2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

I think there are all pretty similar. Mt Prospect is good, but they got a lot of rain today (I was there monday and the course was already soaked).

Stonewall may have gotten less rain (it's been around a while, but should have good drainage).

The Preserve should be ok, but salt creek is rising...would be interesting to play it just to see the river at that height

(raised course has done a lot to improve that).

I'm not sure it's good advice, but i'd say all have similar drainage, so may be go by rain totals.

(Not sure if you're looking to play this weekend???)

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

tribune article

Hardest hit by rain in the Chicago area have been suburbs in DuPage and Will counties, according to the weather service. As of before 8 a.m., Burr Ridge had seen 2.81 inches of rain in 24 hours, with 2.79 inches in Darien, and more than 2.5 inches in Naperville and Aurora. Parts of LaGrange Park, Chicago, Oak Park, Joliet and Crete all saw more than 2 inches.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/g00/news/weather/ct-met-weather-flash-flood-warning-20190501-story.html?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL0dHZ2tSOUF3ejA%3d&i10c.dv=4

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Drove by Deerfield GC today, and it's flooded as well.

This site shows that NB chicago river in deerfield had 4 inches in the last 7 days, while the des plaines river near me in gurnee (at Rt 120) has about 3 inches.

Station

Number Station name Date/Time Precipitation in inches

during the previous

1 hour 3 hours 6 hours 12 hours 24 hours 2 days 7 days

Lake County

05527800 DES PLAINES RIVER AT RUSSELL, IL 05/01 19:30 CST 0 0 0 0.01 0.26 0.65 1.77

05528000 DES PLAINES RIVER NEAR GURNEE, IL 05/01 19:30 CST 0 0 0 0 0.54 1.02 2.89

420910087490701 RAIN GAGE AT NB CHICAGO RIVER AT DEERFIELD, IL 05/01 19:15 CST 0 0 0 0 1.16 1.80 4.07

421002087512501 RAIN GAGE AT WF OF NB CHICAGO R AT DEERFIELD, IL 05/01 19:15 CST 0 0 0 0 1.36 2.13 5.18

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/il/nwis/current/?type=precip

TM TP5x

> @geochitown said:

> I think there are all pretty similar. Mt Prospect is good, but they got a lot of rain today (I was there monday and the course was already soaked).

> Stonewall may have gotten less rain (it's been around a while, but should have good drainage).

> The Preserve should be ok, but salt creek is rising...would be interesting to play it just to see the river at that height

> (raised course has done a lot to improve that).

>

> I'm not sure it's good advice, but i'd say all have similar drainage, so may be go by rain totals.

> (Not sure if you're looking to play this weekend???)

>

Sunday Afternoon is the plan. Thanks for the info.

> @SpeedKills7 said:

> I called Blackstone and they were open today. CP only. Said no standing water. Hoping they don’t get hit too hard tomorrow as I’d like to get there Friday.

> Looks like that area didn’t get hit too bad checking the rain reports.

> Anyone know of any other areas that are dryer than others??

One of the best draining courses is The Highlands. Hoping that's still true on Saturday.

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @SpeedKills7 said:

> > I called Blackstone and they were open today. CP only. Said no standing water. Hoping they don’t get hit too hard tomorrow as I’d like to get there Friday.

> > Looks like that area didn’t get hit too bad checking the rain reports.

> > Anyone know of any other areas that are dryer than others??

>

> One of the best draining courses is The Highlands. Hoping that's still true on Saturday.

When I went to the Highlands last year the course was soaked and it hadn't even rained. I brought it up on here and a few people said they just over water it I guess. But I was shocked by how soggy it was.

• Like 1

> @mci711 said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @SpeedKills7 said:

> > > I called Blackstone and they were open today. CP only. Said no standing water. Hoping they don’t get hit too hard tomorrow as I’d like to get there Friday.

> > > Looks like that area didn’t get hit too bad checking the rain reports.

> > > Anyone know of any other areas that are dryer than others??

> >

> > One of the best draining courses is The Highlands. Hoping that's still true on Saturday.

