Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

[quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1431704428' post='11564092']
I don't know what they're thinking at The Village Links bar. After yesterday's round, we went inside to have a beer. They had an improvisational jazz band playing so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. Who wants to listen to that? Not me. We left, and it looked like others were punting too.
[/quote]

There were 2 girls that walked out when we walked in that was definitely at the same bar we ended up at. I feel like an old man saying it, but that was too loud, just by the bar. Can't believe what it was like for the people sitting at tables 10 ft away.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Old Course. #500.   ![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/54saiaga0udi4qv/20190424_124620.jpg "")

Been scoring in the low 70s for some time, but I had never broke 70 before. Today was the day that I finally did at Klein Creek. My putter had been hot for some time and it came through for me to get

I played the Preserve at noon on the 4th. The course is in great shape. I played really well on the front, 37. Then lost three balls on the back to shoot 46, ouch. They have to add some water coolers

[quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1431704428' post='11564092']
I don't know what they're thinking at The Village Links bar. After yesterday's round, we went inside to have a beer. They had an improvisational jazz band playing so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. Who wants to listen to that? Not me. We left, and it looked like others were punting too.
[/quote]

It was so loud it caused me to fluff my birdie chip on the 18th. Devastated I was.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

I'm booked for Harborside Port tomorrow morning at 9:10. I received an email from the course a few minutes ago detailing the course conditions. At this point, the carts are allowed off-path, but any rain tonight will likely result in CPO. If that happens, I'll be looking elsewhere.

I really like the fact that Harborside is now sending out condition alerts. I received one earlier this spring indicating a CPO condition, and it gave me time to cancel my tee time, and book elsewhere. I made a beef about this last season, and apparently they listened. 'Very nice. Of course, if they could do something about the bunkers I'd be bowled over.

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1431722764' post='11565746']
Of course, if they could do something about the bunkers I'd be bowled over.
[/quote]

When I played out there this year I asked them about the bunkers. Well, welcome to Chicago politics. They went to the Port Authority with a presentation and plans and they asked them what Union they were going to use for this and what Union workers they were they going to use for that. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Now I am in no way saying I'm anti Union but in this circumstance cmon. After that headache they have shelved the project for awhile. i don't blame them

I played a very wet round on the Port course at Harborside yesterday. The rain hit us on the 3rd hole, and was steady for the next 3 holes. Luckily that was the last of it. The greens were still healing from the spring aeration, but that didn't stop them from charging nearly the peak rate. The course was very wet, and I had to take relief from casual water on a number of holes. However, they didn't institute cart paths only, so it was bearable.

Overall, a rather forgettable round. One highlight was the par on 15 with the pin in the back left. With a green only 17 yards deep at this point, and a decent tail wind, it was vary hard to stick the green. I managed to wind up on the back collar, and nested my putt down to the hole for a tap in par.

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Not looking good for today, ended up cancelling my round at Bridges of Poplar Creek....of course the Golfnow surcharge was not refunded.

Did manage to squeeze in a weekend's worth of golf this weekend though. Played Friday with some buddies at Oak Brook. Never been there and was quite impressed. For a muni it was top notch. Reminded me of the other elite Muni courses in the area, Lake Bluff and Schaumburg. Condition was fantastic, place also has a very nice grass range. Greens had crazy slopes and thankfully they weren't too fast due to the weather, but I imagine if they were fast they would be a nightmare for anyone above the hole. I paid $70 which is too much, but if you can get this place for $50 its a great deal. I had a fantastic round that actually started the night before. Don't laugh, but I had a 20 minute practice session in my head while taking a shower Thursday night. Thought about how my swing was off the week before and what I needed to do the next day to rectify. Got to the course early, had my first session at a grass range all year and went out and posted a 39-43-82. Didn't hit any putts or else I would've broken 80 the way I was striking the ball. Got my driver working again, hit my career best 13/14 fairways. Only one I missed was in the first cut. 8 GIRS, no birdies. Most of all, I did this while my 3 playing partners put up a combined 310 lol. And as usual the round was full of non stop trash talking and mind games. I never play well with these guys so very happy with my focus and score of 82.

