2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY: Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood Testing. 7 Members wanted!

[list]
[*]Currently in the bag are:
[/list]
Driver: Cobra Bio Cell+ w/ ADDI 6s
3 Wood: TM Aeroburner w/stock stiff shaft
Hybrids: Callaway XR hybrids
Irons: Callaway XR Pro w/KBS Tour V 110g shafts
Wedges: Vokey Hand Ground Wedges
Putter: Scotty Cameron 009[list]
[*]Current Handicap is 9
[*]Driver Swingspeed is roughly 105-108
[*]Right Handed
[*]I have tested for GWRX (most recently the Callaway XR Pro Irons)
[*]As always, I am MORE than happy to fully participate in the thread, share pictures, answer questions, and provide follow up throughout in regards to my review and use of the Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5.
[*]I would be a great candidate for this as I am constantly in search for a 3 wood that I can hit both off the tee and the deck. Many times when my driver is erratic (more often than not) I would like to know that I have a 3 wood in the bag that I can put into play and not be dinged too much in terms of distance lost. I also have at least one hole a round that I would like to have the ability to reach in two, but just do not have the distance (or confidence) to go after it off the deck with my 3 wood and instead must rely on my hybrid, which just does not have the distance. I'm very intrigued by the Callaway Big Bertha 1.5 as it sounds like it could satisfy all of these needs. Last, but not least, I am enamored with the quality of Callaway products being released over the past couple of years and I have no doubt this new design may be the "one" in terms of my 3 wood search!
[/list]

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Irons: Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Mk II w/ Nippon Modus 115 LE Black Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's in your current bag?
910 D3
910 f15
TM V-Steel 5 wood
Mizuno Mp4
Mizuno 52
Titleist 58K
Callaway PM 64
Byron DH89
What's your current handicap?
What's your driver swing speed?
Are you righty or lefty?
Righty
Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
No
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
Yes
Now for the essay portion:
I would be a good candidate because I am actively trying to improve my game (weekly lessons at golftec), have an average build, relatable, an early adopter, and am not currently loyal to any one manufacturer. I believe I can provide a point of view shared by the masses: the golfer who is trying to push their game to the next level (breaking 80) and is looking for the right tools to get them there.

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1432648596' post='11627910']
[attachment=2774830:TESTING_berthamini.jpg]

[color=#282828]It's GolfWRX member review time again! ,We're looking for 10 members to test and give their feedback on Callaway Golf'[/color][color=#282828]s XR Series of Drivers, Fairways, Hybrids and Irons. Here are the details....[/color]

[color=#B22222][b]ABOUT THE CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA MINI 1.5 FAIRWAY WOOD[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]OFF THE TEE[/b]
Off the tee, it’s a better option for players than our typical 3-wood. It has higher MOI from a 235cc head that’s 35% larger than XR, and a shape that gives you confidence over the ball. [/color]
[color=#5A6673][size=4][color=#000000][size=4]It has high ball speed from a Forged Hyper Speed Face Cup, a Forged Composite crown, and the cambered Warbird Sole makes it easy to hit. You’re getting all the best features of a driver in the framework of a larger fairway wood.[/size][/color][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4][b]OFF THE DECK[/b]
If you have a high swing speed, you can play this off the fairway for high speed and amazing distance. You know that long Par-5 you’ve been trying to reach in two? You might be able to get home now.[/size][/color]

[b]ADJUSTIBILITY[/b]
[size=4]Depending on how you want to play it, the Bertha Mini 1.5 can be a replacement driver, a longer option off the tee than a 3-wood, or a club that’s playable off the fairway. That’s why we’ve put in an OptiFit Hosel to tune it to your settings. Choose from 8 different combinations for your loft (-1, S, +1, +2) and lie angle (Draw or Neutral) configurations.[/size]

http://youtu.be/58ZrNkE9RZY

[color=#b22222][b]HOW TO APPLY[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]In a post below, answer the following questions:[/color][list

[*]What's in your current bag? Pingg30 lstec, Xr 4 wod , rest are big bertha tons n hybrid
[*]What's your current handicap? 7
[*]What's your driver swing speed?100
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) no
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes I play 2-3 times a wee and often hit blls on lunch hour
[*]Now for the essay portion:
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b] I have an open spot in my bag and have been eyeing ne of these , 54 yrs old so I can give some of the older better players a great review
[/list]
[/list]
[color=#B22222][b]HOW TESTERS ARE CHOSEN[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]We will chose up to 7 testers from all applicants a few days after this application thread is closed. Stock shafts/setups will be used.[/color]