>

> When I went to the Highlands last year the course was soaked and it hadn't even rained. I brought it up on here and a few people said they just over water it I guess. But I was shocked by how soggy it was.

Interesting. A couple of years ago we had a round there and had an overnight deluge We thought about cancelling and went anyway and were surprised at how playable the course was. I would agree though that in the summer, they do like to keep the course very green.

> @mci711 said:

> Do any of these 3 courses stand out for drainage, either good or bad, compared to each other? Mt Prospect, Stonewall Orchard or The Preserve @ Oak Meadows?

Stonewall Probably drains the best, then Mt Prospect, followed by The Preserve. Highlands of Elgin and Shepherd’s drain well too. We’ve had a lot of rain this week, I’m interested to see what this weekend will be like.

'Just talked with Coyote Run. It's walking only today and tomorrow, but they expect carts will be back on the course on Saturday.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @VNutz said:

> > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > Heard the front nine at Oak Brook is under water.

>

> Wouldn't shock me. Creek always floods from the range onward. I haven't gone past but it's very high in other spots so I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'll look this afternoon.

My view from my balcony looks like water on seven bridges is very close to overrunning and flooding a few areas on the course. I have never seen it like this the few years I have lived here.

> @zer0 said:

> Golf league last night at TPC Northbrook was replaced by a swimming competition.

'Just need the right rain gear.

![](https://www.golfpunkhq.com/mediaLibrary/images/english/39302-small.jpg "")

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @mci711 said:

> > @VNutz said:

> > > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > > Heard the front nine at Oak Brook is under water.

> >

> > Wouldn't shock me. Creek always floods from the range onward. I haven't gone past but it's very high in other spots so I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'll look this afternoon.

>

> My view from my balcony looks like water on seven bridges is very close to overrunning and flooding a few areas on the course. I have never seen it like this the few years I have lived here.

I grew up in Lisle. The East Branch of the DuPage River floods all the time. If you want to see it really bad, Google some pics of Four Lakes and Rt. 53/Burlington area from April 2013.

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

TM TP5x

Not to mention libertyville courses

TM TP5x

> @TheBear95 said:

> > @mci711 said:

> > > @VNutz said:

> > > > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > > > Heard the front nine at Oak Brook is under water.

> > >

> > > Wouldn't shock me. Creek always floods from the range onward. I haven't gone past but it's very high in other spots so I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'll look this afternoon.

> >

> > My view from my balcony looks like water on seven bridges is very close to overrunning and flooding a few areas on the course. I have never seen it like this the few years I have lived here.

>

> I grew up in Lisle. The East Branch of the DuPage River floods all the time. If you want to see it really bad, Google some pics of Four Lakes and Rt. 53/Burlington area from April 2013.

Coming across 75th street from Naperhell to 355 the last few mornings makes me thankful for driving the Water Car Panther. BTW, they have some amazing options.

1flmsnq0om3r.png

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @TheBear95 said:

> > > @mci711 said:

> > > > @VNutz said:

> > > > > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > > > > Heard the front nine at Oak Brook is under water.

> > > >

> > > > Wouldn't shock me. Creek always floods from the range onward. I haven't gone past but it's very high in other spots so I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'll look this afternoon.

> > >

> > > My view from my balcony looks like water on seven bridges is very close to overrunning and flooding a few areas on the course. I have never seen it like this the few years I have lived here.

> >

> > I grew up in Lisle. The East Branch of the DuPage River floods all the time. If you want to see it really bad, Google some pics of Four Lakes and Rt. 53/Burlington area from April 2013.

> Coming across 75th street from Naperhell to 355 the last few mornings makes me thankful for driving the Water Car Panther. BTW, they have some amazing options.

>

> 1flmsnq0om3r.png

>

The add-ons look pricey.

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @zer0 said:

> > Golf league last night at TPC Northbrook was replaced by a swimming competition.

>

> Putting strokes replaced by backstrokes?

I drive past number 16 on my way to work and the range - plus part of the east nine on the way home.

to say it's wet is an understatement. we're supposed to play at first light Sunday morning.

