Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

White Hawk in Crown Point (Red/Silver) Sunday morning - never played there - looks like a TOUGH track.

Got an invite to play in a charity outing at Riverside Golf Club on Monday. Might have to go - another track I've never played.

The Silver nine at White Hawk has got to be one of the hardest nines in that part of the region. Played all 36 with a buddy back in the day, kept getting pissed off at what looked like good shots that would catch these "false sides" on greens and wind up on the collar leaving a tricky chip. Mentally exhausting. I didn't even play the last few holes on the Silver because it was nearly dark and was worried I'd lose my last sleeve of Pro Vs :rofl:

Yeah, Silverhawk is the monster of the four nines there. Black and Grey are pretty solid as well. Red is definitely the least challenging but get ready because Silver never really lets up. It’s crazy long and has a lot of forced carries off the tee. If you can’t carry it 270, avoid the tips.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Highland Woods (home of the secret tee time)

LOL what does this entail? How is this any different than any of the other munis that just take walk-up's money and send em to the starter and jam the course?

Cobra KING LTD Pro 8.5º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 15º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
*Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle/Albatross 7/15/17)

OR - *Titleist 712U 3i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 712U 4i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08, SM6 50.12F, SM6 56.14F bent to 55 True Temper DG S200
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks V-Grind 60.10 True Temper DG S200
Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade By Titleist

A pleasant morning at St Andrews. I played the Lakewood course for the first time. Meh. A few nice holes, but otherwise every other hole seemed the same. The par 3s all seemed to play the same distance. Conditions were good. The greens rolled nicely with moderate speed. No complaints.

I was scheduled to play with a threesome, but they were no shows. Rather than send me out as a single among foursomes, the starter decided to add me as a 5th to the group behind me by moving them up a time slot. I've never played as a 5 some, but I figured since we were taking two slots we'd keep up. Well, barely. We wound up finishing one hole behind, but at least I wasn't out there as a solo single. It still messed up my game, as I felt pressured to play fast to keep the group behind us off our tail. Oh well.

Mediocre day (at best) ballstriking. Had a bad case of the lefts with the driver, leaving me too many long approaches out of the left rough. A few nice scrambles allowed me to salvage a few pars, but otherwise it was a bogie fest.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

LOL what does this entail? How is this any different than any of the other munis that just take walk-up's money and send em to the starter and jam the course?

We had a round there a couple of years ago where, according to the tee sheet when we booked, we had the third time. However, like 7 groups ended up going out before us because they were buddies with people in the pro shop. It took 5 hours, guys in front and behind us were hammered (we teed off before 7:00 am), and we overheard a bunch of MAGA boys who, since they were in a pro shop, figured they were green lit to just be overtly racist rather than their usual brand of implied racism. I could’ve shot a 65 and been p!ssed. I didn’t shoot a 65 though.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

We had a round there a couple of years ago where, according to the tee sheet when we booked, we had the third time. However, like 7 groups ended up going out before us because they were buddies with people in the pro shop. It took 5 hours, guys in front and behind us were hammered (we teed off before 7:00 am), and we overheard a bunch of MAGA boys who, since they were in a pro shop, figured they were green lit to just be overtly racist rather than their usual brand of implied racism. I could've shot a 65 and been p!ssed. I didn't shoot a 65 though.

... I was out there the day the police descended on the course maybe 20 years ago. 4 or 5 cop cars lights flashing and sirens blasting, all converging on the front 9. (we were on the back). After the round we found out the guy in the glass booth had let his buddies out in front of the group that had been waiting and watching so they knew nobody signed the sheet and they were pissed at these Wall Street Wannabe's that came out at lunch and fired a few drives into them when they were in the fairway. These idiots called the police and said they had a "hostile situation" on the front 9 at Highland Woods. Cell phones were not as reliable back then and the police heard "Hostage situation" and hence the movie like response. We heard the starter was demoted to the range and things seemed to go smoothly for the rest of that summer, but the next year the Good Ole Boys Pre MAGA Network started up again and we quit playing there.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