[color=#B22222][b]ENTER BELOW![/b][/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Jimhayden' timestamp='1432700375' post='11633642']

[color=#282828]It's GolfWRX member review time again! ,We're looking for 10 members to test and give their feedback on Callaway Golf'[/color][color=#282828]s XR Series of Drivers, Fairways, Hybrids and Irons. Here are the details....[/color]

[color=#B22222][b]ABOUT THE CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA MINI 1.5 FAIRWAY WOOD[/b][/color]
Off the tee, it’s a better option for players than our typical 3-wood. It has higher MOI from a 235cc head that’s 35% larger than XR, and a shape that gives you confidence over the ball. [/color]
[color=#5A6673][size=4][color=#000000][size=4]It has high ball speed from a Forged Hyper Speed Face Cup, a Forged Composite crown, and the cambered Warbird Sole makes it easy to hit. You’re getting all the best features of a driver in the framework of a larger fairway wood.[/size][/color][/size][/color]

If you have a high swing speed, you can play this off the fairway for high speed and amazing distance. You know that long Par-5 you’ve been trying to reach in two? You might be able to get home now.[/size][/color]

[b]ADJUSTIBILITY[/b]
[size=4]Depending on how you want to play it, the Bertha Mini 1.5 can be a replacement driver, a longer option off the tee than a 3-wood, or a club that’s playable off the fairway. That’s why we’ve put in an OptiFit Hosel to tune it to your settings. Choose from 8 different combinations for your loft (-1, S, +1, +2) and lie angle (Draw or Neutral) configurations.[/size]

http://youtu.be/58ZrNkE9RZY

[color=#b22222][b]HOW TO APPLY[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]In a post below, answer the following questions:[/color][list

[*]What's in your current bag? Pingg30 lstec, Xr 4 wod , rest are big bertha tons n hybrid
[*]What's your current handicap? 7
[*]What's your driver swing speed?100
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) no
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes I play 2-3 times a wee and often hit blls on lunch hour
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b] I have an open spot in my bag and have been eyeing ne of these , 54 yrs old so I can give some of the older better players a great review
[/list]
[/list]
[color=#282828]We will chose up to 7 testers from all applicants a few days after this application thread is closed. Stock shafts/setups will be used.[/color]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Callaway razr fit extreme 8.5 degree, graphite design 6 stiff
X hot irons with kbs ctaper shafts
I'm a 10 handicap
Swing speed is between 95-105
Righty
I agree to participate in a review
I would love the chance to test a mini cause honestly I'm poor and can't afford any new equipment, my girlfriend bought the clubs I have now. I'm a callaway guy through and through. And that's all I play! Thanks for the chance

What's in my current bag: Big Bertha 815 8.5 with UST Chrome Elements 75 f5t, Big Bertha 3 wood 14.0 with Graphite Design ad-di7 stiff, Titleist 913 17.0 hybrid, Legacy Black 4 - PW irons, Taylormade wedges 50, 55, 60.
What's your current handicap: 1.4
What's your driver swing speed: 110
Are you righty or lefty: Right
Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before: No
Do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread: Yes
essay portion: I play about once or twice a week, at a very tight golf course. I am very good with the 3 wood and hybrid, and solid with the driver. I like the idea of a club that this slightly easier to hit and longer off the tee than the 3 wood, but will hopefully be straighter than the driver, and only slightly shorted. The flexibility of being able to hit it off the deck should allow me to replace the driver and 3wood and add either an additional wedge or long iron. I think I would be the perfect candidate (both playing ability and course setup) to test the 12 deg Big Bertha Mini 1.5.

--- my current bag has a TaylorMade SLDR 460 driver with UST Elements Earth 7F4, Nike Covertt Tour 3w with a Kuro Kage 70S, RHZ Stage2 18.5 hybrid with Altus 85S, Adams Pro VST with Phenom 80S, MP-H4 with PX 5.5, MP-T5 wedges and Scotty a report 2

What's your current handicap?
--- currently playing to a 14

What's your driver swing speed?
-- between 99-103mph

Are you righty or lefty?
--- Righty

Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
--- yes: I have tested Nike golf balls, the UST Elements Chrome shaft, and most recently the TaylorMade Project(a) golf ball.

