Coolest Famous Person You Have Played With

SeanPMcD

Funnest round I've ever had in a "celeb" event was with Mark Parrish (NHL player).

We had an absolute BLAST! with him

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played with Fred about a dozen times when he was in Santa Barbara. He's a lot of fun. Played Valley Club of Montecito with Fred and John and Steve Pate. That was a great day.

When I was teaching, taught Jimmy Connors, also in SB. He's the poster boy for competitive athlete. A good guy too.

Didn't play with them but was paid to go around with them and show a thing or two to Drew Barrymore and Tom Green when they were still married. Drew asked Tom if he wanted her to get him some balls. He answered "I just had one removed, yeah I need more." This was shortly after testicular cancer. lol they had a lot of fun and were sweet to each other and mostly ignored me. Which was perfect.

One of the best times for me on a golf course was a celebrity pro-am paired with Junior Seau. He was just coming off shoulder surgery but had committed to play so he showed up. While he didn't contribute much to the golf game he sure kept the rest of us in stitches. What a hilarious guy who just wanted to have a good time on the course, which he did. Made sure the rest of us had fun, too.

Only time he got serious was when my boss asked him about Ryan Leaf, whom the Chargers had drafted earlier that year. Junior didn't have much good to say about Mr. Leaf but apparently was justified in his opinion. What I remember most about Junior was his easy, sincere laughter.

I've played countless rounds over the years with The Dark One, whom some of you will remember from this forum, does that count?

I've hit balls next to Dustin Johnson and Tommy Gainey, but I don't think I've ever actually played a round with anyone terribly famous.

D - Ping G430 LST 9-degree, Kai'li 60S
3W - Ping G400 Stretch 13-degree, Alta 65S

5W - Ping G425 17.5-degree, Alta 65S
Hy - Ping G400 22-degree, Alta 70S
5-U - Ping i230, Aerotech Steelfiber i95
54- Ping Glide Pro Forged
59- Ping Glide Pro Forged Eye toe
P - Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5

Myself said the narcissist ....

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

[quote name='scottc25' timestamp='1445463551' post='12488980']
Was on a flight with Fuzzy Zoeller a decade back ot so, does that count? It should come as a shock to nobody that he was playing flight attendant and serving drinks to the rest of the plane.
[/quote]

Reminds me, I upgraded to First Class one time on a flight, and got seated next to John Cena. This was like 2008, I didn't know who he was until some kid came up and asked for his autograph. Nice guy.

D - Ping G430 LST 9-degree, Kai'li 60S
3W - Ping G400 Stretch 13-degree, Alta 65S

5W - Ping G425 17.5-degree, Alta 65S
Hy - Ping G400 22-degree, Alta 70S
5-U - Ping i230, Aerotech Steelfiber i95
54- Ping Glide Pro Forged
59- Ping Glide Pro Forged Eye toe
P - Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5

[quote name='Bensdad' timestamp='1445436262' post='12486958']
One of the best times for me on a golf course was a celebrity pro-am paired with Junior Seau. He was just coming off shoulder surgery but had committed to play so he showed up. While he didn't contribute much to the golf game he sure kept the rest of us in stitches. What a hilarious guy who just wanted to have a good time on the course, which he did. Made sure the rest of us had fun, too.

Only time he got serious was when my boss asked him about Ryan Leaf, whom the Chargers had drafted earlier that year. Junior didn't have much good to say about Mr. Leaf but apparently was justified in his opinion. What I remember most about Junior was his easy, sincere laughter.
[/quote]

I'm jealous. Would have loved to have played golf with him. Heard he was a great guy around the golf course. Yeah, Leaf was famous for that locker room spat he had with a reporter, and Junior came over to hold him back. Probably happened more often than not.

Being in the military and having a half way golf skill, I have been selected to play at a few Pro Ams, so here it goes:

Sony Open in Hawaii:
Jonas Blixt
Ryo Ichikawa
Mark Wilson

Lotte Championship:
Kim Kaufman
Maude Aimee LeBlanc

Champions Tour:
Tom Lehman

Alll great experiences, only Mark Wilson and Jonas Blixt was representing the Army, the others were on practice rounds before the tournaments, yes I have been blessed, and this game has given me so much that I can never repay...cheers!!