Links at Lawsonia. Very nice. Great day.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

the Cliffs of Zion were a unique experience today. one that does not need to be repeated anytime soon.

morning fog so dense that that pretty much all shots were blind until halfway thru number seven.

could not see my partner seventy five yards away. had we not known the track it would have been awkward.

place swarmed with big nasty mosquitoes.

greens were firm and fast. pin placements were in some cases, three paces away from severe slopes.

had some really good pars and missed a couple birdie putts by thismuch.

number sixteen, thought my partner said 150, so that's what I hit - then watched the shot fly green into the crud behind.

oops, he meant 135.

stupid Garmin.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

Cantigny Woodside/Lakeside this morning. The course was in fine shape. The green were super smooth, but a little slow for my tastes. 'Probably rolling 9 or 10 max. The pace was pretty bad at 4:40. The threesome in front of my group was at least 1 1/2 holes behind. I played with a father and his 12 year old son. I generally don't care how one plays, but I really felt these two should have teed it up elsewhere. They probably went through 2 dozen balls easily, and could barely get off the tee. I don't mind someone spraying the ball on occasion, but when a player can't make it to the fairway on the majority of the holes, it's time to hit the range, or the local muni. It definitely effected my game, as I was constantly rushing to keep our group in position. The poor guys behind us were waiting on most shots.

Poor round by recent standards. I was getting off the tee better today, but hitting greens was a chore. I couldn't buy a putt, leaving almost everything short.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Cantigny Woodside/Lakeside this morning. The course was in fine shape. The green were super smooth, but a little slow for my tastes. 'Probably rolling 9 or 10 max. The pace was pretty bad at 4:40. The threesome in front of my group was at least 1 1/2 holes behind. I played with a father and his 12 year old son. I generally don't care how one plays, but I really felt these two should have teed it up elsewhere. They probably went through 2 dozen balls easily, and could barely get off the tee. I don't mind someone spraying the ball on occasion, but when a player can't make it to the fairway on the majority of the holes, it's time to hit the range, or the local muni. It definitely effected my game, as I was constantly rushing to keep our group in position. The poor guys behind us were waiting on most shots.

Poor round by recent standards. I was getting off the tee better today, but hitting greens was a chore. I couldn't buy a putt, leaving almost everything short.

That's disappointing to hear. Cantigny usually is good about that and pace. I play there quite a bit and rarely have pace problems. But I agree, shouldn't be on that caliber of a course if you can't at least make solid contact 90% of the time.

I also played Woodside/Lakeside today, teed off at 1:10 and pace was slightly less than 4 hours with a threesome. Agree with your assessment, Arg. Course conditions were fantastic, and the greens were very smooth but I also thought they were fairly slow, even this afternoon given the heat, but slower than usual for Cantigny.

Played Crystal Woods yesterday and donated about a pint of blood courtesy of the mosquitos. We've been luck all year with no skeeters but these were just insane. Anywhoo...the course is in great shape...greens rolling fast and we finished in under 4 hours and that's with waiting on the group in front of us that we caught on the back 9. Some of the traps were just raked dirt while other holes had some sand.

Coyote Run today. First journey around the course. Really liked it...lots of variety in the holes. Huge greens...quite a bit slower than Crystal Woods though. Pace sucked. Over 5 hours and we got to know the group behind us very well. No ranger or anyone checking pace. The group in front of us doesn't get the concept of ready golf and there was a gap in front of them. Sstill, a beautiful day...golfed with the college buds and a fun day overall.

White Hawk (Red/Silver) this morning.

The good - nice layout. The “Red” is pretty straight forward, while the “Silver” is little more gimmicky - think Lost Marsh with some extra teeth. Paid $55 with cart (definitely needed due to distance between tees/9s):

The bad - they watered the s$%t out of it. Never seen so many plugged balls, and forget about “bump and run” around the greens. The bunkers at George Dunne look like Augusta National compared to most of the bunkers at WH.