Next day I gambled the weather would be good and went out to Schaumburg as a single. Course was in fantastic shape, no more green nightmares like last year. Played as a single and they wedged me between two 3 somes which is odd. Back was sore after playing the day before so moved up to the white tees after struggling with distance the first couple holes. It paid off, driver never got going like the day before and only hit 7/14 fairways and the distance was down about 20 yards from the day before, but the putter showed up in this round. 1 3putt and 7 1putts including a 20 foot birdie and a 30 foot birdie finisher on 18. Ended up 39-41-80 despite hitting the ball worse than the day before. Highlight of the day was a par I got on players #6. Lost the drive to the right, found it near the fence deep in the trees. Punched a 5 iron out to the rough. Then got up and down from 175 yards out with my 5 iron to save par. Birdied the next hole.

Lowlight of the weekend was almost dying at Schaumburg. Was on Players course #2, weather was nice so i said to myself that i should take the windshield down on the golf cart. Forgot to do it and then as I was driving up to the green on #3, noticed people teeing off on #6, guy unleashes a screaming line drive hook, it miraculously follows the cart part perfectly around the bend, tracking my cart like a drone strike, I dove onto the seat just as it smashed into the windshield directly in front of where my head was. Good thing I forgot to put that windshield down. :scare2:

Really happy with how my season has started out. Looking forward to this weekend and my first trip of the year to Green Lake. Gonna try to get in two rounds at Lawsonia.

I got out yesterday for the second time this year. I'm a late bloomer. Played the Boone Creek since I was out that way visiting family.

It went a little better than expected to be honest with you. I took it with a grain of salt though since you can get away with murder off the tee out there.

Looking forward to getting out a little more in the next few weeks.

wb

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

Walked 18 at Winnetka GC today. It's been 5 years since I played here last, and not much has changed. The fairways were shaggy, and bare in a few spots, but still playable. The greens were in good shape, with moderate speeds. I put up my umbrella, and had on my rain gear, which was a 100% guarantee of keeping the rain away. 'Worked like a charm.

I got to play with two older ladies, the one being a newbie. We had a good time, and even though they took 4 to 6 strokes to reach the greens, we managed to finish in 3:50. We never fell behind the threesome in front of us, so that was good. I did mention to the clubhouse staff after the round that I thought the red tees were too long. When Wilmette redid the course last year, they created new tee boxes for the 2 forward sets of tees. At Winnetka, there were holes where the reds were 20 yards in front of the blues. If I'm not mistaken, given that the ladies were driving no more than 175 yards, the tees should be ~4500 yards, not 5570.

It was another unremarkable round. Not having played the course in so many years, I kept hitting decent drives that put me in bad spots. I'll probably play another round here next month, now that they're allowing singles to book online. I swapped out my trusted Vokeys with a new set of Mizuno T5 wedges (52/57/62). I hot some really nice shots, and a few mediocre ones as well. It's going to take a few rounds to dial them in.

I'm planning to head out of town for a mini golf vacation starting Thursday morning. I'm going to check the weather forecasts for the surrounding states, but I'll likely wind up in south central Michigan. I'll probably get in 6 or 7 rounds before heading back late Sunday.

Practiced chipping in the backyard today. Everytime I hole one out I get a beer. When I holed my third one for the day I told my 6 yr old, "Go get me another beer." He asked why. "For every golf ball you get in the bucket, you get an extra drink. If you do it, you can have another juicebox." He picked up a ball and dropped in the bucket. "Go get me a juicebox Dad."

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1431894083' post='11574570']
Walked 18 at Winnetka GC today. It's been 5 years since I played here last, and not much has changed. The fairways were shaggy, and bare in a few spots, but still playable. The greens were in good shape, with moderate speeds. I put up my umbrella, and had on my rain gear, which was a 100% guarantee of keeping the rain away. 'Worked like a charm.

I got to play with two older ladies, the one being a newbie. We had a good time, and even though they took 4 to 6 strokes to reach the greens, we managed to finish in 3:50. We never fell behind the threesome in front of us, so that was good. I did mention to the clubhouse staff after the round that I thought the red tees were too long. When Wilmette redid the course last year, they created new tee boxes for the 2 forward sets of tees. At Winnetka, there were holes where the reds were 20 yards in front of the blues. If I'm not mistaken, given that the ladies were driving no more than 175 yards, the tees should be ~4500 yards, not 5570.