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
--- Absolutely. I live close to everyone courses and only two minutes from the Golfsmith HQ here in Austin with a great practice range.

Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood
--- I think I would be filling the role of the skeptic. For one, I've never gotten along well with "tweener0 clubs. Strong 3w? 3HL or 4w? Not a chance. The last Callaway club I hit was an old a Big Bertha before the 460cc era. I do remember hitting great shots with the club, but I moved way from it quickly. Since then I've been a bit turned off to the brand. The craze of the mini-driver he me intrigued. For one, having a club more reliable off the tee for tight driving holes is always a plus. But if it can also be used for those long approach shots into par5 greens then that's even better! I would welcome the opportunity to test this club if only to find myself in the role of naysayer-turned-believer as I've really tried hard to find a newer Callaway product to like. Based on my bag, I'm not brand loyal, and will put whatever works for me into play. Could the Mini 1.5 be just that? Let's find out!

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? [color=#FF0000]Nike VRS Covert 2.0 (15 degree) & Ping i25 driver (9.5 degree)[/color]
[*][color="#282828"]What's your current handicap? [/color][color="#ff0000"]13[/color]
[*]What's your driver swing speed? [color=#FF0000]105[/color]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [color=#FF0000]Righty[/color]
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [color=#FF0000]No[/color]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [color=#FF0000]Yes[/color]
[/list][color=#282828]
Now for the essay portion:[/color][color=#282828]
[b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood:[/b][/color]
[color="#ff0000"]Over the past few months I have increased my distance off the tee by about 30 - 40 yards and increased my accuracy significantly with the driver. I am also seeing some improvement with my 3 wood but it lacks the adjustability I want. There are many instances where I need a longer club to reach that par 5 in two by hitting a solid wood off the deck. There are also times when I need to give up some distance off of the tee where again, the adjustability comes into play. I can add +2 off the tee and bring the loft down a bit off the deck or vice versa.[/color]

R15, i25, udi, mc, vokey, an old odyssey putter.
plus 2
116 mph
righty
no
yes
because I'm not biased and I always wanted to. I'm a high ball hitter and always wanted to try a thriver out.

Dr. Sim2 8° w/ RDX blue 60 6.5

3 Wood. Sim2 15° and 19° w/ Diamana 70x

Ui. Callaway x forged ut 21° w/ dg120 x100

4 to GW. Mizuno Pro 223 w/ dg120 x100

SW and Lw. 54° and 58° Milled grind raw w/ dg s200

Putter. Odyssey OG 1ws, 33 inches

Ball. Taylormade TP5x

[list]
[*][b]What's in your current bag?[/b] Titleist 910D2 9.5 Diamana Kai'Li, Titleist 910F Diamana Kai'Li, Titleist 910H Diamana Kai'Li, AP2 Nippon Modus Pro, Vokey SM5 52, 56, 58
[*][b]What's your current handicap? 2[/b]
[*][b]What's your driver swing speed? [/b]110
[*][b]Are you righty or lefty? [/b]Righty
[*][b]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [/b]No
[*][b]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?[/b] Yes, I will give extensive testing and playability feedback.
[*][b]Now for the essay portion:[/b]
[list]
[*][b][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood [/b][/b]I play 2-3 times a week and practice 2-3 times a week. My home course has several par 4s that I could really use this club with, 3 wood isn't long enough but they are tight enough that I find myself putting my hands on the steering wheel with the driver. Thanks for the opportunity.
[/list]

[/list]

[i]Bag[/i]-
C.C. XL Custom 6º Grafalloy New Blue 65x tipped 1"
TEE XCG7 Beta 13º Black Tie X
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 5w Motore F3 90x
Callaway RazrX Forged 2 iron bent to 16º DG X100
Srixon I-701 Tour TT Black Gold X 4-PW +.5"
Callaway Jaws CC 50º/54º Mizuno MPR12 58º

[i]Handicap[/i]- Aside from missing fairways? About a 2
[i]Driver swing speed[/i]- Upper teens/Lower 20s. I may be a bit old, but I still have gas in the tank!
[i][b]Righty[/b] [size=3][s]or lefty[/s][/size][/i]
[i]Tested[/i]- That would be a negatory.
[i]Participate/Photos[/i]- Yes and I think I can handle the photos (wink wink). That would be a funny question if you knew me. And video. I GoPro all my rounds.