The ugly - my golf game. Didn’t make a single putt over 4 feet. We had 28 person “tournament”, with the usual closest to the pin, longest putt, longest drive. Hit the best drive of the day on 18th (9th of Silver), 340 down slight wind (lasered) along the right side and it wasn’t enough - lost by literally 2 yards ? to a high school kid, who shot 75 (his coach’s stable includes couple PGA players).

Overall, fun day “down south”.

Outing at Riverside Country Club tomorrow afternoon, and than off to the cheezeland fo 2 days of golf (and hopefully some sturgeon fishing) next weekend. Club championship at Trapppers Turn.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

I played White Hawk on Saturday in a outing for the local School District Athletic Department. They had enough golfers that they had to use all 36 holes. My 4-some got stuck playing Silver and Black nines. We had the same issue as you, many drives plugging in the fairways. One drive was so bad that the whole ball was under the ground. The silver nine is very scenic in my opinion and once you play it a few times and become familiar with the course it seems less gimmicky.

It would never happen here because it would probably cause them to lose a ton of money, but I wish a few courses in the area had handicap requirements. Maybe just in peak hours or on certain days and certainly not every course. I know good players can play slow, but I am willing to bet the groups causing the major issues aren't the single handicaps. It doesn't even have to be that low, I would think that requiring a 15-18 recorded handicap would help. It would probably also throw the PC police in a fit because it isn't inclusive and "hurts the game." But in doing research for a Scotland trip, they all require a certain handicap.

UPDATED

Fri. 9/14

AM: The Oaks Golf Course, Cottage Grove

PM: Lawsonia Woodlands

Sat. 9/15

AM: Lawsonia Woodlands

PM: Lawsonia Links

Great weekend. Perfect weather. Quick rundown of conditions.

Friday morning at The Oaks. The starter said we're in for a real treat. Recently voted best-conditioned golf course in Wisconsin. Well, that wasn't even close to being accurate. Bunkers usually have sand, sometimes even fluffy. These were hard-pan clay with mud. Greens and fairways were nice though. Course itself is pretty straight forward with the par fives playing very short. Played off the middle tees and other than the 18th, the longest 2nd shot on the 5s was a 6-iron. Shot 71 which I was very happy with considering the 4 hours sleep. On to Lawsonia.

Woodlands late in the PM. OMFG the mosquitoes! Relentless! Everywhere. Could not stand still without getting consistently buzzed. Conditions overall were shyte. Greens were good but bunkers had weeds growing in them, with most of the sand washed away. No maintenance at all. The par-3 3rd tee had maybe 10% of grass coverage. The rest of the tee box was just clay/sand full of unfilled divots. Terrible. 6/10 overall. With the mosquitoes, conditions and general tiredness, shot a 76 of the blues. In bed before 10pm. Needed sleep.

Saturday early AM, Woodlands again. Mosquitos were less active. Greens were cut and rolling nice. Pin positions very generous. Blue tees again for a 72 with a lot off missed short putts. Could have been way lower.

PM on the Links. 20 minute break between rounds. Sun is shining. 80 degrees and no fricken mozzies! Since everyone was feeling a little overdone, we played off the white tees. Great course and layout. Fairways were rolling out. Greens were pure and there was sand in the bunkers. Couple of dodgy holes look liked they were squeezed in: the par-3 7th and 14th. Striped it all the way around. Tee shot on the 12th landed 6' short, hit the flag and finished 2' away. So close. Lots of birdies and a couple of bogies for a 69.

Sunday. zzzzzzzz......

