With The 716MB Showing Up, Are We Getting An Earlier Release?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope not, I set my watch to Titleist's leak/release schedule, as GolfWRX members told me to do.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='winfield' timestamp='1431987007' post='11581482']
[quote name='easylittle5wood' timestamp='1431983344' post='11581146']
Like to see some AP1 Forged irons, atleast through their new MOTO program.
[/quote]

MOTO program?
[/quote]Made Only To Order

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

According to Jonathon Wall, the PGA TOUR equipment reporter, Titleist's TOUR seeding program is going to be much more varied this year. My guess is not only are consistent release dates important, but certain gaps between important tournaments and certain venues offering better testing opportunities also affect when Titleist starts testing protos. He didn't sound too confident that it would translate to more rapid releases towards the public though.

Also can we PLEASE cut down on creating a new "what are you wanting from XXXX company" or "when will XXXX company release XXXX product" thread every single week? This thread is relevant right now until everyone starts talking about forged AP1 irons or other dead horses that have been thoroughly beaten.

[quote name='MichaelRoth' timestamp='1431996585' post='11582412']
According to Jonathon Wall, the PGA TOUR equipment reporter, Titleist's TOUR seeding program is going to be much more varied this year. My guess is not only are consistent release dates important, but certain gaps between important tournaments and certain venues offering better testing opportunities also affect when Titleist starts testing protos. He didn't sound too confident that it would translate to more rapid releases towards the public though.

Also can we PLEASE cut down on creating a new "what are you wanting from XXXX company" or "when will XXXX company release XXXX product" thread every single week? This thread is relevant right now until everyone starts talking about forged AP1 irons or other dead horses that have been thoroughly beaten.
[/quote]

Appreciate your post but half the comments and threads on this site are people who are inquiring about new equipment. Also, if is wasn't for the constant posting of new threads like these alot of people wouldn't get an idea of when or if something is coming out. People can thank the good posters of wrx for getting nike to release the 006 and hopefully future equipment.

Highly, Highly doubt that SM6's are coming out in just 2 months considering SM5's are only 14 months young, putting their lifetime at 16 months when Titleist faithfully releases clubs at earliest every 24 months. My guess is March '16. But seriously, can we please bring back the Oil Can finish? I want rusty wedges please!!!! Did anybody even get that weird Nickel finish anyway??

I also doubt an early release of the 716's. All we are seeing are 2 sets of the MB's, not a full fledged release on tour a month and a half earlier than normal. Until all the irons are released early I wouldn't expect anything different than a november release. Honestly can't wait though, as I'm interested in the AP2's and I want to see if they have innovated the CB line into something different. Fingers crossed!

[center][color=#000000][b]Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* GD ADIZ 6X[/b]
[b]Titleist TS3 15* GD ADDI 7X[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Titleist U500 3 Tensei White 100 TX
Titleist U500 4 AMT White X100[/b]
[b]Titleist 620 MB 5-Pw DG AMT White X100 [/b]
[b]Titleist SM7 Raw 50.08F, 56.10S, 60.08M DG AMT White S300[/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]Scotty Cameron HHH Timeless[/color]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1129237-luke7s-first-witb-titleist-and-pic-heavy-1-31-15/"][color=#000000]WITB Link[/color][/url][/b][/center]

[quote name='duck hook' timestamp='1432001370' post='11583120']
No way sm6's come out in July of this year, too many sm5's still on retailers shelfs, Titleist doesn't operate that way
[/quote]Yea I agree seems very un titleist like, there current cycle sets up well for shops in that you know exactly what you have to order for the year.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

There was a SM6 pic on here the other day and I saved it, but I guess it was deleted. Email me calebstodden at yahoo if you didn't get a chance to see it