[i]Essay[/i]- This is the tough part! I am breaking out in a sweat like it is prom night. Seriously though I am probably the target demographic and am interested in the club for the same reason Phil was. A little long and a little wrong, just like Phil. And although he has more money, more fame, and more just about everything else, I am better looking, so I have that going for me. I don't sign up for these things unless the club is useful for me. I don't care about a free club. If it is low spin, straighter than my driver and longer than my 3 wood, i am in. I play a lot of tight courses with water, o.b. and houses, can't forget those freakin' houses! Who decides to build a house within reach of my drives? I should make them pay my laundry bill after an errant drive. Send me a Mini and save me some money on dry cleaning my shorts.

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? [color=#ff0000]Cobra Biocell Driver, Callaway Xhot 3w[/color]
[*]What's your current handicap? [color=#ff0000]Index 9.1[/color]
[*]What's your driver swing speed? [color=#ff0000]90-95[/color]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [color=#ff0000]Righty[/color]
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [color=#ff0000]Nope[/color]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [color=#ff0000]Have VG camera equipment and review for sure[/color]
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b]
[*][color=#ff0000][b]I read all the tests of new sticks and first get all excited then hear the SS of 115 MPH, all the talk about 1800 spin rates, 290 yard carries and the need to fill the gap between the 240 hybrid and 270 3W and realize I am closer to my wife's ability than I am the tester and lose interest. We need tests from real world golfers not just Amateurs who claim to be longer than the average PGA Tour pro.[/b][/color]
[/list]

[/list]

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

I'm excited to hear what folks think about these after some real world time with this club. Cool give away.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? Taylormade SLDR driver / fairway woods. Ping I20 irons.
[*]What's your current handicap? 5
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 99
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) Nope
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes
[*]I think I would be a good candidate to test the bertha mini wood because I have a fairly consistent swing and I rarely change my fairway woods. Even though I have the SLDR fairway woods now, i previously played the Titleist 906F4 woods for the longest time.
[/list]

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? - Driver - Ping G30 LS, stiff shaft. Just swapped to that from the Callaway X2Hot. 3 Wood is Callaway X2Hot.
[*]What's your current handicap? 16.1
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 115-118
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) No - but I'd love the chance!!!!
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Absolutely, I'll even try to have a buddy video me swinging it!
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b]
[*][b]Several of the holes on my home course are not Driver friendly off the tee if you're hitting it 260+, and my 3 wood works OK on those, but an extra 10-15 yards would be ideal and set me up for better second shots. Also, we have 2 very long par 5's (612 and 585) that I can almost never reach in 2 without a solid tailwind! The 1.5 off the deck may change that or at least put me in position for a short chip. Whether I'm selected or not - thanks a ton for the opportunity you're giving members here. Callaway makes excellent products, and I'm loving those Chrome Soft balls, keep up the good work.[/b]
[/list]
[/list]

8.5* Cally RFX 43.5" with UST Chrome 8F5T
Cally Xhot 13* 3Deep with Nventix Nunchuk
TMAG 18* Rescue 11 with UST AXIV Black 100X
Mizuno MX-300 3-6, MP-68 7-PW with Aldila RIP Tour 115 S HS1X
Vokey TVD M 52 with PX 6.0
Vokey TVD M 56 with TT Spinner
Vokey TVD K 60 with TT X100
Cameron GoLo 3 (2014)

What's your current handicap? 6.2

What's your driver swing speed? 110

Are you righty or lefty? Righy

Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what). Yes, UST Chrome shaft, love it.

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Absolutely

Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood: First off, I am a club ho. Second is that I have always struggled with larger headed drivers, when they are on its good but when its off....lets not talk about how bad it really gets. I carry my 3Deep for when my driver gives me the middle finger during a round, and if my driver stays in timeout, the 3Deep is my driver because I only lose about 10 yards of distance using it.

