2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Oy veh. It's not the shovel, guys. It's the shaft. X-stiff wood is the only way to go.

I tried the X-stiff, regular, as an old guy, even the senior flex. Far and away the longest for me was the snowblower.

What launch angle do you have on the snowblower? Is it adjustable?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Oy veh. It's not the shovel, guys. It's the shaft. X-stiff wood is the only way to go.

I tried the X-stiff, regular, as an old guy, even the senior flex. Far and away the longest for me was the snowblower.

What launch angle do you have on the snowblower? Is it adjustable?

It is adjustable. Right now with lighter snow, the launch angle is set to 17 degrees and the smash factor yesterday was 3 bottles of wine.

Looks like I'm playing Pebble on Xbox tomorrow....they just announced our plants are shut down...

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

FYI

PGA SS has discounted their tour van fitting clubs on M3/ M4 and Rogue.

Just saw a new in plastic Rogue SZ driver with Hzrdus for 259. New M3 with Tensei for 229. Fwy and hyb are cheap too.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

I shoulda had the Ariens fixed properly. now I'm relying on a Nike yellow stiff wide blade shovel. even has stabilizer bars.

has a helluva swingweight though.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

... Dam I just looked at the forecast and without wind-chill it will be -15/-26 and 20 mph winds Wednesday? That is dangerous and just crazy weather. I feel for you guys.

Yet it'll be 46 and raining this weekend. Climate change, which is marked by extreme weather changes, is clearly just a hoax. We just literally need to survive these next two days. The heat was turned off in some of my students' homes because of unpaid bills so I worry about them a great deal but the general plan for today and tomorrow throughout the city is to stay inside.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

I went out for breakfast. It was a balmy -18 in River North. 'Might head to Marovitz later and get in a quick 9. Lol.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

It's a lovely day out. Easy drive to the office...thinking about hitting balls at lunch.

Only half a tank?

That's like playing russian roulette.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

... Dam I just looked at the forecast and without wind-chill it will be -15/-26 and 20 mph winds Wednesday? That is dangerous and just crazy weather. I feel for you guys.

Yet it'll be 46 and raining this weekend. Climate change, which is marked by extreme weather changes, is clearly just a hoax. We just literally need to survive these next two days. The heat was turned off in some of my students' homes because of unpaid bills so I worry about them a great deal but the general plan for today and tomorrow throughout the city is to stay inside.

Not to get too political, but completely agree with this (because I think you are joking.) Unfortunately, the term "global warming" is too advanced for a large portion of this country to understand, that it doesn't just mean warmer temperatures constantly and there is a difference between weather and climate.

Not to get too political, but this morning, I was considering the folly of those who believe in a systemic cause behind a 36-hour, once-in-100 years, cold snap.

Not to get too political, but completely agree with this (because I think you are joking.) Unfortunately, the term "global warming" is too advanced for a large portion of this country to understand, that it doesn't just mean warmer temperatures constantly and there is a difference between weather and climate.

Not to get too political, but this morning, I was considering the folly of those who believe in a systemic cause behind a 36-hour, once-in-100 years, cold snap.

I shouldn't have made my comment earlier.. This isn't the place. It has been deleted because golfwrx isn't the place to argue with someone who doesn't believe in science.

It's a lovely day out. Easy drive to the office...thinking about hitting balls at lunch.

Only half a tank?

That's like playing russian roulette.

Filled up by the office. My Dad taught us that one about a hundred years ago! It's amazing the things that you thought were stupid 50 years ago are now pretty smart.

Except that this happened in 2014 when it got down to -15, so, about that "once-in-100-years" talk. There's also several once-every-1000-years hurricanes per year because the oceans are about 10 degrees warmer than they should be and all sorts of other crazy weather issues have arisen. How did the polar vortex happen? Because the area of low pressure around the Arctic is pushed further away from the poles because of a massive increase in temperature there. As in a climb of over 100 degrees. And how does this happen? Global warming which, as it turns out, is not hoax invented by the Chinese.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

I shouldn't have made my comment earlier.. This isn't the place. It has been deleted because golfwrx isn't the place to argue with someone who doesn't believe in pseudo-science.

FTFY and now I agree.

To the guy asking about Peoria, it is definitely snow covered. Maybe a couple inches less than the Chicago suburbs, still a good foot of snow on the ground in most places. Instead, start driving South and stop at the Mistwood dome or Naperville Top Golf. TopTracer isn't all that accurate at Mistwood but it sure beats just hitting into a wall. I played Pebble the other day and it was a lot of fun.

To the guy asking about Peoria, it is definitely snow covered. Maybe a couple inches less than the Chicago suburbs, still a good foot of snow on the ground in most places. Instead, start driving South and stop at the Mistwood dome or Naperville Top Golf. TopTracer isn't all that accurate at Mistwood but it sure beats just hitting into a wall. I played Pebble the other day and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks, I go to Mistwood dome about once a week. I think ball data is pretty accurate actually. But thanks for the update on Peoria, guess I'll save my time this weekend.

League night at Halfway House!!! I sure do look forward to these every week now!

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

Thanks, I go to Mistwood dome about once a week. I think ball data is pretty accurate actually. But thanks for the update on Peoria, guess I'll save my time this weekend.

Any recommendations on where one can pay to hit on a Trackman or GC Quad around Chicago (preferably North/Northwest)? Just want to get an idea of my numbers.

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* -  Ventus Black TR
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus Blue TR
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 19* - Ventus Blue TR
Mizuno 923 Forged - KBS Tour V
Titleist SM9 - 54 & 58 - KBS 610 Wedge
Odyssey TriHot 5k Triple Wide

Any recommendations on where one can pay to hit on a Trackman or GC Quad around Chicago (preferably North/Northwest)? Just want to get an idea of my numbers.

Golf Galaxy in Vernon Hills has one you can rent

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping G425 Crossover 3, i20 4-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Legends Golf in Downers Grove has CGQuad. I know it's a bit of a drive, but it's relatively cheap ($20-30) for an hour.

Legends Golf in Downers Grove has CGQuad. I know it's a bit of a drive, but it's relatively cheap ($20-30) for an hour.

tmgolf - FWIW, I'm pretty sure all the bays at Legends in DG use GC2, not GC Quad...so no swing/head data.