Coolest Famous Person You Have Played With

SeanPMcD

[quote name='JWells' timestamp='1431109539' post='11524315']
This is a cool thread to read because this must be how people feel when they get to play with me.
[/quote]

Christina Hendricks maybe... You not so much ;)

Ping S59 irons 5-PW
Ping bronze J-Blade putter
Titleist 910D2 driver,
TM Jetspeed 3W & 5W
Ping Rapture 21* Hybrid
Ping Eye 2+ SW, Hogan Special PW

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a trip to Myrtle Beach a few years ago, one of the guys in group stayed out a bit too late "helping put young ladies through college" and missed tee time at Caledonia. The starter asked if the remaining three in my group minded a single joining, after convincing the others, I told starter would be fine and we were joined by Darius Rucker. After a great round, Darius invited us to his performance at House of Blues, very down to earth, humble guy who loves music and golf.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Used to play a lot with Joe Namath when I lived in Jupiter, Fl. Great guy. I'd leave my job and hit the range til dark and we'd play a quick 9 at night with a sixer of Rolling Rock. He left a message on my answering machine once because he needed a 4th on a Wednesday morning. I called him back and said,"I work." He laughed and replied,"Oh, I thought you just played golf."

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

I must have played with a few famous people cause I remember a
few laughing cause I didn't know who they were. Still don't know.
Who can keep up with that s***? There's too many famous people.
I can't be expected to know who they all are.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I played a few rounds with Pure745 does that count? Actually played with TW while he was still a skinny nerd at Stanford and Anna Nordqvist before she won her first major details of both posted on here already dont feel like typing out both stories again. Also got randomly paired with a middle reliever for the Oakland A's during spring training once

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Maury Wills. Morgan Freeman. Both were on basic public links. Maury Wills was my dad's favorite player. This was maybe 5 years ago. Dad's was already deceased when I played with Wills. I didn't acknowledge I knew who he was (starter told me he just wants to be one of the guys) while we played but I spent the whole round remembering Dad so when we finished I told him this. Nice moment. Very nice. Wish I could have called Dad and told him.

Morgan Freeman injured his left arm in a car wreck. He was playing with his son one handed. Maybe the single-most gracious guy I ever met. Something about him struck me as radiant, a deep kind of whatever it is that makes a person compelling.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I was grouped with former NFL'er Hugh Douglas during a golf scramble during the summer of my freshman year of college in 2000. Another former NFL'er, Jeff Graham, was from the area (Dayton, OH) and he had this big fundraising tourney at Beavercreek Golf Club. The entire group had an awesome time although we didn't win sh!t.

A few years ago, I ran into former 80's NFL'er Dwight Hicks at my home course here in Pasadena. It was a weekday twilight round which I thought was neat because he was walking solo. He was heading to NYC the next day for theatre-related business. Another really laidback personality.

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

Stephen Stills(multiple times)......

Have a great weekend Gals & Gents :)

All the Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Me and a buddy got joined up with Otis Wilson ('85 bears) about seven or so years after he retired. He's an avid golfer, albeit not a very good one. Had nothing but Wilson equipment. Nice guy, looked as if he could have put the pads on at any time and play he was in such good shape.

Played a few rounds with Robin Burke back in the mid nineties. She's married to Jackie Burke Jr, about thirty odd years younger, was pretty active on the amateur circuit for awhile. She played the men's tees which was pretty impressive as she is about 5'3" 115lbs. Interesting thing to me was that Jackie Burke had her using a calamity Jane putter for awhile apparently- man, she could roll it. Very nice woman as well..

My son and I played with Nazr Mohammed once. He played bball at UK and has been in the NBA for quite awhile now. I'm a big UK fan so it was thrilling for me. It was strange watching a guy 7 feet tall play golf. He had 4 cell phones with him, all for different people he said.

Tyrone willingham... Then head Washington football coach... He was a single and caught our threescore on 3rd hole.. We asked him to join..

We didn't recognize him at the time, not till I saw him on news thst night on sports section of news..

Funny thing, he introduced himself as Frank, amd said he was a pastor

Tyrone willingham... Then head Washington football coach... He was a single and caught our threescore on 3rd hole.. We asked him to join..

We didn't recognize him at the time, not till I saw him on news thst night on sports section of news..

Funny thing, he introduced himself as Frank, amd said he was a pastor

Just to update everyone. So I didn't actually play with Sandra Gal, cue the sad music, but I warmed up next to her and Suzann Pettersen which was cool and met Sandra.

All I could think was don't shank it, don't shank it.

Sandra was super nice (and very tall). I'm about 6 ft.

Got paired with Danielle Kang also pictured here. Really cool girl and a blast to play with. If you don't know her, Google her name and you'll see she was the player last year that won a car two weeks in a row by making a hole in one and took a picture standing on top of it. She told us that story and all I can say is wow.