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Played a random round as a single near my home (at the time) at Evergreen Golf Course in Vancouver, WA about 10 years ago. Got paired up with another single and a twosome. One of the guys in the twosome looked 'familiar', but I couldn't put my finger on it. After talking with him back and forth and getting his first name, realized it was the ex-Seahawk running back, Curt Warner. He owned a car dealership in Vancouver for a number of years. Really nice guy, fun round. Never let on I knew, just played a normal round with various topics and chit-chat. He had a decent swing, obviously an athletic guy.

Very cool thread. Loved reading all the people.

I've play with Larry Fitzgerald multiple times... though he was either a few holes behind or ahead. For some reason I always see him at Camelback (for the AZ people reading).. been at least 10 times. I now give him the nod and say hi. He doesnt remember me.

Had to laugh at a couple of the posts. Just to poke fun - a lot of these people are not famous. Rich? Athlete? Yup, yup. Famous? Not really.

Again, just poking fun.

[quote name='StezzGolfer' timestamp='1445543847' post='12493140']

I've play with Larry Fitzgerald multiple times... though he was either a few holes behind or ahead. For some reason I always see him at Camelback (for the AZ people reading).. been at least 10 times. I now give him the nod and say hi. He doesnt remember me.

Had to laugh at a couple of the posts. Just to poke fun - a lot of these people are not famous. Rich? Athlete? Yup, yup. Famous? Not really.

Again, just poking fun.
[/quote]I'm not sure what you think makes someone famous, but here's the dictionary description:

famous |ˈfāməs|
adjective
known about by many people : the country is famous for its natural beauty | a famous star.

I played with Jesse "The Body" Ventura in the warly 90's when he was Mayor of Brooklyn Park, MN. They just paired him up with us one afternoon. We played as a threesome. I am 5'11 and 185 lbs and he would just say..."Nice shot little man." It didn't seem derogatory, it felt more like an endearing comment. He was actually very fun to play with and we had a drink with him after the round.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey

[quote name='golferdrmjr' timestamp='1445545952' post='12493282']

Again, just poking fun.
[/quote]I'm not sure what you think makes someone famous, but here's the dictionary description:

famous |ˈfāməs|
adjective
known about by many people : the country is famous for its natural beauty | a famous star.
[/quote]

Then that would make me famous. Add that to the list of famous people i've played with.

Also, you must have missed the two times i stated my post was to be taken in jest. Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit.

[quote name='StezzGolfer' timestamp='1445548429' post='12493450']

Again, just poking fun.

famous |ˈfāməs|
adjective
[/quote]

Then that would make me famous. Add that to the list of famous people i've played with.

Also, you must have missed the two times i stated my post was to be taken in jest. Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit.
[/quote]I'm sorry, but I can read just fine. I don't see how your lack of knowing what famous means has any thing to do with it. I, and most of the people on this forum, have heard of the vast majority of the people that have been listed so far. That's what has been defined as making them "famous". Millions of people know who they are by name or picture. That being said, I doubt that is the case for you. So that would hardly make you famous. There's also no way that's "really" funny, jest or no.

[quote name='golferdrmjr' timestamp='1445550361' post='12493602']

Again, just poking fun.

famous |ˈfāməs|
adjective
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm sorry, but I can read just fine. I don't see how your lack of knowing what famous means has any thing to do with it. I, and most of the people on this forum, have heard of the vast majority of the people that have been listed so far. That's what has been defined as making them "famous". Millions of people know who they are by name or picture. That being said, I doubt that is the case for you. So that would hardly make you famous. There's also no way that's "really" funny, jest or no.
[/quote]

I see you can read just fine. It was the comprehension part in question.

But i am just messing around anyway. No need to get so worked up. Have a bad day? Go take it out on your dog or something. As i said, i was joking. No need to try to correct me.