•What's in your current bag?
Callaway Big Bertha V Series 10.5* driver
Callaway Big Bertha V Series 3W
Callaway Big Bertha 3 & 4 hybrid
Callaway Apex 5-PW AW SW
Callaway PM Mack Daddy 60* wedge
Odyssey ProType 2-Ball putter
•What's your current handicap?
I shoot in the mid 80s to low 90s
•What's your driver swing speed?
Averages 93mph
•Are you righty or lefty?
Righty
•Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before?
Yes I was a member of the Callaway Big Bertha V Series driver testing (still playing it and loving it too)
•if chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
Yes absolutely would.
•Now for the essay portion;
Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood.
I think I would be a great candidate to review the new Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 because I'd like to see if the mini driver could help an average golfer like myself. Average golfers struggle off the tee especially when the landing area is tight and maybe the shorter length would help with accuracy without sacrificing too much distance. It seems like all of us could benefit from the shorter club over the longer shafted drivers that manufacturers are putting out for average folks. We may see some distance gains but is it really helping us if we are in the tall grass or woods? Finding fairways would help our score and make the game more fun.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

Thought this thread would of been upto at least 20 pages by now,But good luck in who ever gets picked i bet it performs,If no one wants one send it over to good old UK and i will test that baby out

[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Driver Ping G400 10*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*[/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Irons Ping i200 4//PW[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Putter Black Series [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS[/color][/b][/font]

Ping i15 Driver, Taylormade RB2 3 wood, Callaway Apex Pro 3-PW. Vokey GW, SW, LW. See more putter

•What's your current handicap?

•What's your driver swing speed?
98-105 MPH

•Are you righty or lefty?
Lefty

•Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before?
no

•if chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
Absolutely

I would be a good candidate because Im actually thinking of switching to a different wood set-up for my game. Id like to experiment with a 12 degree or a mini driver, and switch to a true 4 or 5 wood as my second club. I tee off with an iron a good bit, and don't care about hitting a driver super long, but would welcome a club I can consistently put into play at a longer distance.

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? [b]Cobra ZL Encore, Titleist 915F 15 deg, Ping G30 17 deg, Cally XR Pro 4-AW (KBS Tour V 110), Cally Mack Daddy 2 54/58, SmartSquare Blade Putter[/b]
[*]What's your current handicap? [b]2 handicap[/b]
[*]What's your driver swing speed? [b]100-102 mph[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]Righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [b]Absolutely[/b]
[list]
[/list]
[/list]
[b]I think I would be a good candidate to test the Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 fairway wood for a variety of reasons : first off, I'm a BIG believer in the movement towards the "mini driver" concept. I have played TM's mini SLDR (12 degree) most of last year and would still be playing it but found the 12 degree was very close in distance to driver and was a little tougher to hit off the deck into par 5's and still achieve the height I was looking for. The mini driver absolutely inspired confidence for me in an area where I have struggled - I tend to hook my tee ball with a fairway wood yet with the SLDR mini driver, it played more like a driver (for me) and was an outstanding weapon on tighter, shorter par 4's (even par 5s). [/b]

[b]Like many golfers, I continue to search for that ideal fairway wood that is excellent off the tee as well as off the fairway. Typically I find most models are good for one or the other, but not both. With my driver ss in the 100 mph range, I feel like my feedback will apply to many golfers.,[/b]

[b]Lastly, this spring I purchased a Flightscope xi+ and very fortunate to live on an outstanding golf course (Golf Club of Georgia - Alpharetta, GA) - we have 36 holes and a fantastic practice facility (with Pro V1 practice balls). Using the Flightscope, I'll be able to provide excellent data/metrics coupled with my analysis of the Bertha mini driver. Regardless of if I'm picked for this trial/contest, I will be purchasing this club.[/b]

Driver: Big Bertha V-Series/10.5/MRC 2nd Gen Bassara E-Series 42/Golf Pride cp2 wrap

3 Wood: 3W Big Bertha V-Series/MRC 2nd Gen Bassara E-Series 42/Golf Pride cp2 wrap

Hybrids: Xhot 2 3 & 4 Stock Graphite/Golf Pride cp2 wrap

Irons 5-PW SQ/Dyamic Gold/Golf Pride cp2 wrap

Wedge: Mack Daddy 2/58-10 S Grind/X Project/Regular/ Golf Pride New Dec Compound

Putter: Odyssey Works Versa # 7 CH/Super Stroke 2.0 Flatso XL

Handicap: 15

SwIng speed: 90

Right

I have not been a tester.

Of course, I agree to participate

I think I would be a good tester cause I struggle of the tee and a smaller head might help me. I like hitting my 3w off the tee but a larger head would be might be in the middle of both. Thanks for the opportunity.