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

It would never happen here because it would probably cause them to lose a ton of money, but I wish a few courses in the area had handicap requirements. Maybe just in peak hours or on certain days and certainly not every course. I know good players can play slow, but I am willing to bet the groups causing the major issues aren't the single handicaps. It doesn't even have to be that low, I would think that requiring a 15-18 recorded handicap would help. It would probably also throw the PC police in a fit because it isn't inclusive and "hurts the game." But in doing research for a Scotland trip, they all require a certain handicap.

... Just not a viable option although it sounds good. My BIL is about a 5 and the slowest player I have ever shared the course with and refuse to play with him anymore. Never looks at his putt til it is his turn, then looks at it from 4 sides and usually misses it. Putting is the weakest part of his game and he pays no attention to others putts. But I get tired of playing behind the high caps that take 3 practice swings, freeze over the ball going thru their mental checklist, hit a 30 yd grounder and stand there disappointed maybe taking a few swings after the bad shot. Then get in their cart moving 25 yds and then repeat the prices all over again.

... We all started playing poorly and I will always remember the advice I got from a better player. Nobody cares how bad you play, only how fast you play. If you keep up with the group in front of you, a 10 is OK as long as you hit and move. That hard part for me is I am a twilite golfer and hate morning golf. So a handicap system would most likely encourage slow golfers to go out late in the day. If twilite starts at 3, they should not be in the first hour but after that late in the day is the perfect time to learn. And lastly I don't know why waiving people thru is such a difficult thing to understand but way too often there are holes open in front of a slow group and they never even know there are two groups on the tee behind them.

... Just not a viable option although it sounds good. My BIL is about a 5 and the slowest player I have ever shared the course with and refuse to play with him anymore. Never looks at his putt til it is his turn, then looks at it from 4 sides and usually misses it. Putting is the weakest part of his game and he pays no attention to others putts. But I get tired of playing behind the high caps that take 3 practice swings, freeze over the ball going thru their mental checklist, hit a 30 yd grounder and stand there disappointed maybe taking a few swings after the bad shot. Then get in their cart moving 25 yds and then repeat the prices all over again.

... We all started playing poorly and I will always remember the advice I got from a better player. Nobody cares how bad you play, only how fast you play. If you keep up with the group in front of you, a 10 is OK as long as you hit and move. That hard part for me is I am a twilite golfer and hate morning golf. So a handicap system would most likely encourage slow golfers to go out late in the day. If twilite starts at 3, they should not be in the first hour but after that late in the day is the perfect time to learn. And lastly I don't know why waiving people thru is such a difficult thing to understand but way too often there are holes open in front of a slow group and they never even know there are two groups on the tee behind them.

I don't disagree with that. I'd rather play with someone who is really good at ready golf over someone who is just good at golf. I think there are too many people out there that are completely unaware of golf etiquette though. I really think like people just don't care, they paid their money, they are going to do what makes them happy. Not realizing it can affect 100+ people behind them depending on the time. I am a huge grump when it comes to slow play/etiquette though, it is something that just really bothers me.

I don't disagree with that. I'd rather play with someone who is really good at ready golf over someone who is just good at golf. I think there are too many people out there that are completely unaware of golf etiquette though. I really think like people just don't care, they paid their money, they are going to do what makes them happy. Not realizing it can affect 100+ people behind them depending on the time. I am a huge grump when it comes to slow play/etiquette though, it is something that just really bothers me.

... That to me is the biggest difference between when I started playing golf and now. We were schooled in etiquette both in person and in publications as well as rangers on the course. None of those really exist today and while I do not want to throw the current generation under the bus, because I have played behind irresponsible old timers too, the amount of younger golfers I see on the course that even though they are in shape, take their carts 3 feet off the cart path at tees and right next to greens, stop every cart girl, play music too loud, drive their carts to each others shots and talk about it and again, never look behind them because their world is a 10 foot circle can be so frustrating.

