a member at Black Sheep. We're trying to get out there soon but it looks like it won't happen until October...

Hey, did anybody see that Calumet CC is on GolfNow now?? They have tee times for Fri-Sun Labor Day weekend and it says "Member For A Day" on the time for $85.Anybody want to check this out? I was thinking 10:30 would be perfect. I think I have a twosome including myself, but a lot of my buddies are out of town. Would be cool to meet a couple other local WRX'ers!

Cobra KING LTD Pro 8.5º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 15º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
*Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle/Albatross 7/15/17)

OR - *Titleist 712U 3i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 712U 4i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08, SM6 50.12F, SM6 56.14F bent to 55 True Temper DG S200
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks V-Grind 60.10 True Temper DG S200
Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade By Titleist

Went to Heritage Bluff today for the first and probably last time. The course was fine. Good shape, very boring. It was packed, I don't get where all the people out there came from or why they weren't working lol. I only played 9, it was pretty slow. I played every hole basically twice, as there was no one behind me. I left because I have tendonitis in my hand and every once in a while it acts up and it is painful to golf. I went in to get a rain check and they told me I couldn't have one. They said after 2pm they don't give out rain checks.. That would make sense if it got dark at 5. I said to him "So you only guarantee 9 holes between 2 and 7:45? That seems ridiculous" and I left. It would be one thing If I just didn't want to play, I even told him before I asked that I had an injury and couldn't keep playing and asked if I could get a rain check to come back. He asked if I had my receipt and when I told him I gave it to the starter he huffed and puffed about it. $40 for 9 holes there is a crappy feeling.

Two rounds booked at Prairie View for Monday. I'm looking forward to playing in the shadows of a nuke plant. Being a weekend/holiday-only golfer again has been painful.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Went to Heritage Bluff today for the first and probably last time. The course was fine. Good shape, very boring. It was packed, I don't get where all the people out there came from or why they weren't working lol. I only played 9, it was pretty slow. I played every hole basically twice, as there was no one behind me. I left because I have tendonitis in my hand and every once in a while it acts up and it is painful to golf. I went in to get a rain check and they told me I couldn't have one. They said after 2pm they don't give out rain checks.. That would make sense if it got dark at 5. I said to him "So you only guarantee 9 holes between 2 and 7:45? That seems ridiculous" and I left. It would be one thing If I just didn't want to play, I even told him before I asked that I had an injury and couldn't keep playing and asked if I could get a rain check to come back. He asked if I had my receipt and when I told him I gave it to the starter he huffed and puffed about it. $40 for 9 holes there is a crappy feeling.

Beyond holes 1 & 9 I'm not sure I've ever heard of the course being called boring.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Beyond holes 1 & 9 I'm not sure I've ever heard of the course being called boring.

I only played 9, so maybe the back was better. But what about 2-8 is exciting? All of the holes on the front are basically just hit it straight twice and putt it, 6 and 7 were the only 2 holes that I felt like took any strategy at all.

I only played 9, so maybe the back was better. But what about 2-8 is exciting? All of the holes on the front are basically just hit it straight twice and putt it, 6 and 7 were the only 2 holes that I felt like took any strategy at all.

Sounds like somebody's been reading some FriedEgg :lol: Having not played the course, but having put it on my list of places to check out this year, I just glanced at the aerials of the holes on the front nine on BlueGolf and I can see where you're coming from. On 7 though it looks like the more you cut off the slight dogleg the better your angle into the green? But that's not really a choice if you can't hit it a long way.

Cobra KING LTD Pro 8.5º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 15º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
*Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle/Albatross 7/15/17)

OR - *Titleist 712U 3i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 712U 4i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08, SM6 50.12F, SM6 56.14F bent to 55 True Temper DG S200
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks V-Grind 60.10 True Temper DG S200
Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade By Titleist

A guy who has become a good friend of mine is a member at Black Sheep. We're trying to get out there soon but it looks like it won't happen until October...

Hey, did anybody see that Calumet CC is on GolfNow now?? They have tee times for Fri-Sun Labor Day weekend and it says "Member For A Day" on the time for $85.Anybody want to check this out? I was thinking 10:30 would be perfect. I think I have a twosome including myself, but a lot of my buddies are out of town. Would be cool to meet a couple other local WRX'ers!

I hear Calumet CC is really in trouble with a very low membership number. Probably their last year being private and have to be sold or taken public. Traditional Donald Ross course, but membership is way down from what I hear so not surprised to see them offer tee times on GolfNow. However, labor day weekend? That is a prime golfing weekend for members I would think and have a tourney usually.

My understanding is that Calumet is being sold to FedEx to build a distribution facility. Its location next to Canadian National's Markham Yard and I-80/294 makes it an ideal location. The equity members are going to have quite a payday.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Sounds like somebody's been reading some FriedEgg :lol: Having not played the course, but having put it on my list of places to check out this year, I just glanced at the aerials of the holes on the front nine on BlueGolf and I can see where you're coming from. On 7 though it looks like the more you cut off the slight dogleg the better your angle into the green? But that's not really a choice if you can't hit it a long way.

I do read/lsiten to fried egg quite often. But to be honest, his snobbiness and course hate as of late has become way too much for me. It really bothers me. I realized I sounded like him when I posted that and was a little ashamed lol. But I truly felt like I walked up to each tee, and had the same thought process on every tee and that usually isn't the case.

I do read/lsiten to fried egg quite often. But to be honest, his snobbiness and course hate as of late has become way too much for me. It really bothers me. I realized I sounded like him when I posted that and was a little ashamed lol. But I truly felt like I walked up to each tee, and had the same thought process on every tee and that usually isn't the case.