[b]ADJUSTIBILITY[/b]

[color=#B22222][b]HOW TO APPLY[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]In a post below, answer the following questions:[/color][list]
[*]What's in your current bag?
[*]What's your current handicap?
[*]What's your driver swing speed?
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
[list]
[/list]
[/list]

[/quote][list]
[*]What's in your current bag? [b]Signature has the full details, but currently have G30 driver with stiff Fujikura Fuel 50 shaft and i25 3-wood with PWR65 stiff.[/b]
[*]What's your current handicap? [b]Current index 2.0[/b]
[*]What's your driver swing speed? [b]98-100[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]Righty[/b]
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [b]Nope, but I've applied to. Would love to![/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [b]Absolutely![/b]
[list]
[*][b]I'd be a good candidate because I fit into the category of players that have a hard time hitting a driver well. I have a over-the-top move that's been the same since I was nine years old, and I've grooved it well enough to be a good player. It allows me to hit my irons very well and even hybrids/fairway woods that require a slight downward blow. However, my driver distance suffers because I'm unable to figure out how to "hit up" on the ball and I'm unwilling to totally overhaul my swing. I've been considering a driver replacement such as the Mini for some time. I feel like it would be a perfect driver replacement, at least on certain courses, and would be a good fit for my swing type. It also looks great, something the SLDR mini and PING Rapture clubs lacked in my opinion. I understand that hitting a driver is an issue for many players, but I have the added benefit of making the same swing move consistently, and I can provide both perspectives to my fellow WRX addicts. Thanks![/b]
[/list]
[/list]

Driver: Stealth 2 9*
3-Metal: TSi2 13.5* at D4 (+0.75)

5-Metal:  0341 Gen2 18*

4-Hybrid:  i25 22* 
Irons: i210 5-U
Wedges: SM8 54D, SM9 60M
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 2MCS 
Ball: -Pro-V1x 

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? Nike Vapor Speed Driver, Nike Vapor Speed 5 Wood, Nike MMproto Irons, Vokey Wedges
[*]What's your current handicap? 12
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 101 mph
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) Yes, Mystery Golf Ball-Taylormade Project (a)
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood [/b]
[/list]
[/list]
Off the tee, I love using driver or my woods. I love the length of my driver, but I love the consistency of my woods. I would love to be able to test a strong "in-between" club to put into my bag.

[list]
[*][color=#ff0000]What's in your current bag?[/color] BBA driver, TEE XCG6 3 wood, TEE Hybrid that I hate, TM TP irons, Edel Wedges, Taylormade Spider 1 38 inches
[*][color=#ff0000]What's your current handicap? [/color]7
[*][color=#ff0000]What's your driver swing speed? [/color]105
[*][color=#ff0000]Are you righty or lefty? [/color]Righty
[*][color=#ff0000]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [/color]No
[*][color=#ff0000]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?[/color] Of course
[*][color=#ff0000]Now for the essay portion:[/color]
[list]
[*][color=#ff0000][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood: [/b][/color]I am in the dead zone right now and shopping for a new 3 wood. I am not at all happy w/ my current 3 wood and play a course that isn't that long all in all. I need something like this that is in between. I hate small headed 3 woods for this exact reason, I need something I can feel comfortable off the tee with. I am in a dark place right now in that I can't get off of the tee consistently...if I hit the tee ball well, I score well. If I don't, I won't. I shot 78 twice this past weekend and drove the ball awful b/c I have zero confidence in anything but driver...
[/list]

[/list]

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? Bio Cell Driver, X2 Hot 4W, X Hot 3 Deep
[*]What's your current handicap? 13
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 105
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) No
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood - [/b]I was a big fan of the 3 deep and still play it on occasion depending on the course that I play. I played my lowest round ever hitting a fairway wood off the tee every hole. On long courses though I need a little more than the 3 deep can offer me and I am thinking the 1.5 might be the answer. I have always struggled with the larger headed clubs off the tee, and I think that this would be right up my alley.
[/list]

Taylormade Stealth Plus// HZRDUS RDS Black 
Callaway X2Hot 5 Deep // Aldila Tour Green

Taylormade Stealth 7 Wood // Diamana D Limited

Taylormade P790 UDI // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid 23.5// Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // DG S400
Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // DG S400
Odyssey White Hot OG 7

[color=#282828]Currently gaming the G25 3W - Fubuki Alpha Stiff.[/color]
[color=#282828]10.9 Index.[/color]
[color=#282828]Driver SS - 108[/color]
[color=#282828]Righty.[/color]
[color=#282828]Never tested before.[/color]
[color=#282828]I do agree to review and be active in the thread.[/color]