All in all had a good time. Our team shot 55 in the scramble. Lee Janzen's group won and shot 50.

@SeanPMcD

NICE!!!! That had to be some scramble to host a field with that level of talent...

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

i played in group of 8 with manny pacquiao about 2 years ago in one of the best private clubs around here...

we had to split into 2 foursomes and i played in the one ahead of him but we were together on the practice range before the round and he was quite funny and making fun of himself when his first few shots were not very good although he did hit them much better on the course..

he was also dressed head to foot with Nike's including his golf set...

i was also beside arnold palmer on the practice range when he played in the pro-am of the Johnny Walker Golf Classic held here in 1995 and our pro-am pros were colin montgomerie and bernard gallagher..

i remember colin montgomerie and darren clarke weighing themselves on the hole-in-one hole which was giving away your weight in JWB for an ace and IIRC both of them weighed in at 115 bottles each...i weighed in at 90 bottles!!

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

Played with Kevin Kisner two years ago when he was still grinding for his Tour card on the Web.com. Very cool Georgia guy, real laid back and man he pounds it for being a small guy. Definitely pulling for him hard this year, his game seems to be sharp and he is making putts

Also am friends with JR Smith the nba player. Good dude and is awesome, actually a pretty solid player. We've played quite a few rounds together and he got me once with 75 at Caledonia in Myrtle beach.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

[quote name='UofU02' timestamp='1431219751' post='11529738']
Sean, are you wearing pleated pants?! Come on man,lol.

Seriously though, that sounds like a great day at the course with some great players.
[/quote]
I'm not wearing pleated pants. I'm wearing pleated shorts and they were $15 a pair at PGA SS. Don't call the fashion police.

Played with a couple top PGA Tour guys, but for non-pros I played 9 holes with Alice Cooper. Very laid back and friendly and completely opposite of his on stage persona. But very serious about his golf.

Also played 108 holes in one day in a charity event teamed with Joe Regalbuto (from Murphy Brown) and Peter Bonerz (played Jerry the dentist on the original Bob Newhart Show). Both were very funny and a blast.

And OJ Simpson was in a group right in front of me once at Woodley in LA, about a month after his trial ended. Wasn't sure whether to be fascinated, revolted, or just fire drivers at his head throughout the round.

[quote name='Clambake' timestamp='1431232464' post='11530748']
Played with a couple top PGA Tour guys, but for non-pros I played 9 holes with Alice Cooper. Very laid back and friendly and completely opposite of his on stage persona. But very serious about his golf.

Also played 108 holes in one day in a charity event teamed with Joe Regalbuto (from Murphy Brown) and Peter Bonerz (played Jerry the dentist on the original Bob Newhart Show). Both were very funny and a blast.

[b]And OJ Simpson was in a group right in front of me once at Woodley in LA, about a month after his trial ended. Wasn't sure whether to be fascinated, revolted, or just fire drivers at his head throughout the round. [/b]
[/quote]

Should have asked OJ how he was doing trying to find his ex wife's killer and if he was getting any hot leads on the golf course ☺

[quote name='widow&#045;maker' timestamp='1431144563' post='11527099']
Gordie Howe. And... that dude could smoke the golf ball. I worked for George Bayer for a year at Detroit Golf Club, and Gordie was about as long off the tee as George.... well, close anyway. I played with Dave DeBusschere too. He was a pretty good stick. Fun guy to play with. Had some crazy friends.
[/quote]WOW, that's movin the ball out there. Haha.

Big George was THE Man before Any that followed

Very Well Played :)

Have a great week WM!!

Golfingly Yours,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='SeanPMcD' timestamp='1431227381' post='11530462']
[quote name='UofU02' timestamp='1431219751' post='11529738']
Sean, are you wearing pleated pants?! Come on man,lol.

Seriously though, that sounds like a great day at the course with some great players.
[/quote]
I'm not wearing pleated pants. I'm wearing pleated shorts and they were $15 a pair at PGA SS. Don't call the fashion police.
[/quote]Wait a sec.....

I wore pleated RL slacks in '12, thought that they looked great and no one said a word about em, haha

Were they just bein kind(Thanks for bein kind Madison, lol :) )

Oh well.....

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard

My company sponsors an LPGA every year and I get a 4-some in the Pro-Am so I've gotten to play with a number of top players over the years. The person you all here would probably find most interesting would be Kelly Villarreal from Big Break Atlantis.

10651958-large.jpg

That was an entertaining round of golf for sure. For me though the coolest round was playing another event with former NHL star Brian Propp who turned out to be a great player and a really good guy to spend the day with. Turned out we had similar interests in hunting and fishing. Fun day for sure.