Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

#9 at BR is as pure a test as you're going to find in the Chicago area. I don't hate it. I don't love it. I respect it. You need 3 perfect shots to reach the green, and the 3rd shot is often on a funky lie.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Got a last minute call to play the home of the +/- 400 yard par 4s, aka Midlothian. They opened up about a week ago, so the conditions were about what you'd expect them to be in March. Putting was an adventure, since the aerated greens haven't filled in, yet. Did manage 4 birdies, along with couple stupid doubles and a triple. Can't complain, though... 65 deg in March? Hell yeah!

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

#9 at BR is as pure a test as you're going to find in the Chicago area. I don't hate it. I don't love it. I respect it. You need 3 perfect shots to reach the green, and the 3rd shot is often on a funky lie.

The problem I have with #9 is that perfect shots aren't rewarded.

I guess if you believe that every hole should be birdie-able, then perhaps you are correct. I'm of the opinion that some holes are simply hard, and par is an excellent score. The pros play holes that rarely give up birdies, which doesn't make them bad holes.

I've played the hole multiple times, and had one good shot at birdie, and settled for a tap in par. I executed 3 excellent shots. I guess I would conclude that my approach was not perfect, or it would have been a gimme birdie.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I agree that hole 9 at BR is a fun hole to play. It's not a great golf hole and leaves many things to dislike in terms of what I think a great golf hole should have but I tend to really enjoy the challenge it brings standing on the tee. The thing is with that hole, you have a pretty wide fairway to hit your drive into, even missing the fairway (especially left) you aren't dead. The layup area is rather goofy, but if you elect you can lay it up far enough back to avoid the canyon but if you can get it in the canyon you're left with a pretty level lie to the green. I always try to make note of where the pin is either before I tee off or when I get up to the 7th green/8th tee so I can play that third shot accordingly. Personally I think 12 has more to hate in that standing on the tee you more or less need a perfect tee shot, even a tee shot to the right side of the fairway still requires some carry over trees for the second shot. Big Run has it's holes you can score on, like Argonne said tho, 9 is not going to be one of those holes without 3 perfect shots.

So we have a tee time tomorrow at Cantigny, I'm not totally sure if it's going to happen or not. So far this spring is playing out to be one of those springs where I'm at work every nice day and the other days are just too crappy for golf.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Got our round in at Cantigny, for $55 you really can't beat it. Course was a bit wet but most courses would dream of being in this kind of shape during mid-season, greens were amazing for July let alone end of March. I hit the ball awful, only 4 greens and 4 fairways but this might have been my best short game performance every coming away with 28 putts total.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

To live im looking around Schaumburg, Istasca, Palantine. I'm willing to drive tho 30-40 minutes if it gets me to a better facility

Any one have any membership info for Chicago courses in northwest suburbs? Moving there in a month and looking to get to a good golf membership either a good public course or cheaper private junior membership. Not looking for to big of initiation. Any info is helpful. Thanks!

Which town?

To live im looking around Schaumburg, Istasca, Palantine. I'm willing to drive tho 30-40 minutes if it gets me to a better facility

Any one have any membership info for Chicago courses in northwest suburbs? Moving there in a month and looking to get to a good golf membership either a good public course or cheaper private junior membership. Not looking for to big of initiation. Any info is helpful. Thanks!

Which town?

Welcome! 30-40 minutes at the wrong time, even the right time anymore won't get you too far. Haha GL with the search, good group here, you'll get some good info

Rough day yesterday at GDN. 90min frost delay and the course was soaking and heavy. One long slog. Hard to get any rhythm going when you have to pick your ball up every other shot to find a somewhat dry spot. Bummer.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

I played Wilmette yesterday. The course conditions were better than expected.

One of the guys in the foursome played music through a blue tooth speaker the whole round. I tried to have an open mind, but I found it to be really annoying. It wasn't loud enough to really enjoy, but loud enough to know it was always there. On the second tee, he said to the group, "let me know if it bothers you." To me act of playing music on a golf course with strangers says FU, I'm here to do my own thing, and I don't care what others' think. The insincere asking if it's ok is just that. I don't like being put in the position where I have to confront a stranger about his behavior. On the 6th tee he asked again, when no one responded, he said,"good, I don't care..." The guy was a good player, not a random hack. Are we so over stimulated that we have to be digitally entertained on the golf course? Being outside on a beautiful day, away from work, wife and kids isn't enough?

Rant over:)

I played Wilmette yesterday. The course conditions were better than expected.

