Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

[quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1439668909' post='12143572']
[quote name='zer0' timestamp='1439608717' post='12140718']Did not enjoy Wilmette at all today. Every approach shot ran through the green, several drives ran off the fairway into bunkers. Got every bad bounce you could possibly get. Stopped keeping score on the back and started picking up on holes I didn't have a shot at a skin. Finished ahead in skins so at least I didn't lose any money. First time all year I didn't register a score. I'll go back soon to try and get a score, but then I won't be coming back for at least two years till the greens break in.[/quote]

I've played it 10 times this year.
[/quote]
So jealous... Counted my rounds the other day- 11 including two scrambles...

Rough day at George Dunne. Haven't been hititng my hybrids straight for a couple weeks and its starting to show on the scorecard. 9 bad hybrids to open the front, several more on the back. 43-46-89. Floundered my way to a 89 playing the final 4 holes at 7 over with at least 4 of those strokes given away due to mental errors. Course in the usual shape, greens were slow.

F**king water! WTF? F**ken everyweheere! I don't like it. Not one bit! Really? Is that the only way you can defend your course/ My effen GOD! 3 tee shots in the water. 76! Thanx for coming. C U Next Time. Can't feel my legs.

Oi! Lefty. That 3 Floyds Lord Rear Admiral is gooooood. hehe

<rant over>

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1439676570' post='12144172']
[quote name='zer0' timestamp='1439608717' post='12140718']Did not enjoy Wilmette at all today. Every approach shot ran through the green, several drives ran off the fairway into bunkers. Got every bad bounce you could possibly get. Stopped keeping score on the back and started picking up on holes I didn't have a shot at a skin. Finished ahead in skins so at least I didn't lose any money. First time all year I didn't register a score. I'll go back soon to try and get a score, but then I won't be coming back for at least two years till the greens break in.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ouch. I feel for you. I just finished number 62, and I have 3 more tomorrow and Monday.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1439683853' post='12144782']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ouch. I feel for you. I just finished number 62, and I have 3 more tomorrow and Monday.
[/quote]
Oh man- I wish I had half that many rounds!

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1439676570' post='12144172'][quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1439668909' post='12143572']

[/quote]
So jealous... Counted my rounds the other day- 11 including two scrambles...[/quote]

I've posted 43 rounds so far, hopefully I'll get a few more in;)

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1439684252' post='12144822']
[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1439683853' post='12144782']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh man- I wish I had half that many rounds!
[/quote]

It helps to have no, and I mean zero, personal life. Work. Sleep. Golf. Repeat. Hopefully soon I'll eliminate that pesky Work stuff, and then it's golf 5 to six days a week.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

15 rounds for me this year, and that's with 2 freebies this week. I honestly thought it was higher. I'm fine with it, I'd like more, but I'd like more time with my kids too.

No golf for me today, car shopping. :( But I sweat my butt off the few minutes I was outdoors. Fat daddy wouldn't have done too well today.

Can't feel my legs.

3r635w.jpg

Bowes Creek kicked my tail today. It's a course I need to play a couple of times to get comfortable with. Some of the greens looked like the surface of the moon. I still can't figure out how fixing a ball mark properly is an issue. On to Highlands of Elgin tomorrow. Another course I have not played before. I am prepared for another %#^%# kicking. Today was round 20 of the year.

[quote name='Hack1' timestamp='1439689314' post='12145410']
Playing Itasca CC Wednesday, unless it rains.

Anyone played that track and has recent info on course conditions?
[/quote]

Course was in excellent shape tee to green. Probably the best greens I've putted on all year. Smooth and fast.
Have fun.

TRS 3 / Ping Max 10k Ventus Red TR 5s - Ventus + Blue 5s - TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

Played The Ravines at Cog Hill today. It was my first time on any of the courses there. Greens were decent. Very soft and a tad slow. Hit the ball really well, even through the rain we had for a couple holes. A few hiccups (double, a few short missed putts) and 6 birdies later I finished with 69. Solid day on a pretty nice course. I'll have to play Dubs next time out.

I played Stonewall this morning. Last week I shot 83 there. On two par 3's (#5 and #17) I was 9 over, but played the other 16 holes in 2 over (which is off the charts for me). Today I also shot 83. This time it felt a lot higher, two doubles and seven bogies. Last weeks round was well over 5 hrs, today's was 4. Last week the Mosquitos were brutal, today it was really hot. What's amazing is how differently I view the two rounds, last weeks I'm ok with, today's not so much. Funny game.

[quote name='dhartmann34' timestamp='1439696012' post='12146068']
Played The Ravines at Cog Hill today. It was my first time on any of the courses there. Greens were decent. Very soft and a tad slow. Hit the ball really well, even through the rain we had for a couple holes. A few hiccups (double, a few short missed putts) and 6 birdies later I finished with 69. Solid day on a pretty nice course. I'll have to play Dubs next time out.
[/quote]

Solid round. Congrats.

[quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1439586721' post='12138818'][quote name='dhartmann34' timestamp='1439580725' post='12138240']Excited for The Ravines tomorrow :-) Opinions on the course?[/quote]

I played there on Tuesday. It's in fine shape. You have to take advantage of the first 4 holes, it get a little tougher after that. If you haven't played there before, there're two 4th holes. The original is to the right of the 3rd green. The new one is behind the 3rd green. You can choose either, I prefer the original, but they're both good holes. #5 used to be a par 5, now it's a really long uphill dogleg par 4. Don't skip #7, it's a par 3, down the hill from the 6th green. The 8th tee is the one closer to the 6th green. #9 tee is through the trees to the left of the water fountain, #11 is behind #8 green. #10 is a really hard par 4. Have fun.[/quote]
Doubled #10. Didn't realize I could bail out left. Hit the right side and into the crap. Still had a great round.