9.0* Callaway Epic Flash w/ HZRDS Yellow
16.5* Callaway Rogue FW w/ Rogue Silver 70
21* Callaway Big Bertha Hyb
4-PW Callaway Apex 19 Irons w/ TT Elevate Tour
52* Callaway MD4 S Grind
56* Callaway MD4 S Grind
60* Callaway PM Grind
Odyssey OWorks Black 7S

Z Cord grips

[quote name='Luke7' timestamp='1432006332' post='11583760']
Highly, Highly doubt that SM6's are coming out in just 2 months considering SM5's are only 14 months young, putting their lifetime at 16 months when Titleist faithfully releases clubs at earliest every 24 months. My guess is March '16. But seriously, can we please bring back the Oil Can finish? I want rusty wedges please!!!! Did anybody even get that weird Nickel finish anyway??

I also doubt an early release of the 716's. All we are seeing are 2 sets of the MB's, not a full fledged release on tour a month and a half earlier than normal. Until all the irons are released early I wouldn't expect anything different than a november release. Honestly can't wait though, as I'm interested in the AP2's and I want to see if they have innovated the CB line into something different. Fingers crossed!
[/quote]

Im with you, I can't wait to see if they made any changes to the CB line

[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1432748519' post='11636628']
My guess is that the CBs will only have minor adjustments after seeing the MBs. Or, could we see the CB dropped for the MB-T?
[/quote]

I think it's highly unlikely that the MB-T will replace the CB. It is my belief that the MB-T will remain as a Japan only offering. However, you are probably correct that the CB will only see minor changes.

I sure hope they release the new wedges early. Id be pumped

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='Quickfire14' timestamp='1432755167' post='11637510'][quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1432748519' post='11636628']
My guess is that the CBs will only have minor adjustments after seeing the MBs. Or, could we see the CB dropped for the MB-T?
[/quote]

I think it's highly unlikely that the MB-T will replace the CB. It is my belief that the MB-T will remain as a Japan only offering. However, you are probably correct that the CB will only see minor changes.[/quote]

I'm under the impression that they are coming here. I thought I saw a pic that wasn't two-toned like the Japanese release. I could be wrong though. I'm an AP2 guy and am actually hoping that there is minimal changes made!

[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1432767116' post='11638884'][quote name='Quickfire14' timestamp='1432755167' post='11637510'][quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1432748519' post='11636628']
[/quote]

I think it's highly unlikely that the MB-T will replace the CB. It is my belief that the MB-T will remain as a Japan only offering. However, you are probably correct that the CB will only see minor changes.[/quote]

I'm under the impression that they are coming here. I thought I saw a pic that wasn't two-toned like the Japanese release. I could be wrong though. I'm an AP2 guy and am actually hoping that there is minimal changes made![/quote]

I would bet on them being released. There was a break during the Masters with Kostis doing a quick tip and he had a full set of MB-T in his bag.

2017 M1 460 9.5 - Diamana BF 60X2017
M2 Tour 15 - Diamana CK Blue 70X
TM P790 UDI #2
TM P760 - #4-9 DG TI S400
Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.10V, 58.11K DG TI S4100
TM Spider Putter

[quote name='MichaelRoth' timestamp='1431996585' post='11582412']

[/quote]

Quiet down rookie!

[quote name='PThomas' timestamp='1432783390' post='11640760']
[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1432767116' post='11638884'][quote name='Quickfire14' timestamp='1432755167' post='11637510'][quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1432748519' post='11636628']
[/quote]

I'm under the impression that they are coming here. I thought I saw a pic that wasn't two-toned like the Japanese release. I could be wrong though. I'm an AP2 guy and am actually hoping that there is minimal changes made![/quote]

I would bet on them being released. There was a break during the Masters with Kostis doing a quick tip and he had a full set of MB-T in his bag.
[/quote]

Love to see some sort of image to back that one up. That would be pretty absurd for Kostis to have a a full bag of clubs that haven't even been seeded on tour yet. If he does have a set it would probably be the japanese model.

I'm with you, I want the MB-T to be released in the US but that just doesn't sound right.