[color=#282828]I play an extremely tight military golf course on the Central Coast of California. Nearly half of the driveable holes are surrounded by some combination of 100' high, ball eating eucalyptus trees and unplayable ice plant. To wander off the fairways is to concede a poor score. That being said, it is a full length course and distance is very much at a premium. I would like to find a playable alternative to my driver on some of the tighter holes, while not sacrificing too much of the length needed for a good chance at par. I also love to write, and would enjoy the opportunity to review the new Big Bertha Mini 1.5! Thank you for your consideration.[/color]

Ping G410 LST Tour 65 S
Ping G25 3W Fubuki Alpha S
Callaway Apex 1-3-5 Hybrids
Ping G410 6-GW Modus 105 S
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/58
Evenroll 2.2 Mid Blade
Titleist ProV1X Yellow

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag?
[*]PING G30 LST DRIVER AND CALLY DIABLO EDGE TOUR 3 WOOD
[*]What's your current handicap?
[*]2
[*]What's your driver swing speed?
[*]110
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[*]RIGHTY
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
[*]NEVER TESTED BEFORE
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
[*]YES WOULD LOVE TO
[*]I HAVE EXPERIMENTED WITH "MINI DRIVERS" AND "STRONG 3 WOODS" FOR SEVERAL YEARS INCLUDING THE RBZ TOUR 13*, XHOT 3DEEP, PING RAPTURE. I REALLY LIKE THE IDEA OF THIS TYPE OF CLUB FOR CONTROL OFF THE TEE BUT WHAT I FOUND IN THE PAST IS THAT THESE CLUBS WERE NOT NECESSARILY STRAIGHTER THAN MY DRIVER AND WERE ONLY MARGINALLY LONGER THAN MY TRUSTY DIABLO. PROVE ME WRONG, I WILL GO INTO THIS WITH A VERY OPEN MIND BECAUSE I DO LIKE THE CONCEPT.
[/list]

Cally Epic Speed w/ Accra
Titleist TSR3 16.5 w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Ping G425 3 Hybrid w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Ping iCrossover 4 Iron w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Srixon ZX7 5-PW w/ PXLZ 6.0
Cally Jaws Raw w/ TIS400
Ping Fetch/Ping Lil'B

- In my bag: Jetspeed driver, rbz 3& 5 fairways, Burner 1.0 irons, ATV wedges

- handicap: 15

- driver swing speed: 105

- righty

- I have never tested before

- Yes, I agree to post and review

- I believe that I would be a great candidate because I represent a big demographic of golfers, the person that really loves the game but just can't find the time to get out more than 1-2 Times per month. I say loves the game because especially with limited play time, we are constantly in search of the equipment that will help our game the most, due to the latest design & technology, knowing that we can't hit the range or course as much as we would like to. And I am excited about a potential 3w replacement for par 5s, and as a compliment to my driver on holes that require shorter tee shots, as I haven't had much luck with my 3w.

[indent=1]What's in your current bag?[/indent]
[indent=1]Optiforce 440 Miyazaki Indigo 72x
Optiforce 3W Diamana Blue S+ 62s
Razr X Utility 21* VS Proto 100x
Razr X MB 4-PW Modus3 120tx
X series JAWS MD 52/56/60[/indent]
[indent=1]What's your current handicap?[/indent]
[indent=1]15[/indent]
[indent=1]What's your driver swing speed?[/indent]
[indent=1]112[/indent]
[indent=1]Are you righty or lefty?[/indent]
[indent=1]Righty[/indent]
[indent=1]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)[/indent]
[indent=1]No[/indent]
[indent=1]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes![/indent]

[indent=1]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/indent]

[indent=1]Currently playing in a couple leagues on courses that are much tighter (and a bit shorter) then I am used to. Off the tee, I really don’t gain enough accuracy from the 3W to make it the safe choice consistently. My 3W off the deck could be the best shot in my bag, but I lose too much distance vs. the driver from the tee box. The BB Mini sounds like a great solution, if it delivers as promised. I would love to gain some accuracy from the tee box and still be able to use it off the turf. Re-reading this, I could be replacing two clubs![/indent]

Rogue Black Tie 8M3 sg
Rogue 15* Evenflow Blue 75 6.0
XR Pro 4-AW RIP Tour SLT 115 Silver
MD Forged 52/58
Odyssey ProType iX 9HT