[quote name='StezzGolfer' timestamp='1445551799' post='12493702']
[quote name='golferdrmjr' timestamp='1445550361' post='12493602']

Again, just poking fun.

famous |ˈfāməs|
adjective
[/quote]

[/quote]

I see you can read just fine. It was the comprehension part in question.

But i am just messing around anyway. No need to get so worked up. Have a bad day? Go take it out on your dog or something. As i said, i was joking. No need to try to correct me.
[/quote]Not worked up at all and having a great day. So I'll take the high road and bow out of this after your poor joke about taking it out on a poor defenseless dog. Have a great day! :-)

Ok, I have played with the very "Instruction and Academy Forum" famous Mike Malaska, got paired up with him for men's night at Las Sendas in Mesa, great guy and awesome teacher, I've been at a few group lessons he has done, he really gets his ideas across in a simple way.

Also played with Dufner's caddy (famous is a stretch with that one) Kevin Baile, this was actually in a competitive tournament.

Also played with David Pelletier, this is the guy who was a pairs figure skater that almost got screwed out of the gold medal at the 2002 Olympics, you would never guess he is a figure skater, very much a guys guy.

I've also played with numerous "journeyman" type NHL players in local charity golf tournaments, probably too many to list and the American guys wouldn't recognize them anyway.

I've also played in the group behind Alice Cooper at Las Sendas in Mesa, he plays there fairly regularly, he is a great player, really surprised me.

Driver - Titleist TSR3
Hybrid - Ping G430  
Irons - Titleist T 150 - MMT 125
Wedges - SM9 50,54,60
Putter - Scotty NP2

[quote name='golfgirlrobin' timestamp='1433886034' post='11721264']
I had only been playing for about six months when I was supposed to play one afternoon with a guy friend. He couldn't get out of work at the last minute so I was going out as a single when an older guy asked if he could join me; told me his name was Ken. Very nice guy, very quiet, really good player who kept pulling cans of Budweiser out of his bag. Drank at least a six pack but it never seemed to affect him.

A couple of weeks later I walk into the living room where my husband is watching golf on CBS, and there was Ken sitting next to Jim Nance. Turns out I had played with Ken Venturi and had no idea who he was.
[/quote]

Wow, very cool story.

Driver: Wishon 919thi 11* w/AXE 6 stiff
FW: Wishon 949mc 16.5* w/AXE FW Stiff
3-4 Hybrids: Wishon 775hs w/ S2S White Stiff
Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/Nippon Modus 105 S
Putter: Ping Ketsch Heavy 34" 2 degrees flat
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0

My dad has a connection to Pebble and for his 50th Birthday he brought me and his buddies up to play. (I did not play golf at the time, but I was a hell of a ball cleaner) On 14 (the par 5 for those who are not familiar, my dad went for the green in two. Thinking he would never make it there, he hit what he calls the "shot of his life", an albatross! After my dad pulls his ball, we take the obligatory pictures and the other guys finish out, we head to the 15th tee where we see none other than Clint Eastwood. He shakes my dad's hand (who is a HUGE Clint Eastwood Fan) and says "I've played and seen a lot of golf out here and that ranks among the best shots these old eyes have ever seen". He proceeded to invite us to play the final three holes and come to dinner at his house. A memory I will never forget!

[quote name='krohrmann' timestamp='1445571782' post='12495212']
My dad has a connection to Pebble and for his 50th Birthday he brought me and his buddies up to play. (I did not play golf at the time, but I was a hell of a ball cleaner) On 14 (the par 5 for those who are not familiar, my dad went for the green in two. Thinking he would never make it there, he hit what he calls the "shot of his life", an albatross! After my dad pulls his ball, we take the obligatory pictures and the other guys finish out, we head to the 15th tee where we see none other than Clint Eastwood. He shakes my dad's hand (who is a HUGE Clint Eastwood Fan) and says "I've played and seen a lot of golf out here and that ranks among the best shots these old eyes have ever seen". He proceeded to invite us to play the final three holes and come to dinner at his house. A memory I will never forget!
[/quote]
Now THAT is a cool story!