It was another unremarkable round. Not having played the course in so many years, I kept hitting decent drives that put me in bad spots. I'll probably play another round here next month, now that they're allowing singles to book online. I swapped out my trusted Vokeys with a new set of Mizuno T5 wedges (52/57/62). I hot some really nice shots, and a few mediocre ones as well. It's going to take a few rounds to dial them in.

I'm planning to head out of town for a mini golf vacation starting Thursday morning. I'm going to check the weather forecasts for the surrounding states, but I'll likely wind up in south central Michigan. I'll probably get in 6 or 7 rounds before heading back late Sunday.
[/quote]

Ladies tees in general are way too long. My wife hits it 185 yet is stuck playing 5500 which is at least 1000 yards too long. Women should have multiple tee options just like men do.

For your trip I hope you check out Island Hills in Centreville. Would love to hear what you thought of it.

[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1431912062' post='11576008']
zerO, Schaumburg greens are back back??? As in fast?
[/quote]

not overly fast, but it had rained all morning so it wasn't the right day to judge. Looking at their condition I don't see any reason why they won't be as fast as they were a couple years ago and all the years prior to that.

So I listened to the stupid weather forecast and cancelled golf today, but then around 4:00 when the Hawks went down 2-0 I said to the wife, screw this, wanna go play Billy Caldwell? So got to BC 15 minutes later, it was closed for an outing. Guy says we should go play his sister course, Edgebrook. I had no idea this place even existed. 18 holes, par 66, 4500 yards. But, it's the only 18 hole layout that's 15 minutes from my house so I was pretty psyched to "discover" it.

Place was interesting to say the least. Front nine looked like a huge open field all cut to fairway length with huge dead trees all over the place. The tips were just a mat on top of a concrete slab. I was playing the middle tees since they actually had a tee box. And its got footgolf. And frisbee golf. Someone should go out there with some buddies and play the ultimate round of golf, you tee off, then you kick off, then you throw your frisbee. Combined score of all 3 for your score on the hole.

Lots of 280 yard par 4s. Drove through the green on the first hole. Had a couple roll up to the front edge. Some cool goofy par 3s. A 85 yarder straight up a side of a vertical land mass where you had to tee off a matt. Later there was a downhill 165 yarder also off a matt. Lots of kids out there screwing around. Watched a foursome of teenagers spend a solid 5 minutes driving their carts around the same tree. Looked back a few minutes later and they were still on the same hole only now one kid was on foot and the rest of them were chasing him down the fairways in their carts. The place definitely had some charm to it. Perfect place to take the wife and get in a cheap round at a place where she can actually make some a score. Also a good place for that last minute after work 5:30 pm type of round.

Played Broken Arrow on Friday. Had booked the South/East combo. Here's the good, bad and ugly.

The Bad - the range. $6.00 for 14 balls. Couldn't hit off of the "turf" and had to basically hit off a thin piece of Astroturf on asphalt. Got b****** out when I tried to move in front and hit a driver. When I pointed out the young lady at the end doing the same thing, was told "she's a member and we let members do that."

The Good - the course, well, the South...more on that later. Nice design, in very good condition, sand in bunkers, lots of slope on the greens allowing some creative pin positions. A bit of elevation change, some short yet challenging holes, some longer homes...a nice mix. Drinking water was available and on course "facilities" were very clean.

The Ugly - the management/some players. Teed off at Noon and there were only 2 groups on the South at least 3 holes ahead of me. Standing in the second fairway deciding on a club, an errant drive from 5th tee landed literally at my feet. Literally. No fore. 2 of the people in the cart drove up, did not say a single word, hit the shot as I was lining up mine. I figured if he hit a shot that badly, I should let him go and be safe. Caught up to this group on the 7th hole and then the problems really started. They did not offer to let me go through so I figured I'd have the opportunity at the turn.