Shepherd's is a soggy mess. Forecast is for another water dump next week.

Does FJ make boots ? I am not ruining a pair of shoes....again.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

> @"@_the_crook" said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @zer0 said:

> > > Golf league last night at TPC Northbrook was replaced by a swimming competition.

> >

> > Putting strokes replaced by backstrokes?

> I drive past number 16 on my way to work and the range - plus part of the east nine on the way home.

> to say it's wet is an understatement. we're supposed to play at first light Sunday morning.

> Shepherd's is a soggy mess. Forecast is for another water dump next week.

> Does FJ make boots ? I am not ruining a pair of shoes....again.

>

>

Your lucky day.

og6voz0yqocq.png

OK, so not a Chicago course, but I had the pleasure of playing Mammoth Dunes up at Sand Valley on my way back from NW Wisconsin yesterday. They have a $105 Spring rate until mid-May (take that, Chicago courses!), and worth every dollar. The course serves up waste bunkers for miles, wide hilly fairways, strategically placed pot bunkers, and huge multi-level greens that punish you if you're in the wrong quadrant. The weather was high 40's and overcast, and it felt warmer (I guess something to do with the sand base). Unfortunately, another single and I were held to a 2:20 front nine pace because of a foursome that was playing in the sand quite a bit, but a ranger had them let us through on 9, which allowed us to get around the back in about 1:40.

Maybe it's just because it's fresh in my mind, but Mammoth is the most memorable and fun course I've ever played. I've only played a little less than half as many as Argonne, but this one has taken over the top spot. I wish I could have stayed the whole day to hit Sand Valley for the 50% replay rate, but I can't wait to go back for another crack and also play Sand Valley and the Sandbox. Maybe before the end of May while they still have slightly discounted rates.

e6yfj04jk55j.jpg

8gne0fiqicr1.jpg

l4i8q3dvqxit.jpg

5e2mftjuvrnh.jpg

zcdkls8ayble.jpg

iuczty170syb.jpg

lu2jnfbj9lsy.jpg

> @DeeBee30 said:

> OK, so not a Chicago course, but I had the pleasure of playing Mammoth Dunes up at Sand Valley on my way back from NW Wisconsin yesterday. They have a $105 Spring rate until mid-May (take that, Chicago courses!), and worth every dollar. The course serves up waste bunkers for miles, wide hilly fairways, strategically placed pot bunkers, and huge multi-level greens that punish you if you're in the wrong quadrant. The weather was high 40's and overcast, and it felt warmer (I guess something to do with the sand base). Unfortunately, another single and I were held to a 2:20 front nine pace because of a foursome that was playing in the sand quite a bit, but a ranger had them let us through on 9, which allowed us to get around the back in about 1:40.

>

> Maybe it's just because it's fresh in my mind, but Mammoth is the most memorable and fun course I've ever played. I've only played a little less than half as many as Argonne, but this one has taken over the top spot. I wish I could have stayed the whole day to hit Sand Valley for the 50% replay rate, but I can't wait to go back for another crack and also play Sand Valley and the Sandbox. Maybe before the end of May while they still have slightly discounted rates.

Very jealous. I know golf digest rankings can be picked apart, but I for one am very interested to see where Mammoth Dunes lands in their next public rankings. I'd be shocked if it isn't in the top 15 with the high praise it has received from just about everyone. They have the $105 rate until the 15th or so, then they have another tier, not full price until June. Thought about trying to go up this Saturday but plans fell through.

Thanks for the photo of the Preserve from Wednesday, May 1.

Salt Creek was at 13.0 ft that day (it's the first time it's hit 13.0 ft in the last 3 years, and the 10th time that salt creek has been over 12.0 ft in the last 3 years.

You can see playing surfaces impacted. 9th and 13th fairway for sure.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/dv?cb_00065=on&format=gif_default&site_no=05531175&referred_module=sw&period=1100&begin_date=2019-04-26&end_date=2019-05-02

TM TP5x