... It is always interesting to hear others opinions on golf courses. I really like Heritage Bluff and find #1 a nice starting hole and then the elevation change on 2, tee shot and second shot premium 3, mounding just off the fairway and green slope on 4, difficulty with club selection and area around the green on 5, then pine lined 6 which reminds me of my home in NC and different from every other hole, 7 is a tricky little par 4 that looks easy but demands a really good tee and second shot with a difficult to putt green and 8 a pretty little par 3 that is easy if you find the green and tough if you don't. 9 is a straight away but long par 5 and a nice chance for a birdie heading into the back 9.

... But then again I hate Big Run which gets a lot of love here. My favorite course, all things considered like price, pace of play, conditions and the combination of easy/medium/difficult holes is Prairie Bluff which gets a fair share of hate. Played there yesterday and the greens were in excellent condition, something I have not found on most area courses after so much rain this summer. We are lucky to be living near so many really good golf courses that we can hate/love more than enough of them to keep us busy even playing 4/5 times a week.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

My understanding is that Calumet is being sold to FedEx to build a distribution facility. Its location next to Canadian National's Markham Yard and I-80/294 makes it an ideal location. The equity members are going to have quite a payday.

Interesting, haven't heard that.

Floosmoor is also struggling with membership I hear. Too bad as Floosmoor is a very nice track.

... Beyond my wildest dreams. If I could have traded for any player in the league and I would take Donald first and Mack second. Vegas odds went from 100-1 to 60-1 which is pretty insane with the addition of a defensive player but that is how disruptive Mack is. Fangio must be giddy as that was the one position where the defense was weak and he loves disruptive LB's. Floyd has to be ecstatic too because they can't double team Mack, Hicks and Floyd. I don't mind giving up two 1st round picks because Mack was the defensive player of the year in 2016 and is well worth it and there are no glaring weaknesses on the Bears right now so no need for a first rounder. 1st rounders are no guarantee for success and the Bears would gladly trade five 1st rounders Cedric Benson, Chris Williams, Gabe Carimi, Shea McClellin and Kevin White for Mack. Since entering the league Mack is 2nd in sacks and no telling how many picks he caused with 185 QB hurries.

... Beyond my wildest dreams. If I could have traded for any player in the league and I would take Donald first and Mack second. Vegas odds went from 100-1 to 60-1 which is pretty insane with the addition of a defensive player but that is how disruptive Mack is. Fangio must be giddy as that was the one position where the defense was weak and he loves disruptive LB's. Floyd has to be ecstatic too because they can't double team Mack, Hicks and Floyd. I don't mind giving up two 1st round picks because Mack was the defensive player of the year in 2016 and is well worth it and there are no glaring weaknesses on the Bears right now so no need for a first rounder. 1st rounders are no guarantee for success and the Bears would gladly trade five 1st rounders Cedric Benson, Chris Williams, Gabe Carimi, Shea McClellin and Kevin White for Mack. Since entering the league Mack is 2nd in sacks and no telling how many picks he caused with 185 QB hurries.

Yeah the bears 1st rounder selections haven't been money since the 70's and 80's. Don't forget about John Thierry, Raashaan Salam, Curtis Enis, Cade McNown... and one of my favorites STAN THOMAS!

... LOL thanks for the reminder, but Pace has changed that trend with Floyd, Trubisky and Smith. That said they won't be giving up top 15 picks or hopefully even top 25 picks in 2019/20. I was telling the Mrs the Bears don't need a 1st round pick anywhere on the team as every position is pretty solid right now, something they have not had in a long time. Trading those two picks for Mack was just a no brainier. Sure they can use some depth at quite a few spots but that can be addressed in the 2nd and later rounds.

The front at Heritage Bluffs is pretty pedestrian. The variety and interesting holes really don't start until the back (though 12-14 are pretty ho hum) and it leaves you wanting to come back by closing with a very cool stretch of holes on 15-18. 15 is a hard dogleg right with water right of the green. It slopes hard downhill at about 150 yards so if you catch the back side of that hill you can hit some monstrous drives. Go way right and you're OB. Leave it way left and you're 180 out with water on the right and bunkers on both sides of the green to worry about. 16 is a pretty straightforward par three over water but if the pin is left and tee shots are left of the green, it's really hard to get up and down to make par. 17 is a soft left- right dog with a tree that hangs over the right side of the fairway. If you hit a draw off the tee, it needs to elevate or the tree will swallow it up. 18 is a right-left dog with an elevated tee and trees hanging over both sides of the fairway. A very good closer, in my opinion. Does the course get a better rep than it should because it closes so good? Probably. I still really like it though.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

... LOL thanks for the reminder, but Pace has changed that trend with Floyd, Trubisky and Smith. That said they won't be giving up top 15 picks or hopefully even top 25 picks in 2019/20. I was telling the Mrs the Bears don't need a 1st round pick anywhere on the team as every position is pretty solid right now, something they have not had in a long time. Trading those two picks for Mack was just a no brainier. Sure they can use some depth at quite a few spots but that can be addressed in the 2nd and later rounds.

Better be a top-15 2019 or 2020 pick to give up or it means the trade didn’t help the Bears improve

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Better be a top-15 2019 or 2020 pick to give up or it means the trade didn't help the Bears improve

... You have that backwards. Bears would love to be giving up two 32nd picks in the first round. The higher the pick, the worst the Bears performed.