I played Dubsdread for the first time yesterday morning. We went off at 7:20 and, all said, I was pretty impressed. We played from the whites (approx 6400), based on the course's reputation and Mickelson's comments from a few years back (we're also mid to high handicappers).

Anyway, the course is in great shape and very well manicured (rough, greens, bunkers were all in top shape). Certainly on the level of a private club in terms of course condition. I found the design/layout to be very solid as well. Good mix of holes, solid use of undulation, tough but fair, etc.

The only downsides were the price of admission (a steep $155) and the pace of play. The round took about 4 hours 45 minutes, and we had to wait a bit on some holes. It was high time on Saturday morning though, so we kind of asked for it.

Long story short, Dubs has my endorsement -- just look the other way when they swipe your card in the pro shop. I'm not going to play there weekly, but I'm glad to have played it once (and counting).

Cleveland Classic XL 1W 10.5*
Cleveland Classic XL 3W 15.5*
Cleveland Classic XL 5W 18*
Mizuno JPX-825 4-PW
Cleveland 588 52*/56*/60*
Odyssey Works Tank Versa #7

[quote name='VNutz' timestamp='1439699803' post='12146374']
[/quote]

Solid round. Congrats.
[/quote]

Awesome round no matter where it was at but there goes your handicap!

TRS 3 / Ping Max 10k Ventus Red TR 5s - Ventus + Blue 5s - TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1439778338' post='12151924'][quote name='VNutz' timestamp='1439699803' post='12146374']
[/quote]

Solid round. Congrats.
[/quote]

Awesome round no matter where it was at but there goes your handicap![/quote]
Yeah dropping a 79 for a 69... Oof! Haha. Ain't no sandbagger.... That's for sure!

Kemper Saturday - excellent as always. 77.

Klein Creek Sunday - Overall good - but seemed pretty wet in some spots (Sprinklers on too long??). Greens are showing some wear - but with a little housekeeping you can still get a good rolling putt. 75.

Another note: Kemper from Blues is 140 slope. Klien Creek from back tees is 140.

Kemper is 3 shots harder in my opinion. I hear they are getting a new rating with their changes.

Lake Bluff again yesterday. Course in fine shape as always, greens running fast for a muni, but not as fast as last week during the club championship which was to be expected.

Continued to struggle, spent the entire front nine punching out of and into trees. Bogeyed 10, 11 and 12 to start the back, but then played the next six at 1 under to finish with an 84.

Really confused with my hybrid issues that have popped up in the past couple weeks. Used to be my most reliable clubs, always straight. Now I leaking most of them to the right. I've been closing the face, swinging more from the inside, but still losing some to the right and now occasionally I crack one to the left. Not good when the misses can happen on either side. I'm starting to think that maybe its a shaft issue. My swing speed has fallen recently and I wonder if the stiff shafted hybrids are just too stiff for me to swing properly, causing balls to get left out the right? Gonna go to Golfsmith tonight and get in a bay with 2 of the same hybrids, one stiff and one regular, to see if that theory is correct.

[quote name='EddieMenemsha' timestamp='1439730147' post='12147160']
I played Dubsdread for the first time yesterday morning. We went off at 7:20 and, all said, I was pretty impressed. We played from the whites (approx 6400), based on the course's reputation and Mickelson's comments from a few years back (we're also mid to high handicappers).

Anyway, the course is in great shape and very well manicured (rough, greens, bunkers were all in top shape). Certainly on the level of a private club in terms of course condition. I found the design/layout to be very solid as well. Good mix of holes, solid use of undulation, tough but fair, etc.

The only downsides were the price of admission (a steep $155) and the pace of play. The round took about 4 hours 45 minutes, and we had to wait a bit on some holes. It was high time on Saturday morning though, so we kind of asked for it.

Long story short, Dubs has my endorsement -- just look the other way when they swipe your card in the pro shop. I'm not going to play there weekly, but I'm glad to have played it once (and counting).
[/quote]

I have always loved Dubs, even after the redesign I still think it's solid. If I were to find one complaint maybe that the par 3's are all very similar and the cost is up there now for a course that doesn't host anything...

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

'Just got back from Ohio/Indiana. 8 rounds, and 20 roller coaster rides. If you're looking for a drive-able getaway, it's not a bad trek. The 2 courses in Zanesville, OH are a treat.

[indent=1][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1223116-indianapolis-cincinnati-and-columbus-trip-report/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1223116-indianapolis-cincinnati-and-columbus-trip-report/[/url][/indent]

[quote name='Chicago Lefty' timestamp='1439855665' post='12157638']
Do you have a third choice? Maybe a stick in the eye?

Walked off Springbrook last week after a 3+ hour 9 holes.
[/quote]

s***, that's no good. Well, hopefully Naperbrook isn't as bad since that's where we're playing. One of the guys doesn't want to spend more than $60 for the round and we hvae to do it ina certain geographical area and time frame so options were limited.

Quit my job today so decided to go out and play- horrible idea... went to play Highlands of Elgin. Thought I've played there before, but didn't remember any of the holes or the clubhouse so... Any way, Awesome layout but links style with a heap load of dog leg tee balls off the tee- result was 6 penalties off the tee, 35 putts, couldn't hit a fairway or green to save my life! I shot a whopper of an 84 and met a really nice guy, Tyler, in the process. This guy was the best putter I've ever seen- may have missed one inside ten feet all day.

Maybe I'll go out and play HoE later in the week when my minds not going a million miles an hour!

Hilldale tomorrow- hoping to at least not look like a hack out there tomorrow. Worst round in about 15 years today!