One of the guys in the foursome played music through a blue tooth speaker the whole round. I tried to have an open mind, but I found it to be really annoying. It wasn't loud enough to really enjoy, but loud enough to know it was always there. On the second tee, he said to the group, "let me know if it bothers you." To me act of playing music on a golf course with strangers says FU, I'm here to do my own thing, and I don't care what others' think. The insincere asking if it's ok is just that. I don't like being put in the position where I have to confront a stranger about his behavior. On the 6th tee he asked again, when no one responded, he said,"good, I don't care..." The guy was a good player, not a random hack. Are we so over stimulated that we have to be digitally entertained on the golf course? Being outside on a beautiful day, away from work, wife and kids isn't enough?

Rant over:)

If I'm by myself I'll play music but otherwise if anybody is with me I'm will not subject anybody to tunes. For me it's not over stimulation, I'm just don't get much time to rock tunes and I'm a huge music guy so a solo round gives me that chance. I'm still amazed people would do this with strangers.

Btw, not sure how long they will stay at $55 but if you want to play in good conditions I highly recommend Cantigny.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Rough day yesterday at GDN. 90min frost delay and the course was soaking and heavy. One long slog. Hard to get any rhythm going when you have to pick your ball up every other shot to find a somewhat dry spot. Bummer.

So...73?

Through 16 holes yeah.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Hey fellas, long time no speak. Hope everyone is doing well! Been out of the golf loop for a while, tore my labrum in December and have been in PT for the past month trying to avoid surgery. Went to the range over the weekend and it felt a lot better than I expected so I think I'm good to go for golf this summer! I think it helps that I have such a short, compact swing so less movement for my shoulder. On that note I'm gonna try and find a 14 or 16 degree hybrid to replace the driver in my bag. I'm officially done ever hitting a driver again. I just can't do it. 7 spine surgeries have ruined my range of motion and the driver swing is just to big for me.

As for the topic at hand, put me in the love/HATE category for Big Run. I love the bacon egg and cheese sandwich, its the best in the business. Love the elevation changes, also the best around. Hate just about everything else, especially #9. Should be a par 7. Also not having a range is killer for such a tough course. But, its a course that I seem to go back to at least once a year to test myself and because it rates are cheap.

How far back can you take a backswing, zer0? I've shortened up my backswing significantly, but can still poke the driver out there. With the longest shaft in the bag, there's still plenty of clubhead speed even with a short backswing.

Hey everyone!

I haven't posted on here in a while. Partially because of the winter and partially because I'm now engaged and trying to save every penny I can for the wedding and all of that stuff.

I just wanted to put out a heads up that I have a hydraulic shaft extractor and have been doing shaft removals for myself and a few close friends. I figured now that golf season is starting up, I'd let you all know I'm available to do more removals and installs for us golf hos here in Chicago. I used to work at a pretty big golf store in the Chicago area and I have quite a bit of experience in club repair.

If anyone has any club work that needs to be done, shoot me a message and I'd be happy to work something out with a date and time.

Please!!! Give me work to do so I can get out of the craziness of all the planning!

Hit 'em straight!

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

Hey everyone!

I haven't posted on here in a while. Partially because of the winter and partially because I'm now engaged and trying to save every penny I can for the wedding and all of that stuff.

I just wanted to put out a heads up that I have a hydraulic shaft extractor and have been doing shaft removals for myself and a few close friends. I figured now that golf season is starting up, I'd let you all know I'm available to do more removals and installs for us golf hos here in Chicago. I used to work at a pretty big golf store in the Chicago area and I have quite a bit of experience in club repair.

If anyone has any club work that needs to be done, shoot me a message and I'd be happy to work something out with a date and time.

Please!!! Give me work to do so I can get out of the craziness of all the planning!

Hit 'em straight!

I'll vouch for Pierso...he's always taken great care of me!

Hey everyone!

Hit 'em straight!

I'll vouch for Pierso...he's always taken great care of me!

I appreciate it! I always aim to please! Gotta get some more funds rolling in for the big wedding day and moving in date. Funny how when you combine incomes, instead of having more money, you're broker than broke!

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

Ended up at Glendale Lakes. Not a bad little course, and the price was right ($.75/hole, $13.49 hot deal, fee included).Had some decent shots, not a great round overall. I can't expect much though, as it is only the 4th time out, and I don't really practice.

I liked the course, and it is in pretty good shape. Greens ran pretty quick, and smooth. Front nine seems a lot more about target golf, as there are several holes where you can't/won't take driver if you are anything from a medium to big hitter. I will likely go back, especially if they have hot deals a lot (didn't even look at the regular rates).

And if I counted right, this round today gave me 33 courses I have played at in the area (including as far west as Rockford, think I hit 4 out there with a friend from work).

Are you trying to play as many public courses in the area as you can? There are over 150 courses, so you have quite a journey ahead. Good luck!