Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Nagy had an AWFUL 2nd half. He played not to lose...and that's exactly how you do lose. It was John Shoop making a triumphant return. I went to bed pissed, and I still am. Rodgers didn't even have to move an inch from the pocket that second half. You've gotta score points in the NFL and getting complacent and sitting back in the weeds won't win you anything. Nagy obviously didn't learn from his massive error for the Chiefs in the second half of that playoff game last year...

Fuller has to catch that pick!

Bears tried to get too cute on a couple of 3rd downs with 1-2 yds. to go in the 3r quarter. Give the ball to Howard.

Trubisky looked very skittish pretty much the whole 2nd half.

Aggravating to watch but at least it was close.

Fuller had a bad game. So did Nagy. Looked like the rookie coach he is. Trubisky’s deep ball is as accurate as Phil’s.

Yeah the insistence on throwing screen after screen didn't help them break out. It looked like Terry Shea at the controls again! Remember him???

I am going to stay out of this for the most part, but I don't think Trubisky is going to have a long great career. I hated the pick last year and may just be stubborn. I could be wrong, last year they obviously didn't trust him. He has a very strong arm, I don't know if he has the football IQ that Brady, Rodgers, Ben, Luck etc have. Bears could have had Watson or Mahomes, I don't know if I can get over that.

But the Bears made it with Rex so if they can keep the defense firing and Mack plays half as well as the first half last night they can compete.

... LOL, such a hater. Fox doesn't trust any passer. Did you watch his Carolina and Denver teams? Soooo many scouts had Trubisky rated as their highest QB in that draft. You just have to remember he is learning at break neck speed. I started as a QB as a freshman on the varsity team and had 4 years of high school experience before playing in college. My first year was a blur as it was so much to learn and adjust to. Repeating myself our starting QB said the jump to the NFL was 100 times harder. 100 times!!! Trubisky started one year in college and he has all tools including a strong arm, very accurate, high football IQ, athletic, hard worker and a natural leader ... but what he doesn't have is experience. I would give him this entire season before making any judgements on how good a NFL QB he is going to be. Did you watch P Mannings first year in the NFL? I have studied and broke down film quite a bit (old habit) and think there are no limits to his potential. And I have never said that about any of the 40 or more QB's that the Bears have drafted or traded for since 78.

As a life long bears fan, if Tribisky can play as well as Jim Mcmahon, has Jim's leadership style and can healthy (unlike Jim), I would be a happy camper.

15 hcp

Why do tight ends insist on thinking that they're swift footed running backs? Early in the 4th quarter the Bears had a 3rd and one after two solid runs by Howard, and Sims catches a pass with a clear path to the first down marker. Instead of simply bulling ahead and dragging defenders with him, he starts to stutter step, and gets tacked for no gain. WTF. The Packers score on their next drive. Quit trying to be cute, and run over people FFS.

Exactly on the big 3rd down he had to run to the sideline for a clear 1st down and he then changes course and runs at the defender only to get tackled and 2 yards short! Dumbass! DON"T throw the ball to Sims anymore please. He has proven he is a liability with ball in his hands. BTW Ditka would have made the 1st down dragging 11 defenders and probably would have scored! :taunt:

I am going to stay out of this for the most part, but I don't think Trubisky is going to have a long great career. I hated the pick last year and may just be stubborn. I could be wrong, last year they obviously didn't trust him. He has a very strong arm, I don't know if he has the football IQ that Brady, Rodgers, Ben, Luck etc have. Bears could have had Watson or Mahomes, I don't know if I can get over that.

But the Bears made it with Rex so if they can keep the defense firing and Mack plays half as well as the first half last night they can compete.

... LOL, such a hater. Fox doesn't trust any passer. Did you watch his Carolina and Denver teams? Soooo many scouts had Trubisky rated as their highest QB in that draft. You just have to remember he is learning at break neck speed. I started as a QB as a freshman on the varsity team and had 4 years of high school experience before playing in college. My first year was a blur as it was so much to learn and adjust to. Repeating myself our starting QB said the jump to the NFL was 100 times harder. 100 times!!! Trubisky started one year in college and he has all tools including a strong arm, very accurate, high football IQ, athletic, hard worker and a natural leader ... but what he doesn't have is experience. I would give him this entire season before making any judgements on how good a NFL QB he is going to be. Did you watch P Mannings first year in the NFL? I have studied and broke down film quite a bit (old habit) and think there are no limits to his potential. And I have never said that about any of the 40 or more QB's that the Bears have drafted or traded for since 78.

As a life long bears fan, if Tribisky can play as well as Jim Mcmahon, has Jim's leadership style and can healthy (unlike Jim), I would be a happy camper.

... I can quote others, stats, reasons why Nagy took the job and of course my personal educated opinion. But at this point they are all irrelevant. We have 15 more games this year to see how much he improves and how good he can be. The unemployment line is filled with GM's and Coaches that staked their future on a QB that didn't live up to their potential.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

Why do tight ends insist on thinking that they're swift footed running backs? Early in the 4th quarter the Bears had a 3rd and one after two solid runs by Howard, and Sims catches a pass with a clear path to the first down marker. Instead of simply bulling ahead and dragging defenders with him, he starts to stutter step, and gets tacked for no gain. WTF. The Packers score on their next drive. Quit trying to be cute, and run over people FFS.

Exactly on the big 3rd down he had to run to the sideline for a clear 1st down and he then changes course and runs at the defender only to get tackled and 2 yards short! Dumbass! DON"T throw the ball to Sims anymore please. He has proven he is a liability with ball in his hands. BTW Ditka would have made the 1st down dragging 11 defenders and probably would have scored! :taunt:

In Nagy's presser today he was asked about the Sims play. Turns out he was the ONLY receiving option on that play. No other receivers for Trubisky to target. Shocking in that situation there wouldn't be at least a secondary receiver, an outlet or something. It would seem that if Sims was covered the plan was to throw the ball away.

In Nagy's presser today he was asked about the Sims play. Turns out he was the ONLY receiving option on that play. No other receivers for Trubisky to target. Shocking in that situation there wouldn't be at least a secondary receiver, an outlet or something. It would seem that if Sims was covered the plan was to throw the ball away.

I'd rather throw the ball to Kyle Long and see what he can do with it, than Sims. Heck give him a number in the 60's and tape his hands casts while lining him up on the line and say ok I hope you enjoyed catching passes in your career because that time is over.

Hate to break up the Bears chatter, but has anyone played Oak Grove lately?

If so, how were the conditions?

Played it about 3 weeks ago. B overall. Fairways were in good conditions, greens OK but a lot of ball marks, traps were low on sand. Living in south Naperhell the drive up is fine, the drive home 2+ hours. They still have terrible range balls and limited post round beverages but for pure golf, it's still a solid play and they no longer give you grief for walking...or a discount either.

Trubisky wasn't seeing the field well in the 2nd half. He had open receivers several times downfield and just didn't see them. It also looked a bit like they were playing not to lose as opposed to playing to win.

But...this could be a fun season to watch which we haven't had in quite a while.

I had a nice long, biting retort ready when someone started droning on about Trubisky’s accuracy. Instead of clicking “add reply,” I figured I’d just let his play do the talking. Nothing changed. Oh, the Packers are hosed when Rodgers, who’s already limping around, gets blown up.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Need to add my two cents to the Bears discussion, will keep it pithy. Trubisky is/will be the weak link this season, and a weak link at QB in the NFL translates into a losing season. It's his second year, and time to begin showing signs that he could blossom into at the very least a serviceable QB. I'm not holding my breath...

The two courses at St Andrews in West Chicago used to be called No. 1 and No. 2. At some point they were renamed the St. Andrews course, and the Joe Jemsek course. Any idea which is the old No. 1?

Nevermind. I found my old scorecard from 2012. The original St Andrews course is No. 1.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Trubinsky doesn't need to win them games, just not lose games, a la Alex Smith who I think can be a good role model for him. He has similar characteristics and is very accurate and a check down passer who can run. They have Howard and a top 10 defense for sure. Run the ball, ball controlled passing game with occasional shots to Allen Robinson, and let the defense play. 8-8 or 9-7 is possible.

Trubinsky doesn't need to win them games, just not lose games, a la Alex Smith who I think can be a good role model for him. He has similar characteristics and is very accurate and a check down passer who can run. They have Howard and a top 10 defense for sure. Run the ball, ball controlled passing game with occasional shots to Allen Robinson, and let the defense play. 8-8 or 9-7 is possible.

Baltimore won a SB with a great defense and Trent Dilfer.

... John Fox, is this you? Did you not watch the game Sunday night? Great teams have great QB's. Every team will have games where the QB has to win the game in the 4th qt. Yes, there have been one or 2 teams that could win on defense alone with a "game manager" ( a term I hate btw). But 99% of the SB winners have QB's and receivers that can win the game when everyone knows they are going to throw the ball. Yes, Howard is a beast, but we have seen him bottled up when defenses stack the box. Really good teams have balance and that means running inside and outside, throwing short-middle-long and keeping the defense honest. The LAST thing I want from Trubisky is turning him into the 40 or so "game manager" QB's that have started in Chicago the last 40 years. The NFC North has Rodgers, Stafford and Cousins and Trubisky better keep up or the Bears will never challenge for the NFC Champs.

... The General is one of my favorite courses to play. Not the best condition and the layout is a little funky at times but the elevation changes are just awesome and a ton of fun. That is #11, a cool little par 3 from all tees but especially the back tees. I have not played it since last fall so cannot comment on the condition.

... The General is one of my favorite courses to play. Not the best condition and the layout is a little funky at times but the elevation changes are just awesome and a ton of fun. That is #11, a cool little par 3 from all tees but especially the back tees. I have not played it since last fall so cannot comment on the condition.

Thanks! I drive by it every year for a weekend getaway in Galena with some friends from college and it has always looked pretty good, but I have always been too hungover to stop.. Finally knocking it off the list this year.

With the way Howard was running they should have given him two tries to get the 1st down when it was 3rd and 1. Ridiculous to call a pass in that situation with GB holding no timeouts and a 1st down ends the game.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

Played White Tail Ridge yesterday with my brother in law. Perfect day to play and course was in excellent condition. They had us starting on the back 9 as they were taking sand off the greens in the front 9. My bil torched the back 9 with a 33.

I went the other direction with a 46 starting the round with a 6-6-7-6. My bil cooled off in the 2nd nine with a 44. I scored a 42.

I was pretty excited to see my bil maybe break 70 and I told him he should not start drinking his Millers and instead have some Gatorade. Did he listen? Of course not. My Millers actually helped me in 2nd nine. :taunt:

15 hcp

All of the courses, including the East, are great tracks. There are a couple of holes on the General, like 17 (I think) where if you're above the hole and miss, you could be 30 yards off the green for your next shot. The South is probably the toughest of the 18 hole tracks and can be very penal.

One of the most memorable shots I've ever hit was on the 8th hole of the General, the sharp dogleg right with the green surrounded by the rock outcropping. I cut the corner nicely and had a short pitch into the green with a front pin. The pitch shot hit a sprinkler head and bounced straight right on to the cart path. That cart path is straight downhill and needless to say, the third shot into the green was nearly 200 yards.

All of the courses, including the East, are great tracks. There are a couple of holes on the General, like 17 (I think) where if you're above the hole and miss, you could be 30 yards off the green for your next shot. The South is probably the toughest of the 18 hole tracks and can be very penal.

One of the most memorable shots I've ever hit was on the 8th hole of the General, the sharp dogleg right with the green surrounded by the rock outcropping. I cut the corner nicely and had a short pitch into the green with a front pin. The pitch shot hit a sprinkler head and bounced straight right on to the cart path. That cart path is straight downhill and needless to say, the third shot into the green was nearly 200 yards.

I'll be sure to avoid that sprinkler head! Ha.

I've driven by eagle ridge, but never played there.

Thought I'd ask the group, I've got tomorrow afternoon free to play golf, and I'll be in libertyville area.

Where would you play?

I'm leaning towards walking a round at Sunset Valley to see the changes there after the Rick Jacobsen renovation

(I know, the routing is the same..., but we have a wednesday night work league there, and I want a preview)

What say you all?

Looking for a 230 tee time...

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

I'm holding off on Sunset Valley. It's cart path only for the rest of the year, so even though you'd be walking, the pace is going to be dictated by the other players in carts. Ugh.

I'd probably head over to Stonewall Orchard.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Lol. One of my most memorable shots was on the 17th on the North Course. I hit a weak a** drive to the right edge of the fairway leaving me nearly 200 yards to a back pin. There's a very large tree on the right side ~75 yards out, so I have to hit a huge 30 - 40 yard cut shot. I opened the face on my fairway wood, opened my stance, and sliced the cr*p out of the ball. It curved around the tree, landed a few yards short of the green, and rolled to within 10 feet of the pin. I made the birdie put. 'Don't think I've ever hit such a controlled slice since then.

I'm holding off on Sunset Valley. It's cart path only for the rest of the year, so even though you'd be walking, the pace is going to be dictated by the other players in carts. Ugh.

I'd probably head over to Stonewall Orchard.

Thanks, Arg. That's a good point on pace of play with a stacked tee sheet and CPO.

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Lol. One of my most memorable shots was on the 17th on the North Course. I hit a weak a** drive to the right edge of the fairway leaving me nearly 200 yards to a back pin. There's a very large tree on the right side ~75 yards out, so I have to hit a huge 30 - 40 yard cut shot. I opened the face on my fairway wood, opened my stance, and sliced the cr*p out of the ball. It curved around the tree, landed a few yards short of the green, and rolled to within 10 feet of the pin. I made the birdie put. 'Don't think I've ever hit such a controlled slice since then.

Some day I'll hit a "good" memorable shot.

Refresh my memory. Does Cantigny allow walking on weekend mornings? I'm looking at an 8 am tee time on Sunday (Woodside/Lakeside).

I'm going to play Pine Meadow, mainly because time's limited and it's close to home.

And they don't aerate until the 25th of September.

Thunderhawk is verticutting today and tomorrow, FYI

Mt prospect aerated with small tines and topdressed (3/16" holes maybe) monday and tuesday this week, but the practice green rolled pretty well yesterday.

2:07 pm tomorrow if anyone wants to join...

TM TP5x

Refresh my memory. Does Cantigny allow walking on weekend mornings? I'm looking at an 8 am tee time on Sunday (Woodside/Lakeside).

I was at Cantigny yesterday practicing. Haven't played the course yet this year, but the range was in pretty rough shape. Let us know what kind of shape the course is in! Hard to imagine not good, but I have never seen the range so chewed up.