After the group left the 9th green and went into the clubhouse, I hurried to finish and get in front of them. The starter was sitting there in his cart, reading a book and I asked him what he wanted me to do. He said go now and get in front of them. So I hustled to the 10th tee and saw there was the another 4 some in the fairway. Figured I could get through them and then just sail. The group I skipped then drove up and started to throw a **** fit of massive proportions. One of the guys swore at me for skipping them and I told him the starter told me to do it. He asked what I was going to do and I said play through them, and then the group in front. He said, "I paid to play 18 holes and you're going to ruin my round." I asked would he rather have me sitting behind them waiting on every shot or be ahead he could do this thing. He grabbed his driver, put a peg in the ground and started to tee off.

Conflict was on it's way so I went back to the starter and told him scenario. He said "What do you want me to do?" The thought was 'your ******* job' although I didn't say it. He put me back on the South which is why there aren't any comments on the East.

I've sent a note to the GM so we'll see what (if) response comes forth. Would imagine I'll play there again as it was a fun 9 holes.

[quote name='zer0' timestamp='1431877483' post='11573620']
Did manage to squeeze in a weekend's worth of golf this weekend though. Played Friday with some buddies at Oak Brook. Never been there and was quite impressed. For a muni it was top notch. Reminded me of the other elite Muni courses in the area, Lake Bluff and Schaumburg. Condition was fantastic, place also has a very nice grass range. Greens had crazy slopes and thankfully they weren't too fast due to the weather, but I imagine if they were fast they would be a nightmare for anyone above the hole.[color=#ff0000][b] I paid $70 which is too much[/b][/color], but if you can get this place for $50 its a great deal. I had a fantastic round that actually started the night before. Don't laugh, but I had a 20 minute practice session in my head while taking a shower Thursday night. Thought about how my swing was off the week before and what I needed to do the next day to rectify. Got to the course early, had my first session at a grass range all year and went out and posted a 39-43-82. Didn't hit any putts or else I would've broken 80 the way I was striking the ball. Got my driver working again, hit my career best 13/14 fairways. Only one I missed was in the first cut. 8 GIRS, no birdies. Most of all, I did this while my 3 playing partners put up a combined 310 lol. And as usual the round was full of non stop trash talking and mind games. I never play well with these guys so very happy with my focus and score of 82.
[/quote]

That's the problem with Oak Brook, they over charge, big time. Conditions are great, but 70 is too much for a course where the front 9 is all target golf. I've played there plenty over the years, and it's really hit and miss as to getting discounts. Played there this spring, like a week into being open and they charged 30 something to walk 9 holes, with aerated greens. They really don't discount their rates much for twilight. If you catch the right guy working there and come in later at twilight you can get a deal, but it's never guaranteed.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1431954231' post='11577888']
Played Broken Arrow on Friday. Had booked the South/East combo. Here's the good, bad and ugly.
[/quote]

That's pretty ridiculous. The good thing for you is that the South 9 there is the better of their 9s that I've played. There's nothing wrong with the East, but I wasn't really impressed. The South was a much more fun play, some more risk/reward and elevation as mentioned.

Haven't played in a long time, gotta be close to a month. In that time I've started a new job, moved to Palatine (this past weekend), and last night my seasonal allergies just kicked in. Never fails- middle of May every year. Wow am I hurting. I'm about ready to go nuts though. Want to play some golf and haven't in almost a month! [u]Anyone ever play Palatine Hills?[/u]

Zero,
Thanks for the heads up on Edgebrook! Sounds like a great place to take the wife. I also have some buddies who are avid frisbee golfers yet very casual golfers. Sounds like a great place to bring them! You can keep the footgolf IMO.

DP,
Major bummer about your experience at Broken Arrow. Plain and simple, people just don't respect others anymore and it can be extremely frustrating. I do enjoy the layout at BA and from what I've heard course conditions are generally nice and have been when I've played it. Kudos to your for doing your best not to stir the pot, very difficult to do, but good on you.

[quote name='zer0' timestamp='1431911263' post='11575902']
For your trip I hope you check out Island Hills in Centreville. Would love to hear what you thought of it.
[/quote]

'Looks interesting. I may have to check it out.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1431955492' post='11578024']
Forgot to add, very easy course to walk. Thanks to those who shared that.
[/quote]

It's getting to the point where playing a hole is simply not worth the hassle of confrontation. Too many d-bags out there. I would have skipped to the 11th and played 10 if possible at the end of the round. If not, oh well.