... That to me is the biggest difference between when I started playing golf and now. We were schooled in etiquette both in person and in publications as well as rangers on the course. None of those really exist today and while I do not want to throw the current generation under the bus, because I have played behind irresponsible old timers too, the amount of younger golfers I see on the course that even though they are in shape, take their carts 3 feet off the cart path at tees and right next to greens, stop every cart girl, play music too loud, drive their carts to each others shots and talk about it and again, never look behind them because their world is a 10 foot circle can be so frustrating.

I am 28 and feel the same way. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends are the people we can't stand. Luckily I have a good group of friends who play smart and with proper etiquette. I always wonder if I am in the minority because when people drive next to greens, off the path on CPO days, yell/throw clubs etc it pisses me off big time. And it seems like more and more people do it. I also tend to find a lot of times it is a group of 35-50-year-old men who have no business playing the tips but don't give a F because they paid for the premium time that I was stuck behind. It is why I rarely play on weekends anymore unless I can get the first tee time of the day. I haven't played a peak morning weekend time in years because it is an absolute sh!t show out there.

UPDATED

Fri. 9/14

AM: The Oaks Golf Course, Cottage Grove

PM: Lawsonia Woodlands

Sat. 9/15

AM: Lawsonia Woodlands

PM: Lawsonia Links

Great weekend. Perfect weather. Quick rundown of conditions.

Friday morning at The Oaks. The starter said we're in for a real treat. Recently voted best-conditioned golf course in Wisconsin. Well, that wasn't even close to being accurate. Bunkers usually have sand, sometimes even fluffy. These were hard-pan clay with mud. Greens and fairways were nice though. Course itself is pretty straight forward with the par fives playing very short. Played off the middle tees and other than the 18th, the longest 2nd shot on the 5s was a 6-iron. Shot 71 which I was very happy with considering the 4 hours sleep. On to Lawsonia.

Woodlands late in the PM. OMFG the mosquitoes! Relentless! Everywhere. Could not stand still without getting consistently buzzed. Conditions overall were shyte. Greens were good but bunkers had weeds growing in them, with most of the sand washed away. No maintenance at all. The par-3 3rd tee had maybe 10% of grass coverage. The rest of the tee box was just clay/sand full of unfilled divots. Terrible. 6/10 overall. With the mosquitoes, conditions and general tiredness, shot a 76 of the blues. In bed before 10pm. Needed sleep.

Sunday early AM, Woodlands again. Mosquitos were less active. Greens were cut and rolling nice. Pin positions very generous. Blue tees again for a 72 with a lot off missed short putts. Could have been way lower.

PM on the Links. 20 minute break between rounds. Sun is shining. 80 degrees and no fricken mozzies! Since everyone was feeling a little overdone, we played off the white tees. Great course and layout. Fairways were rolling out. Greens were pure and there was sand in the bunkers. Couple of dodgy holes look liked they were squeezed in: the par-3 7th and 14th. Striped it all the way around. Tee shot on the 12th landed 6' short, hit the flag and finished 2' away. So close. Lots of birdies and a couple of bogies for a 69.

Sunday. zzzzzzzz......

yea, Woodlands lost all their bunkers a few weeks ago when they got 10 inches of rain and three tornadoes in one night. Most were washed completely away.

Glad you enjoyed the Links, too bad you couldn't get out there twice.

Lol. I don't think I've ever hear the words "Gem" and "Lost Marsh" in the same sentence. Now, I have a bit of appreciation for the course, but I do believe it's one of the most hated courses in the area. Heck, I can't say I've ever heard anyone profess love for the course.

http://www.golfwrx.com/528720/hidden-gem-of-the-day-lost-marsh-golf-course-in-hammond-indiana/

With this great run of weather, I decided to take today off work and play 36.

I haven't played Aldeen yet this year, so called yesterday and ask if the greens had been punched. Was told no, so I went ahead and booked. Got to the course, checked-in, talked with the starter, all was good. Breezed thru the front. Then, I get to 10. Look ahead and see a whole crew working on the green. I immediately get a sinking feeling. Look over at the #11 green, and it was cover in cores. While I was playing the front, they were aerating the back 9. And, because they just started, the greens were completely unplayable since the cores had yet to be swept up.