'Never a big fan of Oak Brook. Oh look, another dogleg around a pond. What is that, the 4th one? Lol. Conditioning can get rather spotty in the summer months. They don't allow singles to book online, so they're at the bottom of the list.

Lastly, I believe everyone hates the 9th hole, as the creek's location forces one to lay up, leaving a very long 2nd shot.

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1431960834' post='11578620']
'Never a big fan of Oak Brook. Oh look, another dogleg around a pond. What is that, the 4th one? Lol. Conditioning can get rather spotty in the summer months. They don't allow singles to book online, so they're at the bottom of the list.

Lastly, I believe everyone hates the 9th hole, as the creek's location forces one to lay up, leaving a very long 2nd shot.
[/quote]

That 9th hole really does suck. Can't do much off the tee as it's too long for a solid "risk/reward" scenario. They should try to change it up a bit somehow.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

[quote name='pierso2' timestamp='1431961493' post='11578700']

[/quote]

That 9th hole really does suck. Can't do much off the tee as it's too long for a solid "risk/reward" scenario. They should try to change it up a bit somehow.
[/quote]

Yea I layed up with a 185 yard hybrid shot. everyone else hit driver and went in the creek. Then I hit a 3 hybrid to the front of the green, up and down for par. Easy hole :superman:

[/quote]

That was my high school course so there's still something about it I love. Definitely makes you hone your iron game which can be a nice change of pace.

The 9th back then destroyed me. So many times I tried to clear it, only to land in the creek. But that was back when I was 145 lbs, much easier carry nowadays.

[quote name='zer0' timestamp='1431962395' post='11578834']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea I layed up with a 185 yard hybrid shot. everyone else hit driver and went in the creek. Then I hit a 3 hybrid to the front of the green, up and down for par. Easy hole :superman:
[/quote]

Lol. I parred it when I played it late last year, as my drive rolled across the land bridge, leaving me a mid iron into the green. Otherwise, I've found the creek more times than I care to count.

[quote name='zer0' timestamp='1431962395' post='11578834']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's what bothers me most about that hole! You tee off knowing you are going to max out at 190 maybe and then you're left with a longer shot into the green than what you could hit off the tee. Hitting 5 iron then 3 hybrid or something like that is just goofy. I've played courses with that happening a few times throughout and it was so annoying by the end of the round.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

Palatine Hills - played it couple times and thoroughly enjoyed the rounds. I'm surprised there's not much talk about it. The first time and played it couple years ago, I was playing REALLY well - like damn, couple more holes and I'm going to break par. The 17th is a short par 3 (~150 yards?) with water short/right/long. I'm 2 under and proceed to put the 9i in the drink. I walk away with a double, bogey 18 and shoot 73. Boo...:(.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges.

[quote name='stasek' timestamp='1431963824' post='11579054']
Palatine Hills - played it couple times and thoroughly enjoyed the rounds. I'm surprised there's not much talk about it. The first time and played it couple years ago, I was playing REALLY well - like damn, couple more holes and I'm going to break par. The 17th is a short par 3 (~150 yards?) with water short/right/long. I'm 2 under and proceed to put the 9i in the drink. I walk away with a double, bogey 18 and shoot 73. Boo... :(.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Looked like a nice little forest preserve/ park district complex around the place but I couldn't see much of the course. Hadn't heard much about it either. May go there tonight and test the net on the driving range or possibly sneak out and go walk real quick. Sure is a nice day today!

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1431960562' post='11578590']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1431955492' post='11578024']
Forgot to add, very easy course to walk. Thanks to those who shared that.
[/quote]

It's getting to the point where playing a hole is simply not worth the hassle of confrontation. Too many d-bags out there. I would have skipped to the 11th and played 10 if possible at the end of the round. If not, oh well.
[/quote]

Glad you said that it reminded me that the DB told me I should skip two holes and get in front of the group in front of that foursome. It was the only time when I was a smart arse and said it would 'ruin my round.'