I thought about playing the front again, but it was completely jammed. So, I just played the back 9, but what a waste of a trip. The worst part is that I interacted with three different people at the course, yet not one told me about the aeration, even when I asked. Complete bullxxxx. And, I was charged the full rate which is even more a joke. I don't hold it against Aldeen for aerating the greens, but jeez, let your customers know. I like the course, but I won't be back.

The only solace in the trek out to Aldeen is that I hit Blackstone on the way back to the city. Kudos to them on some real customer service. I arrived before my time, and they were able to get me out before a large group (four foursomes) went out. The starter even gave me a ride to the 1st tee since that's a somewhat longer walk. They punched last Monday, but the greens were pretty closed to being completely healed. A little slower than normal, but still rolled rather true. The course was in great shape, but the mosquitoes were brutal. Especially from #13-#15.

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

Lol. I don't think I've ever hear the words "Gem" and "Lost Marsh" in the same sentence. Now, I have a bit of appreciation for the course, but I do believe it's one of the most hated courses in the area. Heck, I can't say I've ever heard anyone profess love for the course.

http://www.golfwrx.c...ammond-indiana/

I saw that a few days ago and I thought I was hallucinating. I'm guessing whoever rated it as such never played there when the winds are up. Play it then, and you will question if you ever want to pick-up a club again. I think Lost Marsh sucks, but since I'm in a charitable mood, I'll call it unique.

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

Scramble at Riverside GC this afternoon. As expected, the course was in great condition and the greens were quick and true. I was expecting a large outing, but only 13 foursomes were out there. We got extremely lucky, since we started on hole 13 and there was nobody in front of us till the very end. Despite paying like donkeys (my 3 playing partners played combined 8 rounds this year), we finished in sporty 3:45. When we left (after having couple drinks and dinner), people were still filing in?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️.

The course is your typical turn of the century home of +/- 400 yard par 4. There’s a stretch of some really tight holes on the front 9 (water/crap on both sides), but otherwise it’s pretty forgiving. Smallish and very undulating greens, with tons of false fronts.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Watching Malhomes yesterday and Trubisky tonight sure is upsetting..

... Just remember Trubisky is not only still learning after starting only 13 games in college and he had Fox screaming in his ear DON'T TURN IT OVER! He is learning another whole new offense in his second season. That is brutal. Mahomes is running the same offense he ran last season, so no new terminology as well as no new scheme. So Mahomes should look a lot better. That said, Trubisky is still looking a little hesitant like he can still hear Fox in his head. But I am not gonna have an opinion on Trubisky's play til the second half of the season.

Just finished 18 at Kankakee Elks... It was "unique". First impression: I booked my tee time this morning, not a single booked tee time on the tee sheet online so I thought I'd be the only one there. Get there and the place was packed. I go in and the old man asks how he can help. I tell him I have a 430, his reply was not tonight you don't. I said excuse me? He then tells me they have leagues and college practice and they have no openings all evening. I show him my confirmation and tell him I just drove an hour 15 minutes we need to figure something out. End up going off the back and practicing with the college lol. The back 9 was average at best the front had some character. Greens were good, everything else was pretty bad. The front 9 was pretty fun. Overall not worth the drive to play it, even at 20 bucks. Also, he guaranteed me I wouldn't finish, walked off 18 and said " I thought I wouldn't finish?" Walked the back (front) 9 in about 50 minutes with some jogging. Shot even through that 9.

OK, who's going to be the first in line at the new PXG retail store in Northbrook?

http://www.golfwrx.c..._content=unused

store is in an industrial area on Techny near Shermer. just west of the local par three course but not much else golf related nearby.

Shermer Road is the via for getting to and from Willow Road, the East-West to the Edens, 294 and Route 53.

great lawnmower - snowblower guy across the street. highly recommend.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry